|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Allendy and Nin end their final appointment together in June?
2. What did Miller begin to consider in July, despite Nin's insistence that he not?
3. What request did Nin make of Mansfield in April?
4. How had Nin's romantic love for Hugo changed over the years by her estimation in April?
5. When Miller's remarks hurt Nin when they were at her studio with Perles, what were his intentions behind saying them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nin firm about her commitment that she would always choose Hugo over Miller?
2. How did Miller attempt to advance his relationship with Nin in May?
3. Why did Mansfield's return worry both Miller and Nin?
4. In what ways did Perles Miller's love for Nin in June and how did she counter his claims?
5. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
6. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
7. How did Perles and Miller's differing loves for Nin start to become problematic around April?
8. What was problematic about Nin's agreement to Eduardo in regards to her journal?
9. Why did Miller tell Nin she was not beautiful?
10. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roles of domination and submission in regards to the many relationships depicted in this journal. Do not confine this discussion strictly to how it related to Anais Nin.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Nin's many relationships ultimately changed her and why. Be sure to include her non-sexual or romantic relationships in this topic, as well as whether she was aware or satisfied with these changes and why.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the many different lovers of Nin throughout the year of this journal (be sure to include June Mansfield). Discuss how their differences caused Nin to love each one differently, as well as how it was related to her need to find complete fulfillment.
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)