|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Lovborg and Miss Diana?
(a) They were former lovers.
(b) Miss Diana is his cousin who has always helped him through hard times.
(c) Miss Diana works at the police station and remembers him from before his reformation.
(d) Lovborg owes Miss Diana money that she hopes to recover by the sale of his book.
2. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
(a) That she was jealous of Hedda.
(b) That she had been a flame of Tesman's.
(c) That she had left her husband.
(d) That she was anxious about Lovborg's fortitude.
3. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
(a) He talks about nothing but his book.
(b) He talks about Tesman's research.
(c) He talks about when he knew Hedda.
(d) He compliments Mrs Elvsted and praises the friendship he has with her.
4. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) She feels Mrs. Elvsted is wrong to leave her husband.
(b) She thinks Mrs. Elvsted is a scheming social climber.
(c) She is jealous of her and the influence she has on Lovborg.
(d) She feels a close affinity to Mrs. Elvsted.
5. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
(a) Tesman gives it to Brack to hold onto.
(b) Tesman takes it with him to return to it's rightful owner.
(c) It gets knocked off the table and the pages scatter.
(d) Tesman leaves it in Hedda's care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
2. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
3. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
4. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
5. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)