|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luke and Jade are about to leave the forest and debate how to do so without being detected by whom?
(a) forest predators
2. In Chapter 20 who uses Threepio to transmit a message to Coruscant in Leia's voice?
3. When Karrde meets Luke he does what unusual thing, puzzling Luke.
(a) calls Luke by name
(b) identifies himself as Luke's long-lost uncle
(c) brings ten armed guards
(d) wears a Jedi lightsaber on his belt
4. To Karrde's dismay, Thrawn comments on what?
(a) the crash that just occured in the forest
(b) Leia and the noghiri after her
(c) wanting Karrde to kill Luke
(d) Han and Lando
5. Luke goes through the wires and notices that his best option is to use the power supply from what to escape?
(a) his artificial leg
(b) his artificial foot
(c) his artificial eyeball
(d) his artificial hand
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke could escape after the crash but, instead, he does what?
2. Mara sends an encrypted code to Karrde, so that he will know what?
3. The wookies Ralrra and __________ come to greet the landing party?
4. Jade has not slept in how many days, when the next message from Karrde comes?
5. Karrde says that he did not really want to do what with Luke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Paellaeon's observations of and opinions of Thrawn, in Chapters 15 and 16, seem to affect his over all opinion of Thrawn and do you agree with it?
2. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
3. Explain why Han and Lando meet with a fellow smuggler, in Chapter 20, and what causes the smuggler to finally agree to help them.
4. Was it evil of Talon Karrde to imprison Luke? Why or why not?
5. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
6. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
7. In Chapter 24, how does Karrde change his story with Han and Lando and what does it indicate about Karrde's personal alliances?
8. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
9. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
10. What happens between Luke and Mara when they first crash on the planet's surface and what does it seem to indicate about their inner feelings?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)