|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
(b) She was a school teacher.
(c) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(d) She was the popular daughter of a general.
2. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She is elderly and bedridden.
(c) She recently offended an important man.
(d) She is about to have a child.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Unimportant and temporary.
(b) Exciting and adventurous.
(c) A disappointment and boring.
(d) Comfortable and supportive.
4. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(b) Write and publish a book of her own.
(c) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(d) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
5. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(b) During a long solitary vacation.
(c) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(d) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
2. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
4. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
5. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)