|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A violin.
(b) A harp.
(c) A flute.
(d) A piano.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Exciting and adventurous.
(b) Unimportant and temporary.
(c) A disappointment and boring.
(d) Comfortable and supportive.
3. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The importance of family in society.
(b) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(c) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(d) The role of religion in shaping the future.
4. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Nephew and aunt.
(b) Close friends.
(d) Brother and sister.
5. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(b) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(c) They were inseperable best friends.
(d) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
2. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
3. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
5. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)