|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
(a) That Hedda is pregnant.
(b) That Rina is dying and he must hurry to her side.
(c) That the police know he has Lovborg's book, and he must go to the station at once.
(d) That Lovborg was arrested, and needs help.
2. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Her father's pistols.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Tesman's chances at the professorship.
(d) Lovborg's manuscript.
3. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
(a) Brack is jealous of Tesman.
(b) Brack wants a more intimate relationship with Hedda.
(c) Brack is willing to do anything that Hedda asks.
(d) Brack is looking after her for her father.
4. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
(a) That it makes him appear unsure of himself.
(b) That Mrs Elvsted had trained him well.
(c) That she admired his fortitude.
(d) That he had changed greatly from the person she knew.
5. What does Tesman think of the book Lovborg read out loud at Brack's party?
(a) He thinks it is plagiarism of his own work.
(b) He thinks it's one of the most remarkable books ever written.
(c) He thinks it is interesting but poorly written.
(d) He thinks it's dull and simplistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
2. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
3. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
4. What is Mrs. Elvsted waiting for in HEDDA GABLER at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)