|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To be less distant with Julle.
(b) To show her affection towards him.
(c) To help him with his work.
(d) To try and get out in society.
2. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
(a) He is still waiting for the right woman to come into his life.
(b) He does not care for the company of women.
(c) He wishes he had proposed to Hedda while she was available.
(d) He prefers to maintain 'friendships' with married ladies.
3. When does Hedda do with Lovborg's manuscript when she hears the maid admit Lovborg into the house?
(a) Leaves it scattered on the floor.
(b) Lays it out on the table.
(c) Tosses it in the fire.
(d) Hides it in a drawer.
4. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
(a) Speak to Brack about the professorship.
(b) Finish his book.
(c) Stay sober.
(d) Return at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
5. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A dress.
(b) A hat.
(c) A book.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
3. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
4. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
5. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)