Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bimmisaari is a planet inhabited by individuals that wear what color clothing clothing and are half-covered with fur?
2. Han and Leia wonder why the Empire chose Bpfassh, when what is not too far away and might have made a better target?
3. Han and Lando devise a plan to program Threepio with what?
4. Han and Leia discover that they are surrounded by unusual looking gray creatures, wielding what sort of sticks?
5. When Karrde contacts the ship, in Chapter 3, he knows they are headed where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joruus C'Baoth like?
2. Explain why Han and Lando meet with a fellow smuggler, in Chapter 20, and what causes the smuggler to finally agree to help them.
3. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
4. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
5. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
6. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
7. Why couldn't Luke go with Han and Leia to Bpfassh and why did that make it strange that Leia was able to go?
8. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
9. Although Kashyyyk is supposed to be a safe haven for Leia, she doesn't feel at ease there. Describe why Kashyyyk does not feel safe to Leia.
10. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
Compare and contrast the characters of Mara and Luke. They are both Jedi, but their paths are very different. What things have shaped their lives? Also, how much do you feel that events in life shape who a person is? In other words, how much of a person's choices are predetermined when they are born and how much of it is based on what happens to them in the world?
As the book opens, Luke is torn between his obligations to the Jedi order and his concern for his sister, Leia and the fledgling government that he helped her start.
Part 1. What is more important, concern over family or obligations to others? Are there situations where either one could be appropriate? Why or why not?
Part 2. Is it ever possible to keep everyone happy at once? Why or why not?
Part 3. If you were in Luke's situation, what would you have done about Leia and why?
Luke's conflict over how and when to use his Jedi powers is a big part of the book. Describe, in detail, the events that take place after he and Mara leave the jungle. How does Luke use his powers to try to help them escape. Also, describe, in detail, what happens when Luke's powers are blocked by the ysalimiri as they are making their escape. What does Luke learn about his reliance on his powers, as a result. Also, what does that mean to you, in terms of having to rely on certain things in your life?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)