|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Perles's suggestion to Nin that she loved Miller more than Mansfield affect Nin?
2. After their meeting in March, what was Nin happy to do for him?
3. Why did Nin first sleep with Henry Miller?
4. With what did Nin paper her walls in February while she was in Louveciennes?
5. Why did Hugo start to come home late in October?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nin initially have sex with Miller?
2. How did Miller admit to feeling about Nin around March?
3. How did Nin feel about Mansfield when she met her?
4. How did Nin and Miller build their relationship in February?
5. How did Nin and Miller's relationship evolve during March?
6. Why did Nin begin to doubt Mansfield's mental stability?
7. Describe the exhibition Nin and Hugo attend.
8. Why did Hugo hate Mansfield so intensely upon meeting her?
9. What were Hugo's insecurities about Nin at the beginning of her journal?
10. Why was Eduardo jealous of Miller and frustrated with Nin in March?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Nin's relationship with her family and how it had affected her romantic partnerships.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ways in which art infused these people's lives. How did they use art as a basis (and occasional scapegoat) for their personal lives and romantic entanglements? What did this reveal about their personalities?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the journal's title in relation to Nin's many different romantic relationships. Focus on the different aspects of love as seen through her eyes, as well as how this changed throughout her affair with Miller.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)