|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, where did the events concerning Lovborg occur?
(a) At Miss Diana's.
(b) On the street.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At Brack's.
2. What is the usual manner for Brack's arrivals and departures?
(a) He comes and goes with Tesman.
(b) He lets himself in without using the bell so not to disturb anyone.
(c) He arrives unannounced through the back door and garden.
(d) The front door, as a formal guest.
3. What does Hedda say about Lovborg's actions in Act 4?
(a) That he was cowardly.
(b) That it won't last.
(c) That it ruined Tesman forever.
(d) That it was an act of courageous free will.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) Desperate and scheming.
(b) Eloquent and learned.
(c) Strong and willful.
(d) Out of control and drunken.
5. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) Her love and sympathy.
(d) Information about the professorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
2. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
3. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
4. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
5. What does Hedda start to tell Tesman, and then send him to Julle for the information?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)