|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was a distant relation.
(b) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(c) He tutored the children.
(d) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
2. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Resigned and content.
(b) Happy to be home.
(c) Tired and overwhelmed.
(d) Angry and tense.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Kindness and friendship.
(b) Concern and honesty.
(c) Jealousy and disdain.
(d) Respect and fear.
4. What does Lovborg say about his recently published book?
(a) There is nothing much in it, that he wrote a book everyone would agree with.
(b) He is excited it is a success.
(c) It is his great masterpiece.
(d) It is important to him that it sells well.
5. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
(b) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
(c) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
(d) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
2. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
3. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)