|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(b) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(c) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(d) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
2. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Professional and competent.
(b) Particular and demanding.
(c) Loving and kind.
(d) Relaxed and lazy.
3. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Appreciative and obliging.
(b) Cool and formal.
(c) Loving and warm.
(d) Excited and enthusiastic.
4. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Jorgen and Hedda.
(b) Julle and Berte.
(c) Julle and Tesman.
(d) Tesman and Berte.
5. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
(b) His Aunt Rina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
4. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
5. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)