|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hedda and Brack are discussing a trip in a compartment on a train, what are they really discussing?
(a) Fidelity in marriage.
(b) Getting away from society.
(c) The unexpected in life.
(d) The importance of having good friends close by.
2. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) The picture of Rina.
(b) The pistols.
(c) The bouquet of flowers.
(d) Hedda's piano.
3. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(b) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(c) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(d) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
4. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
(a) She adores him.
(b) She admires him greatly and will grow to love him.
(c) She can't understand why she doesn't love him.
(d) She has never loved him.
5. Where did Tesman get Lovborg's manuscript?
(a) He borrowed it to read.
(b) He stole it when Lovborg wasn't looking.
(c) Brack gave it to him for safe keeping.
(d) He found it on the side of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
3. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
4. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
5. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)