|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Particular and demanding.
(b) Relaxed and lazy.
(c) Professional and competent.
(d) Loving and kind.
2. What does Hedda tell Brack her reason's were for marrying Tesman?
(a) He was determined to support her and he was not ridiculous.
(b) She loves him despite his prospects.
(c) She sees him as a great man that will go far.
(d) His was her only marriage proposal.
3. What is Brack's reaction when he realizes that Tesman is not at home and that he is alone with Hedda?
(a) Brack is pleased and says he would have come earlier.
(b) Brack tells Hedda a secret.
(c) Brack apologizes for the intrusion and withdraws.
(d) Brack is uncomfortable and makes awkward conversation.
4. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(b) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(c) Applies for a professorship.
(d) Inherits a fortune.
5. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
(a) Responsible and self controlled.
(b) Reckless and free.
(c) Flushed and fearless with vine leaves in his hair.
(d) The talk of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
2. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
5. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)