Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
(a) He went to the police to report his missing manuscript.
(b) He went to an especially lively party at Miss Diana's.
(c) He returned home to sleep.
(d) He tried to return to take Mrs Elvsted home.
2. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
(a) That he plagiarized Tesman's work.
(b) That he sold it to repay drinking debts.
(c) That he lost it.
(d) That he always hated the book.
3. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
(a) She needs to wait for Lovborg to arrive.
(b) Someone needs to guard the manuscript.
(c) She says she needs to free herself from darkness and death.
(d) She feels unwell.
4. What is the reason that Brack gives Hedda for telling her everything that happened to Lovborg the previous evening?
(a) To suggest that the Tesman house should not welcome Lovborg further.
(b) Because he knows how Lovborg feels about Hedda.
(c) So that she understands the importance of the manuscript.
(d) So that she can see how uncontrolled Lovborg is.
5. What does Berte deliver for Tesman at a very early hour of the morning?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A package.
(c) A letter from Julle.
(d) A letter from Hedda's past.
6. What does Hedda show Lovborg when they are first left alone together?
(a) A photo album of her honeymoon.
(b) Her husband's manuscript.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her father's pistols.
7. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
(a) Miss Diana demanded that he give her his book.
(b) Miss Diana wanted him to stop drinking.
(c) Lovborg wanted more money from her.
(d) Lovborg thought she took his manuscript.
8. What is Hedda doing when Tesman returns from Brack's party?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) Stoking the fire.
(c) Talking with Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Reading Lovborg's book.
9. Which of the following set of people truly acts in the others best interest to the best of their ability in the play HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Hedda and Tesman.
(b) Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Hedda and Brack.
(d) Tesman and Brack.
10. What does Tesman think of the book Lovborg read out loud at Brack's party?
(a) He thinks it is interesting but poorly written.
(b) He thinks it is plagiarism of his own work.
(c) He thinks it's dull and simplistic.
(d) He thinks it's one of the most remarkable books ever written.
11. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
(b) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
(c) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
(d) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
12. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Tesman's chances at the professorship.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) Lovborg's manuscript.
13. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
(a) Serene and confident.
(b) Anxious and unhappy.
(c) Hopeful and determined.
(d) Jubilant and victorious.
14. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) Her love and sympathy.
(b) Information about the professorship.
(c) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
(d) His manuscript.
15. What future does Hedda see for Lovborg?
(a) Global recognition of his genius.
(b) An act of courageous and beautiful self destruction.
(c) The coveted professorship.
(d) A future of revelry and irresponsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Lovborg and Miss Diana?
2. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
3. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
4. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
5. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)