|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(b) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(c) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
(d) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
2. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(b) She plans never to return.
(c) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(d) She will return to spend the winter.
3. What is Lovborg going to do for Tesman?
(a) Wait until Tesman has the professorship before publishing his book.
(b) Help him with his book.
(c) Recommend Tesman for another post if Lovborg is rewarded the professorship.
(d) Stay with Hedda so Tesman can leave for Brack's party.
4. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Applies for a professorship.
(b) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(c) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(d) Inherits a fortune.
5. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A hat.
(b) A dress.
(c) A book.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
2. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
3. What influence does Hedda want over Lovborg?
4. What does Lovborg take with him to Brack's?
5. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)