|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once they are back on board the ship, Leia learns what about the Bimm guide that took them to the marketplace?
2. Bimmisaari is a planet inhabited by individuals that wear what color clothing clothing and are half-covered with fur?
3. Karrde is finally allowed to send two men out to help get what sort of creatures?
4. What affects a Jedi's power, rendering a Jedi powerless?
5. Han gets down to business with Lando, explaining that they need to create a ruse to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't Luke go with Han and Leia to Bpfassh and why did that make it strange that Leia was able to go?
2. What is the general theme of the book, which is set up in Chapter 1, and how is that evidenced by the first chapter?
3. How is Luke conflicted about his loyalties, again, in Chapter 14 and does he make the right choice about what to do?
4. How are Thrawn and Joruus' plans similar and different?
5. Describe the New Republic Council's reaction to Han and Leia's hasty retreat from Bimmisaari.
6. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
7. As the last surviving high Imperial official, what are some of the good and bad things that Thrawn might have to deal with, based on information in Chapter 1?
8. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
9. Based on what you know from Chapters 1 through 8, what are Thrawn's major personality traits?
10. How does Joruus' message to Luke, in Chapter 13, affect Luke and what things should Luke realize, based on the message, that he does not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Karrde insists that he wants no involvement with the New Republic or the Empire.
1.Based on what you know about him and about smuggling in general, do you believe that or do you think that everyone, especially someone of questionable morals, has their price and can be corrupted?
2.Do you believe that it is possible for corruption to be a two way street. In other words, even though Han is technically on the good side, do you think it would be corruption for him to try to sway Karrde for that side, or is it only corruption when it's done by evil people?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following and write a detailed essay about it.
1. How does the New Republic government work and how does it compare to governments of today?
2. What are the smugglers and former smugglers in the book like, as compared with modern criminals in the real world? What does that imply about the thoughts and feelings of criminals?
3. Mara claims to hate Luke, in the book. Do you feel that she acts as if that is true? Use examples from the book to back up your position.
Essay Topic 3
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
This section contains 1,357 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)