|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A piano.
(b) A flute.
(c) A violin.
(d) A harp.
2. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
(a) She liked the people she met abroad.
(b) She wishes she never had to return home.
(c) She was very bored with only Tesman for company.
(d) She missed her wonderful home.
3. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is elderly and bedridden.
(b) She is about to have a child.
(c) She recently offended an important man.
(d) She is missing.
4. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A busy social life.
(b) A charming home.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) A growing family.
5. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
(a) The scholarly to the chaotic.
(b) The useful to the superfluous.
(c) The mundane to the visionary.
(d) The truth to the fanciful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
3. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
4. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
5. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)