|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(b) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(c) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(d) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Excited and enthusiastic.
(b) Cool and formal.
(c) Loving and warm.
(d) Appreciative and obliging.
3. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(b) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(c) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
(d) She was a school teacher.
4. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Julle and Tesman.
(b) Julle and Berte.
(c) Jorgen and Hedda.
(d) Tesman and Berte.
5. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Hugs Hedda.
(c) Opens a window.
(d) Reads a manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
2. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
3. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
4. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
5. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)