|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) An open window.
(b) The difficulty with servants.
(c) Having nothing to do.
(d) How long it has been since they've met.
2. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
(b) Pour herself a drink.
(c) Leaf through Lovborg's manuscript.
(d) Write a letter to Lovborg.
3. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
(a) Flushed and fearless with vine leaves in his hair.
(b) The talk of the town.
(c) Reckless and free.
(d) Responsible and self controlled.
4. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Working together on Lovborg's book.
(b) Long walks in the country.
(c) Similar personalities.
(d) Hard times that brought them together.
5. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
(b) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(c) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(d) They were inseperable best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
2. When did Lovborg write his book?
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
4. When Hedda and Brack are discussing a trip in a compartment on a train, what are they really discussing?
5. Why are people concerned about Rina?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)