|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(b) She will return to spend the winter.
(c) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(d) She plans never to return.
2. What is Hedda doing when Tesman returns from Brack's party?
(a) Stoking the fire.
(b) Talking with Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Reading Lovborg's book.
(d) Writing a letter.
3. Where did Tesman get Lovborg's manuscript?
(a) Brack gave it to him for safe keeping.
(b) He stole it when Lovborg wasn't looking.
(c) He found it on the side of the road.
(d) He borrowed it to read.
4. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
(a) He compliments Mrs Elvsted and praises the friendship he has with her.
(b) He talks about Tesman's research.
(c) He talks about when he knew Hedda.
(d) He talks about nothing but his book.
5. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
(a) She was very bored with only Tesman for company.
(b) She missed her wonderful home.
(c) She liked the people she met abroad.
(d) She wishes she never had to return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
2. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
3. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)