|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
(a) Because it was the nicest one Tesman could afford.
(b) Because she knew he wanted it.
(c) So she could be close to people she liked.
(d) To fill an awkward silence in conversation.
2. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(c) Rina owes Berte money.
(d) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
3. What does Berte deliver for Tesman at a very early hour of the morning?
(a) A letter from Julle.
(b) A letter from Hedda's past.
(c) A package.
(d) A manuscript.
4. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(b) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(c) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(d) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
5. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A violin.
(b) A piano.
(c) A flute.
(d) A harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
2. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
3. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
4. Why are people concerned about Rina?
5. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)