|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
(a) That he sold it to repay drinking debts.
(b) That he always hated the book.
(c) That he plagiarized Tesman's work.
(d) That he lost it.
2. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To be less distant with Julle.
(b) To try and get out in society.
(c) To help him with his work.
(d) To show her affection towards him.
3. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(b) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(c) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(d) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
4. What does Hedda tell Brack her reason's were for marrying Tesman?
(a) His was her only marriage proposal.
(b) She sees him as a great man that will go far.
(c) He was determined to support her and he was not ridiculous.
(d) She loves him despite his prospects.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) A disappointment and boring.
(b) Unimportant and temporary.
(c) Comfortable and supportive.
(d) Exciting and adventurous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
2. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. What does Hedda suggest that Lovborg do beautifully?
4. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
5. What does the letter from Julle tell Tesman?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)