|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the meeting between Thrawn and Pallaeon, a young Lieutenant named what interrupts?
2. Thrawn arrives at what place, and orders the commencement of the planned attacks?
3. Only when Leia calls out to Luke does Luke realize that he has been on his own, far from Nkllon, for how long?
4. On Dagobah, Luke looks for the former home of Yoda, Luke's what?
5. What is Pallaeon's ship called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Pallaeon's role in the battle with the Rebellion and how might this influence his decisions about the New Republic and the Imperials as the book progresses, based on Chapter 1?
2. Describe Mara's reaction to Karrde's mention of Darth Vader, in Chapter 3.
3. As the last surviving high Imperial official, what are some of the good and bad things that Thrawn might have to deal with, based on information in Chapter 1?
4. Explain the major disagreement between Han and Fey'lya, in Chapter 5. Who do you think is correct?
5. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
6. According to evidence in Chapter 2, what is Leia's personality like?
7. In your opinion, should Luke's Loyalty lie with Leia and the New Republic or with the Jedi, based on information learned from Chapters 1 and 2?
8. What is Joruus C'Baoth like?
9. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
10. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Han, a former smuggler, plays a major role in the story. Answer the following questions about Han, using examples to back up your answers.
1. Is Han an ethical person, even though he used to smuggle and is still willing to deal with his smuggling contacts?
2. What things, such as love of adventure or love of family, motivate Han?
3. Do you feel that Han would have a different personality or make different decisions, had he never been a smuggler?
Essay Topic 3
The book ends, as it began, with a conflict between good and evil. Thrawn and Pallaeon ambush the shipyards and, soon, everyone is caught up in a battle. Based on that concept, answer any one of the following questions. Be sure to use examples from several points in the book, as well as real life, in your answers.
1. Do you believe that war is sometimes justified or do you think that there is always a peaceful way out of a disagreement?
2. Do you believe that good always triumphs over evil?
3. Do you believe that all is fair in love and war?
4. Do you believe that there is always a concrete right side and wrong side in a war?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)