|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julle do as soon as she enters the room in the beginning of the first act?
(a) Hugs Hedda.
(b) Writes a letter.
(c) Reads a manuscript.
(d) Opens a window.
2. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(b) Tesman does not work.
(c) Merchant and importer.
3. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
(a) Rina is getting worse.
(b) She has another social engagement.
(c) She does not feel welcome.
(d) She is still ofended about the hat.
4. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A dress.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A hat.
(d) A book.
5. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
(a) Because she knew he wanted it.
(b) So she could be close to people she liked.
(c) Because it was the nicest one Tesman could afford.
(d) To fill an awkward silence in conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
2. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. What does Lovborg say about his recently published book?
4. In Act 2, who are the two people expected to be visiting the Tesman home in the evening?
5. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)