|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Grand Admiral?
2. What does Luke find in the cave on Dagobah?
3. Han is away on what sort of mission, in chapter 2?
4. C'baoth insists they take him where, in order to await Skywalker's arrival?
5. Only when Leia calls out to Luke does Luke realize that he has been on his own, far from Nkllon, for how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Luke conflicted about his loyalties, again, in Chapter 14 and does he make the right choice about what to do?
2. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
3. What is Joruus C'Baoth like?
4. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
5. Suspicion is a major theme of Chapter 3. What are people in Chapter 3 suspicious of?
6. Describe the New Republic Council's reaction to Han and Leia's hasty retreat from Bimmisaari.
7. In Chapter 6, Chewbacca stays on the Falcon, while Han, Leia and Luke go to meet with the Bimms. Do you think the mission could have been completed without Chewbacca? Why or why not?
8. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
9. How are Thrawn and Joruus' plans similar and different?
10. Describe Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Leia's escape from Bimmisaari.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Luke and Mara crashed in the jungle, Luke could have escaped, but he chose to check on Mara. If you were Luke and you were stuck in the jungle with Mara, what would you have done? What motivates you to make that decision? Would it be based on what you know of Mara specifically, or would you do the same thing if you crashed with anyone?
Essay Topic 2
While on Kashyyyk with the Wookies, Leia is fearful of staying in the village in the trees, although she gets used to it, eventually. Write a detailed essay about a fear that you have. Why are you afraid of that thing? What triggered the fear? Do you feel that you could adapt to your fear, like Leia did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Luke's conflict over how and when to use his Jedi powers is a big part of the book. Describe, in detail, the events that take place after he and Mara leave the jungle. How does Luke use his powers to try to help them escape. Also, describe, in detail, what happens when Luke's powers are blocked by the ysalimiri as they are making their escape. What does Luke learn about his reliance on his powers, as a result. Also, what does that mean to you, in terms of having to rely on certain things in your life?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)