Pages 1-52; October 1931- February 1932
1. In what year did "Henry and June" begin?
2. What was Eduardo's relationship to Nin?
3. Where did Eduardo and Nin have their first conversation of the book?
4. Why did Nin refuse to leave Hugo?
(a) She loves him.
(b) He is too ill to be left alone.
(c) She depends upon him financially.
(d) She is afraid he will kill himself.
5. What revelation did Eduardo make to Nin in the first month of this journal?
(a) He had an affair with her husband.
(b) He was in love with her.
(c) He was repulsed by her actions.
(d) He was battling an opium addiction.
6. About what sexual activity did Nin find herself frequently fantasizing in October?
(d) Lesbian intercourse.
7. Why did Hugo start to come home late in October?
(a) He was visiting the opium dens.
(b) He was preparing to leave her.
(c) He was testing Nin's patience.
(d) He was having an affair.
This section contains 4,992 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)