|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nin claim about her love for Miller?
2. What appeared to have been Miller's general attitude toward Nin and Mansfield in regards to his relationship with them?
3. According to Allendy, why did Nin always seek out older men for relationships?
4. What did Eduardo fear from Nin in April?
5. Why could Nin no longer feel comfortable in her own home in May?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Nin's relationship with her family and how it had affected her romantic partnerships.
Essay Topic 2
How did her relationships with Miller and Mansfield cause Nin to begin questioning the reality around her at the end of her journal? What did this suggest about Nin's need to move on with her life, as well as how she had grown throughout the course of this year? What did this ultimately reveal about her feelings for both Miller and Mansfield?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Nin's many relationships ultimately changed her and why. Be sure to include her non-sexual or romantic relationships in this topic, as well as whether she was aware or satisfied with these changes and why.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)