|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karrde has Luke moved where, so Han and Lando won't see him?
2. The stormtroopers handcuff and detain both Luke and Mara and escort them to a nearby what?
3. Han and Lando offer to take their smuggler contact back to his base in exchange for what?
4. Thrawn is confident that the Noghri will make contact with Leia and do what, as they were instructed?
5. To Karrde's dismay, Thrawn comments on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interesting connection does Han make between Thrawn and Han's wife, Leia, in Chapter 23, and what does it prompt Han and Lando to do?
2. Although Kashyyyk is supposed to be a safe haven for Leia, she doesn't feel at ease there. Describe why Kashyyyk does not feel safe to Leia.
3. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
4. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
5. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
6. Was it evil of Talon Karrde to imprison Luke? Why or why not?
7. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
8. Describe the reason for and the process by which Luke winding up unconscious, in Chapter 18.
9. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
10. What discovery does Luke make about himself, while trying to escape with Mara, Han and Artoo, and what does it mean for his future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luke's conflict over how and when to use his Jedi powers is a big part of the book. Describe, in detail, the events that take place after he and Mara leave the jungle. How does Luke use his powers to try to help them escape. Also, describe, in detail, what happens when Luke's powers are blocked by the ysalimiri as they are making their escape. What does Luke learn about his reliance on his powers, as a result. Also, what does that mean to you, in terms of having to rely on certain things in your life?
Essay Topic 2
Karrde insists that he wants no involvement with the New Republic or the Empire.
1.Based on what you know about him and about smuggling in general, do you believe that or do you think that everyone, especially someone of questionable morals, has their price and can be corrupted?
2.Do you believe that it is possible for corruption to be a two way street. In other words, even though Han is technically on the good side, do you think it would be corruption for him to try to sway Karrde for that side, or is it only corruption when it's done by evil people?
Essay Topic 3
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
This section contains 1,431 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)