|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(b) Protective, worried, and adoring.
(c) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(d) Skeptical and cautious.
2. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
(b) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
(c) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
(d) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
3. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She will return to spend the winter.
(b) She plans never to return.
(c) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(d) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
4. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) ShootS at him with her pistol.
(b) Expresses her pleasure at being alone with Brack.
(c) Wishes Tesman were at home so she wouldn't have to be alone with Brack.
(d) HideS Tesman's manuscript.
5. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
(a) It would have damaged her chances of marrying Tesman.
(b) She knew it was wrong.
(c) She was a coward and afraid of scandal.
(d) Because she loved Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
2. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
3. What does Hedda tell Brack her reason's were for marrying Tesman?
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
5. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)