|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
(a) Write a letter to Lovborg.
(b) Leaf through Lovborg's manuscript.
(c) Pour herself a drink.
2. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
(a) Still partying.
(b) Sleeping at Julle's.
(c) Taking care of Lovborg.
(d) Gone to discuss the professorship.
3. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
4. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
(a) Sad and mournful.
(b) Desperate and disheveled.
(c) Contrite and repentant.
(d) Elated and joyous.
5. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(b) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
(c) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
(d) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
2. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
3. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
4. What are Mrs. Elvsted's plans when she leaves the Tesman household in Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)