|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
(a) Looking after Julle while they were away.
(b) Making the financial arrangements for the house.
(c) Coming so promptly after receiving his letter.
(d) Always being a good friend to Hedda.
2. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(b) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(c) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(d) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
3. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(b) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(c) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(d) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
4. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Loving and warm.
(b) Excited and enthusiastic.
(c) Appreciative and obliging.
(d) Cool and formal.
5. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(c) Visiting relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
2. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
4. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
5. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)