|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
(a) It would have damaged her chances of marrying Tesman.
(b) She knew it was wrong.
(c) Because she loved Lovborg.
(d) She was a coward and afraid of scandal.
2. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) That she was trying to credit for his reformation.
(b) That she was working with her husband to watch out for him.
(c) That she wanted to control him.
(d) That she was trying to prevent him from publishing his book.
3. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) Punch and cakes.
(c) His book.
(d) A letter from Mrs Elvsted.
4. What does Tesman think of the book Lovborg read out loud at Brack's party?
(a) He thinks it's one of the most remarkable books ever written.
(b) He thinks it's dull and simplistic.
(c) He thinks it is plagiarism of his own work.
(d) He thinks it is interesting but poorly written.
5. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
(a) That he is in love with Hedda.
(b) That there is a second copy of the manuscript.
(c) The name of the woman that inspired him.
(d) That his work is plagiarized from Tesman's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
2. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
3. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
5. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)