|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
(a) To influence a human fate.
(b) To see Lovborg succumb to weakness.
(c) To win Lovborg's love.
(d) To secure the professorship for Tesman.
2. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) For Lovborg to be independent and in control of himself without Mrs Elvsted's influence.
(b) For society to recognize Lovborg's complete reformation.
(c) The end of Lovborg's career so that Tesman would get the professorship.
(d) For Lovborg to be recognized as a great scholar.
3. What does Berte deliver for Tesman at a very early hour of the morning?
(a) A letter from Hedda's past.
(b) A package.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) A letter from Julle.
4. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
(a) He lost control and needs her forgiveness.
(b) He has no more use for her and they must part.
(c) He tells her that he tried to return for her the previous night but was prevented.
(d) He tells her that he loves another woman.
5. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
(a) To purge and cleanse him of his ways.
(b) To make him fall in love.
(c) To keep him from writing.
(d) To ruin his reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
2. What is the relationship between Lovborg and Miss Diana?
3. What does Tesman confess to feeling about Lovborg's book?
4. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
5. When does Hedda do with Lovborg's manuscript when she hears the maid admit Lovborg into the house?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)