|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Visit her every day.
(b) Dismiss her.
(c) Send her to care for Rina.
(d) Cut her hair off.
2. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(d) Visiting relative.
3. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Spending the summer in the country.
(b) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
(c) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(d) Their honeymoon.
4. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(b) The importance of family in society.
(c) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(d) Cultural norms of the modern age.
5. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She is about to have a child.
(c) She is elderly and bedridden.
(d) She recently offended an important man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
2. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
4. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
5. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)