|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the gorgons believe Percy cannot be killed?
2. How does Frank get rid of the objects Polybotes left behind?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Iris?
4. Who is Thanatos?
5. What did Polybotes leave behind that Frank had to get rid of in Chapter XXI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the memory with her mother and Gaea that Hazel experiences in Chapter XVII?
2. Why is the Fifth Cohort disgraced?
3. What realization hits Percy as he is headed to the emergency Senate meeting in Chapter XIII?
4. How does Nico explain who the giants are and what Thanatos's role is in the underworld?
5. What occurs in the exchange between her mother and Pluto, which Hazel remembers in Chapter VI?
6. What is Frank's plan for the war game that ends in success in Chapter XI?
7. What is Percy's reaction when Frank offers him the vials of gorgon blood, and what does this say about Percy's character?
8. Where do the two gorgons chasing Percy finally corner him, and how does he handle the situation?
9. During their private meeting in Chapter XV, what does Reyna ask of Percy, and what is his reaction?
10. In Chapter XVIII, what do Frank and Percy's reaction to Hazel passing out suggest about how they feel about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of teamwork in "Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune". How important was teamwork to the trio's success? Did the three main characters work equally well together, or did two work better together?
Essay Topic 2
What is Percy's alleged weakness? Do you agree that this is a weakness?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Hazel and Frank. How does it differ from their relationship with Percy? How does it evolve? Do they feel the same way about one another?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)