|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Exciting and adventurous.
(b) Comfortable and supportive.
(c) A disappointment and boring.
(d) Unimportant and temporary.
2. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(b) Applies for a professorship.
(c) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(d) Inherits a fortune.
3. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
(b) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(c) Spending the summer in the country.
(d) Their honeymoon.
4. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) Some money he's saved.
(b) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
(c) His pistols.
(d) A suitcase full of notes and research.
5. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
(a) So she could be close to people she liked.
(b) To fill an awkward silence in conversation.
(c) Because she knew he wanted it.
(d) Because it was the nicest one Tesman could afford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
2. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
4. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
5. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)