|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
(b) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(c) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(d) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Skeptical and cautious.
(b) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(c) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(d) Protective, worried, and adoring.
3. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
(a) Reckless and free.
(b) Responsible and self controlled.
(c) The talk of the town.
(d) Flushed and fearless with vine leaves in his hair.
4. What does Hedda tell Brack about her trip with Tesman?
(a) She was very bored with only Tesman for company.
(b) She liked the people she met abroad.
(c) She missed her wonderful home.
(d) She wishes she never had to return home.
5. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
(a) Because her husband is an old flame of Hedda's.
(b) Because her husband is unfaithful.
(c) Because she has just left her husband.
(d) Because she knows Hedda is unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, who are the two people expected to be visiting the Tesman home in the evening?
2. What does Hedda do when Brack arrives in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
4. Who are the first two characters to appear in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
5. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)