|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Dismiss her.
(b) Cut her hair off.
(c) Visit her every day.
(d) Send her to care for Rina.
2. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) Having nothing to do.
(b) How long it has been since they've met.
(c) An open window.
(d) The difficulty with servants.
3. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Rude and ungrateful.
(b) Beautiful and adored.
(c) Flighty and vacant.
(d) Demanding and restrictive.
4. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A hat.
(b) A dress.
(c) A book.
(d) A necklace.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Intimidated and reverent.
(b) Afectionate and doting.
(c) Tolerant and accepting.
(d) Bossy and callous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
2. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
3. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
4. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)