|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, why does Julle send word she will not be visiting Hedda and Tesman that evening?
(a) Rina is getting worse.
(b) She has another social engagement.
(c) She is still ofended about the hat.
(d) She does not feel welcome.
2. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
(a) The courage to act.
(b) A great understanding of interpersonal relationships.
3. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
(a) She will return to spend the winter.
(b) She plans on returning every day to visit.
(c) She is afraid she'll be too busy to come often.
(d) She plans never to return.
4. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
(a) That Hedda is sorry she said anything.
(b) That Hedda was jealous of the hat.
(c) Hedda only pretended she thought the hat belonged to the maid.
(d) That Julle is still offended.
5. Who embroidered Tesman's slippers?
(c) His Aunt Rina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
2. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
3. What does Hedda complain about just after greeting Julle?
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
5. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)