|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
(a) Finish his book.
(b) Return at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(c) Stay sober.
(d) Speak to Brack about the professorship.
2. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Hide it until after the professorship is his.
(c) Take it to the publisher as his own work.
(d) Return it right away to Lovborg.
3. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
(a) She fires it in the air.
(b) She tries to hide it from Lovborg.
(c) She gives it to him as a 'keepsake'.
(d) She lays it on the table in the entry way.
4. What does Tesman think of the book Lovborg read out loud at Brack's party?
(a) He thinks it's one of the most remarkable books ever written.
(b) He thinks it's dull and simplistic.
(c) He thinks it is plagiarism of his own work.
(d) He thinks it is interesting but poorly written.
5. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
(a) He compliments Mrs Elvsted and praises the friendship he has with her.
(b) He talks about when he knew Hedda.
(c) He talks about Tesman's research.
(d) He talks about nothing but his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
2. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
3. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
4. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)