|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Exciting and adventurous.
(b) A disappointment and boring.
(c) Unimportant and temporary.
(d) Comfortable and supportive.
2. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
(a) His book.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Punch and cakes.
(d) A letter from Mrs Elvsted.
3. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
(a) He brushes it off and admonishes Hedda.
(b) He laughs at Mrs Elvsted.
(c) He grows angry and embarrassed, and decides to leave with Tesman and Brack.
(d) He makes a toast with a glass of punch, to 'the truth'.
4. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
(a) Returns to town.
(b) Writes a book.
(c) Gives up his dissolute ways.
(d) Seperates her from her husband.
5. What instrument makes its first appearance in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) A piano.
(b) A violin.
(c) A flute.
(d) A harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
2. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
3. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
4. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
5. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)