|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han and Lando discuss plans to pay a visit to Talon Karrde as part of Han's earlier mission to do what?
2. Luke senses that something is cutting off what?
3. What is sabbac?
4. Karrde's message is telling them to plan a ruse in order to fool whom?
5. There is a scuffle involving aliens trying to do what to Han?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
2. How is Luke conflicted internally in Chapters 27 and 28 and is his conflict justified?
3. Explain why Han and Lando meet with a fellow smuggler, in Chapter 20, and what causes the smuggler to finally agree to help them.
4. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
5. What happens between Luke and Mara when they first crash on the planet's surface and what does it seem to indicate about their inner feelings?
6. How are Karrde's hands tied in Chapter 24, as far as what to do with Luke?
7. What discovery does Luke make about himself, while trying to escape with Mara, Han and Artoo, and what does it mean for his future?
8. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
9. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
10. Does Chewbacca respect Leia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Karrde insists that he wants no involvement with the New Republic or the Empire.
1.Based on what you know about him and about smuggling in general, do you believe that or do you think that everyone, especially someone of questionable morals, has their price and can be corrupted?
2.Do you believe that it is possible for corruption to be a two way street. In other words, even though Han is technically on the good side, do you think it would be corruption for him to try to sway Karrde for that side, or is it only corruption when it's done by evil people?
Essay Topic 3
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)