|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Demanding and restrictive.
(b) Flighty and vacant.
(c) Beautiful and adored.
(d) Rude and ungrateful.
2. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(b) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(c) Making sense of confusing information.
(d) Collecting and arranging.
3. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Applies for a professorship.
(b) Inherits a fortune.
(c) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(d) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
4. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To help him with his work.
(b) To be less distant with Julle.
(c) To show her affection towards him.
(d) To try and get out in society.
5. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A hat.
(c) A book.
(d) A dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
3. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
4. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
5. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)