|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Berte deliver for Tesman at a very early hour of the morning?
(a) A letter from Julle.
(b) A package.
(c) A letter from Hedda's past.
(d) A manuscript.
2. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
(a) Pour herself a drink.
(b) Write a letter to Lovborg.
(d) Leaf through Lovborg's manuscript.
3. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
(a) He is afraid Lovborg might hurt someone.
(b) Brack doesn't want Lovborg around Hedda.
(c) He is afraid a scandal might ruin Tesman.
(d) To convince Tesman to surrender the manuscript.
4. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
(a) The evils of alcohol.
(b) The woman who inspired him.
(c) Cultural diversity.
(d) Lovborg's qualifications for the professorship.
5. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
(a) She lays it on the table in the entry way.
(b) She gives it to him as a 'keepsake'.
(c) She tries to hide it from Lovborg.
(d) She fires it in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
2. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
3. What is Hedda thankful for, in her relationship with Brack?
4. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
5. What is the relationship between Lovborg and Miss Diana?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)