|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
(a) Gives up his dissolute ways.
(b) Seperates her from her husband.
(c) Returns to town.
(d) Writes a book.
2. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
(a) He tried to return to take Mrs Elvsted home.
(b) He went to the police to report his missing manuscript.
(c) He went to an especially lively party at Miss Diana's.
(d) He returned home to sleep.
3. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(b) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(c) Because she has just left her husband.
(d) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
4. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
(b) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(c) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(d) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
5. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
(a) Brack doesn't want Lovborg around Hedda.
(b) To convince Tesman to surrender the manuscript.
(c) He is afraid Lovborg might hurt someone.
(d) He is afraid a scandal might ruin Tesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
2. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
4. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)