|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Berte was was having a party next door.
(b) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(c) Julle was ill.
(d) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
2. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(b) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(c) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(d) Because she has just left her husband.
4. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(b) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(c) Tesman does not work.
(d) Merchant and importer.
5. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(b) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
(c) Summon Brack to the house.
(d) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
2. What is the relationship between Berte and Rina?
3. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
4. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
5. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)