|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A letter from Mrs Elvsted.
(c) His book.
(d) Punch and cakes.
2. What is the reason that Brack gives Hedda for telling her everything that happened to Lovborg the previous evening?
(a) To suggest that the Tesman house should not welcome Lovborg further.
(b) So that she understands the importance of the manuscript.
(c) So that she can see how uncontrolled Lovborg is.
(d) Because he knows how Lovborg feels about Hedda.
3. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(b) Julle was ill.
(c) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
(d) Berte was was having a party next door.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) Eloquent and learned.
(b) Out of control and drunken.
(c) Strong and willful.
(d) Desperate and scheming.
5. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
(a) Sleeping at Julle's.
(b) Gone to discuss the professorship.
(c) Still partying.
(d) Taking care of Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
2. What does Lovborg say about his recently published book?
3. What does Hedda tell Tesman that she did for him?
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
5. When Brack arrives, what does he confirm?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)