|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
(a) To use it as a meeting place with Mrs Elvsted.
(b) To get leverage to win the professorship.
(c) To get close to Hedda.
(d) To have access to Tesman's work.
2. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
(a) He laughs at Mrs Elvsted.
(b) He makes a toast with a glass of punch, to 'the truth'.
(c) He grows angry and embarrassed, and decides to leave with Tesman and Brack.
(d) He brushes it off and admonishes Hedda.
3. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) Ruin her in society.
(b) Write to her husband.
(c) Seperate her from Lovborg.
(d) Burn her hair off.
4. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
(a) Someone needs to guard the manuscript.
(b) She says she needs to free herself from darkness and death.
(c) She needs to wait for Lovborg to arrive.
(d) She feels unwell.
5. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
(a) That he is the best man for the professorship.
(b) The he will not be able to maintain a respectable lifestyle.
(c) That he is in love with Hedda.
(d) That it is pointless for him to write books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
2. When does Hedda do with Lovborg's manuscript when she hears the maid admit Lovborg into the house?
3. What is the relationship between Lovborg and Miss Diana?
4. Where did Tesman get Lovborg's manuscript?
5. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)