|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
(a) To ruin his reputation.
(b) To keep him from writing.
(c) To make him fall in love.
(d) To purge and cleanse him of his ways.
2. How were the furnishings in the house paid for?
(a) Berte lent Tesman the money to buy them.
(b) Tesman could afford the furnishings with his salary.
(c) Hedda's inheritance paid for everything.
(d) Julle mortgaged her annuity to pay for the furnishings.
3. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
(a) Berte was was having a party next door.
(b) They were celebrating the return to their new home.
(c) Hedda needed everything unpacked and put away in a particular manner.
(d) Julle was ill.
4. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Summon Brack to the house.
(b) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
(c) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(d) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
5. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(b) Inherits a fortune.
(c) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(d) Applies for a professorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
2. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
3. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
4. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
5. What is Hedda's state of mind after Julle leaves?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)