|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She plans never to return.
(b) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(c) She will return to spend the winter.
(d) She plans on returning every day to visit.
2. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
(a) To purge and cleanse him of his ways.
(b) To make him fall in love.
(c) To keep him from writing.
(d) To ruin his reputation.
3. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
(b) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
(c) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
(d) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
4. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
(a) Hedda rejected Brack as a suitor.
(b) They have been lovers.
(c) They are both uncomfortable being alone with the other.
(d) They are already friends.
5. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Cut her hair off.
(b) Send her to care for Rina.
(c) Visit her every day.
(d) Dismiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted waiting for in HEDDA GABLER at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
3. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
4. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)