|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
(a) That he sold it to pay his debts.
(b) That it is missing but the police are looking for it.
(c) That Miss Diana has taken it and he can't get it back.
(d) That he tore it into bits and scattered it in the fjord.
2. When does Hedda do with Lovborg's manuscript when she hears the maid admit Lovborg into the house?
(a) Lays it out on the table.
(b) Tosses it in the fire.
(c) Hides it in a drawer.
(d) Leaves it scattered on the floor.
3. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(b) Loveless and convenient.
(c) Passionate and unwise.
(d) Abusive and horrible.
4. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) Burn her hair off.
(b) Ruin her in society.
(c) Write to her husband.
(d) Seperate her from Lovborg.
5. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(b) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(c) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(d) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berte deliver for Tesman at a very early hour of the morning?
2. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
3. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
4. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)