|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Writes a letter.
(b) Hugs Hedda.
(c) Reads a manuscript.
(d) Opens a window.
2. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her manner of speaking.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her mannerisms.
3. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(b) Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) Mrs Elvsted.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Jealousy and disdain.
(b) Respect and fear.
(c) Concern and honesty.
(d) Kindness and friendship.
5. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(b) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(c) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(d) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
3. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
4. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
5. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)