|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
(a) Miss Diana demanded that he give her his book.
(b) Lovborg thought she took his manuscript.
(c) Lovborg wanted more money from her.
(d) Miss Diana wanted him to stop drinking.
2. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Visit her every day.
(b) Send her to care for Rina.
(c) Cut her hair off.
(d) Dismiss her.
3. When Mrs Elvsted arrives at the Tesman household in Act 4, what does she tell Hedda and Tesman?
(a) That she found part of the manuscript.
(b) That Lovborg and her have made up and he will write again.
(c) That she heard a rumor that Lovborg is in the hospital.
(d) That she is returning to her husband.
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(b) It was the only one he could afford.
(c) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(d) It was close to his work.
5. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
(a) Pour herself a drink.
(b) Leaf through Lovborg's manuscript.
(d) Write a letter to Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tesman offers to go make inquiries about Lovborg?
2. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
3. Why does Brack ask Hedda if she left Lovborg alone when he was at her house earlier in the day?
4. What does Hedda have to move to make space for Tesman and Mrs Elvsted to work?
5. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)