|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) Spending time with his wife.
(b) Raising a family.
(c) His career.
(d) Making a fortune.
2. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) A hat.
(b) His favorite slippers.
(c) A suitcase of documents.
(d) An unexplained package.
3. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(b) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(c) It was close to his work.
(d) It was the only one he could afford.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Unimportant and temporary.
(b) Exciting and adventurous.
(c) A disappointment and boring.
(d) Comfortable and supportive.
5. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(b) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(c) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(d) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
2. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
3. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
5. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)