|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(c) Merchant and importer.
(d) Tesman does not work.
2. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
(a) Seperates her from her husband.
(b) Writes a book.
(c) Returns to town.
(d) Gives up his dissolute ways.
3. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(b) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(c) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(d) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
4. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(b) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(c) Write and publish a book of her own.
(d) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
5. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) She is very recently arrived.
(b) She moved to town some years ago.
(c) She has always lived here.
(d) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
2. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
3. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)