|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted waiting for in HEDDA GABLER at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Lovborg to return from Brack's to take her home.
(b) For Hedda to let her leave.
(c) The arrival of her husband.
(d) News of Lovborg's book.
2. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Tired and overwhelmed.
(b) Happy to be home.
(c) Angry and tense.
(d) Resigned and content.
3. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Excited and enthusiastic.
(b) Loving and warm.
(c) Cool and formal.
(d) Appreciative and obliging.
4. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A new instrument for Hedda.
(b) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
(c) A pile of books for his research.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
5. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
(b) Help him with his book.
(c) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
(d) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman tell Hedda that Lovborg made a long rambling speech about at Brack's party?
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
3. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)