|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
(a) To have access to Tesman's work.
(b) To use it as a meeting place with Mrs Elvsted.
(c) To get leverage to win the professorship.
(d) To get close to Hedda.
2. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It is disputed by the academic community.
(b) It is ridiculed.
(c) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
(d) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
3. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A dress.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A hat.
(d) A book.
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Merchant and importer.
(c) Tesman does not work.
(d) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
5. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
(a) Serene and confident.
(b) Anxious and unhappy.
(c) Jubilant and victorious.
(d) Hopeful and determined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
2. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
3. What are Mrs. Elvsted's plans when she leaves the Tesman household in Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
5. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)