|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Peace from the world to be with her family.
(b) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
(c) To be reunited with old friends.
(d) A child.
2. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(b) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(c) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(d) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
3. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
(a) The mundane to the visionary.
(b) The scholarly to the chaotic.
(c) The useful to the superfluous.
(d) The truth to the fanciful.
4. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Nephew and aunt.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Close friends.
5. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(b) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(c) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(d) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
3. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
4. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)