|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grand Admiral Thrawn, on board what ship, prepares for a three-pronged attack on the New Republic?
2. Leia is pregnant with how many children?
3. Who pays a visit to Luke and Leia, during Leia's Jedi training?
4. What is Mara's last name?
5. Using the diversion in the marketplace, Han uses his comlink to call whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Wedge's feelings in Chapter 31 set up the final chapter of the book?
2. How are Karrde's hands tied in Chapter 24, as far as what to do with Luke?
3. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
4. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
5. Artoo helps Luke, in Chapter 21. What escape plan do they put into action and is it a good one?
6. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
7. Describe Mara's reaction to Karrde's mention of Darth Vader, in Chapter 3.
8. How is Luke conflicted internally in Chapters 27 and 28 and is his conflict justified?
9. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
10. What foreshadowing event does Luke experience on Dagobah and how might it affect the story later on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Leia is put in danger, Han sends her to stay with the Wookies, in the care of his best friend and co-pilot, Chewbacca. Trust or the lack of it is also evidenced in other situations in the book. Choose one of the following relationships and describe, using examples from the book, why the two people trust or do not trust each other. Do you think their trust or lack of trust is justified? Why or why not?
Luke and Mara
Han and Lando
Mara and Karrde
Fey'lya and Ackbar
Luke and Leia
Han and Leia
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil is a major theme in the book. It could also be considered as right versus wrong. List three examples from the story of those themes. Also, discuss how those themes compare to at least one incident of good versus evil or right versus wrong in your own life.
Essay Topic 3
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
This section contains 2,663 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)