|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to ensure that the Imperials will not recognize Luke, Jade does what?
(a) hides Luke in a cargo container
(b) tells Luke not to leave the forest until the Imperials have gone
(c) switches clothes with Luke
(d) causes Luke to have an allergic reaction that swells his face
2. On board the Chimaera, Pallaeon confirms that there are how many transient warships available at the Sluis Van Shipyards?
3. Luke and Artoo crash in the forest because of what?
(a) a ship malfunction
(b) trying to evade Jade
(c) trying to evade Karrde
(d) trying to evade Thrawn
4. Mara sends an encrypted code to Karrde, so that he will know what?
(a) Mara is alive.
(b) Imperials are flying overhead.
(c) Luke is dead.
(d) Luke has escaped.
5. As the stormtroopers are escorting Luke and Jade, they run into whom, playing the role of a prisoner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke wakes up, after his meeting with Karrde and realizes that what has happened to him?
2. Alone in his cell, Luke looks for a means of doing what?
3. How does Luke's initial meeting with Karrde end?
4. Jade has not slept in how many days, when the next message from Karrde comes?
5. Luke is in the Jedi hibernation trance and is abruptly awakened by Artoo. As Luke wakes up he realizes that he is very close to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen if Artoo were not in Chapter 26?
2. In Chapter 24, how does Karrde change his story with Han and Lando and what does it indicate about Karrde's personal alliances?
3. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
4. Explain why Han and Lando meet with a fellow smuggler, in Chapter 20, and what causes the smuggler to finally agree to help them.
5. How is Luke conflicted internally in Chapters 27 and 28 and is his conflict justified?
6. Was it evil of Talon Karrde to imprison Luke? Why or why not?
7. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
8. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
9. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
10. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)