|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
(a) Hedda only pretended she thought the hat belonged to the maid.
(b) That Hedda was jealous of the hat.
(c) That Julle is still offended.
(d) That Hedda is sorry she said anything.
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Appreciative and obliging.
(b) Loving and warm.
(c) Excited and enthusiastic.
(d) Cool and formal.
3. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(b) Tesman does not work.
(c) Merchant and importer.
4. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
(b) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(c) Summon Brack to the house.
(d) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
5. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Ejlert Lovborg.
(b) Mrs Elvsted.
6. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Hedda's piano.
(b) The pistols.
(c) The picture of Rina.
(d) The bouquet of flowers.
7. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
(a) That he is a potential candidate for the professorship.
(b) That he is a better writer than Tesman.
(c) The manuscript to his next book.
(d) Evidence of his reformed ways.
8. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A busy social life.
(b) A growing family.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) A charming home.
9. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) An unexplained package.
(b) A suitcase of documents.
(c) His favorite slippers.
(d) A hat.
10. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
(a) The sender remains anonymous.
(c) Ejlert Lovborg.
(d) Mrs Elvsted.
11. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Making sense of confusing information.
(b) Collecting and arranging.
(c) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(d) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
12. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Exciting and adventurous.
(b) Comfortable and supportive.
(c) Unimportant and temporary.
(d) A disappointment and boring.
13. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Demanding and restrictive.
(b) Beautiful and adored.
(c) Flighty and vacant.
(d) Rude and ungrateful.
14. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She recently offended an important man.
(c) She is about to have a child.
(d) She is elderly and bedridden.
15. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Expresses her pleasure at being alone with Brack.
(b) HideS Tesman's manuscript.
(c) ShootS at him with her pistol.
(d) Wishes Tesman were at home so she wouldn't have to be alone with Brack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
3. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
5. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)