|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) How long it has been since they've met.
(b) An open window.
(c) Having nothing to do.
(d) The difficulty with servants.
2. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
(b) It is ridiculed.
(c) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(d) It is disputed by the academic community.
3. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(b) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(c) The importance of family in society.
(d) Cultural norms of the modern age.
4. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) Making a fortune.
(b) Raising a family.
(c) His career.
(d) Spending time with his wife.
5. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
(b) Spending the summer in the country.
(c) Their honeymoon.
(d) The funeral of Hedda's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
2. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
4. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)