|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Respect and fear.
(b) Concern and honesty.
(c) Kindness and friendship.
(d) Jealousy and disdain.
2. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) No, the item belonged to Julle.
(b) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(c) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(d) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(b) Protective, worried, and adoring.
(c) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(d) Skeptical and cautious.
4. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
(a) Some money he's saved.
(b) A suitcase full of notes and research.
(c) Some personal letters he doesn't want Hedda to see.
(d) His pistols.
5. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
(a) Returns to town.
(b) Seperates her from her husband.
(c) Gives up his dissolute ways.
(d) Writes a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
2. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
3. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)