|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
(a) He does not care for the company of women.
(b) He wishes he had proposed to Hedda while she was available.
(c) He prefers to maintain 'friendships' with married ladies.
(d) He is still waiting for the right woman to come into his life.
2. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A charming home.
(b) A busy social life.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) A growing family.
3. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
(a) She fires it in the air.
(b) She tries to hide it from Lovborg.
(c) She gives it to him as a 'keepsake'.
(d) She lays it on the table in the entry way.
4. What does Lovborg say about his recently published book?
(a) It is his great masterpiece.
(b) He is excited it is a success.
(c) There is nothing much in it, that he wrote a book everyone would agree with.
(d) It is important to him that it sells well.
5. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(b) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(c) During a long solitary vacation.
(d) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
2. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
3. What is Lovborg's plan for his future at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What future does Hedda see for Lovborg?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)