|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
(a) Friendly and caring.
(b) Cold and distant.
(c) Controlling and manipulative.
(d) Simple and naive.
2. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
(a) To win Lovborg's love.
(b) To see Lovborg succumb to weakness.
(c) To influence a human fate.
(d) To secure the professorship for Tesman.
3. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
(a) That he lost it.
(b) That he always hated the book.
(c) That he sold it to repay drinking debts.
(d) That he plagiarized Tesman's work.
4. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
(a) Punch and cakes.
(b) His book.
(c) A letter from Mrs Elvsted.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
5. What time of day is it when Lovborg arrives at the Tesman household?
(a) After daybreak the next morning.
(b) He arrives at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(c) Four in the morning.
(d) Late the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
2. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
3. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
4. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
5. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)