|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Unimportant and temporary.
(b) A disappointment and boring.
(c) Exciting and adventurous.
(d) Comfortable and supportive.
2. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(b) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(c) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(d) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
3. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her mannerisms.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her manner of speaking.
4. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Loveless and convenient.
(b) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(c) Passionate and unwise.
(d) Abusive and horrible.
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(b) The importance of family in society.
(c) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(d) Cultural norms of the modern age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
2. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
4. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
5. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)