|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted waiting for in HEDDA GABLER at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The arrival of her husband.
(b) News of Lovborg's book.
(c) Lovborg to return from Brack's to take her home.
(d) For Hedda to let her leave.
2. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Collecting and arranging.
(b) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(c) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
(d) Making sense of confusing information.
3. Which of the following best characterizes the dinner party at Brack's house?
(a) Sophisticated and intellectual.
(b) Poorly attended and brief.
(c) Dull and monotonous.
(d) Wild and uncontrolled.
4. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(b) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(c) Rina owes Berte money.
(d) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
5. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To be reunited with old friends.
(b) Peace from the world to be with her family.
(c) A child.
(d) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
2. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
3. What is Hedda thankful for, in her relationship with Brack?
4. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
5. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)