|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Burning a child.
(b) Making an opportunity for Tesman.
(c) Destroying her past.
(d) Destroying Lovborg's future.
2. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
(a) Tesman leaves it in Hedda's care.
(b) It gets knocked off the table and the pages scatter.
(c) Tesman gives it to Brack to hold onto.
(d) Tesman takes it with him to return to it's rightful owner.
3. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
(a) Sleeping at Julle's.
(b) Still partying.
(c) Taking care of Lovborg.
(d) Gone to discuss the professorship.
4. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
(a) She wants to be like Mrs Elvsted.
(b) It is simply entertainment.
(c) She aspires to do more good than one person can.
(d) She feels very little power over her own life.
5. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
(a) That he sold it to repay drinking debts.
(b) That he lost it.
(c) That he plagiarized Tesman's work.
(d) That he always hated the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hedda thankful for, in her relationship with Brack?
2. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
3. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
4. What is the reason that Brack gives Hedda for telling her everything that happened to Lovborg the previous evening?
5. Which of the following best characterizes the dinner party at Brack's house?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)