|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
(a) To ruin his reputation.
(b) To keep him from writing.
(c) To purge and cleanse him of his ways.
(d) To make him fall in love.
2. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
(a) Take it to the publisher as his own work.
(b) Return it right away to Lovborg.
(c) Hide it until after the professorship is his.
(d) Burn it.
3. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
(a) Hedda only pretended she thought the hat belonged to the maid.
(b) That Hedda is sorry she said anything.
(c) That Julle is still offended.
(d) That Hedda was jealous of the hat.
4. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was a school teacher.
(b) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(c) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
(d) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
5. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(d) Visiting relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman think of the book Lovborg read out loud at Brack's party?
2. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
3. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
5. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)