|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) She is jealous of her and the influence she has on Lovborg.
(b) She feels a close affinity to Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) She feels Mrs. Elvsted is wrong to leave her husband.
(d) She thinks Mrs. Elvsted is a scheming social climber.
2. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
(a) She has never loved him.
(b) She admires him greatly and will grow to love him.
(c) She adores him.
(d) She can't understand why she doesn't love him.
3. What does Hedda start to tell Tesman, and then send him to Julle for the information?
(a) That she is in love with Lovborg.
(b) That Lovborg was given the professorship.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That Brack is not his friend.
4. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
(a) To have access to Tesman's work.
(b) To use it as a meeting place with Mrs Elvsted.
(c) To get close to Hedda.
(d) To get leverage to win the professorship.
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
(a) He tells her that he tried to return for her the previous night but was prevented.
(b) He tells her that he loves another woman.
(c) He has no more use for her and they must part.
(d) He lost control and needs her forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
2. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
3. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
5. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)