|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describe Brack's character?
(a) Simple and naive.
(b) Controlling and manipulative.
(c) Friendly and caring.
(d) Cold and distant.
2. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
(b) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
(c) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
(d) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
3. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
(a) That she was anxious about Lovborg's fortitude.
(b) That she had left her husband.
(c) That she had been a flame of Tesman's.
(d) That she was jealous of Hedda.
4. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
(a) That he is a potential candidate for the professorship.
(b) Evidence of his reformed ways.
(c) That he is a better writer than Tesman.
(d) The manuscript to his next book.
5. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Loving and warm.
(b) Excited and enthusiastic.
(c) Appreciative and obliging.
(d) Cool and formal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
2. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
3. What does Tesman plan to do with the manuscript?
4. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
5. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)