|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Protective, worried, and adoring.
(b) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(c) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(d) Skeptical and cautious.
2. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because she has just left her husband.
(b) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(c) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(d) Because her husband is unfaithful.
3. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
(a) Move to the country.
(b) Get his book published.
(c) Become more fashionable.
(d) Go into politics.
4. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
(a) To be a wife.
(b) To bore herself.
(c) Light conversation.
(d) To dance and be merry.
5. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
(b) He was a distant relation.
(c) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(d) He tutored the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
2. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
3. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
4. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)