|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
(b) She was a school teacher.
(c) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(d) She was the popular daughter of a general.
2. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To help him with his work.
(b) To try and get out in society.
(c) To be less distant with Julle.
(d) To show her affection towards him.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Exciting and adventurous.
(b) A disappointment and boring.
(c) Unimportant and temporary.
(d) Comfortable and supportive.
4. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Professional and competent.
(b) Particular and demanding.
(c) Loving and kind.
(d) Relaxed and lazy.
5. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Julle and Tesman.
(b) Tesman and Berte.
(c) Jorgen and Hedda.
(d) Julle and Berte.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
2. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
3. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
4. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
5. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)