|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was the only one he could afford.
(b) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
(c) It was close to his work.
(d) It had many rooms for raising a family.
2. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
(a) Seeing the influence of small actions.
(b) Collecting and arranging.
(c) Making sense of confusing information.
(d) Foreseeing the direction society will take.
3. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Close friends.
(b) Nephew and aunt.
(d) Brother and sister.
5. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Opens a window.
(b) Reads a manuscript.
(c) Hugs Hedda.
(d) Writes a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
2. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)