|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
(a) The he will not be able to maintain a respectable lifestyle.
(b) That he is the best man for the professorship.
(c) That he is in love with Hedda.
(d) That it is pointless for him to write books.
2. What does Lovborg take with him to Brack's?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) A bottle of punch.
(c) A pistol.
(d) Mrs Elvsted's glove.
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Nephew and aunt.
(c) Close friends.
(d) Brother and sister.
4. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
(a) That Julle is still offended.
(b) That Hedda is sorry she said anything.
(c) That Hedda was jealous of the hat.
(d) Hedda only pretended she thought the hat belonged to the maid.
5. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
(a) To bore herself.
(b) To dance and be merry.
(c) Light conversation.
(d) To be a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
2. What does Brack say when Hedda says that she can't stand the thought of being in his power?
3. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
4. What does Hedda do first when she retreats to the back room?
5. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)