|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She is elderly and bedridden.
(c) She recently offended an important man.
(d) She is about to have a child.
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Appreciative and obliging.
(b) Loving and warm.
(c) Cool and formal.
(d) Excited and enthusiastic.
3. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
(a) They have been lovers.
(b) They are both uncomfortable being alone with the other.
(c) Hedda rejected Brack as a suitor.
(d) They are already friends.
4. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
(a) Brack doesn't want Lovborg around Hedda.
(b) He is afraid Lovborg might hurt someone.
(c) He is afraid a scandal might ruin Tesman.
(d) To convince Tesman to surrender the manuscript.
5. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) She feels Mrs. Elvsted is wrong to leave her husband.
(b) She thinks Mrs. Elvsted is a scheming social climber.
(c) She feels a close affinity to Mrs. Elvsted.
(d) She is jealous of her and the influence she has on Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
2. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
3. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
4. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
5. When did Lovborg write his book?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)