|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Long walks in the country.
(b) Similar personalities.
(c) Working together on Lovborg's book.
(d) Hard times that brought them together.
2. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Jorgen and Hedda.
(b) Julle and Tesman.
(c) Julle and Berte.
(d) Tesman and Berte.
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(b) It was the only one he could afford.
(c) It was close to his work.
(d) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
5. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To show her affection towards him.
(b) To be less distant with Julle.
(c) To help him with his work.
(d) To try and get out in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
2. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
3. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
4. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
5. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)