|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It is disputed by the academic community.
(b) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(c) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
(d) It is ridiculed.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Jealousy and disdain.
(b) Concern and honesty.
(c) Kindness and friendship.
(d) Respect and fear.
3. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
(b) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(c) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(d) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
4. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A charming home.
(b) Her father's pistols.
(c) A growing family.
(d) A busy social life.
5. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
(a) They are already friends.
(b) They have been lovers.
(c) They are both uncomfortable being alone with the other.
(d) Hedda rejected Brack as a suitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
2. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
3. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
4. What is the usual manner for Brack's arrivals and departures?
5. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)