|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(b) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(c) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(d) No, the item belonged to Julle.
2. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(b) Spending the summer in the country.
(c) Their honeymoon.
(d) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
3. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(b) She plans never to return.
(c) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(d) She will return to spend the winter.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Bossy and callous.
(b) Tolerant and accepting.
(c) Afectionate and doting.
(d) Intimidated and reverent.
5. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) His favorite slippers.
(b) A suitcase of documents.
(c) A hat.
(d) An unexplained package.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
2. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
4. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
5. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)