|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Tesman and Berte.
(b) Jorgen and Hedda.
(c) Julle and Tesman.
(d) Julle and Berte.
2. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
(a) She was a coward and afraid of scandal.
(b) Because she loved Lovborg.
(c) She knew it was wrong.
(d) It would have damaged her chances of marrying Tesman.
3. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
(b) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
(c) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
(d) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Tesman does not work.
(b) Merchant and importer.
(d) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
5. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
(a) Gives up his dissolute ways.
(b) Writes a book.
(c) Seperates her from her husband.
(d) Returns to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
2. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
5. What does Hedda show Lovborg when they are first left alone together?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)