|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) An unexplained package.
(b) A hat.
(c) A suitcase of documents.
(d) His favorite slippers.
2. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(b) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(c) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(d) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
3. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(b) The importance of family in society.
(c) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(d) Cultural norms of the modern age.
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(b) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
(c) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(d) During a long solitary vacation.
5. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They were inseperable best friends.
(b) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
(c) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(d) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
2. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
3. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)