|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(b) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(c) Write and publish a book of her own.
(d) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
2. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
(b) She wants him to love her.
(c) She wants revenge.
(d) She wants to ruin him.
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Loving and kind.
(b) Particular and demanding.
(c) Professional and competent.
(d) Relaxed and lazy.
4. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
(a) To get leverage to win the professorship.
(b) To get close to Hedda.
(c) To have access to Tesman's work.
(d) To use it as a meeting place with Mrs Elvsted.
5. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
(a) Always being a good friend to Hedda.
(b) Coming so promptly after receiving his letter.
(c) Looking after Julle while they were away.
(d) Making the financial arrangements for the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
2. When does Hedda do with Lovborg's manuscript when she hears the maid admit Lovborg into the house?
3. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
4. What does Hedda show Lovborg when they are first left alone together?
5. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)