|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) That she was working with her husband to watch out for him.
(b) That she was trying to credit for his reformation.
(c) That she wanted to control him.
(d) That she was trying to prevent him from publishing his book.
2. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
(a) So she could be close to people she liked.
(b) Because she knew he wanted it.
(c) Because it was the nicest one Tesman could afford.
(d) To fill an awkward silence in conversation.
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Close friends.
(b) Nephew and aunt.
(d) Brother and sister.
4. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
(b) A child.
(c) To be reunited with old friends.
(d) Peace from the world to be with her family.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Respect and fear.
(b) Jealousy and disdain.
(c) Kindness and friendship.
(d) Concern and honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
2. What is becoming clear about Brack's motives with Hedda?
3. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
4. When does Hedda do with Lovborg's manuscript when she hears the maid admit Lovborg into the house?
5. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)