|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) Making a fortune.
(b) His career.
(c) Spending time with his wife.
(d) Raising a family.
2. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(b) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(c) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(d) Because she has just left her husband.
3. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
(a) Seperates her from her husband.
(b) Gives up his dissolute ways.
(c) Writes a book.
(d) Returns to town.
4. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It is disputed by the academic community.
(b) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(c) It is ridiculed.
(d) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
5. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A charming home.
(b) A growing family.
(c) A busy social life.
(d) Her father's pistols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
3. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
5. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)