|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
(a) Write a letter to Lovborg.
(c) Pour herself a drink.
(d) Leaf through Lovborg's manuscript.
2. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
(a) It would have damaged her chances of marrying Tesman.
(b) Because she loved Lovborg.
(c) She was a coward and afraid of scandal.
(d) She knew it was wrong.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) Out of control and drunken.
(b) Strong and willful.
(c) Eloquent and learned.
(d) Desperate and scheming.
4. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
(a) The he will not be able to maintain a respectable lifestyle.
(b) That he is the best man for the professorship.
(c) That he is in love with Hedda.
(d) That it is pointless for him to write books.
5. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
(a) That the police know he has Lovborg's book, and he must go to the station at once.
(b) That Hedda is pregnant.
(c) That Lovborg was arrested, and needs help.
(d) That Rina is dying and he must hurry to her side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
2. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What is Hedda thankful for, in her relationship with Brack?
4. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
5. What does Tesman think of the book Lovborg read out loud at Brack's party?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)