|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
(a) Hopeful and determined.
(b) Anxious and unhappy.
(c) Jubilant and victorious.
(d) Serene and confident.
2. What does Lovborg take with him to Brack's?
(a) Mrs Elvsted's glove.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A bottle of punch.
3. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
(c) Mrs Tesman.
(d) My love.
4. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
(a) He is afraid Lovborg might hurt someone.
(b) To convince Tesman to surrender the manuscript.
(c) He is afraid a scandal might ruin Tesman.
(d) Brack doesn't want Lovborg around Hedda.
5. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
(a) Brack is jealous of Tesman.
(b) Brack is looking after her for her father.
(c) Brack wants a more intimate relationship with Hedda.
(d) Brack is willing to do anything that Hedda asks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
2. What does Berte deliver for Tesman at a very early hour of the morning?
3. What is the usual manner for Brack's arrivals and departures?
4. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
5. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)