|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
(b) She has always lived here.
(c) She is very recently arrived.
(d) She moved to town some years ago.
2. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Rina owes Berte money.
(b) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
(c) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
3. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Julle was ill.
(b) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(c) Berte was was having a party next door.
(d) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Jealousy and disdain.
(b) Kindness and friendship.
(c) Respect and fear.
(d) Concern and honesty.
5. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(b) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(c) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(d) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
2. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
3. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
4. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
5. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)