|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Summon Brack to the house.
(b) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(c) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
(d) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
2. What is Lovborg's plan for his future at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To return to the Elvsted and regain control of his life.
(b) To succumb to a life of debauchery and drunkeness.
(c) To end it all.
(d) To get the professorship, and perhaps write again.
3. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Julle and Tesman.
(b) Julle and Berte.
(c) Tesman and Berte.
(d) Jorgen and Hedda.
4. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) A suitcase of documents.
(b) His favorite slippers.
(c) A hat.
(d) An unexplained package.
5. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) She is very recently arrived.
(b) She moved to town some years ago.
(c) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
(d) She has always lived here.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
2. When did Lovborg write his book?
3. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
4. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
5. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)