|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
(b) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
(c) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
(d) To continue Lovborg's work.
2. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Long walks in the country.
(b) Similar personalities.
(c) Hard times that brought them together.
(d) Working together on Lovborg's book.
3. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
(b) A great understanding of interpersonal relationships.
(d) The courage to act.
4. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
(b) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
(c) Help him with his book.
(d) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
5. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) An unexplained package.
(b) A suitcase of documents.
(c) A hat.
(d) His favorite slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
4. What does Tesman confess to feeling about Lovborg's book?
5. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)