|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(b) They were inseperable best friends.
(c) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(d) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
2. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) Write to her husband.
(b) Seperate her from Lovborg.
(c) Burn her hair off.
(d) Ruin her in society.
3. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
(b) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
(c) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
(d) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
4. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
(a) That he is a potential candidate for the professorship.
(b) Evidence of his reformed ways.
(c) That he is a better writer than Tesman.
(d) The manuscript to his next book.
5. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
(a) Hopeful and determined.
(b) Anxious and unhappy.
(c) Serene and confident.
(d) Jubilant and victorious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
2. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
3. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
4. What does Mrs. Elvsted liken Lovborg's manuscript to?
5. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)