|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han and Lando tell Karrde that they are going to the Falcon to check on some things, but do what instead?
2. As he prepares to go back into the Jedi induced trance, he calls out to whom?
3. Lando thinks the attack is a bold move because the stormtroopers outnumber them by how much?
4. To Karrde's dismay, Thrawn comments on what?
5. What type of creature is on Karrde's ship, affecting Luke's force powers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three characters from the book, one that you consider evil, one good and one neutral. Explain, in detail, what you think makes each person fit the category you chose for them. Be sure to use examples from the book to back up your choices.
Essay Topic 2
Han, a former smuggler, plays a major role in the story. Answer the following questions about Han, using examples to back up your answers.
1. Is Han an ethical person, even though he used to smuggle and is still willing to deal with his smuggling contacts?
2. What things, such as love of adventure or love of family, motivate Han?
3. Do you feel that Han would have a different personality or make different decisions, had he never been a smuggler?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters in the book, such as Luke, Leia and Mara, are Jedi. As Jedi, they have several powers. Choose one of the powers from the list below as your favorite Jedi power. Then, explain why it is your favorite and how you would use it, if you had it. Also, what are both the positive and negative implications of such a power?
1. sensing danger
2. sensing the emotions of those around you
3. sending telepathic messages to others
4. super strength
5. super speed
6. influencing the actions of others
This section contains 1,800 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)