|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Expresses her pleasure at being alone with Brack.
(b) HideS Tesman's manuscript.
(c) Wishes Tesman were at home so she wouldn't have to be alone with Brack.
(d) ShootS at him with her pistol.
2. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Destroying her past.
(b) Burning a child.
(c) Destroying Lovborg's future.
(d) Making an opportunity for Tesman.
3. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
(a) He talks about Tesman's research.
(b) He compliments Mrs Elvsted and praises the friendship he has with her.
(c) He talks about when he knew Hedda.
(d) He talks about nothing but his book.
4. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
(a) To purge and cleanse him of his ways.
(b) To keep him from writing.
(c) To ruin his reputation.
(d) To make him fall in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
2. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
3. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
4. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
5. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)