|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(b) She plans never to return.
(c) She will return to spend the winter.
(d) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
2. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Tesman and Berte.
(b) Jorgen and Hedda.
(c) Julle and Berte.
(d) Julle and Tesman.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Bossy and callous.
(b) Intimidated and reverent.
(c) Afectionate and doting.
(d) Tolerant and accepting.
4. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(b) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(c) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(d) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
5. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Applies for a professorship.
(b) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(c) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(d) Inherits a fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
2. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
3. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
4. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
5. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)