|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karrde has Luke moved where, so Han and Lando won't see him?
2. What does Jade do when she discovers Luke is missing?
3. Aves is about to blow the rescue plan by beginning the attack and Lando threatens him with what object?
4. After disabling the Noghiri ship, Leia asks to speak to whom?
5. To ensure that his crew does not say anything about Luke, accidentally, Karrde does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, how does Karrde change his story with Han and Lando and what does it indicate about Karrde's personal alliances?
2. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
3. Even though the ysalimiri creatures block Luke's Jedi senses, in Chapter 21, how does Luke know what is going on and what does he hope to gain from circumstances?
4. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
5. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
6. What interesting connection does Han make between Thrawn and Han's wife, Leia, in Chapter 23, and what does it prompt Han and Lando to do?
7. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
8. Describe the reason for and the process by which Luke winding up unconscious, in Chapter 18.
9. Why does Thrawn opt not to over involve Joruus in his invasion plans, in Chapter 27?
10. Does Chewbacca respect Leia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
Essay Topic 2
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Good versus evil is a major theme in the book. It could also be considered as right versus wrong. List three examples from the story of those themes. Also, discuss how those themes compare to at least one incident of good versus evil or right versus wrong in your own life.
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)