|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(b) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
(c) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(d) They were inseperable best friends.
2. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Passionate and unwise.
(b) Loveless and convenient.
(c) Abusive and horrible.
(d) Comfortable and satisfactory.
3. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Excited and bubbly.
(b) Concerned and thoughtful.
(c) Nervous and desperate.
(d) Confident and cheery.
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(b) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(c) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
(d) During a long solitary vacation.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Afectionate and doting.
(b) Tolerant and accepting.
(c) Intimidated and reverent.
(d) Bossy and callous.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
2. What does Hedda tell Brack her reason's were for marrying Tesman?
3. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
5. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main question of importance that Lovborg has for Hedda when they are talking in private?
2. Who was Hedda Gabler before she married Tesman? What was her life like?
3. What is the financial situation of the newly married couple?
4. What is the one trait of Mrs. Elvsted's that Hedda remembers and characterizes her by?
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted he did with the manuscript? Why does he tell her this?
6. Hedda does two things in Act 1 that make Julle uneasy. What are they, and why did they make Julle uneasy?
7. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind when she first enters the Tesman household? Why?
8. Where was Lovborg and what was he doing when the gun went off and killed him?
9. In Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER, what do we learn about the hat incident of Act I that was not divulged to us at the time?
10. What does Brack press Hedda to do regarding Lovborg in the first part of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER? Why?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)