|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
(b) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(c) Their honeymoon.
(d) Spending the summer in the country.
2. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She will return to spend the winter.
(b) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(c) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(d) She plans never to return.
3. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
(a) He went to an especially lively party at Miss Diana's.
(b) He tried to return to take Mrs Elvsted home.
(c) He went to the police to report his missing manuscript.
(d) He returned home to sleep.
4. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Working together on Lovborg's book.
(b) Hard times that brought them together.
(c) Long walks in the country.
(d) Similar personalities.
5. Where did Tesman get Lovborg's manuscript?
(a) He borrowed it to read.
(b) He stole it when Lovborg wasn't looking.
(c) Brack gave it to him for safe keeping.
(d) He found it on the side of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
2. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
3. When Brack arrives, what does he confirm?
4. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
5. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)