|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Respect and fear.
(b) Kindness and friendship.
(c) Concern and honesty.
(d) Jealousy and disdain.
2. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) During a long solitary vacation.
(b) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
(c) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(d) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
3. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
(a) The sender remains anonymous.
(c) Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Ejlert Lovborg.
4. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Write and publish a book of her own.
(b) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(d) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
5. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
(a) Making the financial arrangements for the house.
(b) Coming so promptly after receiving his letter.
(c) Always being a good friend to Hedda.
(d) Looking after Julle while they were away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
3. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
4. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
5. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)