|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(b) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(c) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(d) The importance of family in society.
2. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Hugs Hedda.
(c) Reads a manuscript.
(d) Opens a window.
3. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she lives a life of leisure.
(b) That she is letting herself go.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she doesn't love her husband.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Bossy and callous.
(b) Afectionate and doting.
(c) Intimidated and reverent.
(d) Tolerant and accepting.
5. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) Raising a family.
(b) His career.
(c) Making a fortune.
(d) Spending time with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
2. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
3. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
4. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
5. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)