|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(b) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(c) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(d) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
2. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Tesman and Berte.
(b) Jorgen and Hedda.
(c) Julle and Tesman.
(d) Julle and Berte.
3. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(b) It is disputed by the academic community.
(c) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
(d) It is ridiculed.
4. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Loveless and convenient.
(b) Abusive and horrible.
(c) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(d) Passionate and unwise.
5. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(b) Write and publish a book of her own.
(c) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(d) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
3. When did Lovborg write his book?
4. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
5. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)