|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Exciting and adventurous.
(b) A disappointment and boring.
(c) Comfortable and supportive.
(d) Unimportant and temporary.
2. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A busy social life.
(b) A charming home.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) A growing family.
3. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
(a) They are both uncomfortable being alone with the other.
(b) Hedda rejected Brack as a suitor.
(c) They are already friends.
(d) They have been lovers.
4. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A hat.
(b) A dress.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A book.
5. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
(a) That Julle is still offended.
(b) That Hedda was jealous of the hat.
(c) That Hedda is sorry she said anything.
(d) Hedda only pretended she thought the hat belonged to the maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
2. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
3. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
4. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
5. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)