|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han and Leia decide to visit their old fried, Lando Calrissian. How do Lando and Han know each other?
2. Who feels that Leia's party's departure sends a bad message to the Bimms, with whom they are seeking an alliance?
3. In Chapter 4, Thrawn's team lands where?
4. Thrawn and Pallaeon want to focus C'baoth's attention on whom, rather than Luke?
5. Han wants to hire his old friend to do what sort of job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
2. Describe the New Republic Council's reaction to Han and Leia's hasty retreat from Bimmisaari.
3. Based on what you know from Chapters 1 through 8, what are Thrawn's major personality traits?
4. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
5. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
6. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
7. In Chapter 6, Chewbacca stays on the Falcon, while Han, Leia and Luke go to meet with the Bimms. Do you think the mission could have been completed without Chewbacca? Why or why not?
8. Why couldn't Luke go with Han and Leia to Bpfassh and why did that make it strange that Leia was able to go?
9. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
10. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following and write a detailed essay about it.
1. How does the New Republic government work and how does it compare to governments of today?
2. What are the smugglers and former smugglers in the book like, as compared with modern criminals in the real world? What does that imply about the thoughts and feelings of criminals?
3. Mara claims to hate Luke, in the book. Do you feel that she acts as if that is true? Use examples from the book to back up your position.
Essay Topic 3
When Leia is put in danger, Han sends her to stay with the Wookies, in the care of his best friend and co-pilot, Chewbacca. Trust or the lack of it is also evidenced in other situations in the book. Choose one of the following relationships and describe, using examples from the book, why the two people trust or do not trust each other. Do you think their trust or lack of trust is justified? Why or why not?
Luke and Mara
Han and Lando
Mara and Karrde
Fey'lya and Ackbar
Luke and Leia
Han and Leia
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)