|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luke is in the Jedi hibernation trance and is abruptly awakened by Artoo. As Luke wakes up he realizes that he is very close to what?
(a) A star
(b) A black hole
(c) the planet's surface
(d) A Star Destroyer
2. As they get closer to the edge of what, Luke and Mara fight off predatory creatures?
(a) a forest
(b) a ravine
(c) an ocean
(d) a river
3. Han and Lando discuss plans to pay a visit to Talon Karrde as part of Han's earlier mission to do what?
(a) obtain weapon schematics
(b) obtain weapons
(c) obtain space station blueprints
(d) obtain cargo ships
4. It is the middle of the night on Kashyyyk and Leia is awake. As she gets up what happens?
(a) She gets a Force message from Luke.
(b) She accidentally falls.
(c) She wakes Chewbacca.
(d) She is attacked.
5. Karrde decides to get in touch with his contact where, to determine why the Imperials are after Luke?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Han and Lando plan their next course of action, who is nearby, watching their ships interact?
2. Alone in his cell, Luke looks for a means of doing what?
3. Karrde tells Luke that Karrde's associate, whom, is the one who alerted Karrde to Luke's presence.
4. Thrawn insists on sending ______________ to aid in a search and rescue mission?
5. While trying to escape his cell, Luke hears _________ nearby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Karrde's hands tied in Chapter 24, as far as what to do with Luke?
2. How is Luke conflicted internally in Chapters 27 and 28 and is his conflict justified?
3. What interesting connection does Han make between Thrawn and Han's wife, Leia, in Chapter 23, and what does it prompt Han and Lando to do?
4. Based on what is known from Chapter 20 and earlier chapters, is Borsk Fey'lya a threat to the New Republic?
5. Even though the ysalimiri creatures block Luke's Jedi senses, in Chapter 21, how does Luke know what is going on and what does he hope to gain from circumstances?
6. Why do the noghiri suddenly claim to change their attitude about Leia, in Chapter 25?
7. How is Karrde trying to play both sides of the fence in Chapters 29 and 30?
8. What would happen if Artoo were not in Chapter 26?
9. What insights are gained into Mara's emotions towards Luke, in Chapter 22, when Mara is thinking about Luke while she is outside and Luke is escaping?
10. In Chapter 26, Mara and Luke's history finally comes to light. How does Mara know Luke and why does she claim to hate him?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)