|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best compares the nature of Tesman's book to the nature of Lovborg's book?
(a) The truth to the fanciful.
(b) The mundane to the visionary.
(c) The useful to the superfluous.
(d) The scholarly to the chaotic.
2. Why does Hedda tell Brack is the reason she told Tesman she wanted to live in this particular house?
(a) So she could be close to people she liked.
(b) To fill an awkward silence in conversation.
(c) Because she knew he wanted it.
(d) Because it was the nicest one Tesman could afford.
3. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Cut her hair off.
(b) Visit her every day.
(c) Send her to care for Rina.
(d) Dismiss her.
4. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
(a) The details of his dissolute lifestyle.
(b) That he wanted to write a great book in his life.
(c) That he wanted to kill himself.
(d) That he loved Hedda.
5. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
(b) A new instrument for Hedda.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A pile of books for his research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
2. What would best characterize the way Hedda greets Julle?
3. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
4. What does Hedda confess to Brack regarding her feelings toward Tesman?
5. What kept Hedda and Tesman up late the night of their return?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)