|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(b) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(c) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(d) Because she has just left her husband.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Protective, worried, and adoring.
(b) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(c) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(d) Skeptical and cautious.
3. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Similar personalities.
(b) Working together on Lovborg's book.
(c) Long walks in the country.
(d) Hard times that brought them together.
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
(b) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(c) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(d) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
5. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
(a) She adores him.
(b) She has never loved him.
(c) She can't understand why she doesn't love him.
(d) She admires him greatly and will grow to love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
2. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
3. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
4. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
5. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)