|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
(a) Brack wants a more intimate relationship with Hedda.
(b) Brack is willing to do anything that Hedda asks.
(c) Brack is jealous of Tesman.
(d) Brack is looking after her for her father.
2. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was close to his work.
(b) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(c) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(d) It was the only one he could afford.
3. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
(a) Take it to the publisher as his own work.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Return it right away to Lovborg.
(d) Hide it until after the professorship is his.
4. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Write and publish a book of her own.
(b) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(d) Start formal divorce proceedings.
5. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
(a) Light conversation.
(b) To be a wife.
(c) To dance and be merry.
(d) To bore herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
2. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
4. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
5. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)