|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
(b) She wants revenge.
(c) She wants to ruin him.
(d) She wants him to love her.
2. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
(a) He tells her that he tried to return for her the previous night but was prevented.
(b) He has no more use for her and they must part.
(c) He tells her that he loves another woman.
(d) He lost control and needs her forgiveness.
3. Where did Lovborg go after he was at Brack's?
(a) He went to an especially lively party at Miss Diana's.
(b) He went to the police to report his missing manuscript.
(c) He returned home to sleep.
(d) He tried to return to take Mrs Elvsted home.
4. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Similar personalities.
(b) Working together on Lovborg's book.
(c) Hard times that brought them together.
(d) Long walks in the country.
5. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
(a) Her mannerisms.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her manner of speaking.
(d) Her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda understand is the real point of Brack's story?
2. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
3. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
4. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)