|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the meeting, Leia and who are stopped by Mon Mothma?
2. Mon Mothma asks Leia if Luke has heard about the planned trip to where?
3. Thrawn and Pallaeon want to focus C'baoth's attention on whom, rather than Luke?
4. Han's friend and first mate is whom?
5. What does Luke find in the cave on Dagobah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mara's reaction to Karrde's mention of Darth Vader, in Chapter 3.
2. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
3. What are the unusual occurrences, when Leia and Han go to meet with the Bimms?
4. What is the general theme of the book, which is set up in Chapter 1, and how is that evidenced by the first chapter?
5. What are some of the ways that Leia's Jedi abilities come into play when everyone is on Bpfasshi, in Chapter 10?
6. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
7. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
8. Based on what you know from Chapters 1 through 8, what are Thrawn's major personality traits?
9. Describe Lando's reaction when Han, Leia and Luke show up to visit him at Nkllon. What does it say to you about Lando's personality?
10. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three characters from the book, one that you consider evil, one good and one neutral. Explain, in detail, what you think makes each person fit the category you chose for them. Be sure to use examples from the book to back up your choices.
Essay Topic 3
Luke's conflict over how and when to use his Jedi powers is a big part of the book. Describe, in detail, the events that take place after he and Mara leave the jungle. How does Luke use his powers to try to help them escape. Also, describe, in detail, what happens when Luke's powers are blocked by the ysalimiri as they are making their escape. What does Luke learn about his reliance on his powers, as a result. Also, what does that mean to you, in terms of having to rely on certain things in your life?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)