|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the manuscript when Tesman leaves?
(a) Tesman takes it with him to return to it's rightful owner.
(b) Tesman gives it to Brack to hold onto.
(c) It gets knocked off the table and the pages scatter.
(d) Tesman leaves it in Hedda's care.
2. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
(a) Punch and cakes.
(b) A letter from Mrs Elvsted.
(c) His book.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Nephew and aunt.
(b) Brother and sister.
(d) Close friends.
4. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
(a) Brack is pleased and says he would have come earlier.
(b) Brack tells Hedda a secret.
(c) Brack apologizes for the intrusion and withdraws.
(d) Brack is uncomfortable and makes awkward conversation.
5. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
(a) She liked the people she met abroad.
(b) She missed her wonderful home.
(c) She wishes she never had to return home.
(d) She was very bored with only Tesman for company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
2. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
4. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
5. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)