|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(b) Spending the summer in the country.
(c) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
(d) Their honeymoon.
2. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(b) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(c) It was close to his work.
(d) It was the only one he could afford.
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Tired and overwhelmed.
(b) Angry and tense.
(c) Happy to be home.
(d) Resigned and content.
4. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
(b) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
(c) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
(d) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
5. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(b) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(c) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(d) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
2. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
3. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
4. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
5. When did Lovborg write his book?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)