|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman focus on when he talks about the future?
(a) His career.
(b) Making a fortune.
(c) Raising a family.
(d) Spending time with his wife.
2. What are people suggesting when they note Hedda has "filled out" during her travels?
(a) That she doesn't love her husband.
(b) That she lives a life of leisure.
(c) That she is letting herself go.
(d) That she is pregnant.
3. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(b) Merchant and importer.
(c) Tesman does not work.
4. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Flighty and vacant.
(b) Demanding and restrictive.
(c) Beautiful and adored.
(d) Rude and ungrateful.
5. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
(a) The difficulty with servants.
(b) An open window.
(c) How long it has been since they've met.
(d) Having nothing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
3. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)