|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A charming home.
(b) A growing family.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) A busy social life.
2. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(b) They were inseperable best friends.
(c) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
(d) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Particular and demanding.
(b) Professional and competent.
(c) Relaxed and lazy.
(d) Loving and kind.
4. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A flute.
(b) A harp.
(c) A piano.
(d) A violin.
5. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Peace from the world to be with her family.
(b) To be reunited with old friends.
(c) A child.
(d) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
2. What does Tesman confess to feeling about Lovborg's book?
3. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
4. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
5. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)