|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes the dinner party at Brack's house?
(a) Wild and uncontrolled.
(b) Dull and monotonous.
(c) Sophisticated and intellectual.
(d) Poorly attended and brief.
2. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) Her love and sympathy.
(c) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
(d) Information about the professorship.
3. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
(b) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
(c) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
(d) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
4. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
(a) She says she needs to free herself from darkness and death.
(b) She needs to wait for Lovborg to arrive.
(c) She feels unwell.
(d) Someone needs to guard the manuscript.
5. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
(a) She tries to hide it from Lovborg.
(b) She gives it to him as a 'keepsake'.
(c) She lays it on the table in the entry way.
(d) She fires it in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
2. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
3. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
4. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
5. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)