Chapters 1 and 2
• Hatch Harrison and his wife, Lindsey, are returning from a vacation in which they had attempted to rekindle their relationship following the death of their young son to cancer.
• At the bottom of an icy hill in the snow is a semi truck that is jackknifed at the bottom, and although Hatch tries to stop and avoid the crash, they clip the semi and are careening down an embankment.
• They come to a stop at the bottom of the ravine in a river, where Lindsey is relieved to find that Hatch isn't dead.
• Above them, Bill Cooper, the truck driver radios for help on his CB, and is worried about the accident because he had been drinking since the departure of Myra.
• He feels that he deserves to die for causing the wreck, but that if he doesn't die, he hopes he doesn't lose his...
This section contains 4,135 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)