|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was the only one he could afford.
(b) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(c) It was close to his work.
(d) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
2. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(b) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(c) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(d) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
3. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She will return to spend the winter.
(b) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(c) She plans never to return.
(d) She plans on returning every day to visit.
4. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(d) Visiting relative.
5. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A growing family.
(b) A charming home.
(c) A busy social life.
(d) Her father's pistols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
2. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
4. In Act 3, after Brack leaves, what does Hedda do?
5. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)