|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke and Jade are about to leave the forest and debate how to do so without being detected by whom?
2. Han and Lando offer to take their smuggler contact back to his base in exchange for what?
3. Han and Lando tell Karrde that they are going to the Falcon to check on some things, but do what instead?
4. How does Leia exit the wookie house?
5. Luke could escape after the crash but, instead, he does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
2. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
3. Even though the ysalimiri creatures block Luke's Jedi senses, in Chapter 21, how does Luke know what is going on and what does he hope to gain from circumstances?
4. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
5. Artoo helps Luke, in Chapter 21. What escape plan do they put into action and is it a good one?
6. How are Karrde's hands tied in Chapter 24, as far as what to do with Luke?
7. What happens between Luke and Mara when they first crash on the planet's surface and what does it seem to indicate about their inner feelings?
8. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
9. Does Chewbacca respect Leia?
10. What discovery does Luke make about himself, while trying to escape with Mara, Han and Artoo, and what does it mean for his future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Luke and Mara crashed in the jungle, Luke could have escaped, but he chose to check on Mara. If you were Luke and you were stuck in the jungle with Mara, what would you have done? What motivates you to make that decision? Would it be based on what you know of Mara specifically, or would you do the same thing if you crashed with anyone?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three characters from the book, one that you consider evil, one good and one neutral. Explain, in detail, what you think makes each person fit the category you chose for them. Be sure to use examples from the book to back up your choices.
Essay Topic 3
In the book, the empire is identified as evil and the rebellion, which later became the New Republic, is identified as good. Do you believe that people who evil, like Thrawn, always know that they are evil? In other words, might Thrawn and Pallaeon genuinely think that they are justified and that they are actually good, or would they agree that they are evil, but choose to act that way anyway? Be sure to use examples from both the book and real life to explain whether or not good and evil can be based on perspective.
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)