|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Lovborg and Miss Diana?
(a) Miss Diana works at the police station and remembers him from before his reformation.
(b) Miss Diana is his cousin who has always helped him through hard times.
(c) Lovborg owes Miss Diana money that she hopes to recover by the sale of his book.
(d) They were former lovers.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Skeptical and cautious.
(b) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(c) Protective, worried, and adoring.
(d) Proud, sure, and boastful.
3. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Wishes Tesman were at home so she wouldn't have to be alone with Brack.
(b) HideS Tesman's manuscript.
(c) Expresses her pleasure at being alone with Brack.
(d) ShootS at him with her pistol.
4. What does Hedda destroy in the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Lovborg's manuscript.
(b) Her father's pistols.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Tesman's chances at the professorship.
5. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
(a) At Lovborg's right hand.
(b) In between Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Next to Mrs Elvsted where she can watch Lovborg.
(d) In the seat looking at both of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brack suggest is Lovborg's motive for visiting the Tesman household?
2. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
5. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)