|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hedda's final act of courage and desperation in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) She shoots herself in the temple.
(b) She packs her bags and runs to Lovborg.
(c) She reveals to everyone that she has the manuscript.
(d) She announces that she is pregnant.
2. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
(a) Move to the country.
(b) Become more fashionable.
(c) Go into politics.
(d) Get his book published.
3. Why does Brack ask Hedda if she left Lovborg alone when he was at her house earlier in the day?
(a) He had Tesman's manuscript with him.
(b) He had some silver items Brack recognized from the Tesman house.
(c) He recognized Lovborg's gun as one of Hedda's pistols.
(d) He thinks Lovborg might have hidden his manuscript in the house.
4. What future does Hedda see for Lovborg?
(a) The coveted professorship.
(b) Global recognition of his genius.
(c) An act of courageous and beautiful self destruction.
(d) A future of revelry and irresponsibility.
5. What does Aunt Julle refer to when she says "Hedda's home should not be sad at such a time"?
(a) The stress Tesman in under regarding the professorship.
(b) The reuniting of old friends.
(c) Hedda's pregnancy.
(d) The worries regarding Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
2. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
3. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
4. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
5. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)