|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leia feels that the attack on Nkllon may have been an attempt to do what, but Lando disagrees?
2. Mon Mothma insists that the trip is necessary why?
3. Han and Leia are able to disable the fake Falcon, as what is jettisoned?
4. What is the name of the evil organization mentioned in Chapter 1 that was defeated five years earlier?
5. Leia seeks permission for a leave of absence for what reason, but is denied?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Thrawn and Joruus' plans similar and different?
2. What are the unusual occurrences, when Leia and Han go to meet with the Bimms?
3. Suspicion is a major theme of Chapter 3. What are people in Chapter 3 suspicious of?
4. How does Joruus' message to Luke, in Chapter 13, affect Luke and what things should Luke realize, based on the message, that he does not?
5. In your opinion, should Luke's Loyalty lie with Leia and the New Republic or with the Jedi, based on information learned from Chapters 1 and 2?
6. Describe the New Republic Council's reaction to Han and Leia's hasty retreat from Bimmisaari.
7. Based on what you know from Chapters 1 through 8, what are Thrawn's major personality traits?
8. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
9. As the last surviving high Imperial official, what are some of the good and bad things that Thrawn might have to deal with, based on information in Chapter 1?
10. Once everyone is back aboard the Falcon, in Chapter 7, Han and Leia disagree over what to do next. Leia wants to go straight back to the planet's surface for negotiations, while Han makes the jump to hyperspace and says that they are all returning to Coruscant. Which point of view do you agree with and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Han, a former smuggler, plays a major role in the story. Answer the following questions about Han, using examples to back up your answers.
1. Is Han an ethical person, even though he used to smuggle and is still willing to deal with his smuggling contacts?
2. What things, such as love of adventure or love of family, motivate Han?
3. Do you feel that Han would have a different personality or make different decisions, had he never been a smuggler?
Essay Topic 2
Karrde insists that he wants no involvement with the New Republic or the Empire.
1.Based on what you know about him and about smuggling in general, do you believe that or do you think that everyone, especially someone of questionable morals, has their price and can be corrupted?
2.Do you believe that it is possible for corruption to be a two way street. In other words, even though Han is technically on the good side, do you think it would be corruption for him to try to sway Karrde for that side, or is it only corruption when it's done by evil people?
Essay Topic 3
In the story, Borsk Fey'lya and Ackbar oppose each other in the government meetings, eventually leading to Fey'lya trying to get Ackbar tried for treason. Using examples from the story, answer the following questions in detail.
1. If Fey'lya and Ackbar were high ranking government officials in the real world, what present officials do you think they would be most like and why?
2. What, in general, do you think about corruption in government, in modern times? In other words, do you feel it is out of control and, if so, how might you start to fix things, if you could?
3. What are Fey'lya's major motivations for trying to get rid of Ackbar? Are there modern cases that are similar?
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)