|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(b) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(c) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(d) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
2. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Happy to be home.
(b) Angry and tense.
(c) Tired and overwhelmed.
(d) Resigned and content.
3. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A flute.
(b) A piano.
(c) A harp.
(d) A violin.
4. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because she has just left her husband.
(b) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(c) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(d) Because her husband is unfaithful.
5. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was close to his work.
(b) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(c) It was the only one he could afford.
(d) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
2. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. Why are people concerned about Rina?
4. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
5. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)