|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(b) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(c) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(d) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
2. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is about to have a child.
(b) She is elderly and bedridden.
(c) She is missing.
(d) She recently offended an important man.
3. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(b) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(c) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(d) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
4. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Nephew and aunt.
(b) Close friends.
(d) Brother and sister.
5. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
(b) Their honeymoon.
(c) Spending the summer in the country.
(d) The funeral of Hedda's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
2. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
3. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
4. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
5. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)