|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Han and Lando plan their next course of action, who is nearby, watching their ships interact?
2. Luke goes through the wires and notices that his best option is to use the power supply from what to escape?
3. Luke thinks that the ship he encounters is either a smuggler ship, a disguised warship or ____________, but decides to go aboard anyway?
4. Luke and his X-wing are towed into the cargo hold of the ship. He is then escorted to meet the ship's captain, whose name is what?
5. In order to ensure that the Imperials will not recognize Luke, Jade does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Karrde's hands tied in Chapter 24, as far as what to do with Luke?
2. What would happen if Artoo were not in Chapter 26?
3. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
4. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
5. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
6. In Chapter 24, how does Karrde change his story with Han and Lando and what does it indicate about Karrde's personal alliances?
7. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
8. What discovery does Luke make about himself, while trying to escape with Mara, Han and Artoo, and what does it mean for his future?
9. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
10. What happens between Luke and Mara when they first crash on the planet's surface and what does it seem to indicate about their inner feelings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a major theme in the book. It could also be considered as right versus wrong. List three examples from the story of those themes. Also, discuss how those themes compare to at least one incident of good versus evil or right versus wrong in your own life.
Essay Topic 2
Karrde insists that he wants no involvement with the New Republic or the Empire.
1.Based on what you know about him and about smuggling in general, do you believe that or do you think that everyone, especially someone of questionable morals, has their price and can be corrupted?
2.Do you believe that it is possible for corruption to be a two way street. In other words, even though Han is technically on the good side, do you think it would be corruption for him to try to sway Karrde for that side, or is it only corruption when it's done by evil people?
Essay Topic 3
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)