|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Karrde's dismay, Thrawn comments on what?
2. While trying to escape his cell, Luke hears _________ nearby?
3. Karrde decides to get in touch with his contact where, to determine why the Imperials are after Luke?
4. Luke wakes up, after his meeting with Karrde and realizes that what has happened to him?
5. When Thrawn hails Karrde, he says he needs more what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though the ysalimiri creatures block Luke's Jedi senses, in Chapter 21, how does Luke know what is going on and what does he hope to gain from circumstances?
2. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
3. How is Luke conflicted internally in Chapters 27 and 28 and is his conflict justified?
4. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
5. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
6. What interesting connection does Han make between Thrawn and Han's wife, Leia, in Chapter 23, and what does it prompt Han and Lando to do?
7. Although Kashyyyk is supposed to be a safe haven for Leia, she doesn't feel at ease there. Describe why Kashyyyk does not feel safe to Leia.
8. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
9. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
10. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
Essay Topic 2
The book ends, as it began, with a conflict between good and evil. Thrawn and Pallaeon ambush the shipyards and, soon, everyone is caught up in a battle. Based on that concept, answer any one of the following questions. Be sure to use examples from several points in the book, as well as real life, in your answers.
1. Do you believe that war is sometimes justified or do you think that there is always a peaceful way out of a disagreement?
2. Do you believe that good always triumphs over evil?
3. Do you believe that all is fair in love and war?
4. Do you believe that there is always a concrete right side and wrong side in a war?
Essay Topic 3
How do ethics shape the story? Which characters do unethical things and why? Also, do you think that any of their actions were justified, in order to achieve their end results? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,413 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)