|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, who are the two people expected to be visiting the Tesman home in the evening?
(a) Mrs Elvsted and Lovborg.
(b) Berte and Lovborg.
(c) Julle and Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Lovborg and Brack.
2. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A dress.
(b) A hat.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A book.
3. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was a distant relation.
(b) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(c) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
(d) He tutored the children.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Intimidated and reverent.
(b) Afectionate and doting.
(c) Tolerant and accepting.
(d) Bossy and callous.
5. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(b) Write and publish a book of her own.
(c) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(d) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
2. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
3. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
4. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)