|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What monumental favor does Frank ask of Hazel in Chapter XXIX?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To hold his stick for him.
(c) To time travel with him.
(d) To keep his past a secret.
2. What does Frank tell his grandmother he suspects he can do, and she confirms it?
(a) Control people's emotions.
(b) Read the future.
(c) Transform into other living beings.
(d) Change the past.
3. What are Percy, Hazel, and Frank doing when they are attacked by gryphons in Chapter XLII?
(a) Bathing and washing their clothes in a river.
(b) Walking to a store.
(c) Eating at a cafe.
4. What are the gryphon nests that Frank, Percy, and Hazel try to hid in filled with?
(a) Precious metals.
5. Who blinded Phineas?
6. As Frank and his group drive away from his grandmother's house, what does Frank see his grandmother turn into?
(a) A buzzard.
(b) An angel.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A bear.
7. Where do the trio end up hiding from the attacking winged beasts in Chapter XXXIX?
(a) Under a bathing giant's leg.
(b) In the shadow of a giant.
(c) In a tunnel under the snow.
(d) In a mysterious mist.
8. In Chapter XVI, who does Phineas say he works for?
9. While sleeping on the plane to Alaska, Percy dreams of a cyclops; where does he give the cyclops directions to?
(a) Camp Olympus.
(b) Frank's grandmother's house.
(c) Camp Half-breed.
(d) Camp Jupiter.
10. When Hazel passes out in Chapter XXIX and travels to her past, who grabs her hand and travels with her?
11. Who shows up as the trio is talking to Thanatos in Chapter XLIV?
12. Gaea helped return Phineas from the dead. What does he give her in return?
(b) He kidnaps people for her.
(d) Animal sacrifies.
13. What is Hazel's reaction when Percy says he thinks he knows Sammy from somewhere?
(a) She says it's not possible.
(b) She thinks Percy is teasing her.
(c) She gets very excited and begs him to try and remember where.
(d) She is skeptical, but hopeful.
14. What happens to Percy suddenly as the trio is walking toward Seward, Alaska after their car breaks down?
(a) He is kidnapped by a winged beast.
(b) He blacks out.
(c) The ground swallows him up.
(d) His memory returns completely.
15. Who does Frank find sitting at his grandmother's bedside in Chapter XXXIV?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Frank turn in to while attacking the giant once they are in Canada?
2. Before the trio boards the train to head to the glacier in Alaska, who does Percy call?
3. What does Frank's grandmother want him to do before she dies?
4. Percy falls asleep while traveling to meet Phineas in Chapter XXV; what does Gaea tell him in his dream?
5. In Percy's dream in Chapter XXV, he sees a Cyclops looking for him. What does the Cyclops call him?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)