|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the piano symbolize throughout the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) Hedda's old free lifestyle before she married.
(b) Tesman's blindness to Hedda's needs.
(c) Hedda's love for Lovborg.
(d) Hedda's future prospects.
2. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
(a) That it makes him appear unsure of himself.
(b) That she admired his fortitude.
(c) That he had changed greatly from the person she knew.
(d) That Mrs Elvsted had trained him well.
3. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
(a) My love.
(b) Mrs Tesman.
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(b) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(c) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
(d) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
5. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
(a) That they are living a wild lifestyle.
(b) That they are all dressed up.
(c) That they are free-spirited.
(d) That they have become stuck somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
2. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
3. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
4. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
5. What does Brack tell Hedda actually happened to Lovborg?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)