Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
2. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
5. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
Essay Topic 1
Why was Allendy's relationship with Nin intensely problematic in regards to her personal life, his professional needs, and her need to straighten out her relationships? Discuss the problems that arose from Allendy treating a woman with psychoanalysis for whom he held great affection and attraction, as well as the possibility of Nin purposefully seducing him.
Essay Topic 2
How was Nin's need for validation from many different people (usually men) in her life related to her neuroses, possible Oedipal complex, and her many different lovers? In what ways was this driving need for approval the basis of her relationship with Miller?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nin and Mansfield's erotically-charged friendship and how it was related to their connections to Miller. Include the women's ideas on lesbianism and how their connection changed their outlooks on romantic attachments.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)