|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(b) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(c) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(d) No, the item belonged to Julle.
2. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Tired and overwhelmed.
(b) Resigned and content.
(c) Angry and tense.
(d) Happy to be home.
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Close friends.
(b) Nephew and aunt.
(d) Brother and sister.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Tolerant and accepting.
(b) Bossy and callous.
(c) Intimidated and reverent.
(d) Afectionate and doting.
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(b) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(c) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(d) The importance of family in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
2. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
3. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
4. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
5. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)