|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mrs. Elvsted's plans when she leaves the Tesman household in Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) She is going to attempt to purchase the manuscript back from Miss Diana.
(b) She is going to look for the missing manuscript.
(c) She has no plans and nowhere to go.
(d) She is going to return to her husband.
2. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
(a) Hide it until after the professorship is his.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Return it right away to Lovborg.
(d) Take it to the publisher as his own work.
3. What is Mrs. Elvsted waiting for in HEDDA GABLER at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Lovborg to return from Brack's to take her home.
(b) For Hedda to let her leave.
(c) The arrival of her husband.
(d) News of Lovborg's book.
4. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
(b) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
(c) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
(d) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
5. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
(a) Tesman takes it with him to return to it's rightful owner.
(b) Tesman gives it to Brack to hold onto.
(c) It gets knocked off the table and the pages scatter.
(d) Tesman leaves it in Hedda's care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
2. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
3. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
4. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
5. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)