|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was the only one he could afford.
(b) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(c) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(d) It was close to his work.
2. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
(b) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
(c) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
(d) To continue Lovborg's work.
3. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Making an opportunity for Tesman.
(b) Destroying her past.
(c) Burning a child.
(d) Destroying Lovborg's future.
4. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
(a) She can't understand why she doesn't love him.
(b) She has never loved him.
(c) She admires him greatly and will grow to love him.
(d) She adores him.
5. Which of the following best characterizes the dinner party at Brack's house?
(a) Sophisticated and intellectual.
(b) Wild and uncontrolled.
(c) Dull and monotonous.
(d) Poorly attended and brief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lovborg's plan for his future at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
4. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
5. Why did Lovborg fight with Miss Diana?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)