|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
(a) That it makes him appear unsure of himself.
(b) That he had changed greatly from the person she knew.
(c) That Mrs Elvsted had trained him well.
(d) That she admired his fortitude.
2. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
(b) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
(c) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
(d) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
3. Which answer best describes Tesman's perception of Hedda?
(a) Flighty and vacant.
(b) Rude and ungrateful.
(c) Demanding and restrictive.
(d) Beautiful and adored.
4. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
(a) She is still ofended about the hat.
(b) She does not feel welcome.
(c) She has another social engagement.
(d) Rina is getting worse.
5. From their conversation, what can one infer about Brack and Hedda in Act 2?
(a) They have been lovers.
(b) They are already friends.
(c) Hedda rejected Brack as a suitor.
(d) They are both uncomfortable being alone with the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
3. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
5. How does Hedda feel about the possibility of motherhood?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)