|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jade held what position at Jabba the Hutt's Palace, during the brief time that Luke was there?
2. Han and Lando discuss plans to pay a visit to Talon Karrde as part of Han's earlier mission to do what?
3. Karrde's message is telling them to plan a ruse in order to fool whom?
4. To ensure that his crew does not say anything about Luke, accidentally, Karrde does what?
5. Leia sets a time and place to meet up with this Noghri in the near future, so that she may do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery does Luke make about himself, while trying to escape with Mara, Han and Artoo, and what does it mean for his future?
2. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
3. Artoo helps Luke, in Chapter 21. What escape plan do they put into action and is it a good one?
4. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
5. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
6. How is Luke conflicted internally in Chapters 27 and 28 and is his conflict justified?
7. Although Kashyyyk is supposed to be a safe haven for Leia, she doesn't feel at ease there. Describe why Kashyyyk does not feel safe to Leia.
8. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
9. Why does Thrawn opt not to over involve Joruus in his invasion plans, in Chapter 27?
10. Explain why Han and Lando meet with a fellow smuggler, in Chapter 20, and what causes the smuggler to finally agree to help them.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the book opens, Luke is torn between his obligations to the Jedi order and his concern for his sister, Leia and the fledgling government that he helped her start.
Part 1. What is more important, concern over family or obligations to others? Are there situations where either one could be appropriate? Why or why not?
Part 2. Is it ever possible to keep everyone happy at once? Why or why not?
Part 3. If you were in Luke's situation, what would you have done about Leia and why?
Essay Topic 2
When Luke and Mara crashed in the jungle, Luke could have escaped, but he chose to check on Mara. If you were Luke and you were stuck in the jungle with Mara, what would you have done? What motivates you to make that decision? Would it be based on what you know of Mara specifically, or would you do the same thing if you crashed with anyone?
Essay Topic 3
Good versus evil is a major theme in the book. It could also be considered as right versus wrong. List three examples from the story of those themes. Also, discuss how those themes compare to at least one incident of good versus evil or right versus wrong in your own life.
This section contains 1,322 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)