|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(b) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(c) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(d) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
2. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) Some money he's saved.
(b) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
(c) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(d) His pistols.
3. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she doesn't love her husband.
(c) That she lives a life of leisure.
(d) That she is letting herself go.
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(b) Merchant and importer.
(c) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(d) Tesman does not work.
5. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A dress.
(c) A book.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
2. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
3. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)