Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
2. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
5. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences in Miller and Nin's languages and what it suggested about not only their relationships, but about their personalities. Be sure to also consider the significance of Nin's language becoming coarser like Miller's and what their reactions to her changing manner of speech suggests about the evolution of their relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Nin's evolution as a writer from the beginning of her journal to the end of her affair with Miller, as well as how and why the events of that time shaped her as an artist.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Nin's many relationships ultimately changed her and why. Be sure to include her non-sexual or romantic relationships in this topic, as well as whether she was aware or satisfied with these changes and why.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)