|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(b) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(c) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(d) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
2. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(b) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
(c) During a long solitary vacation.
(d) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
3. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
(a) Hedda rejected Brack as a suitor.
(b) They are already friends.
(c) They are both uncomfortable being alone with the other.
(d) They have been lovers.
4. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Tired and overwhelmed.
(b) Angry and tense.
(c) Resigned and content.
(d) Happy to be home.
5. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(b) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) Write and publish a book of her own.
(d) Start formal divorce proceedings.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
3. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
5. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)