|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Thrawn's team lands where?
2. Han gets down to business with Lando, explaining that they need to create a ruse to do what?
3. Thrawn's team is looking for the guardian of what?
4. Who feels that Leia's party's departure sends a bad message to the Bimms, with whom they are seeking an alliance?
5. Mara is in what state of mind, whenever Vader or the Death Star is mentioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
2. How is Luke conflicted about his loyalties, again, in Chapter 14 and does he make the right choice about what to do?
3. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
4. What is the general theme of the book, which is set up in Chapter 1, and how is that evidenced by the first chapter?
5. Describe Mara's reaction to Karrde's mention of Darth Vader, in Chapter 3.
6. Based on everything you've read about Han through Chapter 10, how does he react to situations and do the other people in the book respect his opinions?
7. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
8. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
9. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
10. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Luke and Mara crashed in the jungle, Luke could have escaped, but he chose to check on Mara. If you were Luke and you were stuck in the jungle with Mara, what would you have done? What motivates you to make that decision? Would it be based on what you know of Mara specifically, or would you do the same thing if you crashed with anyone?
Essay Topic 2
Karrde insists that he wants no involvement with the New Republic or the Empire.
1.Based on what you know about him and about smuggling in general, do you believe that or do you think that everyone, especially someone of questionable morals, has their price and can be corrupted?
2.Do you believe that it is possible for corruption to be a two way street. In other words, even though Han is technically on the good side, do you think it would be corruption for him to try to sway Karrde for that side, or is it only corruption when it's done by evil people?
Essay Topic 3
When Leia is put in danger, Han sends her to stay with the Wookies, in the care of his best friend and co-pilot, Chewbacca. Trust or the lack of it is also evidenced in other situations in the book. Choose one of the following relationships and describe, using examples from the book, why the two people trust or do not trust each other. Do you think their trust or lack of trust is justified? Why or why not?
Luke and Mara
Han and Lando
Mara and Karrde
Fey'lya and Ackbar
Luke and Leia
Han and Leia
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)