|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A harp.
(b) A flute.
(c) A violin.
(d) A piano.
2. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Concerned and thoughtful.
(b) Confident and cheery.
(c) Nervous and desperate.
(d) Excited and bubbly.
3. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
(b) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
(c) To continue Lovborg's work.
(d) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
4. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
(a) To see Lovborg succumb to weakness.
(b) To influence a human fate.
(c) To win Lovborg's love.
(d) To secure the professorship for Tesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
3. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
4. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
5. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)