|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Relaxed and lazy.
(b) Professional and competent.
(c) Particular and demanding.
(d) Loving and kind.
2. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(b) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(c) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(d) No, the item belonged to Julle.
3. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(b) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(c) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(d) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
4. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Julle was ill.
(b) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
(c) Berte was was having a party next door.
(d) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
5. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Collecting and arranging.
(b) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(c) Making sense of confusing information.
(d) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
2. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
3. Why are people concerned about Rina?
4. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
5. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)