|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was close to his work.
(b) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(c) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(d) It was the only one he could afford.
2. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) A hat.
(b) An unexplained package.
(c) His favorite slippers.
(d) A suitcase of documents.
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Relaxed and lazy.
(b) Loving and kind.
(c) Professional and competent.
(d) Particular and demanding.
4. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(d) Visiting relative.
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The importance of family in society.
(b) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(c) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(d) The role of religion in shaping the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
3. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
4. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
5. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)