|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hedda and Brack are discussing a trip in a compartment on a train, what are they really discussing?
(a) The unexpected in life.
(b) Fidelity in marriage.
(c) The importance of having good friends close by.
(d) Getting away from society.
2. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(b) He was a distant relation.
(c) He tutored the children.
(d) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
3. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
(a) She can't understand why she doesn't love him.
(b) She has never loved him.
(c) She adores him.
(d) She admires him greatly and will grow to love him.
4. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(b) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(c) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
(d) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
5. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
(b) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
(c) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
(d) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hedda assume that Tesman is?
2. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
3. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
4. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
5. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)