|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
(b) Summon Brack to the house.
(c) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
(d) Make arrangements for a celebration.
2. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
(a) Move to the country.
(b) Go into politics.
(c) Become more fashionable.
(d) Get his book published.
3. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Ejlert Lovborg.
(b) Mrs Elvsted.
4. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Send her to care for Rina.
(b) Dismiss her.
(c) Cut her hair off.
(d) Visit her every day.
5. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A pile of books for his research.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
(d) A new instrument for Hedda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
2. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
4. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
5. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lovborg leaves at the end of Act 3 what does Hedda do? What does she say while she does it?
2. What do Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted decide they must do for Lovborg, and what does Mrs. Elvsted have that makes this possible?
3. An incident happened at Diana's that ended with the police being summoned. What was that incident?
4. What does Tesman ask of Hedda shortly after Julle leaves in Act 1? What does Hedda reply?
5. What does Mrs. Elvsted liken the manuscript to?
6. What leverage does Brack acquire over Hedda?
7. What is the main question of importance that Lovborg has for Hedda when they are talking in private?
8. At the end of Act 3, what does Hedda say to Lovborg about vine leaves? Why?
9. What does Hedda mean at the end of Act 2 when she tells Mrs. Elvsted that at ten o'clock Lovborg will return "with vine leaves in his hair"?
10. What is the bad news that Brack divulges to Tesman that causes Tesman distress? Why does it cause Tesman distress?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)