|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Elvsted liken Lovborg's manuscript to?
(a) Mrs Elvsted's and Lovborg's love.
(b) Lovborg's own life.
(c) A child.
(d) A great piece of art.
2. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
(a) Taking care of Lovborg.
(b) Still partying.
(c) Sleeping at Julle's.
(d) Gone to discuss the professorship.
3. When does Hedda do with Lovborg's manuscript when she hears the maid admit Lovborg into the house?
(a) Leaves it scattered on the floor.
(b) Hides it in a drawer.
(c) Tosses it in the fire.
(d) Lays it out on the table.
4. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
(b) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
(c) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
(d) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
5. What is the reason that Brack gives Hedda for telling her everything that happened to Lovborg the previous evening?
(a) To suggest that the Tesman house should not welcome Lovborg further.
(b) So that she can see how uncontrolled Lovborg is.
(c) So that she understands the importance of the manuscript.
(d) Because he knows how Lovborg feels about Hedda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman confess to feeling about Lovborg's book?
2. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
3. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
4. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
5. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)