|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A piano.
(b) A violin.
(c) A harp.
(d) A flute.
2. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(b) The importance of family in society.
(c) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(d) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
3. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(b) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(c) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(d) No, the item belonged to Julle.
4. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
(b) Julle was ill.
(c) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(d) Berte was was having a party next door.
5. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A dress.
(b) A book.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
3. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
4. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
5. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)