|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
(a) Coming so promptly after receiving his letter.
(b) Making the financial arrangements for the house.
(c) Looking after Julle while they were away.
(d) Always being a good friend to Hedda.
2. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
(b) Write a letter to Lovborg.
(c) Leaf through Lovborg's manuscript.
(d) Pour herself a drink.
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Particular and demanding.
(b) Relaxed and lazy.
(c) Loving and kind.
(d) Professional and competent.
4. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
(b) His Aunt Rina.
5. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) That she wanted to control him.
(b) That she was trying to credit for his reformation.
(c) That she was working with her husband to watch out for him.
(d) That she was trying to prevent him from publishing his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
2. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
3. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
4. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
5. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)