|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Percy, Hazel, and Frank doing when they are attacked by gryphons in Chapter XLII?
(a) Walking to a store.
(b) Bathing and washing their clothes in a river.
(d) Eating at a cafe.
2. Who are second class citizens in the Amazon world?
3. When the train is attacked by large winged beasts in Chapter XXXVIII, what do the other tourists think the bests are?
4. When the trio lands in Alaska, what type of giants do they first see?
(a) Gentle green giants.
(b) Jolly green giants.
(c) Gentle blue giants.
(d) Aggressive blue giants.
5. When Arion drops the group off in Chapter XXXIII, what does he leave to search for?
(c) He won't say.
(d) His family.
6. What are the Amazon cages holding Percy and Frank located above?
(a) Large crates of jewels and precious stones.
(b) A deep pit with alligators at the bottom.
(c) A pit of quicksand.
(d) Hot lava.
7. What animal does Percy ask to take the trio to where Phineas is?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A camel.
(d) A whale.
8. Frank, Hazel, and Percy find Frank's grandmother's house surrounded by what?
(a) A mysterious fog.
(b) Poisonous weeds.
(d) Guards from the underworld.
9. What is the name of the skeletal warrior Frank uses his spear to summon?
10. Who shows up as the trio is talking to Thanatos in Chapter XLIV?
11. How does Hazel ultimately kill Alcyoneus?
(a) She stabs him with a dagger in the heart.
(b) She summons lightening to strike him.
(c) With her Sword.
(d) She cuts his foot off and he bleeds to death.
12. Gaea helped return Phineas from the dead. What does he give her in return?
(a) Animal sacrifies.
(b) He kidnaps people for her.
13. Who does Frank find sitting at his grandmother's bedside in Chapter XXXIV?
14. In Chapter XLVIII, who are Frank and Hazel surprised to find back at the glacier?
15. In Chapter XLI, Gaea tells Hazel she can have a wonderful life with a happy mother and marry the boy she loved, if she just does what?
(a) Lead Percy and Frank away from Alaska.
(b) Hands Ella over to Phineas.
(c) Lets Percy go.
(d) Kills Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Thanatos surprises Frank and Percy?
2. Who did Hazel contact in Chapter XXV who already knew the army was coming?
3. What big decision does Ella make at the beginning of Chapter XXIX?
4. Where are Hazel and Percy inspecting weapons, as Frank prepares to speak with his grandmother in Chapter XXXV?
5. What does Frank's grandmother want him to do before she dies?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)