|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke and Jade are about to leave the forest and debate how to do so without being detected by whom?
2. Luke goes through the wires and notices that his best option is to use the power supply from what to escape?
3. How does Leia exit the wookie house?
4. Aves is about to blow the rescue plan by beginning the attack and Lando threatens him with what object?
5. Lando thinks the attack is a bold move because the stormtroopers outnumber them by how much?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reason for and the process by which Luke winding up unconscious, in Chapter 18.
2. Does Chewbacca respect Leia?
3. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
4. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
5. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
6. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
7. What would happen if Artoo were not in Chapter 26?
8. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
9. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
10. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a major theme in the book. It could also be considered as right versus wrong. List three examples from the story of those themes. Also, discuss how those themes compare to at least one incident of good versus evil or right versus wrong in your own life.
Essay Topic 2
Karrde insists that he wants no involvement with the New Republic or the Empire.
1.Based on what you know about him and about smuggling in general, do you believe that or do you think that everyone, especially someone of questionable morals, has their price and can be corrupted?
2.Do you believe that it is possible for corruption to be a two way street. In other words, even though Han is technically on the good side, do you think it would be corruption for him to try to sway Karrde for that side, or is it only corruption when it's done by evil people?
Essay Topic 3
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)