|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A hat.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A dress.
(d) A book.
2. Does Berte leave her belongings lying around?
(a) Yes, and they dismissed her for it.
(b) Yes, they were always returning things to her.
(c) No, Hedda had left it and forgotten about it.
(d) No, the item belonged to Julle.
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Relaxed and lazy.
(b) Loving and kind.
(c) Professional and competent.
(d) Particular and demanding.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Bossy and callous.
(b) Intimidated and reverent.
(c) Afectionate and doting.
(d) Tolerant and accepting.
5. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(b) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(c) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(d) Write and publish a book of her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
2. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
4. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
5. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)