|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(b) Applies for a professorship.
(c) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(d) Inherits a fortune.
2. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is elderly and bedridden.
(b) She is about to have a child.
(c) She recently offended an important man.
(d) She is missing.
3. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Reads a manuscript.
(c) Hugs Hedda.
(d) Opens a window.
4. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(b) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
(c) His pistols.
(d) Some money he's saved.
5. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A stag dinner.
(b) A literary gathering.
(c) A discussion of the professorship.
(d) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
2. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
3. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
4. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER, what do we learn about the hat incident of Act I that was not divulged to us at the time?
2. What reason does Hedda give Brack for her marrying Tesman?
3. When Julle and Tesman discuss Hedda, what do they usually focus on?
4. What do Tesman and Hedda discuss at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER that causes severe disappointment to Hedda?
5. An incident happened at Diana's that ended with the police being summoned. What was that incident?
6. Why does Lovborg not accompany Mrs. Elvsted home as promised the day before?
7. What is the only thing that Mrs. Elvsted knows about the woman from Lovborg's past?
8. In Act 4, what does Brack tell everyone at the Tesman household happened to Lovborg? What did he tell Hedda was the truth when he was alone with her?
9. What does Hedda tell Lovborg that other people may think if Lovborg continued to refuse to drink at all?
10. At the end of Act 3, what does Hedda say to Lovborg about vine leaves? Why?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)