|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
(a) He compliments Mrs Elvsted and praises the friendship he has with her.
(b) He talks about when he knew Hedda.
(c) He talks about nothing but his book.
(d) He talks about Tesman's research.
2. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
(a) To influence a human fate.
(b) To secure the professorship for Tesman.
(c) To win Lovborg's love.
(d) To see Lovborg succumb to weakness.
3. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
(a) That he had changed greatly from the person she knew.
(b) That she admired his fortitude.
(c) That it makes him appear unsure of himself.
(d) That Mrs Elvsted had trained him well.
4. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) That she wanted to control him.
(b) That she was trying to prevent him from publishing his book.
(c) That she was working with her husband to watch out for him.
(d) That she was trying to credit for his reformation.
5. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) Information about the professorship.
(b) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
(c) Her love and sympathy.
(d) His manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes the dinner party at Brack's house?
2. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
3. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
4. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
5. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)