|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(b) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(c) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(d) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
2. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Send her to care for Rina.
(b) Cut her hair off.
(c) Dismiss her.
(d) Visit her every day.
3. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(b) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(c) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(d) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
4. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A book.
(b) A hat.
(c) A dress.
(d) A necklace.
5. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) How long it has been since they've met.
(b) Having nothing to do.
(c) An open window.
(d) The difficulty with servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
2. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
3. Why are people concerned about Rina?
4. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
5. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)