|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels that Leia's party's departure sends a bad message to the Bimms, with whom they are seeking an alliance?
2. Thrawn's ultimate goal, as he tells Pallaeon, is to destroy what?
3. Thrawn discusses plans with Pallaeon to obtain what, for an attack on some shipyards?
4. What is Pallaeon's ship called?
5. Thrawn and Pallaeon want to focus C'baoth's attention on whom, rather than Luke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thrawn want to manipulate Joruus' focus, in Chapter 13?
2. Even though the ysalimiri creatures block Luke's Jedi senses, in Chapter 21, how does Luke know what is going on and what does he hope to gain from circumstances?
3. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
4. How are Thrawn and Joruus' plans similar and different?
5. Based on what you know from Chapters 1 through 8, what are Thrawn's major personality traits?
6. Was it evil of Talon Karrde to imprison Luke? Why or why not?
7. Describe the reason for and the process by which Luke winding up unconscious, in Chapter 18.
8. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
9. Explain the major disagreement between Han and Fey'lya, in Chapter 5. Who do you think is correct?
10. Describe Mara's feelings toward Luke Skywalker, as shown in Chapter 3.
Essay Topic 1
Han, a former smuggler, plays a major role in the story. Answer the following questions about Han, using examples to back up your answers.
1. Is Han an ethical person, even though he used to smuggle and is still willing to deal with his smuggling contacts?
2. What things, such as love of adventure or love of family, motivate Han?
3. Do you feel that Han would have a different personality or make different decisions, had he never been a smuggler?
Essay Topic 2
In the story, Borsk Fey'lya and Ackbar oppose each other in the government meetings, eventually leading to Fey'lya trying to get Ackbar tried for treason. Using examples from the story, answer the following questions in detail.
1. If Fey'lya and Ackbar were high ranking government officials in the real world, what present officials do you think they would be most like and why?
2. What, in general, do you think about corruption in government, in modern times? In other words, do you feel it is out of control and, if so, how might you start to fix things, if you could?
3. What are Fey'lya's major motivations for trying to get rid of Ackbar? Are there modern cases that are similar?
Essay Topic 3
When Luke and Mara crashed in the jungle, Luke could have escaped, but he chose to check on Mara. If you were Luke and you were stuck in the jungle with Mara, what would you have done? What motivates you to make that decision? Would it be based on what you know of Mara specifically, or would you do the same thing if you crashed with anyone?
This section contains 2,644 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)