|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Appreciative and obliging.
(b) Loving and warm.
(c) Cool and formal.
(d) Excited and enthusiastic.
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she doesn't love her husband.
(b) That she is letting herself go.
(c) That she lives a life of leisure.
(d) That she is pregnant.
3. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A book.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A hat.
(d) A dress.
4. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(b) She was a school teacher.
(c) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(d) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
5. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(b) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(c) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(d) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
2. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
3. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
4. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)