|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(b) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(c) The importance of family in society.
(d) Cultural norms of the modern age.
2. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(b) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(c) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(d) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
3. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A literary gathering.
(b) A stag dinner.
(c) A discussion of the professorship.
(d) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
4. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Send her to care for Rina.
(b) Dismiss her.
(c) Cut her hair off.
(d) Visit her every day.
5. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(b) Write and publish a book of her own.
(c) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(d) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
2. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
3. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
4. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)