|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She will return to spend the winter.
(b) She plans never to return.
(c) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(d) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Bossy and callous.
(b) Tolerant and accepting.
(c) Afectionate and doting.
(d) Intimidated and reverent.
3. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Demanding and restrictive.
(b) Rude and ungrateful.
(c) Flighty and vacant.
(d) Beautiful and adored.
4. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
(c) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(d) Rina owes Berte money.
5. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) An open window.
(b) Having nothing to do.
(c) How long it has been since they've met.
(d) The difficulty with servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
4. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)