|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A discussion of the professorship.
(b) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
(c) A stag dinner.
(d) A literary gathering.
2. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(b) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(c) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(d) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
3. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was a school teacher.
(b) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(c) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
(d) She was the popular daughter of a general.
4. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To be reunited with old friends.
(b) Peace from the world to be with her family.
(c) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
(d) A child.
5. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) An open window.
(b) The difficulty with servants.
(c) How long it has been since they've met.
(d) Having nothing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
3. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
5. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)