|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
(a) Return it right away to Lovborg.
(b) Take it to the publisher as his own work.
(c) Hide it until after the professorship is his.
(d) Burn it.
2. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) That she wanted to control him.
(b) That she was trying to credit for his reformation.
(c) That she was working with her husband to watch out for him.
(d) That she was trying to prevent him from publishing his book.
3. Which of the following set of people truly acts in the others best interest to the best of their ability in the play HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Hedda and Brack.
(b) Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Tesman and Brack.
(d) Hedda and Tesman.
4. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
(a) That he loved Hedda.
(b) That he wanted to kill himself.
(c) That he wanted to write a great book in his life.
(d) The details of his dissolute lifestyle.
5. What does Hedda suggest that Lovborg do beautifully?
(a) End it all.
(b) Write another book.
(c) Apologize to Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Go to the interview for the professorship.
6. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
(a) Tesman leaves it in Hedda's care.
(b) Tesman takes it with him to return to it's rightful owner.
(c) Tesman gives it to Brack to hold onto.
(d) It gets knocked off the table and the pages scatter.
7. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
(b) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
(c) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
(d) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
8. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) Desperate and scheming.
(b) Strong and willful.
(c) Eloquent and learned.
(d) Out of control and drunken.
9. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
(b) A great understanding of interpersonal relationships.
(d) The courage to act.
10. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
(a) Brack doesn't want Lovborg around Hedda.
(b) He is afraid a scandal might ruin Tesman.
(c) He is afraid Lovborg might hurt someone.
(d) To convince Tesman to surrender the manuscript.
11. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
(a) Miss Diana wanted him to stop drinking.
(b) Lovborg wanted more money from her.
(c) Lovborg thought she took his manuscript.
(d) Miss Diana demanded that he give her his book.
12. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
(a) Sad and mournful.
(b) Elated and joyous.
(c) Desperate and disheveled.
(d) Contrite and repentant.
13. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
(a) Controlling and manipulative.
(b) Cold and distant.
(c) Friendly and caring.
(d) Simple and naive.
14. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) Seperate her from Lovborg.
(b) Burn her hair off.
(c) Write to her husband.
(d) Ruin her in society.
15. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Her father's pistols.
(b) Tesman's chances at the professorship.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Lovborg's manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
2. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
3. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
4. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
5. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)