|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) HideS Tesman's manuscript.
(b) ShootS at him with her pistol.
(c) Expresses her pleasure at being alone with Brack.
(d) Wishes Tesman were at home so she wouldn't have to be alone with Brack.
2. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Similar personalities.
(b) Long walks in the country.
(c) Hard times that brought them together.
(d) Working together on Lovborg's book.
3. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
(a) Her manner of speaking.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her mannerisms.
4. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
(a) That he sold it to repay drinking debts.
(b) That he plagiarized Tesman's work.
(c) That he always hated the book.
(d) That he lost it.
5. What does the piano symbolize throughout the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) Hedda's old free lifestyle before she married.
(b) Hedda's future prospects.
(c) Hedda's love for Lovborg.
(d) Tesman's blindness to Hedda's needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
2. What does Hedda start to tell Tesman, and then send him to Julle for the information?
3. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
4. What future does Hedda see for Lovborg?
5. When did Lovborg write his book?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)