|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Unimportant and temporary.
(b) Exciting and adventurous.
(c) Comfortable and supportive.
(d) A disappointment and boring.
2. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(b) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(c) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(d) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
3. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
(b) Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) The sender remains anonymous.
(d) Mrs Elvsted.
4. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
(c) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(d) Rina owes Berte money.
5. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Hugs Hedda.
(b) Writes a letter.
(c) Reads a manuscript.
(d) Opens a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
2. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
4. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
5. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)