|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Bossy and callous.
(b) Tolerant and accepting.
(c) Afectionate and doting.
(d) Intimidated and reverent.
2. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Berte was was having a party next door.
(b) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
(c) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(d) Julle was ill.
3. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Demanding and restrictive.
(b) Rude and ungrateful.
(c) Beautiful and adored.
(d) Flighty and vacant.
4. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(b) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(c) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(d) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
5. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Resigned and content.
(b) Happy to be home.
(c) Angry and tense.
(d) Tired and overwhelmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
2. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
3. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
5. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)