|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) His career.
(b) Raising a family.
(c) Making a fortune.
(d) Spending time with his wife.
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she is letting herself go.
(b) That she lives a life of leisure.
(c) That she doesn't love her husband.
(d) That she is pregnant.
3. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(b) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(c) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(d) The importance of family in society.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Skeptical and cautious.
(b) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(c) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(d) Protective, worried, and adoring.
5. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(b) Applies for a professorship.
(c) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(d) Inherits a fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
2. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
3. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
5. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)