|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Lovborg's manuscript.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) Tesman's chances at the professorship.
2. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She plans never to return.
(b) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(c) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(d) She will return to spend the winter.
3. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
(a) The talk of the town.
(b) Responsible and self controlled.
(c) Reckless and free.
(d) Flushed and fearless with vine leaves in his hair.
4. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Hugs Hedda.
(b) Reads a manuscript.
(c) Opens a window.
(d) Writes a letter.
5. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(b) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
(c) It is disputed by the academic community.
(d) It is ridiculed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
3. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
4. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
5. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)