|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wookies Ralrra and __________ come to greet the landing party?
2. How does Luke's initial meeting with Karrde end?
3. The stormtroopers handcuff and detain both Luke and Mara and escort them to a nearby what?
4. It is the middle of the night on Kashyyyk and Leia is awake. As she gets up what happens?
5. Karrde tells Luke that Karrde's associate, whom, is the one who alerted Karrde to Luke's presence.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
2. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
3. Explain why Han and Lando meet with a fellow smuggler, in Chapter 20, and what causes the smuggler to finally agree to help them.
4. In Chapter 24, how does Karrde change his story with Han and Lando and what does it indicate about Karrde's personal alliances?
5. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
6. Describe the reason for and the process by which Luke winding up unconscious, in Chapter 18.
7. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
8. Even though the ysalimiri creatures block Luke's Jedi senses, in Chapter 21, how does Luke know what is going on and what does he hope to gain from circumstances?
9. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
10. How does Mara show her feelings toward Luke, in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following and write a detailed essay about it.
1. How does the New Republic government work and how does it compare to governments of today?
2. What are the smugglers and former smugglers in the book like, as compared with modern criminals in the real world? What does that imply about the thoughts and feelings of criminals?
3. Mara claims to hate Luke, in the book. Do you feel that she acts as if that is true? Use examples from the book to back up your position.
Essay Topic 2
The book ends, as it began, with a conflict between good and evil. Thrawn and Pallaeon ambush the shipyards and, soon, everyone is caught up in a battle. Based on that concept, answer any one of the following questions. Be sure to use examples from several points in the book, as well as real life, in your answers.
1. Do you believe that war is sometimes justified or do you think that there is always a peaceful way out of a disagreement?
2. Do you believe that good always triumphs over evil?
3. Do you believe that all is fair in love and war?
4. Do you believe that there is always a concrete right side and wrong side in a war?
Essay Topic 3
When Luke and Mara crashed in the jungle, Luke could have escaped, but he chose to check on Mara. If you were Luke and you were stuck in the jungle with Mara, what would you have done? What motivates you to make that decision? Would it be based on what you know of Mara specifically, or would you do the same thing if you crashed with anyone?
This section contains 1,407 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)