|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(b) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(c) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(d) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
2. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
(b) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(c) They were inseperable best friends.
(d) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
3. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(b) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(c) Inherits a fortune.
(d) Applies for a professorship.
4. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
(b) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
(c) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
(d) To continue Lovborg's work.
5. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Write and publish a book of her own.
(b) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(d) Start formal divorce proceedings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
2. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
3. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
4. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
5. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)