|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A harp.
(b) A violin.
(c) A piano.
(d) A flute.
2. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(b) She was a school teacher.
(c) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(d) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
3. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A discussion of the professorship.
(b) A literary gathering.
(c) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
(d) A stag dinner.
4. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Relaxed and lazy.
(b) Professional and competent.
(c) Loving and kind.
(d) Particular and demanding.
5. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(b) He was a distant relation.
(c) He tutored the children.
(d) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people concerned about Rina?
2. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
3. When did Lovborg write his book?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
5. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)