|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nin feel about the equality in her relationship with Miller?
2. Why did Allendy tell Nin she should put on some weight?
3. What did Nin allow Miller and Perles to do in her studio?
4. How had Miller's feelings began to alter in regards to Nin by May of 1932?
5. What appeared to have been Miller's general attitude toward Nin and Mansfield in regards to his relationship with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
2. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
3. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
4. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
5. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
6. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
7. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
8. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
9. What did Dr. Allendy believe about the root of Nin's inferiority complex?
10. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Miller's sexism and possessive jealousy of Nin, as well as how it related to his relationship with Mansfield and, eventually, friendship with Hugo.
Essay Topic 2
What were the implications of Nin's admitted self-censoring of this particular journal? Discuss how this affected not only the readers' perceptions of Nin and her lovers, but of how her censorship can qualify this work as an unedited journal.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of domination and submission in regards to the many relationships depicted in this journal. Do not confine this discussion strictly to how it related to Anais Nin.
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)