|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) How long it has been since they've met.
(b) An open window.
(c) Having nothing to do.
(d) The difficulty with servants.
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Cool and formal.
(b) Excited and enthusiastic.
(c) Loving and warm.
(d) Appreciative and obliging.
3. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
(b) To continue Lovborg's work.
(c) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
(d) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
4. In Act 2, who are the two people expected to be visiting the Tesman home in the evening?
(a) Lovborg and Brack.
(b) Julle and Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Mrs Elvsted and Lovborg.
(d) Berte and Lovborg.
5. When Hedda and Brack are discussing a trip in a compartment on a train, what are they really discussing?
(a) The unexpected in life.
(b) Fidelity in marriage.
(c) Getting away from society.
(d) The importance of having good friends close by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
3. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
4. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
5. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)