|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
(a) That Miss Diana has taken it and he can't get it back.
(b) That he tore it into bits and scattered it in the fjord.
(c) That it is missing but the police are looking for it.
(d) That he sold it to pay his debts.
2. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
(a) Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) The sender remains anonymous.
(d) Mrs Elvsted.
3. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(b) Tesman does not work.
(d) Merchant and importer.
4. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
(b) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
(c) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
(d) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
5. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
(a) To get leverage to win the professorship.
(b) To use it as a meeting place with Mrs Elvsted.
(c) To get close to Hedda.
(d) To have access to Tesman's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
2. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
4. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
5. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)