|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
(a) He talks about nothing but his book.
(b) He talks about Tesman's research.
(c) He talks about when he knew Hedda.
(d) He compliments Mrs Elvsted and praises the friendship he has with her.
2. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(b) Making sense of confusing information.
(c) Collecting and arranging.
(d) Seeing the influence of small actions.
3. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Wishes Tesman were at home so she wouldn't have to be alone with Brack.
(b) HideS Tesman's manuscript.
(c) Expresses her pleasure at being alone with Brack.
(d) ShootS at him with her pistol.
4. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(b) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
(c) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(d) They were inseperable best friends.
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
(a) He lost control and needs her forgiveness.
(b) He tells her that he tried to return for her the previous night but was prevented.
(c) He tells her that he loves another woman.
(d) He has no more use for her and they must part.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
2. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
3. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
4. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
5. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)