|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Exciting and adventurous.
(b) A disappointment and boring.
(c) Comfortable and supportive.
(d) Unimportant and temporary.
2. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(b) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(c) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
(d) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
3. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was close to his work.
(b) It was the only one he could afford.
(c) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(d) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
4. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
(a) Gives up his dissolute ways.
(b) Seperates her from her husband.
(c) Returns to town.
(d) Writes a book.
5. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Jorgen and Hedda.
(b) Julle and Tesman.
(c) Julle and Berte.
(d) Tesman and Berte.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people concerned about Rina?
2. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
4. What does Tesman ask Berte to put away for him?
5. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)