|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nin's studio?
2. Who was Miller's polar opposite in regards to reliability with Nin?
3. Why did Nin stay with Miller and Perles in April of 1932?
4. According to Miller, Nin gave him everything while he gave her _____.
5. What part of her body did Nin show Allendy in May?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
2. What was Dr. Allendy's analysis of Nin's relationships?
3. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
4. Describe Nin's discussion about her femininity with Dr. Allendy.
5. Why did Nin describe her journal as being an addiction?
6. How did Miller tell Nin he felt about her husband?
7. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
8. Why did Nin ultimately decide she needed analysis after her time with Miller and Perles at Louveciennes?
9. Why was Nin unhappy in her home and with Hugo by May?
10. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the ways in which art infused these people's lives. How did they use art as a basis (and occasional scapegoat) for their personal lives and romantic entanglements? What did this reveal about their personalities?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Nin's relationship with her family and how it had affected her romantic partnerships.
Essay Topic 3
How did her relationships with Miller and Mansfield cause Nin to begin questioning the reality around her at the end of her journal? What did this suggest about Nin's need to move on with her life, as well as how she had grown throughout the course of this year? What did this ultimately reveal about her feelings for both Miller and Mansfield?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)