|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He tutored the children.
(b) He was a distant relation.
(c) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(d) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
(a) Tolerant and accepting.
(b) Intimidated and reverent.
(c) Bossy and callous.
(d) Afectionate and doting.
3. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was a school teacher.
(b) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
(c) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(d) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(b) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
(c) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(d) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
5. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
(a) Loving and warm.
(b) Excited and enthusiastic.
(c) Cool and formal.
(d) Appreciative and obliging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
2. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
5. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)