|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) Eloquent and learned.
(b) Out of control and drunken.
(c) Desperate and scheming.
(d) Strong and willful.
2. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
(a) To keep him from writing.
(b) To purge and cleanse him of his ways.
(c) To make him fall in love.
(d) To ruin his reputation.
3. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
(a) That Rina is dying and he must hurry to her side.
(b) That the police know he has Lovborg's book, and he must go to the station at once.
(c) That Lovborg was arrested, and needs help.
(d) That Hedda is pregnant.
4. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
(a) Cultural diversity.
(b) The evils of alcohol.
(c) Lovborg's qualifications for the professorship.
(d) The woman who inspired him.
5. What does Hedda suggest that Lovborg do beautifully?
(a) Write another book.
(b) Apologize to Mrs Elvsted.
(c) End it all.
(d) Go to the interview for the professorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
2. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
3. Which of the following best characterizes the dinner party at Brack's house?
4. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
5. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)