|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(b) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(c) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(d) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
2. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(b) Some money he's saved.
(c) His pistols.
(d) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Relaxed and lazy.
(b) Particular and demanding.
(c) Loving and kind.
(d) Professional and competent.
4. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She will return to spend the winter.
(b) She plans never to return.
(c) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(d) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
5. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
(c) His Aunt Rina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
2. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
3. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
4. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
5. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)