|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) His pistols.
(b) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
(c) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(d) Some money he's saved.
2. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Collecting and arranging.
(b) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(c) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(d) Making sense of confusing information.
3. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
(a) That Hedda is sorry she said anything.
(b) Hedda only pretended she thought the hat belonged to the maid.
(c) That Hedda was jealous of the hat.
(d) That Julle is still offended.
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(b) During a long solitary vacation.
(c) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(d) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
5. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(b) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(c) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(d) Because she has just left her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
2. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
4. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
5. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)