|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(b) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(c) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(d) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
2. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Making sense of confusing information.
(b) Collecting and arranging.
(c) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(d) Seeing the influence of small actions.
3. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Inherits a fortune.
(b) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(c) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(d) Applies for a professorship.
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(b) It was close to his work.
(c) It was the only one he could afford.
(d) It had many rooms for raising a family.
5. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Cool and formal.
(b) Appreciative and obliging.
(c) Loving and warm.
(d) Excited and enthusiastic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
2. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
5. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hedda tell Lovborg that finally does have an impact and he starts to drink? Why does it affect him so?
2. In Act 1 of Hedda Gabler, what does Hedda say about her piano? What does Tesman suggest in reply, and how is his suggestion received?
3. Why didn't Tesman tell anyone he had Lovborg's manuscript? What were his plans with it?
4. In Act 4, what does Brack tell everyone at the Tesman household happened to Lovborg? What did he tell Hedda was the truth when he was alone with her?
5. What does Brack press Hedda to do regarding Lovborg in the first part of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER? Why?
6. What does Lovborg say the only option open to him now is? How does Hedda respond?
7. How does Lovborg feel about Hedda being married to Tesman?
8. What is the main question of importance that Lovborg has for Hedda when they are talking in private?
9. Where did Tesman find Lovborg's manuscript and why didn't he return it at once?
10. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind when she first enters the Tesman household? Why?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)