|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted waiting for in HEDDA GABLER at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) News of Lovborg's book.
(b) The arrival of her husband.
(c) Lovborg to return from Brack's to take her home.
(d) For Hedda to let her leave.
2. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
(a) Brack wants a more intimate relationship with Hedda.
(b) Brack is willing to do anything that Hedda asks.
(c) Brack is jealous of Tesman.
(d) Brack is looking after her for her father.
3. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
(b) A pile of books for his research.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A new instrument for Hedda.
4. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
(a) She gives it to him as a 'keepsake'.
(b) She lays it on the table in the entry way.
(c) She fires it in the air.
(d) She tries to hide it from Lovborg.
5. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(b) Visiting relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
2. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
3. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
4. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
5. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)