|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) Her love and sympathy.
(b) Information about the professorship.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
2. What does Tesman think of the book Lovborg read out loud at Brack's party?
(a) He thinks it's dull and simplistic.
(b) He thinks it's one of the most remarkable books ever written.
(c) He thinks it is interesting but poorly written.
(d) He thinks it is plagiarism of his own work.
3. What does Hedda have to move to make space for Tesman and Mrs Elvsted to work?
(a) Her sheet music.
(b) Her piano.
(c) Her sewing.
(d) Her flowers.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Afectionate and doting.
(b) Intimidated and reverent.
(c) Tolerant and accepting.
(d) Bossy and callous.
5. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is letting herself go.
(c) That she doesn't love her husband.
(d) That she lives a life of leisure.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs Elvsted arrives at the Tesman household in Act 4, what does she tell Hedda and Tesman?
2. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
3. What does Mrs Elvsted have that opens an opportunity?
4. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
5. When did Lovborg write his book?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)