|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Nin hurt Hugo more than anything else in the beginning of the journal?
2. How did Hugo refer to his and Nin's tumultuous relationship in November?
3. How did Eduardo feel about Miller?
4. About what sexual activity did Nin find herself frequently fantasizing in October?
5. How did Hugo feel about June Mansfield when he first met her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Hugo and Nin's relationship in November of 1931.
2. Why did Hugo hate Mansfield so intensely upon meeting her?
3. How did Nin and Miller build their relationship in February?
4. Why did Nin begin to doubt Mansfield's mental stability?
5. How did Nin feel about Mansfield when she met her?
6. How did Miller admit to feeling about Nin around March?
7. Describe Nin and Miller's first meeting.
8. Why was Eduardo jealous of Miller and frustrated with Nin in March?
9. Describe the exhibition Nin and Hugo attend.
10. Why was Nin obsessed with sexual fulfillment in October of 1931?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Nin and Mansfield's erotically-charged friendship and how it was related to their connections to Miller. Include the women's ideas on lesbianism and how their connection changed their outlooks on romantic attachments.
Essay Topic 2
After spending four days together in Louveciennes, Miller declared that he and Nin were a married couple, no matter what she (or anyone else) thought. Discuss this statement as being representative of Miller's state of mind at this point and how this revealed his views on relationships, particularly with Nin and his legal wife, Mansfield.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of homosexuality in "Henry and June: From a Journal of Love: The Unexpurgated Diary of Anais Nin."
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)