|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
(a) Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Ejlert Lovborg.
(d) The sender remains anonymous.
2. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
(a) They missed their home terribly.
(b) They spent every moment together.
(c) Hedda had a very good time.
(d) It was long and difficult.
3. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To help him with his work.
(b) To show her affection towards him.
(c) To try and get out in society.
(d) To be less distant with Julle.
4. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(b) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(c) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(d) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
5. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
(a) He does not care for the company of women.
(b) He prefers to maintain 'friendships' with married ladies.
(c) He is still waiting for the right woman to come into his life.
(d) He wishes he had proposed to Hedda while she was available.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
3. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
5. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)