|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hedda doing when Tesman returns from Brack's party?
(a) Reading Lovborg's book.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Talking with Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Stoking the fire.
2. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
(a) He returned home to sleep.
(b) He went to the police to report his missing manuscript.
(c) He went to an especially lively party at Miss Diana's.
(d) He tried to return to take Mrs Elvsted home.
3. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
(a) Leaf through Lovborg's manuscript.
(b) Write a letter to Lovborg.
(d) Pour herself a drink.
4. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
(a) To see Lovborg succumb to weakness.
(b) To secure the professorship for Tesman.
(c) To win Lovborg's love.
(d) To influence a human fate.
5. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
(b) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
(c) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
(d) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
2. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
3. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
4. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
5. What is the reason that Brack gives Hedda for telling her everything that happened to Lovborg the previous evening?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)