|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) Information about the professorship.
(d) Her love and sympathy.
2. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
(a) She needs to wait for Lovborg to arrive.
(b) She feels unwell.
(c) She says she needs to free herself from darkness and death.
(d) Someone needs to guard the manuscript.
3. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
(a) That he sold it to pay his debts.
(b) That he tore it into bits and scattered it in the fjord.
(c) That Miss Diana has taken it and he can't get it back.
(d) That it is missing but the police are looking for it.
4. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
(a) Tesman gives it to Brack to hold onto.
(b) Tesman leaves it in Hedda's care.
(c) Tesman takes it with him to return to it's rightful owner.
(d) It gets knocked off the table and the pages scatter.
5. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Lovborg's manuscript.
(b) Her father's pistols.
(c) Tesman's chances at the professorship.
(d) Her reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
2. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
3. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
4. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
5. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)