|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To continue Lovborg's work.
(b) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
(c) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
(d) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Appreciative and obliging.
(b) Cool and formal.
(c) Excited and enthusiastic.
(d) Loving and warm.
3. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It is disputed by the academic community.
(b) It is ridiculed.
(c) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(d) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
4. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Concerned and thoughtful.
(b) Nervous and desperate.
(c) Confident and cheery.
(d) Excited and bubbly.
5. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
(b) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(c) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(d) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
2. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
4. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
5. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)