Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
2. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
5. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
Compare and contrast Nin from the beginning of her journal to the end, from her changes in personality to her changes in lovers. Trace her personal journey from the beginning to the end and what it revealed about the woman herself.
In what ways did the inequalities in the romantic relationships between Nin, Miller, Mansfield, and Hugo lead to their extramarital affairs in an attempt to search for their own identities? Why? Did this seem to work for them? Why or why not?
How did her relationships with Miller and Mansfield cause Nin to begin questioning the reality around her at the end of her journal? What did this suggest about Nin's need to move on with her life, as well as how she had grown throughout the course of this year? What did this ultimately reveal about her feelings for both Miller and Mansfield?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)