|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(b) Collecting and arranging.
(c) Making sense of confusing information.
(d) Seeing the influence of small actions.
2. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(d) Visiting relative.
3. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) A suitcase of documents.
(b) A hat.
(c) His favorite slippers.
(d) An unexplained package.
4. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) Having nothing to do.
(b) The difficulty with servants.
(c) An open window.
(d) How long it has been since they've met.
5. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(b) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(c) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(d) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
2. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
5. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)