|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
(a) She was very bored with only Tesman for company.
(b) She wishes she never had to return home.
(c) She liked the people she met abroad.
(d) She missed her wonderful home.
2. What does Hedda tell Tesman that she did for him?
(a) Burn Lovborg's manuscript because Tesman envied it.
(b) Write a letter to the police about Lovborg.
(c) Invite Brack to the house that afternoon.
(d) Send Lovborg away without money.
3. What does Hedda say about Lovborg's actions in Act 4?
(a) That it ruined Tesman forever.
(b) That it was an act of courageous free will.
(c) That he was cowardly.
(d) That it won't last.
4. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Destroying Lovborg's future.
(b) Burning a child.
(c) Destroying her past.
(d) Making an opportunity for Tesman.
5. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) She is jealous of her and the influence she has on Lovborg.
(b) She thinks Mrs. Elvsted is a scheming social climber.
(c) She feels Mrs. Elvsted is wrong to leave her husband.
(d) She feels a close affinity to Mrs. Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what is Hedda sure of about Lovborg without being told?
2. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
3. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
4. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
5. When does Hedda do with Lovborg's manuscript when she hears the maid admit Lovborg into the house?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)