|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Close friends.
(b) Brother and sister.
(d) Nephew and aunt.
2. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Applies for a professorship.
(b) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(c) Inherits a fortune.
(d) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
3. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she is letting herself go.
(b) That she doesn't love her husband.
(c) That she lives a life of leisure.
(d) That she is pregnant.
4. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) How long it has been since they've met.
(b) Having nothing to do.
(c) The difficulty with servants.
(d) An open window.
5. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(b) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(c) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(d) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
2. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
4. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
5. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)