|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karrde hails what ship, he offers to help them?
2. Han is away on what sort of mission, in chapter 2?
3. Who pays a visit to Luke and Leia, during Leia's Jedi training?
4. Thrawn and Pallaeon want to focus C'baoth's attention on whom, rather than Luke?
5. Luke tells them that he found a canister on Dagobah and that it probably belongs to the Dark Jedi that fled to Dagobah from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the unusual occurrences, when Leia and Han go to meet with the Bimms?
2. Explain the major disagreement between Han and Fey'lya, in Chapter 5. Who do you think is correct?
3. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
4. What was Pallaeon's role in the battle with the Rebellion and how might this influence his decisions about the New Republic and the Imperials as the book progresses, based on Chapter 1?
5. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
6. Describe the New Republic Council's reaction to Han and Leia's hasty retreat from Bimmisaari.
7. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
8. In Chapter 2, it is learned that the New Republic has set up its government on Coruscant, the planet that was the former home of the Empire. What sort of problems might that cause for the New Republic?
9. Describe Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Leia's escape from Bimmisaari.
10. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Luke and Mara crashed in the jungle, Luke could have escaped, but he chose to check on Mara. If you were Luke and you were stuck in the jungle with Mara, what would you have done? What motivates you to make that decision? Would it be based on what you know of Mara specifically, or would you do the same thing if you crashed with anyone?
Essay Topic 2
In the book, the empire is identified as evil and the rebellion, which later became the New Republic, is identified as good. Do you believe that people who evil, like Thrawn, always know that they are evil? In other words, might Thrawn and Pallaeon genuinely think that they are justified and that they are actually good, or would they agree that they are evil, but choose to act that way anyway? Be sure to use examples from both the book and real life to explain whether or not good and evil can be based on perspective.
Essay Topic 3
While on Kashyyyk with the Wookies, Leia is fearful of staying in the village in the trees, although she gets used to it, eventually. Write a detailed essay about a fear that you have. Why are you afraid of that thing? What triggered the fear? Do you feel that you could adapt to your fear, like Leia did? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)