|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Dark Jedi is mentally unstable because he is what?
2. Han and Chewbacca await the arrival of an old friend, who is in what profession?
3. Han makes a plan to have Leia create a diversion by grabbing what from a local vendor?
4. As they run for cover, Han and Leia hear the familiar sounds of what flying overhead?
5. Who does Karrde want to groom as his second in command?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
2. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
3. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
4. Based on Chapter 1, which do you think is likely to win, the clearly established, yet nearly extinct, Empire, or the supposedly good, but new and not fully organized New Republic, and why?
5. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
6. In Chapter 6, Chewbacca stays on the Falcon, while Han, Leia and Luke go to meet with the Bimms. Do you think the mission could have been completed without Chewbacca? Why or why not?
7. Describe Lando's reaction when Han, Leia and Luke show up to visit him at Nkllon. What does it say to you about Lando's personality?
8. Suspicion is a major theme of Chapter 3. What are people in Chapter 3 suspicious of?
9. What are some of the ways that Leia's Jedi abilities come into play when everyone is on Bpfasshi, in Chapter 10?
10. Describe Luke, Han, Chewbacca and Leia's escape from Bimmisaari.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in the book, such as Luke, Leia and Mara, are Jedi. As Jedi, they have several powers. Choose one of the powers from the list below as your favorite Jedi power. Then, explain why it is your favorite and how you would use it, if you had it. Also, what are both the positive and negative implications of such a power?
1. sensing danger
2. sensing the emotions of those around you
3. sending telepathic messages to others
4. super strength
5. super speed
6. influencing the actions of others
Essay Topic 3
Conflict is a major theme in the book. Both inner conflicts and conflicts between characters are evident. Choose one of the following conflicts and describe it in detail. What causes it? How does it progress throughout the book? Is it ever resolved?
Fey'lya and Ackbar
Mara and Luke
Luke's inner conflict over his Jedi responsibilities
Karrde's inner conflict over what to do with Luke
Leia's conflict with the Noghiri
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)