|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she lives a life of leisure.
(c) That she is letting herself go.
(d) That she doesn't love her husband.
2. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) Spending time with his wife.
(b) Raising a family.
(c) His career.
(d) Making a fortune.
3. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(b) Abusive and horrible.
(c) Passionate and unwise.
(d) Loveless and convenient.
4. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Julle and Tesman.
(b) Jorgen and Hedda.
(c) Tesman and Berte.
(d) Julle and Berte.
5. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(b) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(c) She was a school teacher.
(d) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
3. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
4. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)