|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following set of people truly acts in the others best interest to the best of their ability in the play HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Hedda and Brack.
(b) Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Hedda and Tesman.
(d) Tesman and Brack.
2. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
(a) That she was anxious about Lovborg's fortitude.
(b) That she had been a flame of Tesman's.
(c) That she was jealous of Hedda.
(d) That she had left her husband.
3. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
(a) He went to the police to report his missing manuscript.
(b) He went to an especially lively party at Miss Diana's.
(c) He returned home to sleep.
(d) He tried to return to take Mrs Elvsted home.
4. What is the relationship between Lovborg and Miss Diana?
(a) Lovborg owes Miss Diana money that she hopes to recover by the sale of his book.
(b) Miss Diana works at the police station and remembers him from before his reformation.
(c) Miss Diana is his cousin who has always helped him through hard times.
(d) They were former lovers.
5. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
(a) Punch and cakes.
(b) His book.
(c) A letter from Mrs Elvsted.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
2. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
3. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
4. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
5. What is Hedda thankful for, in her relationship with Brack?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)