|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Confident and cheery.
(b) Concerned and thoughtful.
(c) Excited and bubbly.
(d) Nervous and desperate.
2. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Applies for a professorship.
(b) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(c) Inherits a fortune.
(d) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
3. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(b) It was the only one he could afford.
(c) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(d) It was close to his work.
4. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Beautiful and adored.
(b) Flighty and vacant.
(c) Demanding and restrictive.
(d) Rude and ungrateful.
5. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(b) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
(c) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(d) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
2. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
3. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
4. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
5. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)