|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women was Henry not romantically involved with when seeing Nin?
2. How had Nin's romantic love for Hugo changed over the years by her estimation in April?
3. What did Eduardo fear from Nin in April?
4. What marked the moment in June in which Miller realized Nin was becoming stronger and coarser in words?
5. Why did Eduardo fear Nin in April?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
2. Describe Nin's reflections about her relationship to Hugo at the end of April.
3. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
4. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
5. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
6. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
7. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
8. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
9. How did Miller attempt to advance his relationship with Nin in May?
10. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did her relationships with Miller and Mansfield cause Nin to begin questioning the reality around her at the end of her journal? What did this suggest about Nin's need to move on with her life, as well as how she had grown throughout the course of this year? What did this ultimately reveal about her feelings for both Miller and Mansfield?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Nin's evolution as a writer from the beginning of her journal to the end of her affair with Miller, as well as how and why the events of that time shaped her as an artist.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Nin from the beginning of her journal to the end, from her changes in personality to her changes in lovers. Trace her personal journey from the beginning to the end and what it revealed about the woman herself.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)