|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Berte was was having a party next door.
(b) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
(c) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(d) Julle was ill.
2. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
(a) Hedda rejected Brack as a suitor.
(b) They are both uncomfortable being alone with the other.
(c) They have been lovers.
(d) They are already friends.
3. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Hugs Hedda.
(b) Writes a letter.
(c) Reads a manuscript.
(d) Opens a window.
4. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
(a) Mrs Elvsted.
(b) Ejlert Lovborg.
(d) The sender remains anonymous.
5. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(c) Visiting relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
3. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
4. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
5. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)