Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nin should ever lose Miller, what did she claim would no longer be necessary?
2. What fear did both Miller and Nin have with the possible return of Mansfield?
3. What did Allendy suggest as being the cause of Nin's inferiority complex?
4. Why was Miller's dislike (as claimed in April of 1932) hypocritical?
5. By May, how did Nin begin to view her journal?
Discuss Nin's evolution as a writer from the beginning of her journal to the end of her affair with Miller, as well as how and why the events of that time shaped her as an artist.
Discuss the differences in Miller and Nin's languages and what it suggested about not only their relationships, but about their personalities. Be sure to also consider the significance of Nin's language becoming coarser like Miller's and what their reactions to her changing manner of speech suggests about the evolution of their relationship.
Discuss the significance of the journal's title in relation to Nin's many different romantic relationships. Focus on the different aspects of love as seen through her eyes, as well as how this changed throughout her affair with Miller.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)