|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke goes through the wires and notices that his best option is to use the power supply from what to escape?
2. Which of the following people is injured, during the fight?
3. What is the name of Leia's assistant?
4. In order to ensure that the Imperials will not recognize Luke, Jade does what?
5. While Luke sleeps, Jade does what, in order to stay awake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reason for and the process by which Luke winding up unconscious, in Chapter 18.
2. Does Chewbacca respect Leia?
3. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
4. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
5. How are Karrde's hands tied in Chapter 24, as far as what to do with Luke?
6. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
7. What would happen if Artoo were not in Chapter 26?
8. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
9. Why does Thrawn opt not to over involve Joruus in his invasion plans, in Chapter 27?
10. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following and write a detailed essay about it.
1. How does the New Republic government work and how does it compare to governments of today?
2. What are the smugglers and former smugglers in the book like, as compared with modern criminals in the real world? What does that imply about the thoughts and feelings of criminals?
3. Mara claims to hate Luke, in the book. Do you feel that she acts as if that is true? Use examples from the book to back up your position.
Essay Topic 3
When Leia is put in danger, Han sends her to stay with the Wookies, in the care of his best friend and co-pilot, Chewbacca. Trust or the lack of it is also evidenced in other situations in the book. Choose one of the following relationships and describe, using examples from the book, why the two people trust or do not trust each other. Do you think their trust or lack of trust is justified? Why or why not?
Luke and Mara
Han and Lando
Mara and Karrde
Fey'lya and Ackbar
Luke and Leia
Han and Leia
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)