|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Lovborg's manuscript.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) Tesman's chances at the professorship.
2. Which of the following set of people truly acts in the others best interest to the best of their ability in the play HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
(b) Hedda and Brack.
(c) Tesman and Brack.
(d) Hedda and Tesman.
3. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
(a) He brushes it off and admonishes Hedda.
(b) He makes a toast with a glass of punch, to 'the truth'.
(c) He laughs at Mrs Elvsted.
(d) He grows angry and embarrassed, and decides to leave with Tesman and Brack.
4. What is Lovborg's plan for his future at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To end it all.
(b) To succumb to a life of debauchery and drunkeness.
(c) To get the professorship, and perhaps write again.
(d) To return to the Elvsted and regain control of his life.
5. What does Hedda suggest that Lovborg do beautifully?
(a) Write another book.
(b) Go to the interview for the professorship.
(c) End it all.
(d) Apologize to Mrs Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
2. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
3. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
4. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
5. Where did Tesman get Lovborg's manuscript?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)