Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
2. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
5. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
Discuss Nin's evolution as a writer from the beginning of her journal to the end of her affair with Miller, as well as how and why the events of that time shaped her as an artist.
Discuss the roles of domination and submission in regards to the many relationships depicted in this journal. Do not confine this discussion strictly to how it related to Anais Nin.
In what ways did the inequalities in the romantic relationships between Nin, Miller, Mansfield, and Hugo lead to their extramarital affairs in an attempt to search for their own identities? Why? Did this seem to work for them? Why or why not?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)