|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) How long it has been since they've met.
(b) An open window.
(c) The difficulty with servants.
(d) Having nothing to do.
2. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To help him with his work.
(b) To try and get out in society.
(c) To be less distant with Julle.
(d) To show her affection towards him.
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
(a) Happy to be home.
(b) Tired and overwhelmed.
(c) Resigned and content.
(d) Angry and tense.
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(b) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(c) Merchant and importer.
(d) Tesman does not work.
5. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Nervous and desperate.
(b) Concerned and thoughtful.
(c) Confident and cheery.
(d) Excited and bubbly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
3. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
4. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)