|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(c) Rina owes Berte money.
(d) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
2. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Passionate and unwise.
(b) Abusive and horrible.
(c) Loveless and convenient.
(d) Comfortable and satisfactory.
3. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Nervous and desperate.
(b) Confident and cheery.
(c) Concerned and thoughtful.
(d) Excited and bubbly.
4. Which of the following set of people truly acts in the others best interest to the best of their ability in the play HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Hedda and Tesman.
(b) Hedda and Brack.
(c) Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Tesman and Brack.
5. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(b) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(c) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(d) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
2. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
3. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)