|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To help him with his work.
(b) To show her affection towards him.
(c) To be less distant with Julle.
(d) To try and get out in society.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Concern and honesty.
(b) Respect and fear.
(c) Kindness and friendship.
(d) Jealousy and disdain.
3. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Julle and Berte.
(b) Jorgen and Hedda.
(c) Tesman and Berte.
(d) Julle and Tesman.
4. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) An unexplained package.
(b) His favorite slippers.
(c) A suitcase of documents.
(d) A hat.
5. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A discussion of the professorship.
(b) A stag dinner.
(c) A literary gathering.
(d) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
2. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
3. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
4. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)