|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Spending the summer in the country.
(b) Their honeymoon.
(c) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(d) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
2. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Happy to be home.
(b) Angry and tense.
(c) Resigned and content.
(d) Tired and overwhelmed.
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Close friends.
(d) Nephew and aunt.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Intimidated and reverent.
(b) Tolerant and accepting.
(c) Bossy and callous.
(d) Afectionate and doting.
5. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Rina owes Berte money.
(b) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
(d) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
2. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
3. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
4. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)