|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Demanding and restrictive.
(b) Flighty and vacant.
(c) Beautiful and adored.
(d) Rude and ungrateful.
2. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
(a) She has no leaning toward such responsibilities.
(b) She looks forward to it to keep her occupied.
(c) She can't wait to hear children's voices in the house.
(d) She doesn't think she is capable of bearing children.
3. What is Lovborg's plan for his future at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To end it all.
(b) To return to the Elvsted and regain control of his life.
(c) To succumb to a life of debauchery and drunkeness.
(d) To get the professorship, and perhaps write again.
4. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
(b) Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Ejlert Lovborg.
(d) The sender remains anonymous.
5. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Send her to care for Rina.
(b) Visit her every day.
(c) Cut her hair off.
(d) Dismiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
2. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
3. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
5. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)