|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
(a) A look into a world that she is supposed to know nothing about.
(b) To make him forget everything but her.
(c) To reform him.
(d) To inspire him.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) Desperate and scheming.
(b) Out of control and drunken.
(c) Strong and willful.
(d) Eloquent and learned.
3. What is Hedda thankful for, in her relationship with Brack?
(a) That Brack lives so close by.
(b) That Tesman is not dependent on Brack.
(c) That Brack has no hold over her.
(d) That Brack is such a good friend with her best interests in mind.
4. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
5. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
(b) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
(c) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
(d) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
6. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
(a) That Rina is dying and he must hurry to her side.
(b) That the police know he has Lovborg's book, and he must go to the station at once.
(c) That Lovborg was arrested, and needs help.
(d) That Hedda is pregnant.
7. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
(a) To have access to Tesman's work.
(b) To get close to Hedda.
(c) To use it as a meeting place with Mrs Elvsted.
(d) To get leverage to win the professorship.
8. What does Hedda show Lovborg when they are first left alone together?
(a) Her father's pistols.
(b) Her husband's manuscript.
(c) Her house.
(d) A photo album of her honeymoon.
9. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
(a) That he sold it to repay drinking debts.
(b) That he always hated the book.
(c) That he lost it.
(d) That he plagiarized Tesman's work.
10. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
(a) A great understanding of interpersonal relationships.
(d) The courage to act.
11. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
(a) Still partying.
(b) Taking care of Lovborg.
(c) Sleeping at Julle's.
(d) Gone to discuss the professorship.
12. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
(a) Sad and mournful.
(b) Desperate and disheveled.
(c) Contrite and repentant.
(d) Elated and joyous.
13. What does Tesman confess to feeling about Lovborg's book?
14. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
(b) My love.
(c) Mrs Tesman.
15. Which of the following best characterizes the dinner party at Brack's house?
(a) Wild and uncontrolled.
(b) Sophisticated and intellectual.
(c) Dull and monotonous.
(d) Poorly attended and brief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
2. What future does Hedda see for Lovborg?
3. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
4. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
5. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)