Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thrawn hails Karrde, he says he needs more what?
2. Leia sets a time and place to meet up with this Noghri in the near future, so that she may do what?
3. Using his weapon as the main form of attack, Luke takes down what?
4. Luke and Artoo crash in the forest because of what?
5. There is a scuffle involving aliens trying to do what to Han?
Essay Topic 1
Luke's conflict over how and when to use his Jedi powers is a big part of the book. Describe, in detail, the events that take place after he and Mara leave the jungle. How does Luke use his powers to try to help them escape. Also, describe, in detail, what happens when Luke's powers are blocked by the ysalimiri as they are making their escape. What does Luke learn about his reliance on his powers, as a result. Also, what does that mean to you, in terms of having to rely on certain things in your life?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following and write a detailed essay about it.
1. How does the New Republic government work and how does it compare to governments of today?
2. What are the smugglers and former smugglers in the book like, as compared with modern criminals in the real world? What does that imply about the thoughts and feelings of criminals?
3. Mara claims to hate Luke, in the book. Do you feel that she acts as if that is true? Use examples from the book to back up your position.
Essay Topic 3
The book ends, as it began, with a conflict between good and evil. Thrawn and Pallaeon ambush the shipyards and, soon, everyone is caught up in a battle. Based on that concept, answer any one of the following questions. Be sure to use examples from several points in the book, as well as real life, in your answers.
1. Do you believe that war is sometimes justified or do you think that there is always a peaceful way out of a disagreement?
2. Do you believe that good always triumphs over evil?
3. Do you believe that all is fair in love and war?
4. Do you believe that there is always a concrete right side and wrong side in a war?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)