|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Han and Lando tell Karrde that they are going to the Falcon to check on some things, but do what instead?
(a) go to snoop on Karrde's prisoner
(b) get on the Falcon and fly back to Coruscant
(c) slip off to spy on the Imperials
(d) slip off to send a secret message to Leia
2. On board the Chimaera, Pallaeon confirms that there are how many transient warships available at the Sluis Van Shipyards?
3. While Han and Lando plan their next course of action, who is nearby, watching their ships interact?
4. Luke and his X-wing are towed into the cargo hold of the ship. He is then escorted to meet the ship's captain, whose name is what?
(a) Talon Karrde
(b) Wild Karrde
(c) Kole Karrde
(d) Claw Karrde
5. Thrawn insists on sending ______________ to aid in a search and rescue mission?
(b) a trained rescue team
Short Answer Questions
1. Lando thinks the attack is a bold move because the stormtroopers outnumber them by how much?
2. Jade has not slept in how many days, when the next message from Karrde comes?
3. Ralrra is able to speak which language so Leia can understand?
4. In Chapter 20 who uses Threepio to transmit a message to Coruscant in Leia's voice?
5. Han knows that what was in Karrde's possession, as well as a human prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Karrde hesitate on taking Han and Lando up on their deal, in Chapter 22, and is it a good move on Karrde's part?
2. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
3. In Chapter 24, how does Karrde change his story with Han and Lando and what does it indicate about Karrde's personal alliances?
4. Kashyyyk is intended to be a safe haven for Leia. Why is it unlikely that Leia would be attacked on Kashyyyk?
5. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
6. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
7. Was it evil of Talon Karrde to imprison Luke? Why or why not?
8. Even though the ysalimiri creatures block Luke's Jedi senses, in Chapter 21, how does Luke know what is going on and what does he hope to gain from circumstances?
9. Why does Luke choose to accept help from the Wild Karrde, in Chapter 18 and does he trust Talon Karrde? Why or why not?
10. Although Kashyyyk is supposed to be a safe haven for Leia, she doesn't feel at ease there. Describe why Kashyyyk does not feel safe to Leia.
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)