|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda suggest that Lovborg do beautifully?
(a) Apologize to Mrs Elvsted.
(b) Write another book.
(c) End it all.
(d) Go to the interview for the professorship.
2. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It is ridiculed.
(b) It is disputed by the academic community.
(c) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
(d) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
3. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
(a) To be a wife.
(b) To bore herself.
(c) To dance and be merry.
(d) Light conversation.
4. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
(a) That it is pointless for him to write books.
(b) That he is in love with Hedda.
(c) The he will not be able to maintain a respectable lifestyle.
(d) That he is the best man for the professorship.
5. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
(a) The courage to act.
(d) A great understanding of interpersonal relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
2. When did Lovborg write his book?
3. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
4. What does Tesman confess to feeling about Lovborg's book?
5. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)