|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(b) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(c) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(d) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
2. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
(a) He prefers to maintain 'friendships' with married ladies.
(b) He does not care for the company of women.
(c) He wishes he had proposed to Hedda while she was available.
(d) He is still waiting for the right woman to come into his life.
3. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Visit her every day.
(b) Send her to care for Rina.
(c) Cut her hair off.
(d) Dismiss her.
4. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) Having nothing to do.
(b) The difficulty with servants.
(c) An open window.
(d) How long it has been since they've met.
5. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she doesn't love her husband.
(b) That she is letting herself go.
(c) That she lives a life of leisure.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
2. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
3. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
4. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
5. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)