|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) That she was trying to prevent him from publishing his book.
(b) That she wanted to control him.
(c) That she was working with her husband to watch out for him.
(d) That she was trying to credit for his reformation.
2. What does Lovborg take with him to Brack's?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) A bottle of punch.
(c) A pistol.
(d) Mrs Elvsted's glove.
3. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
(b) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
(c) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
(d) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
4. What does Mrs. Elvsted liken Lovborg's manuscript to?
(a) Lovborg's own life.
(b) A child.
(c) A great piece of art.
(d) Mrs Elvsted's and Lovborg's love.
5. What is Mrs. Elvsted waiting for in HEDDA GABLER at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Lovborg to return from Brack's to take her home.
(b) The arrival of her husband.
(c) News of Lovborg's book.
(d) For Hedda to let her leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
2. What is the reason that Brack gives Hedda for telling her everything that happened to Lovborg the previous evening?
3. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
4. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
5. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)