Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bimmisaari is a planet inhabited by individuals that wear what color clothing clothing and are half-covered with fur?
2. Han and Leia wonder why the Empire chose Bpfassh, when what is not too far away and might have made a better target?
3. Han and Lando devise a plan to program Threepio with what?
4. Han and Leia discover that they are surrounded by unusual looking gray creatures, wielding what sort of sticks?
5. When Karrde contacts the ship, in Chapter 3, he knows they are headed where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joruus C'Baoth like?
2. Explain why Han and Lando meet with a fellow smuggler, in Chapter 20, and what causes the smuggler to finally agree to help them.
3. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
4. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
5. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
6. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
7. Why couldn't Luke go with Han and Leia to Bpfassh and why did that make it strange that Leia was able to go?
8. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
9. Although Kashyyyk is supposed to be a safe haven for Leia, she doesn't feel at ease there. Describe why Kashyyyk does not feel safe to Leia.
10. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
Essay Topic 1
When Luke and Mara crashed in the jungle, Luke could have escaped, but he chose to check on Mara. If you were Luke and you were stuck in the jungle with Mara, what would you have done? What motivates you to make that decision? Would it be based on what you know of Mara specifically, or would you do the same thing if you crashed with anyone?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in the book, such as Luke, Leia and Mara, are Jedi. As Jedi, they have several powers. Choose one of the powers from the list below as your favorite Jedi power. Then, explain why it is your favorite and how you would use it, if you had it. Also, what are both the positive and negative implications of such a power?
1. sensing danger
2. sensing the emotions of those around you
3. sending telepathic messages to others
4. super strength
5. super speed
6. influencing the actions of others
Essay Topic 3
How do ethics shape the story? Which characters do unethical things and why? Also, do you think that any of their actions were justified, in order to achieve their end results? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)