|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralrra was enslaved by the Empire before who freed him?
2. What does Jade do when she discovers Luke is missing?
3. The Noghiri explain that they know who is related to Vader?
4. Luke goes through the wires and notices that his best option is to use the power supply from what to escape?
5. Luke wakes up, after his meeting with Karrde and realizes that what has happened to him?
Essay Topic 1
The book ends, as it began, with a conflict between good and evil. Thrawn and Pallaeon ambush the shipyards and, soon, everyone is caught up in a battle. Based on that concept, answer any one of the following questions. Be sure to use examples from several points in the book, as well as real life, in your answers.
1. Do you believe that war is sometimes justified or do you think that there is always a peaceful way out of a disagreement?
2. Do you believe that good always triumphs over evil?
3. Do you believe that all is fair in love and war?
4. Do you believe that there is always a concrete right side and wrong side in a war?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three characters from the book, one that you consider evil, one good and one neutral. Explain, in detail, what you think makes each person fit the category you chose for them. Be sure to use examples from the book to back up your choices.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Mara and Luke. They are both Jedi, but their paths are very different. What things have shaped their lives? Also, how much do you feel that events in life shape who a person is? In other words, how much of a person's choices are predetermined when they are born and how much of it is based on what happens to them in the world?
This section contains 1,783 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)