|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
(a) It would have damaged her chances of marrying Tesman.
(b) She knew it was wrong.
(c) Because she loved Lovborg.
(d) She was a coward and afraid of scandal.
2. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
(a) He grows angry and embarrassed, and decides to leave with Tesman and Brack.
(b) He makes a toast with a glass of punch, to 'the truth'.
(c) He brushes it off and admonishes Hedda.
(d) He laughs at Mrs Elvsted.
3. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
(a) He talks about when he knew Hedda.
(b) He compliments Mrs Elvsted and praises the friendship he has with her.
(c) He talks about Tesman's research.
(d) He talks about nothing but his book.
4. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
(a) That Hedda is pregnant.
(b) That Rina is dying and he must hurry to her side.
(c) That Lovborg was arrested, and needs help.
(d) That the police know he has Lovborg's book, and he must go to the station at once.
5. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) She is jealous of her and the influence she has on Lovborg.
(b) She thinks Mrs. Elvsted is a scheming social climber.
(c) She feels Mrs. Elvsted is wrong to leave her husband.
(d) She feels a close affinity to Mrs. Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mrs. Elvsted's plans when she leaves the Tesman household in Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
3. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
4. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
5. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)