|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karrde has Luke moved where, so Han and Lando won't see him?
2. Luke and Artoo crash in the forest because of what?
3. Putting two and two together, after hearing a transmission fromt he Falcon, Thrawn deduces that Leia is what?
4. What is Luke's condition, after the crash?
5. Thrawn is confident that the Noghri will make contact with Leia and do what, as they were instructed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
2. Does Chewbacca respect Leia?
3. How is Luke conflicted internally in Chapters 27 and 28 and is his conflict justified?
4. Why does Thrawn opt not to over involve Joruus in his invasion plans, in Chapter 27?
5. Although Kashyyyk is supposed to be a safe haven for Leia, she doesn't feel at ease there. Describe why Kashyyyk does not feel safe to Leia.
6. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
7. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
8. How does Mara show her feelings toward Luke, in Chapter 19?
9. Describe the reason for and the process by which Luke winding up unconscious, in Chapter 18.
10. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While on Kashyyyk with the Wookies, Leia is fearful of staying in the village in the trees, although she gets used to it, eventually. Write a detailed essay about a fear that you have. Why are you afraid of that thing? What triggered the fear? Do you feel that you could adapt to your fear, like Leia did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
As the book opens, Luke is torn between his obligations to the Jedi order and his concern for his sister, Leia and the fledgling government that he helped her start.
Part 1. What is more important, concern over family or obligations to others? Are there situations where either one could be appropriate? Why or why not?
Part 2. Is it ever possible to keep everyone happy at once? Why or why not?
Part 3. If you were in Luke's situation, what would you have done about Leia and why?
Essay Topic 3
When Luke and Mara crashed in the jungle, Luke could have escaped, but he chose to check on Mara. If you were Luke and you were stuck in the jungle with Mara, what would you have done? What motivates you to make that decision? Would it be based on what you know of Mara specifically, or would you do the same thing if you crashed with anyone?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)