|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
(a) Still partying.
(b) Taking care of Lovborg.
(c) Gone to discuss the professorship.
(d) Sleeping at Julle's.
2. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
(a) She liked the people she met abroad.
(b) She missed her wonderful home.
(c) She wishes she never had to return home.
(d) She was very bored with only Tesman for company.
3. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Cool and formal.
(b) Loving and warm.
(c) Appreciative and obliging.
(d) Excited and enthusiastic.
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
(b) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(c) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(d) During a long solitary vacation.
5. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(b) Collecting and arranging.
(c) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(d) Making sense of confusing information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
2. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
3. What is Hedda thankful for, in her relationship with Brack?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)