|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
(a) That it makes him appear unsure of himself.
(b) That she admired his fortitude.
(c) That he had changed greatly from the person she knew.
(d) That Mrs Elvsted had trained him well.
2. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
(a) She knew it was wrong.
(b) She was a coward and afraid of scandal.
(c) It would have damaged her chances of marrying Tesman.
(d) Because she loved Lovborg.
3. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is elderly and bedridden.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She is about to have a child.
(d) She recently offended an important man.
4. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(b) Some money he's saved.
(c) His pistols.
(d) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
5. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Confident and cheery.
(b) Nervous and desperate.
(c) Concerned and thoughtful.
(d) Excited and bubbly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
2. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
3. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
4. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
5. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)