|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(b) During a long solitary vacation.
(c) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
(d) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
2. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(b) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(c) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(d) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
3. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
(a) Seperates her from her husband.
(b) Returns to town.
(c) Writes a book.
(d) Gives up his dissolute ways.
4. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Nervous and desperate.
(b) Excited and bubbly.
(c) Concerned and thoughtful.
(d) Confident and cheery.
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The importance of family in society.
(b) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(c) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(d) The role of religion in shaping the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
2. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
3. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
4. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
5. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)