|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
(b) He was a distant relation.
(c) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(d) He tutored the children.
2. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(b) Spending the summer in the country.
(c) Their honeymoon.
(d) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
3. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Rina owes Berte money.
(b) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(d) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
4. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A child.
(b) Peace from the world to be with her family.
(c) To be reunited with old friends.
(d) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
5. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) She is very recently arrived.
(b) She has always lived here.
(c) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
(d) She moved to town some years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
2. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
5. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)