|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
(a) They spent every moment together.
(b) It was long and difficult.
(c) Hedda had a very good time.
(d) They missed their home terribly.
2. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A busy social life.
(b) A growing family.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) A charming home.
3. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(b) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(c) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(d) Write and publish a book of her own.
4. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(b) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
(c) Because she has just left her husband.
(d) Because her husband is unfaithful.
5. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
(b) Help him with his book.
(c) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
(d) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
2. What does Lovborg want Tesman to see?
3. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
4. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)