Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thrawn hails Karrde, he says he needs more what?
2. Leia sets a time and place to meet up with this Noghri in the near future, so that she may do what?
3. Using his weapon as the main form of attack, Luke takes down what?
4. Luke and Artoo crash in the forest because of what?
5. There is a scuffle involving aliens trying to do what to Han?
Compare and contrast the characters of Mara and Luke. They are both Jedi, but their paths are very different. What things have shaped their lives? Also, how much do you feel that events in life shape who a person is? In other words, how much of a person's choices are predetermined when they are born and how much of it is based on what happens to them in the world?
Pick one of the following and write a detailed essay about it.
1. How does the New Republic government work and how does it compare to governments of today?
2. What are the smugglers and former smugglers in the book like, as compared with modern criminals in the real world? What does that imply about the thoughts and feelings of criminals?
3. Mara claims to hate Luke, in the book. Do you feel that she acts as if that is true? Use examples from the book to back up your position.
In the story, Borsk Fey'lya and Ackbar oppose each other in the government meetings, eventually leading to Fey'lya trying to get Ackbar tried for treason. Using examples from the story, answer the following questions in detail.
1. If Fey'lya and Ackbar were high ranking government officials in the real world, what present officials do you think they would be most like and why?
2. What, in general, do you think about corruption in government, in modern times? In other words, do you feel it is out of control and, if so, how might you start to fix things, if you could?
3. What are Fey'lya's major motivations for trying to get rid of Ackbar? Are there modern cases that are similar?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)