|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) Spending time with his wife.
(b) Raising a family.
(c) Making a fortune.
(d) His career.
2. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Tesman does not work.
(c) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(d) Merchant and importer.
3. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) Some money he's saved.
(b) His pistols.
(c) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(d) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
4. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Julle and Tesman.
(b) Jorgen and Hedda.
(c) Julle and Berte.
(d) Tesman and Berte.
5. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she lives a life of leisure.
(b) That she doesn't love her husband.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is letting herself go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
2. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
4. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
5. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)