|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda start to tell Tesman, and then send him to Julle for the information?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That Lovborg was given the professorship.
(c) That she is in love with Lovborg.
(d) That Brack is not his friend.
2. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
(b) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(c) He was a distant relation.
(d) He tutored the children.
3. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
(a) Write a letter to Lovborg.
(c) Leaf through Lovborg's manuscript.
(d) Pour herself a drink.
4. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
(a) The scholarly to the chaotic.
(b) The useful to the superfluous.
(c) The truth to the fanciful.
(d) The mundane to the visionary.
5. What does Lovborg take with him to Brack's?
(a) A bottle of punch.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) Mrs Elvsted's glove.
(d) A pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
2. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
3. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
4. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
5. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)