|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
(a) Friendly and caring.
(b) Controlling and manipulative.
(c) Simple and naive.
(d) Cold and distant.
2. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
(a) To influence a human fate.
(b) To secure the professorship for Tesman.
(c) To see Lovborg succumb to weakness.
(d) To win Lovborg's love.
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Particular and demanding.
(b) Loving and kind.
(c) Professional and competent.
(d) Relaxed and lazy.
4. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
(a) He does not care for the company of women.
(b) He wishes he had proposed to Hedda while she was available.
(c) He prefers to maintain 'friendships' with married ladies.
(d) He is still waiting for the right woman to come into his life.
5. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was the only one he could afford.
(b) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(c) It was close to his work.
(d) It had many rooms for raising a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berte deliver for Tesman at a very early hour of the morning?
2. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
3. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
4. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
5. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)