|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
(a) They are already friends.
(b) They are both uncomfortable being alone with the other.
(c) They have been lovers.
(d) Hedda rejected Brack as a suitor.
2. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(b) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(c) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(d) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
3. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Close friends.
(c) Nephew and aunt.
4. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her manner of speaking.
(d) Her mannerisms.
5. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) She moved to town some years ago.
(b) She has always lived here.
(c) She is very recently arrived.
(d) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
2. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
3. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
4. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
5. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)