|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(b) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(c) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(d) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
2. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was the only one he could afford.
(b) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(c) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(d) It was close to his work.
3. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Opens a window.
(b) Reads a manuscript.
(c) Writes a letter.
(d) Hugs Hedda.
4. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She recently offended an important man.
(c) She is about to have a child.
(d) She is elderly and bedridden.
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(b) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(c) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(d) The importance of family in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
2. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
4. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
5. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)