|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They were inseperable best friends.
(b) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(c) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(d) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
2. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(b) It was close to his work.
(c) It was the only one he could afford.
(d) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
3. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(b) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(c) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(d) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
4. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
(a) The manuscript to his next book.
(b) That he is a better writer than Tesman.
(c) That he is a potential candidate for the professorship.
(d) Evidence of his reformed ways.
5. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Professional and competent.
(b) Relaxed and lazy.
(c) Loving and kind.
(d) Particular and demanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
2. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
3. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
4. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
5. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tesman and Hedda discuss at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER that causes severe disappointment to Hedda?
2. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for her asking him all the details of his dissolute life when they knew each other previously?
3. Why does Lovborg not accompany Mrs. Elvsted home as promised the day before?
4. In Act 4, what does Brack tell everyone at the Tesman household happened to Lovborg? What did he tell Hedda was the truth when he was alone with her?
5. What does Tesman ask of Hedda shortly after Julle leaves in Act 1? What does Hedda reply?
6. Where did Tesman find Lovborg's manuscript and why didn't he return it at once?
7. In Act 1 of Hedda Gabler, what does Hedda say about her piano? What does Tesman suggest in reply, and how is his suggestion received?
8. Other than her dialogue, what are Hedda's two final actions in the play HEDDA GABLER?
9. What does Hedda tell Lovborg that finally does have an impact and he starts to drink? Why does it affect him so?
10. An incident happened at Diana's that ended with the police being summoned. What was that incident?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)