|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that Brack gives Hedda for telling her everything that happened to Lovborg the previous evening?
(a) So that she can see how uncontrolled Lovborg is.
(b) So that she understands the importance of the manuscript.
(c) To suggest that the Tesman house should not welcome Lovborg further.
(d) Because he knows how Lovborg feels about Hedda.
2. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
(a) He grows angry and embarrassed, and decides to leave with Tesman and Brack.
(b) He brushes it off and admonishes Hedda.
(c) He laughs at Mrs Elvsted.
(d) He makes a toast with a glass of punch, to 'the truth'.
3. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
(a) That she was anxious about Lovborg's fortitude.
(b) That she had been a flame of Tesman's.
(c) That she was jealous of Hedda.
(d) That she had left her husband.
4. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
(a) To influence a human fate.
(b) To see Lovborg succumb to weakness.
(c) To win Lovborg's love.
(d) To secure the professorship for Tesman.
5. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
(a) That they are free-spirited.
(b) That they have become stuck somewhere.
(c) That they are all dressed up.
(d) That they are living a wild lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
2. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
3. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
4. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
5. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)