|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(b) The importance of family in society.
(c) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(d) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
2. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Loveless and convenient.
(b) Abusive and horrible.
(c) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(d) Passionate and unwise.
3. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) Making a fortune.
(b) Spending time with his wife.
(c) Raising a family.
(d) His career.
4. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Confident and cheery.
(b) Nervous and desperate.
(c) Concerned and thoughtful.
(d) Excited and bubbly.
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She plans never to return.
(b) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(c) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(d) She will return to spend the winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
2. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
4. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
5. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Tesman find Lovborg's manuscript and why didn't he return it at once?
2. When Brack adds his own account of the night of the party to Hedda, where does he reveal that Lovborg has gone that Tesman was unaware of?
3. What does Hedda learn from Mrs.1Elvsted when they speak alone in Act I of Hedda Gabler that Mrs Elvsted had concealed from Tesman?
4. What is the only thing that Mrs. Elvsted knows about the woman from Lovborg's past?
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he sees her the morning after the party at Brack's?
6. In Act 1 of Hedda Gabler, Hedda and Tesman have just returned from a trip. Where were they, and what did they do?
7. Why does Lovborg not accompany Mrs. Elvsted home as promised the day before?
8. What is the main question of importance that Lovborg has for Hedda when they are talking in private?
9. What does Hedda give Lovborg as a keepsake as he leaves her house in Act 3?
10. How does Lovborg feel about Hedda being married to Tesman?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)