Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
2. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
5. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
Essay Topic 1
How did her relationships with Miller and Mansfield cause Nin to begin questioning the reality around her at the end of her journal? What did this suggest about Nin's need to move on with her life, as well as how she had grown throughout the course of this year? What did this ultimately reveal about her feelings for both Miller and Mansfield?
Essay Topic 2
What were the implications of Nin's admitted self-censoring of this particular journal? Discuss how this affected not only the readers' perceptions of Nin and her lovers, but of how her censorship can qualify this work as an unedited journal.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Nin's many relationships ultimately changed her and why. Be sure to include her non-sexual or romantic relationships in this topic, as well as whether she was aware or satisfied with these changes and why.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)