|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
(a) Friendly and caring.
(b) Controlling and manipulative.
(c) Simple and naive.
(d) Cold and distant.
2. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
(a) Hopeful and determined.
(b) Anxious and unhappy.
(c) Jubilant and victorious.
(d) Serene and confident.
3. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
(a) Two, but only one is available because the other is at the Elvsted house.
(b) One that was divided into two pieces and seperated.
4. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
(a) He has no more use for her and they must part.
(b) He tells her that he tried to return for her the previous night but was prevented.
(c) He lost control and needs her forgiveness.
(d) He tells her that he loves another woman.
6. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
(a) Speak to Brack about the professorship.
(b) Finish his book.
(c) Return at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(d) Stay sober.
7. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
(b) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
(c) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
(d) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
8. What does Berte deliver for Tesman at a very early hour of the morning?
(a) A letter from Hedda's past.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter from Julle.
9. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
(a) He is afraid Lovborg might hurt someone.
(b) Brack doesn't want Lovborg around Hedda.
(c) To convince Tesman to surrender the manuscript.
(d) He is afraid a scandal might ruin Tesman.
10. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
(a) Lovborg wanted more money from her.
(b) Miss Diana demanded that he give her his book.
(c) Lovborg thought she took his manuscript.
(d) Miss Diana wanted him to stop drinking.
11. What is the usual manner for Brack's arrivals and departures?
(a) He arrives unannounced through the back door and garden.
(b) He lets himself in without using the bell so not to disturb anyone.
(c) The front door, as a formal guest.
(d) He comes and goes with Tesman.
12. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
(a) That he loved Hedda.
(b) The details of his dissolute lifestyle.
(c) That he wanted to write a great book in his life.
(d) That he wanted to kill himself.
13. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
(a) That she had left her husband.
(b) That she was jealous of Hedda.
(c) That she had been a flame of Tesman's.
(d) That she was anxious about Lovborg's fortitude.
14. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Lovborg's manuscript.
(c) Tesman's chances at the professorship.
(d) Her father's pistols.
15. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
(a) Mrs Tesman.
(b) My love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
2. What future does Hedda see for Lovborg?
3. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
4. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
5. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)