|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Making sense of confusing information.
(b) Collecting and arranging.
(c) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(d) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
2. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
(a) The manuscript to his next book.
(b) That he is a better writer than Tesman.
(c) Evidence of his reformed ways.
(d) That he is a potential candidate for the professorship.
3. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(b) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(c) It was the only one he could afford.
(d) It was close to his work.
4. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Julle was ill.
(b) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
(c) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(d) Berte was was having a party next door.
5. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(b) Rina owes Berte money.
(c) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
2. In Act 2, who are the two people expected to be visiting the Tesman home in the evening?
3. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
4. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
5. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)