|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
2. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
5. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
Essay Topic 1
What were the implications of Nin's admitted self-censoring of this particular journal? Discuss how this affected not only the readers' perceptions of Nin and her lovers, but of how her censorship can qualify this work as an unedited journal.
Essay Topic 2
After spending four days together in Louveciennes, Miller declared that he and Nin were a married couple, no matter what she (or anyone else) thought. Discuss this statement as being representative of Miller's state of mind at this point and how this revealed his views on relationships, particularly with Nin and his legal wife, Mansfield.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the many different lovers of Nin throughout the year of this journal (be sure to include June Mansfield). Discuss how their differences caused Nin to love each one differently, as well as how it was related to her need to find complete fulfillment.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)