|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
(a) That Lovborg was arrested, and needs help.
(b) That Rina is dying and he must hurry to her side.
(c) That Hedda is pregnant.
(d) That the police know he has Lovborg's book, and he must go to the station at once.
2. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(b) His pistols.
(c) Some money he's saved.
(d) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
3. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Wishes Tesman were at home so she wouldn't have to be alone with Brack.
(b) HideS Tesman's manuscript.
(c) Expresses her pleasure at being alone with Brack.
(d) ShootS at him with her pistol.
4. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
(b) The sender remains anonymous.
(c) Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Ejlert Lovborg.
5. When Hedda and Brack are discussing a trip in a compartment on a train, what are they really discussing?
(a) Getting away from society.
(b) The importance of having good friends close by.
(c) Fidelity in marriage.
(d) The unexpected in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
2. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
3. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
5. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)