|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) Some money he's saved.
(b) His pistols.
(c) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
(d) A suitcase full of notes and research.
2. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
(a) That he loved Hedda.
(b) The details of his dissolute lifestyle.
(c) That he wanted to kill himself.
(d) That he wanted to write a great book in his life.
3. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
(a) To get close to Hedda.
(b) To have access to Tesman's work.
(c) To get leverage to win the professorship.
(d) To use it as a meeting place with Mrs Elvsted.
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(b) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
(c) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(d) During a long solitary vacation.
5. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
(a) Mrs Tesman.
(b) My love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
2. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
3. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
5. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)