|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels that Leia's party's departure sends a bad message to the Bimms, with whom they are seeking an alliance?
2. Leia feels that the attack on Nkllon may have been an attempt to do what, but Lando disagrees?
3. Who pays a visit to Luke and Leia, during Leia's Jedi training?
4. Han and Leia discover that they are surrounded by unusual looking gray creatures, wielding what sort of sticks?
5. Bimmisaari is a planet inhabited by individuals that wear what color clothing clothing and are half-covered with fur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on what you know from Chapters 1 through 8, what are Thrawn's major personality traits?
2. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
3. How do you feel about Luke's actions, in Chapters 15 and 16, as well as previous chapters? Do they seem like good actions for a Jedi master? Why or why not?
4. Although Kashyyyk is supposed to be a safe haven for Leia, she doesn't feel at ease there. Describe why Kashyyyk does not feel safe to Leia.
5. In your opinion, should Luke's Loyalty lie with Leia and the New Republic or with the Jedi, based on information learned from Chapters 1 and 2?
6. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
7. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
8. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
9. Describe the reason for and the process by which Luke winding up unconscious, in Chapter 18.
10. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
Essay Topic 2
In the book, the empire is identified as evil and the rebellion, which later became the New Republic, is identified as good. Do you believe that people who evil, like Thrawn, always know that they are evil? In other words, might Thrawn and Pallaeon genuinely think that they are justified and that they are actually good, or would they agree that they are evil, but choose to act that way anyway? Be sure to use examples from both the book and real life to explain whether or not good and evil can be based on perspective.
Essay Topic 3
Heir to the Empire is a Star Wars novel and Star Wars is based upon far off galaxies and planets, as well as alien races. What are your personal opinions about the exploration of outer space? Do you believe that there are other planets that are inhabited by intelligent beings? If not, why not? If so, do you picture those beings looking like humans, or in some other form, like the Wookies and Noghiri in the book? Also, do you believe that aliens have ever visited or will ever visit Earth? If so, for what purpose?
This section contains 2,710 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)