|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the usual manner for Brack's arrivals and departures?
(a) The front door, as a formal guest.
(b) He comes and goes with Tesman.
(c) He lets himself in without using the bell so not to disturb anyone.
(d) He arrives unannounced through the back door and garden.
2. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
(a) Finish his book.
(b) Return at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(c) Speak to Brack about the professorship.
(d) Stay sober.
3. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
(a) The details of his dissolute lifestyle.
(b) That he loved Hedda.
(c) That he wanted to kill himself.
(d) That he wanted to write a great book in his life.
4. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
(a) Flushed and fearless with vine leaves in his hair.
(b) Reckless and free.
(c) Responsible and self controlled.
(d) The talk of the town.
5. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
(a) That he sold it to repay drinking debts.
(b) That he plagiarized Tesman's work.
(c) That he always hated the book.
(d) That he lost it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
2. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
3. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
5. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)