|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Jorgen and Hedda.
(b) Julle and Tesman.
(c) Julle and Berte.
(d) Tesman and Berte.
2. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Nephew and aunt.
(d) Close friends.
3. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) An unexplained package.
(b) His favorite slippers.
(c) A hat.
(d) A suitcase of documents.
4. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(b) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(c) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(d) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She plans never to return.
(b) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(c) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(d) She will return to spend the winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
3. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
4. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
5. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)