|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralrra is able to speak which language so Leia can understand?
2. Ralrra was enslaved by the Empire before who freed him?
3. What is Lady Luck?
4. Fully awake and unharmed by the creature, Mara aims her blaster at Luke and demands that Luke do what?
5. Leia sets a time and place to meet up with this Noghri in the near future, so that she may do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Luke and Mara when they first crash on the planet's surface and what does it seem to indicate about their inner feelings?
2. What interesting connection does Han make between Thrawn and Han's wife, Leia, in Chapter 23, and what does it prompt Han and Lando to do?
3. How is Luke conflicted internally in Chapters 27 and 28 and is his conflict justified?
4. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
5. Artoo helps Luke, in Chapter 21. What escape plan do they put into action and is it a good one?
6. In Chapter 24, how does Karrde change his story with Han and Lando and what does it indicate about Karrde's personal alliances?
7. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
8. Was it evil of Talon Karrde to imprison Luke? Why or why not?
9. What discovery does Luke make about himself, while trying to escape with Mara, Han and Artoo, and what does it mean for his future?
10. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Leia is put in danger, Han sends her to stay with the Wookies, in the care of his best friend and co-pilot, Chewbacca. Trust or the lack of it is also evidenced in other situations in the book. Choose one of the following relationships and describe, using examples from the book, why the two people trust or do not trust each other. Do you think their trust or lack of trust is justified? Why or why not?
Luke and Mara
Han and Lando
Mara and Karrde
Fey'lya and Ackbar
Luke and Leia
Han and Leia
Essay Topic 2
Karrde insists that he wants no involvement with the New Republic or the Empire.
1.Based on what you know about him and about smuggling in general, do you believe that or do you think that everyone, especially someone of questionable morals, has their price and can be corrupted?
2.Do you believe that it is possible for corruption to be a two way street. In other words, even though Han is technically on the good side, do you think it would be corruption for him to try to sway Karrde for that side, or is it only corruption when it's done by evil people?
Essay Topic 3
Choose three characters from the book, one that you consider evil, one good and one neutral. Explain, in detail, what you think makes each person fit the category you chose for them. Be sure to use examples from the book to back up your choices.
This section contains 1,445 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)