|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Tesman and Berte.
(b) Julle and Tesman.
(c) Julle and Berte.
(d) Jorgen and Hedda.
2. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her manner of speaking.
(d) Her mannerisms.
3. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
(a) They missed their home terribly.
(b) They spent every moment together.
(c) It was long and difficult.
(d) Hedda had a very good time.
4. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To help him with his work.
(b) To show her affection towards him.
(c) To try and get out in society.
(d) To be less distant with Julle.
5. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Close friends.
(c) Nephew and aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
3. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
4. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
5. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hedda Gabler before she married Tesman? What was her life like?
2. At the end of Act 1, what is the one thing Hedda says she still has one thing to amuse herself with?
3. What does Hedda tell Lovborg that other people may think if Lovborg continued to refuse to drink at all?
4. Why didn't Tesman tell anyone he had Lovborg's manuscript? What were his plans with it?
5. What is the main question of importance that Lovborg has for Hedda when they are talking in private?
6. Tesman foresees many months of work to reconstruct the manuscript. How does he recommend they all arrange themselves while the work is going on?
7. How did Hedda enjoy her honeymoon with Tesman?
8. Where did Tesman find Lovborg's manuscript and why didn't he return it at once?
9. At the end of Act 3, what does Hedda say to Lovborg about vine leaves? Why?
10. What do Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted decide they must do for Lovborg, and what does Mrs. Elvsted have that makes this possible?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)