|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thrawn arrives at what place, and orders the commencement of the planned attacks?
2. After the meeting, Leia and who are stopped by Mon Mothma?
3. When they get back aboard the real Falcon, Han alerts whom to this latest threat?
4. Thrawn discusses plans with Pallaeon to obtain what, for an attack on some shipyards?
5. As the party approaches the surface of Nkllon, what do they see on the surface?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Han and Lando meet with a fellow smuggler, in Chapter 20, and what causes the smuggler to finally agree to help them.
2. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
3. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
4. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
5. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
6. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
7. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
8. What are some of the ways that Leia's Jedi abilities come into play when everyone is on Bpfasshi, in Chapter 10?
9. What is the general theme of the book, which is set up in Chapter 1, and how is that evidenced by the first chapter?
10. Explain the major disagreement between Han and Fey'lya, in Chapter 5. Who do you think is correct?
Essay Topic 1
Han, a former smuggler, plays a major role in the story. Answer the following questions about Han, using examples to back up your answers.
1. Is Han an ethical person, even though he used to smuggle and is still willing to deal with his smuggling contacts?
2. What things, such as love of adventure or love of family, motivate Han?
3. Do you feel that Han would have a different personality or make different decisions, had he never been a smuggler?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Mara and Luke. They are both Jedi, but their paths are very different. What things have shaped their lives? Also, how much do you feel that events in life shape who a person is? In other words, how much of a person's choices are predetermined when they are born and how much of it is based on what happens to them in the world?
Essay Topic 3
The book ends, as it began, with a conflict between good and evil. Thrawn and Pallaeon ambush the shipyards and, soon, everyone is caught up in a battle. Based on that concept, answer any one of the following questions. Be sure to use examples from several points in the book, as well as real life, in your answers.
1. Do you believe that war is sometimes justified or do you think that there is always a peaceful way out of a disagreement?
2. Do you believe that good always triumphs over evil?
3. Do you believe that all is fair in love and war?
4. Do you believe that there is always a concrete right side and wrong side in a war?
This section contains 2,618 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)