|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Write and publish a book of her own.
(b) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(c) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(d) Start formal divorce proceedings.
2. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) For Lovborg to be recognized as a great scholar.
(b) The end of Lovborg's career so that Tesman would get the professorship.
(c) For Lovborg to be independent and in control of himself without Mrs Elvsted's influence.
(d) For society to recognize Lovborg's complete reformation.
3. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(b) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(c) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
(d) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
4. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
(a) She does not feel welcome.
(b) Rina is getting worse.
(c) She is still ofended about the hat.
(d) She has another social engagement.
5. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Jorgen and Hedda.
(b) Tesman and Berte.
(c) Julle and Berte.
(d) Julle and Tesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda suggest that Lovborg do beautifully?
2. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
4. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
5. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)