|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
(a) Brack doesn't want Lovborg around Hedda.
(b) To convince Tesman to surrender the manuscript.
(c) He is afraid Lovborg might hurt someone.
(d) He is afraid a scandal might ruin Tesman.
2. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
(a) She adores him.
(b) She can't understand why she doesn't love him.
(c) She admires him greatly and will grow to love him.
(d) She has never loved him.
3. Where did Tesman get Lovborg's manuscript?
(a) He found it on the side of the road.
(b) He stole it when Lovborg wasn't looking.
(c) He borrowed it to read.
(d) Brack gave it to him for safe keeping.
4. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Her father's pistols.
(b) A growing family.
(c) A charming home.
(d) A busy social life.
5. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Angry and tense.
(b) Tired and overwhelmed.
(c) Resigned and content.
(d) Happy to be home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
2. What is the reason that Brack gives Hedda for telling her everything that happened to Lovborg the previous evening?
3. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
4. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
5. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)