|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg say about his recently published book?
(a) It is important to him that it sells well.
(b) He is excited it is a success.
(c) There is nothing much in it, that he wrote a book everyone would agree with.
(d) It is his great masterpiece.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Concern and honesty.
(b) Jealousy and disdain.
(c) Kindness and friendship.
(d) Respect and fear.
3. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) Making a fortune.
(b) Spending time with his wife.
(c) His career.
(d) Raising a family.
4. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(d) Visiting relative.
5. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
(a) Evidence of his reformed ways.
(b) That he is a better writer than Tesman.
(c) The manuscript to his next book.
(d) That he is a potential candidate for the professorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
2. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
3. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
4. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
5. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hedda learn from Mrs.1Elvsted when they speak alone in Act I of Hedda Gabler that Mrs Elvsted had concealed from Tesman?
2. At the end of Act 3, what does Hedda say to Lovborg about vine leaves? Why?
3. What leverage does Brack acquire over Hedda?
4. When Brack adds his own account of the night of the party to Hedda, where does he reveal that Lovborg has gone that Tesman was unaware of?
5. How does Lovborg feel about Hedda being married to Tesman?
6. What is the only thing that Mrs. Elvsted knows about the woman from Lovborg's past?
7. What do Julle and Tesman allude to when they talk about Hedda "filling out"? How does Hedda feel about it?
8. What does Hedda do to Brack when he approaches at the very beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
9. What reason does Hedda give Brack for her marrying Tesman?
10. What is the financial situation of the newly married couple?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)