|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(d) Visiting relative.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Afectionate and doting.
(b) Bossy and callous.
(c) Intimidated and reverent.
(d) Tolerant and accepting.
3. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(b) Rina owes Berte money.
(c) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(d) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
4. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Abusive and horrible.
(b) Loveless and convenient.
(c) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(d) Passionate and unwise.
5. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(b) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(c) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
(d) They were inseperable best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people concerned about Rina?
2. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
3. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
4. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
5. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)