|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
(b) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
(c) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
(d) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
2. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
(a) That it is pointless for him to write books.
(b) That he is the best man for the professorship.
(c) The he will not be able to maintain a respectable lifestyle.
(d) That he is in love with Hedda.
3. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
(a) Return at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(b) Stay sober.
(c) Finish his book.
(d) Speak to Brack about the professorship.
4. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
(a) That he wanted to kill himself.
(b) That he wanted to write a great book in his life.
(c) That he loved Hedda.
(d) The details of his dissolute lifestyle.
5. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
(a) That Rina is dying and he must hurry to her side.
(b) That Lovborg was arrested, and needs help.
(c) That the police know he has Lovborg's book, and he must go to the station at once.
(d) That Hedda is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
2. What is Hedda thankful for, in her relationship with Brack?
3. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
4. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)