|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they get back aboard the real Falcon, Han alerts whom to this latest threat?
2. Mon Mothma asks Leia if Luke has heard about the planned trip to where?
3. Luke goes to look around the Tower of what, where the planetary council is housed?
4. Karrde knows that Mara's history is linked to whom?
5. Leia plans to check the Imperial archives for information on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Thrawn and Joruus' plans similar and different?
2. What are the unusual occurrences, when Leia and Han go to meet with the Bimms?
3. In Chapter 2, it is learned that the New Republic has set up its government on Coruscant, the planet that was the former home of the Empire. What sort of problems might that cause for the New Republic?
4. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
5. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
6. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
7. In your opinion, should Luke's Loyalty lie with Leia and the New Republic or with the Jedi, based on information learned from Chapters 1 and 2?
8. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
9. As the last surviving high Imperial official, what are some of the good and bad things that Thrawn might have to deal with, based on information in Chapter 1?
10. Describe Mara's reaction to Karrde's mention of Darth Vader, in Chapter 3.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a major theme in the book. It could also be considered as right versus wrong. List three examples from the story of those themes. Also, discuss how those themes compare to at least one incident of good versus evil or right versus wrong in your own life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Mara and Luke. They are both Jedi, but their paths are very different. What things have shaped their lives? Also, how much do you feel that events in life shape who a person is? In other words, how much of a person's choices are predetermined when they are born and how much of it is based on what happens to them in the world?
Essay Topic 3
Luke's conflict over how and when to use his Jedi powers is a big part of the book. Describe, in detail, the events that take place after he and Mara leave the jungle. How does Luke use his powers to try to help them escape. Also, describe, in detail, what happens when Luke's powers are blocked by the ysalimiri as they are making their escape. What does Luke learn about his reliance on his powers, as a result. Also, what does that mean to you, in terms of having to rely on certain things in your life?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)