|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The smuggler contact agrees to do as Han asks because Han did what?
2. Which of the following people is injured, during the fight?
3. Why does Karrde tell one of his associates to hide the Falcon?
4. The Noghiri explain that they know who is related to Vader?
5. Thrawn insists on sending ______________ to aid in a search and rescue mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
2. Was it evil of Talon Karrde to imprison Luke? Why or why not?
3. Even though the ysalimiri creatures block Luke's Jedi senses, in Chapter 21, how does Luke know what is going on and what does he hope to gain from circumstances?
4. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
5. Artoo helps Luke, in Chapter 21. What escape plan do they put into action and is it a good one?
6. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
7. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
8. What interesting connection does Han make between Thrawn and Han's wife, Leia, in Chapter 23, and what does it prompt Han and Lando to do?
9. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
10. How does Mara show her feelings toward Luke, in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Luke's conflict over how and when to use his Jedi powers is a big part of the book. Describe, in detail, the events that take place after he and Mara leave the jungle. How does Luke use his powers to try to help them escape. Also, describe, in detail, what happens when Luke's powers are blocked by the ysalimiri as they are making their escape. What does Luke learn about his reliance on his powers, as a result. Also, what does that mean to you, in terms of having to rely on certain things in your life?
This section contains 1,406 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)