|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(b) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(c) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(d) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
2. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
(a) That they have become stuck somewhere.
(b) That they are free-spirited.
(c) That they are all dressed up.
(d) That they are living a wild lifestyle.
3. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Write and publish a book of her own.
(b) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(d) Start formal divorce proceedings.
4. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
(a) Return at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(b) Speak to Brack about the professorship.
(c) Finish his book.
(d) Stay sober.
5. What is the usual manner for Brack's arrivals and departures?
(a) He comes and goes with Tesman.
(b) He lets himself in without using the bell so not to disturb anyone.
(c) He arrives unannounced through the back door and garden.
(d) The front door, as a formal guest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
2. What does Brack tell Hedda actually happened to Lovborg?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
4. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
5. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)