|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(b) Mrs Elvsted.
(d) Ejlert Lovborg.
2. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A discussion of the professorship.
(b) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
(c) A stag dinner.
(d) A literary gathering.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Exciting and adventurous.
(b) A disappointment and boring.
(c) Comfortable and supportive.
(d) Unimportant and temporary.
4. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(b) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(c) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(d) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
5. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(d) Visiting relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
2. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
3. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
4. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
5. Why are people concerned about Rina?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)