|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
(a) He talks about Tesman's research.
(b) He talks about nothing but his book.
(c) He talks about when he knew Hedda.
(d) He compliments Mrs Elvsted and praises the friendship he has with her.
2. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
(a) That they have become stuck somewhere.
(b) That they are free-spirited.
(c) That they are living a wild lifestyle.
(d) That they are all dressed up.
3. What is Hedda doing when Tesman returns from Brack's party?
(a) Reading Lovborg's book.
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Talking with Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Stoking the fire.
4. In Act 2, who are the two people expected to be visiting the Tesman home in the evening?
(a) Julle and Mrs Elvsted.
(b) Berte and Lovborg.
(c) Mrs Elvsted and Lovborg.
(d) Lovborg and Brack.
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(b) The importance of family in society.
(c) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(d) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
2. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. What does Tesman confess to feeling about Lovborg's book?
4. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
5. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)