|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he prepares to go back into the Jedi induced trance, he calls out to whom?
2. On board the Chimaera, Pallaeon confirms that there are how many transient warships available at the Sluis Van Shipyards?
3. While Luke sleeps, Jade does what, in order to stay awake?
4. Karrde tells Luke that Karrde's associate, whom, is the one who alerted Karrde to Luke's presence.
5. Luke goes through the wires and notices that his best option is to use the power supply from what to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was it evil of Talon Karrde to imprison Luke? Why or why not?
2. Even though the ysalimiri creatures block Luke's Jedi senses, in Chapter 21, how does Luke know what is going on and what does he hope to gain from circumstances?
3. Does Chewbacca respect Leia?
4. Why does Thrawn opt not to over involve Joruus in his invasion plans, in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 24, how does Karrde change his story with Han and Lando and what does it indicate about Karrde's personal alliances?
6. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
7. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
8. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
9. What would happen if Artoo were not in Chapter 26?
10. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the story, Borsk Fey'lya and Ackbar oppose each other in the government meetings, eventually leading to Fey'lya trying to get Ackbar tried for treason. Using examples from the story, answer the following questions in detail.
1. If Fey'lya and Ackbar were high ranking government officials in the real world, what present officials do you think they would be most like and why?
2. What, in general, do you think about corruption in government, in modern times? In other words, do you feel it is out of control and, if so, how might you start to fix things, if you could?
3. What are Fey'lya's major motivations for trying to get rid of Ackbar? Are there modern cases that are similar?
Essay Topic 2
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Heir to the Empire is a Star Wars novel and Star Wars is based upon far off galaxies and planets, as well as alien races. What are your personal opinions about the exploration of outer space? Do you believe that there are other planets that are inhabited by intelligent beings? If not, why not? If so, do you picture those beings looking like humans, or in some other form, like the Wookies and Noghiri in the book? Also, do you believe that aliens have ever visited or will ever visit Earth? If so, for what purpose?
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)