|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) She feels a close affinity to Mrs. Elvsted.
(b) She thinks Mrs. Elvsted is a scheming social climber.
(c) She feels Mrs. Elvsted is wrong to leave her husband.
(d) She is jealous of her and the influence she has on Lovborg.
2. What does Hedda suggest that Lovborg do beautifully?
(a) End it all.
(b) Go to the interview for the professorship.
(c) Write another book.
(d) Apologize to Mrs Elvsted.
3. What does Hedda start to tell Tesman, and then send him to Julle for the information?
(a) That Brack is not his friend.
(b) That she is in love with Lovborg.
(c) That Lovborg was given the professorship.
(d) That she is pregnant.
4. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
(b) To be reunited with old friends.
(c) Peace from the world to be with her family.
(d) A child.
5. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
(a) Taking care of Lovborg.
(b) Sleeping at Julle's.
(c) Gone to discuss the professorship.
(d) Still partying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
2. What does Aunt Julle refer to when she says "Hedda's home should not be sad at such a time"?
3. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
4. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)