|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A pile of books for his research.
(b) A new instrument for Hedda.
(c) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
2. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
(a) Simple and naive.
(b) Friendly and caring.
(c) Controlling and manipulative.
(d) Cold and distant.
3. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
(b) Help him with his book.
(c) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
(d) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
4. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
(a) Two, but only one is available because the other is at the Elvsted house.
(c) One that was divided into two pieces and seperated.
5. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
(a) That she was jealous of Hedda.
(b) That she had been a flame of Tesman's.
(c) That she was anxious about Lovborg's fortitude.
(d) That she had left her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
2. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
4. How does Brack suddenly have power over Hedda?
5. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)