|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fully awake and unharmed by the creature, Mara aims her blaster at Luke and demands that Luke do what?
(a) disable Artoo
(b) sit down on the ground
(c) put up his hands
(d) drop his lightsaber
2. What is the name of Leia's assistant?
3. Karrde hesitates to take Han and Lando up on their deal because of what?
(a) Karrde fears taking sides.
(b) Karrde does not trust Lando.
(c) Karrde does not think Jade would approve.
(d) Karrde does not trust Han.
4. To ensure that his crew does not say anything about Luke, accidentally, Karrde does what?
(a) bribes them with money
(b) gives them the day off
(c) keeps Lando and Han in one room
(d) threatens them with death
5. Why does Karrde tell one of his associates to hide the Falcon?
(a) Karrde doesn't want Luke seeing Han's ship.
(b) A huge space battle has started.
(c) The Chimaera has showed up.
(d) Karrde does not want Han and Lando to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, as Artoo wakes Luke again, what ship approaches?
2. How does Luke's initial meeting with Karrde end?
3. Karrde decides to get in touch with his contact where, to determine why the Imperials are after Luke?
4. Putting two and two together, after hearing a transmission fromt he Falcon, Thrawn deduces that Leia is what?
5. While trying to escape his cell, Luke hears _________ nearby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thrawn opt not to over involve Joruus in his invasion plans, in Chapter 27?
2. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
3. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
4. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
5. How does Mara show her feelings toward Luke, in Chapter 19?
6. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
7. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
8. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
9. Artoo helps Luke, in Chapter 21. What escape plan do they put into action and is it a good one?
10. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)