|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Excited and bubbly.
(b) Confident and cheery.
(c) Concerned and thoughtful.
(d) Nervous and desperate.
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Excited and enthusiastic.
(b) Loving and warm.
(c) Appreciative and obliging.
(d) Cool and formal.
3. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
(b) She was a school teacher.
(c) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(d) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
4. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(b) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(c) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(d) Because she has just left her husband.
5. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
(a) Always being a good friend to Hedda.
(b) Making the financial arrangements for the house.
(c) Looking after Julle while they were away.
(d) Coming so promptly after receiving his letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
2. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
3. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
4. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)