|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(b) Rina owes Berte money.
(d) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
2. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
(b) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
(c) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
(d) To continue Lovborg's work.
3. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(b) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(c) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
(d) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
5. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
(b) She moved to town some years ago.
(c) She has always lived here.
(d) She is very recently arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
3. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
4. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)