|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over love for whom did Nin disagree with Allendy?
2. How had Nin's romantic love for Hugo changed over the years by her estimation in April?
3. Which of the following was not one of the traits Miller claimed Nin needed in a partner?
4. What did Nin claim about her love for Miller?
5. According to Miller, Nin gave him everything while he gave her _____.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the many different lovers of Nin throughout the year of this journal (be sure to include June Mansfield). Discuss how their differences caused Nin to love each one differently, as well as how it was related to her need to find complete fulfillment.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of homosexuality in "Henry and June: From a Journal of Love: The Unexpurgated Diary of Anais Nin."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Nin's many relationships ultimately changed her and why. Be sure to include her non-sexual or romantic relationships in this topic, as well as whether she was aware or satisfied with these changes and why.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)