|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Demanding and restrictive.
(b) Flighty and vacant.
(c) Rude and ungrateful.
(d) Beautiful and adored.
2. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) An open window.
(b) The difficulty with servants.
(c) How long it has been since they've met.
(d) Having nothing to do.
3. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
(b) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(c) His pistols.
(d) Some money he's saved.
4. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
(a) His Aunt Rina.
5. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she lives a life of leisure.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she doesn't love her husband.
(d) That she is letting herself go.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
2. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
3. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
5. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)