|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The guardian oversees the people and city of Mount what?
2. Only when Thrawn promises to deliver Leia and __________ does Joruus reconsider the offer?
3. Luke decides to go see Lando where?
4. Who feels that Leia's party's departure sends a bad message to the Bimms, with whom they are seeking an alliance?
5. Who is Mon Mothma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the major disagreement between Han and Fey'lya, in Chapter 5. Who do you think is correct?
2. Describe Lando's reaction when Han, Leia and Luke show up to visit him at Nkllon. What does it say to you about Lando's personality?
3. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
4. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
5. Describe Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Leia's escape from Bimmisaari.
6. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
7. What are the unusual occurrences, when Leia and Han go to meet with the Bimms?
8. What is Joruus C'Baoth like?
9. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
10. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Leia is put in danger, Han sends her to stay with the Wookies, in the care of his best friend and co-pilot, Chewbacca. Trust or the lack of it is also evidenced in other situations in the book. Choose one of the following relationships and describe, using examples from the book, why the two people trust or do not trust each other. Do you think their trust or lack of trust is justified? Why or why not?
Luke and Mara
Han and Lando
Mara and Karrde
Fey'lya and Ackbar
Luke and Leia
Han and Leia
Essay Topic 2
Conflict is a major theme in the book. Both inner conflicts and conflicts between characters are evident. Choose one of the following conflicts and describe it in detail. What causes it? How does it progress throughout the book? Is it ever resolved?
Fey'lya and Ackbar
Mara and Luke
Luke's inner conflict over his Jedi responsibilities
Karrde's inner conflict over what to do with Luke
Leia's conflict with the Noghiri
Essay Topic 3
Karrde insists that he wants no involvement with the New Republic or the Empire.
1.Based on what you know about him and about smuggling in general, do you believe that or do you think that everyone, especially someone of questionable morals, has their price and can be corrupted?
2.Do you believe that it is possible for corruption to be a two way street. In other words, even though Han is technically on the good side, do you think it would be corruption for him to try to sway Karrde for that side, or is it only corruption when it's done by evil people?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)