|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Han and Chewbacca await the arrival of an old friend, who is in what profession?
2. Han and Leia are able to disable the fake Falcon, as what is jettisoned?
3. Han comes in and tells them that they just made the jump to hyperspace and are headed where?
4. Who pays a visit to Luke and Leia, during Leia's Jedi training?
5. Chewbacca stays behind on what ship, while the others go to greet the diplomats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a ysalamiri and what does it do?
2. As the last surviving high Imperial official, what are some of the good and bad things that Thrawn might have to deal with, based on information in Chapter 1?
3. Based on what you know from Chapters 1 through 8, what are Thrawn's major personality traits?
4. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
5. Why couldn't Luke go with Han and Leia to Bpfassh and why did that make it strange that Leia was able to go?
6. What foreshadowing event does Luke experience on Dagobah and how might it affect the story later on?
7. According to evidence in Chapter 2, what is Leia's personality like?
8. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
9. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
10. In your opinion, should Luke's Loyalty lie with Leia and the New Republic or with the Jedi, based on information learned from Chapters 1 and 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Han, a former smuggler, plays a major role in the story. Answer the following questions about Han, using examples to back up your answers.
1. Is Han an ethical person, even though he used to smuggle and is still willing to deal with his smuggling contacts?
2. What things, such as love of adventure or love of family, motivate Han?
3. Do you feel that Han would have a different personality or make different decisions, had he never been a smuggler?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in the book, such as Luke, Leia and Mara, are Jedi. As Jedi, they have several powers. Choose one of the powers from the list below as your favorite Jedi power. Then, explain why it is your favorite and how you would use it, if you had it. Also, what are both the positive and negative implications of such a power?
1. sensing danger
2. sensing the emotions of those around you
3. sending telepathic messages to others
4. super strength
5. super speed
6. influencing the actions of others
Essay Topic 3
While on Kashyyyk with the Wookies, Leia is fearful of staying in the village in the trees, although she gets used to it, eventually. Write a detailed essay about a fear that you have. Why are you afraid of that thing? What triggered the fear? Do you feel that you could adapt to your fear, like Leia did? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)