|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A new instrument for Hedda.
(d) A pile of books for his research.
2. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
(b) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
(c) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
(d) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
3. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
(a) Looking after Julle while they were away.
(b) Coming so promptly after receiving his letter.
(c) Always being a good friend to Hedda.
(d) Making the financial arrangements for the house.
4. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
(a) She has never loved him.
(b) She adores him.
(c) She can't understand why she doesn't love him.
(d) She admires him greatly and will grow to love him.
5. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
(a) They spent every moment together.
(b) They missed their home terribly.
(c) It was long and difficult.
(d) Hedda had a very good time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
2. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
3. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
5. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)