|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
(a) Making the financial arrangements for the house.
(b) Coming so promptly after receiving his letter.
(c) Looking after Julle while they were away.
(d) Always being a good friend to Hedda.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Skeptical and cautious.
(b) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(c) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(d) Protective, worried, and adoring.
3. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
(a) Because she knew he wanted it.
(b) So she could be close to people she liked.
(c) Because it was the nicest one Tesman could afford.
(d) To fill an awkward silence in conversation.
4. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
(a) It is simply entertainment.
(b) She wants to be like Mrs Elvsted.
(c) She aspires to do more good than one person can.
(d) She feels very little power over her own life.
5. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To be reunited with old friends.
(b) A child.
(c) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
(d) Peace from the world to be with her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What is Hedda thankful for, in her relationship with Brack?
3. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
4. What does Tesman confess to feeling about Lovborg's book?
5. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)