|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Jedis their power?
2. Han and Leia decide to visit their old fried, Lando Calrissian. How do Lando and Han know each other?
3. When Karrde hails what ship, he offers to help them?
4. Luke decides to prepare his X-wing for a trip to where, after Han and Leia leave him?
5. Luke tells them that he found a canister on Dagobah and that it probably belongs to the Dark Jedi that fled to Dagobah from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foreshadowing event does Luke experience on Dagobah and how might it affect the story later on?
2. Describe how Thrawn uses Joruus' powers, in Chapter 9 and what the results are.
3. In Chapter 2, Luke has a dream in which his former Jedi master, Obi-wan Kenobi, visits him. What is the purpose of Obi-wan's visit and how does it affect Luke?
4. How is Han and Leia's relationship affected by their roles in creating the new government?
5. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
6. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
7. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
8. In Chapter 6, Chewbacca stays on the Falcon, while Han, Leia and Luke go to meet with the Bimms. Do you think the mission could have been completed without Chewbacca? Why or why not?
9. How are Thrawn and Joruus' plans similar and different?
10. Describe the role that Threepio plays in Chapter 14.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Mara and Luke. They are both Jedi, but their paths are very different. What things have shaped their lives? Also, how much do you feel that events in life shape who a person is? In other words, how much of a person's choices are predetermined when they are born and how much of it is based on what happens to them in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Conflict is a major theme in the book. Both inner conflicts and conflicts between characters are evident. Choose one of the following conflicts and describe it in detail. What causes it? How does it progress throughout the book? Is it ever resolved?
Fey'lya and Ackbar
Mara and Luke
Luke's inner conflict over his Jedi responsibilities
Karrde's inner conflict over what to do with Luke
Leia's conflict with the Noghiri
Essay Topic 3
The Force is the unseen energy that gives the Jedi their power, in the book. What is The Force in your life? Do you have more than one? Explain your answer in detail.
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)