|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Tesman and Berte.
(b) Julle and Berte.
(c) Julle and Tesman.
(d) Jorgen and Hedda.
2. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
(d) His Aunt Rina.
3. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Beautiful and adored.
(b) Flighty and vacant.
(c) Demanding and restrictive.
(d) Rude and ungrateful.
4. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(b) Visiting relative.
5. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Visit her every day.
(b) Cut her hair off.
(c) Dismiss her.
(d) Send her to care for Rina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
2. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
3. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
4. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)