|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Professional and competent.
(b) Relaxed and lazy.
(c) Loving and kind.
(d) Particular and demanding.
2. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
(a) The mundane to the visionary.
(b) The truth to the fanciful.
(c) The useful to the superfluous.
(d) The scholarly to the chaotic.
3. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(b) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(c) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(d) Because she has just left her husband.
4. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
(a) Lovborg wanted more money from her.
(b) Miss Diana wanted him to stop drinking.
(c) Miss Diana demanded that he give her his book.
(d) Lovborg thought she took his manuscript.
5. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) His favorite slippers.
(b) A suitcase of documents.
(c) An unexplained package.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
2. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
3. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
4. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)