|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A pile of books for his research.
(b) A new instrument for Hedda.
(c) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
2. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(b) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(c) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(d) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
3. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) The difficulty with servants.
(b) Having nothing to do.
(c) An open window.
(d) How long it has been since they've met.
4. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Help him with his book.
(b) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
(c) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
(d) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
5. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To be less distant with Julle.
(b) To show her affection towards him.
(c) To help him with his work.
(d) To try and get out in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
2. What does Hedda dream of convincing Tesman to do?
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
4. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
5. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)