|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
(b) A new instrument for Hedda.
(c) A pile of books for his research.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
2. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
(b) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
(c) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
(d) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
3. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
(a) She adores him.
(b) She can't understand why she doesn't love him.
(c) She has never loved him.
(d) She admires him greatly and will grow to love him.
4. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) Her love and sympathy.
(b) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) Information about the professorship.
5. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
(a) Hopeful and determined.
(b) Anxious and unhappy.
(c) Serene and confident.
(d) Jubilant and victorious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
2. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
3. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
4. What does Tesman think of the book Lovborg read out loud at Brack's party?
5. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)