|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(b) Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) Mrs Elvsted.
2. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
(a) Hedda had a very good time.
(b) It was long and difficult.
(c) They spent every moment together.
(d) They missed their home terribly.
3. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
(a) Looking after Julle while they were away.
(b) Coming so promptly after receiving his letter.
(c) Making the financial arrangements for the house.
(d) Always being a good friend to Hedda.
4. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Tesman and Berte.
(b) Jorgen and Hedda.
(c) Julle and Berte.
(d) Julle and Tesman.
5. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
(a) Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) The sender remains anonymous.
(d) Mrs Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
2. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
3. What does Mrs. Elvsted liken Lovborg's manuscript to?
4. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
5. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)