Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Abusive and horrible.
(b) Loveless and convenient.
(c) Passionate and unwise.
(d) Comfortable and satisfactory.
2. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
(a) They are already friends.
(b) They are both uncomfortable being alone with the other.
(c) They have been lovers.
(d) Hedda rejected Brack as a suitor.
3. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
(a) Cautiously agree to go.
(c) Warmly accept as a way to regain old ties.
(d) Agree to stay with Hedda when she asks him to.
4. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(b) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(c) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(d) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
5. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) An unexplained package.
(b) A hat.
(c) A suitcase of documents.
(d) His favorite slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
2. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
3. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
4. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
5. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tesman and Hedda discuss at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER that causes severe disappointment to Hedda?
2. The morning after the party at Brack's house, what is the situation like at the Tesman household?
3. What leverage does Brack acquire over Hedda?
4. What do Julle and Tesman allude to when they talk about Hedda "filling out"? How does Hedda feel about it?
5. What is the only thing that Mrs. Elvsted knows about the woman from Lovborg's past?
6. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind when she first enters the Tesman household? Why?
7. Describe the incident with the hat in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler.
8. What does Brack press Hedda to do regarding Lovborg in the first part of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER? Why?
9. What does Lovborg say the only option open to him now is? How does Hedda respond?
10. Why didn't Tesman tell anyone he had Lovborg's manuscript? What were his plans with it?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)