|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
(b) Warmly accept as a way to regain old ties.
(c) Agree to stay with Hedda when she asks him to.
(d) Cautiously agree to go.
2. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is about to have a child.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She is elderly and bedridden.
(d) She recently offended an important man.
3. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(b) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(c) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(d) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Merchant and importer.
(c) Tesman does not work.
(d) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(b) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(c) The importance of family in society.
(d) Cultural norms of the modern age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
2. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
3. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
4. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
5. What does Hedda tell Brack her reason's were for marrying Tesman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lovborg not accompany Mrs. Elvsted home as promised the day before?
2. What does Hedda give Lovborg as a keepsake as he leaves her house in Act 3?
3. What worry of Tesman's does Lovborg quickly alleviate?
4. When Brack adds his own account of the night of the party to Hedda, where does he reveal that Lovborg has gone that Tesman was unaware of?
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he sees her the morning after the party at Brack's?
6. In Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER, Hedda tells Lovborg that her not daring to shoot him when their previous friendship ended was an act of cowardice, for fear of a scandal, but that it was not her greatest act of cowardice that evening. What do you think she is alluding to as her greatest act of cowardice?
7. What do Julle and Tesman allude to when they talk about Hedda "filling out"? How does Hedda feel about it?
8. What brought Lovborg back to town?
9. In Act 4, what does Brack tell everyone at the Tesman household happened to Lovborg? What did he tell Hedda was the truth when he was alone with her?
10. The morning after the party at Brack's house, what is the situation like at the Tesman household?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)