|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
(a) Return it right away to Lovborg.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Take it to the publisher as his own work.
(d) Hide it until after the professorship is his.
2. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
(a) At Lovborg's right hand.
(b) Next to Mrs Elvsted where she can watch Lovborg.
(c) In the seat looking at both of them.
(d) In between Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
3. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
(b) She wants him to love her.
(c) She wants revenge.
(d) She wants to ruin him.
4. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
(a) Because she loved Lovborg.
(b) It would have damaged her chances of marrying Tesman.
(c) She was a coward and afraid of scandal.
(d) She knew it was wrong.
5. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
(a) He laughs at Mrs Elvsted.
(b) He grows angry and embarrassed, and decides to leave with Tesman and Brack.
(c) He brushes it off and admonishes Hedda.
(d) He makes a toast with a glass of punch, to 'the truth'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
2. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
3. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
4. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
5. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)