|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Concern and honesty.
(b) Respect and fear.
(c) Kindness and friendship.
(d) Jealousy and disdain.
2. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(b) Inherits a fortune.
(c) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(d) Applies for a professorship.
3. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A piano.
(b) A flute.
(c) A harp.
(d) A violin.
4. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she doesn't love her husband.
(b) That she lives a life of leisure.
(c) That she is letting herself go.
(d) That she is pregnant.
5. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Rude and ungrateful.
(b) Demanding and restrictive.
(c) Beautiful and adored.
(d) Flighty and vacant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
3. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
4. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
5. When did Lovborg write his book?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)