|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
(a) Desperate and disheveled.
(b) Contrite and repentant.
(c) Elated and joyous.
(d) Sad and mournful.
2. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(b) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(c) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(d) No, the item belonged to Julle.
3. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
(a) Simple and naive.
(b) Friendly and caring.
(c) Controlling and manipulative.
(d) Cold and distant.
4. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
(a) He has no more use for her and they must part.
(b) He tells her that he loves another woman.
(c) He lost control and needs her forgiveness.
(d) He tells her that he tried to return for her the previous night but was prevented.
5. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(b) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(c) They were inseperable best friends.
(d) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
2. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
3. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
4. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
5. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)