|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
2. How did Miller feel about Hugo?
3. What did Allendy predict would keep Nin unhappy?
4. In what way did Miller verbally express his love for Nin?
5. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the ways in which art infused these people's lives. How did they use art as a basis (and occasional scapegoat) for their personal lives and romantic entanglements? What did this reveal about their personalities?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Miller's sexism and possessive jealousy of Nin, as well as how it related to his relationship with Mansfield and, eventually, friendship with Hugo.
Essay Topic 3
Why was Allendy's relationship with Nin intensely problematic in regards to her personal life, his professional needs, and her need to straighten out her relationships? Discuss the problems that arose from Allendy treating a woman with psychoanalysis for whom he held great affection and attraction, as well as the possibility of Nin purposefully seducing him.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)