|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the primary subject when Nin visited Dr. Allendy?
2. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
3. Over which lover did Nin began to feel unsure of in May?
4. What fear keeps Nin from taking complete pleasure in having sex with Miller?
5. What did Miller say in Nin's studio that hurt her feelings in April?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nin's studio at Louveciennes.
2. What is significant about Nin's realization that she had never given herself fully to another person?
3. How was Miller hypocritical about relationships?
4. How was Nin deluding herself in her relationship with Miller?
5. How did Allendy characterize Nin's relationships with her lovers?
6. What revitalized Hugo and Nin's relationship in May?
7. How did Miller and Nin's relationship start to change in June?
8. How did Miller attempt to advance his relationship with Nin in May?
9. Describe the double standards in Miller and Nin's relationship.
10. Why was Nin unable to believe Miller would leave Mansfield for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the ways in which art infused these people's lives. How did they use art as a basis (and occasional scapegoat) for their personal lives and romantic entanglements? What did this reveal about their personalities?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Nin's relationship with her family and how it had affected her romantic partnerships.
Essay Topic 3
How did her relationships with Miller and Mansfield cause Nin to begin questioning the reality around her at the end of her journal? What did this suggest about Nin's need to move on with her life, as well as how she had grown throughout the course of this year? What did this ultimately reveal about her feelings for both Miller and Mansfield?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)