|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A growing family.
(b) A charming home.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) A busy social life.
2. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A piano.
(b) A flute.
(c) A violin.
(d) A harp.
3. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(b) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(c) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(d) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(b) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
(c) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(d) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
5. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) His favorite slippers.
(b) An unexplained package.
(c) A hat.
(d) A suitcase of documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
2. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
3. What do Julle and Tesman discuss as a strong ability of Tesman's?
4. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)