|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
(a) Brack doesn't want Lovborg around Hedda.
(b) He is afraid a scandal might ruin Tesman.
(c) He is afraid Lovborg might hurt someone.
(d) To convince Tesman to surrender the manuscript.
2. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A busy social life.
(b) A growing family.
(c) A charming home.
(d) Her father's pistols.
3. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
(a) The woman who inspired him.
(b) Lovborg's qualifications for the professorship.
(c) Cultural diversity.
(d) The evils of alcohol.
4. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
(a) That it makes him appear unsure of himself.
(b) That Mrs Elvsted had trained him well.
(c) That she admired his fortitude.
(d) That he had changed greatly from the person she knew.
5. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
(a) To get close to Hedda.
(b) To have access to Tesman's work.
(c) To use it as a meeting place with Mrs Elvsted.
(d) To get leverage to win the professorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
2. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
3. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
4. When Hedda and Brack are discussing a trip in a compartment on a train, what are they really discussing?
5. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)