|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(b) Because she has just left her husband.
(c) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(d) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
2. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(b) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
(c) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(d) The importance of family in society.
3. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It is ridiculed.
(b) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(c) It is disputed by the academic community.
(d) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
4. Why did Tesman buy the house he did?
(a) It was the only one he could afford.
(b) It was close to his work.
(c) It had many rooms for raising a family.
(d) He believed Hedda wanted it more than any other.
5. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Cut her hair off.
(b) Dismiss her.
(c) Send her to care for Rina.
(d) Visit her every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
2. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
4. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
5. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)