|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) She feels Mrs. Elvsted is wrong to leave her husband.
(b) She feels a close affinity to Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) She is jealous of her and the influence she has on Lovborg.
(d) She thinks Mrs. Elvsted is a scheming social climber.
2. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
(a) A great understanding of interpersonal relationships.
(c) The courage to act.
3. How does Hedda feel about the house she lives in?
(a) She loves the way the house has been furnished.
(b) She thinks it smells of old ladies and death.
(c) She thinks the house will be good for raising a family.
(d) She thinks the house is plain and depressing.
4. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
(a) Reckless and free.
(b) Responsible and self controlled.
(c) The talk of the town.
(d) Flushed and fearless with vine leaves in his hair.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Respect and fear.
(b) Kindness and friendship.
(c) Jealousy and disdain.
(d) Concern and honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
2. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
3. What does Hedda tell Brack her reason's were for marrying Tesman?
4. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
5. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)