|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) She is very recently arrived.
(b) She moved to town some years ago.
(c) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
(d) She has always lived here.
2. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
(a) She feels very little power over her own life.
(b) She aspires to do more good than one person can.
(c) She wants to be like Mrs Elvsted.
(d) It is simply entertainment.
3. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) Information about the professorship.
(c) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
(d) Her love and sympathy.
4. What is the usual manner for Brack's arrivals and departures?
(a) The front door, as a formal guest.
(b) He comes and goes with Tesman.
(c) He arrives unannounced through the back door and garden.
(d) He lets himself in without using the bell so not to disturb anyone.
5. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(b) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(c) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(d) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
2. Where did Tesman get Lovborg's manuscript?
3. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
4. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
5. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)