|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han's friend and first mate is whom?
2. In Chapter 4, Thrawn's team lands where?
3. Once they are back on board the ship, Leia learns what about the Bimm guide that took them to the marketplace?
4. C'baoth insists they take him where, in order to await Skywalker's arrival?
5. Bimmisaari is a planet inhabited by individuals that wear what color clothing clothing and are half-covered with fur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Leia's escape from Bimmisaari.
2. Describe Mara's reaction to Karrde's mention of Darth Vader, in Chapter 3.
3. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
4. What are some of the ways that Leia's Jedi abilities come into play when everyone is on Bpfasshi, in Chapter 10?
5. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
6. Based on what you know from Chapters 1 through 8, what are Thrawn's major personality traits?
7. As the last surviving high Imperial official, what are some of the good and bad things that Thrawn might have to deal with, based on information in Chapter 1?
8. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
9. How are Thrawn and Joruus' plans similar and different?
10. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
Essay Topic 2
While on Kashyyyk with the Wookies, Leia is fearful of staying in the village in the trees, although she gets used to it, eventually. Write a detailed essay about a fear that you have. Why are you afraid of that thing? What triggered the fear? Do you feel that you could adapt to your fear, like Leia did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following and write a detailed essay about it.
1. How does the New Republic government work and how does it compare to governments of today?
2. What are the smugglers and former smugglers in the book like, as compared with modern criminals in the real world? What does that imply about the thoughts and feelings of criminals?
3. Mara claims to hate Luke, in the book. Do you feel that she acts as if that is true? Use examples from the book to back up your position.
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)