|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Afectionate and doting.
(b) Bossy and callous.
(c) Tolerant and accepting.
(d) Intimidated and reverent.
2. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A violin.
(b) A flute.
(c) A harp.
(d) A piano.
3. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(b) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(c) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(d) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
4. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Resigned and content.
(b) Angry and tense.
(c) Tired and overwhelmed.
(d) Happy to be home.
5. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(b) Making sense of confusing information.
(c) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(d) Collecting and arranging.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people concerned about Rina?
2. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
3. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
4. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
5. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)