|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
2. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
5. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
Essay Topic 1
What were the implications of Nin's admitted self-censoring of this particular journal? Discuss how this affected not only the readers' perceptions of Nin and her lovers, but of how her censorship can qualify this work as an unedited journal.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of homosexuality in "Henry and June: From a Journal of Love: The Unexpurgated Diary of Anais Nin."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of domination and submission in regards to the many relationships depicted in this journal. Do not confine this discussion strictly to how it related to Anais Nin.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)