|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Confident and cheery.
(b) Nervous and desperate.
(c) Concerned and thoughtful.
(d) Excited and bubbly.
2. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To continue Lovborg's work.
(b) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
(c) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
(d) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
3. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A charming home.
(b) A busy social life.
(c) A growing family.
(d) Her father's pistols.
4. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(b) Berte was was having a party next door.
(c) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
(d) Julle was ill.
5. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Jorgen and Hedda.
(b) Julle and Tesman.
(c) Julle and Berte.
(d) Tesman and Berte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
2. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
4. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
5. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)