|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Their honeymoon.
(b) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
(c) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(d) Spending the summer in the country.
2. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(b) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
(c) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(d) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
3. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
(b) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
(c) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
(d) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
4. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(b) Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) Mrs Elvsted.
5. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
(a) Her mannerisms.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her manner of speaking.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
2. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
3. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
4. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)