|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shipyards does Thrawn plan to attack?
2. Thrawn and Pallaeon want to focus C'baoth's attention on whom, rather than Luke?
3. Once they are back on board the ship, Leia learns what about the Bimm guide that took them to the marketplace?
4. Leia feels that the attack on Nkllon may have been an attempt to do what, but Lando disagrees?
5. What is Pallaeon's rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Leia's escape from Bimmisaari.
2. In Chapter 6, Chewbacca stays on the Falcon, while Han, Leia and Luke go to meet with the Bimms. Do you think the mission could have been completed without Chewbacca? Why or why not?
3. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
4. In Chapter 2, it is learned that the New Republic has set up its government on Coruscant, the planet that was the former home of the Empire. What sort of problems might that cause for the New Republic?
5. How does Joruus' message to Luke, in Chapter 13, affect Luke and what things should Luke realize, based on the message, that he does not?
6. What are some of the ways that Leia's Jedi abilities come into play when everyone is on Bpfasshi, in Chapter 10?
7. What is the general theme of the book, which is set up in Chapter 1, and how is that evidenced by the first chapter?
8. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
9. According to evidence in Chapter 2, what is Leia's personality like?
10. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, the empire is identified as evil and the rebellion, which later became the New Republic, is identified as good. Do you believe that people who evil, like Thrawn, always know that they are evil? In other words, might Thrawn and Pallaeon genuinely think that they are justified and that they are actually good, or would they agree that they are evil, but choose to act that way anyway? Be sure to use examples from both the book and real life to explain whether or not good and evil can be based on perspective.
Essay Topic 2
Leia is sympathetic to the Noghiri that attacks her and asks to meet with him. Based on that, answer the following questions.
1. Do you feel that meeting with the Noghiri was a good thing for Leia to do? Why or why not?
2. If you were in Leia's exact position, would you choose to have the meeting like she did? Why or why not?
3. In real life, if you were attacked, would you want to avoid or confront your attacker? Explain your reasons in detail.
Essay Topic 3
How do ethics shape the story? Which characters do unethical things and why? Also, do you think that any of their actions were justified, in order to achieve their end results? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)