|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To help him with his work.
(b) To be less distant with Julle.
(c) To try and get out in society.
(d) To show her affection towards him.
2. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(b) They were inseperable best friends.
(c) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(d) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Unimportant and temporary.
(b) Comfortable and supportive.
(c) Exciting and adventurous.
(d) A disappointment and boring.
4. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(b) Write and publish a book of her own.
(c) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(d) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
5. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
(b) She has always lived here.
(c) She moved to town some years ago.
(d) She is very recently arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
4. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)