|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is about to have a child.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She recently offended an important man.
(d) She is elderly and bedridden.
2. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(a) Visiting relative.
3. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She plans never to return.
(b) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(c) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(d) She will return to spend the winter.
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(b) It was close to his work.
(c) It was the only one he could afford.
(d) It had many rooms for raising a family.
5. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(b) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(c) Collecting and arranging.
(d) Making sense of confusing information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
2. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
3. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
5. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)