|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
(a) Berte is Rina's poor relative from the country.
(c) Rina owes Berte money.
(d) Berte nursed Rina for several years.
2. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
(b) Help him with his book.
(c) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
(d) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
3. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
(b) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(c) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(d) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
4. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Excited and enthusiastic.
(b) Loving and warm.
(c) Appreciative and obliging.
(d) Cool and formal.
5. Why are people concerned about Rina?
(a) She is about to have a child.
(b) She is missing.
(c) She recently offended an important man.
(d) She is elderly and bedridden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
2. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. When did Lovborg write his book?
4. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
5. What is Lovborg's plan for his future at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)