|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
(b) Summon Brack to the house.
(c) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(d) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
2. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
(a) A hat.
(b) A suitcase of documents.
(c) An unexplained package.
(d) His favorite slippers.
3. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(b) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(c) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(d) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
4. What does Tesman bring home with him in the second act of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A pile of books for his research.
(c) A new instrument for Hedda.
(d) A letter from Mr Elvsted.
5. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) That she was working with her husband to watch out for him.
(b) That she was trying to prevent him from publishing his book.
(c) That she wanted to control him.
(d) That she was trying to credit for his reformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
2. When Tesman and Brack first invite Lovborg to Brack's party, what does Lovborg do?
3. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
4. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
5. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)