|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) She is very recently arrived.
(b) She moved to town some years ago.
(c) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
(d) She has always lived here.
2. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(b) Inherits a fortune.
(c) Applies for a professorship.
(d) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
3. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Excited and enthusiastic.
(b) Appreciative and obliging.
(c) Cool and formal.
(d) Loving and warm.
4. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
(a) The truth to the fanciful.
(b) The scholarly to the chaotic.
(c) The useful to the superfluous.
(d) The mundane to the visionary.
5. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A pile of books for his research.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A new instrument for Hedda.
(d) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
2. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
3. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
5. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)