|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(b) She will return to spend the winter.
(c) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(d) She plans never to return.
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she lives a life of leisure.
(b) That she is letting herself go.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she doesn't love her husband.
3. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
(b) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(c) She was a school teacher.
(d) She was the popular daughter of a general.
4. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Making sense of confusing information.
(b) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(c) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(d) Collecting and arranging.
5. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Spending the summer in the country.
(b) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(c) Their honeymoon.
(d) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
2. Why are people concerned about Rina?
3. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
4. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
5. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)