|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Brack's views on his own marriage prospects?
(a) He is still waiting for the right woman to come into his life.
(b) He prefers to maintain 'friendships' with married ladies.
(c) He does not care for the company of women.
(d) He wishes he had proposed to Hedda while she was available.
2. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
(b) My love.
(d) Mrs Tesman.
3. What does Hedda threaten to do to Berte in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) Visit her every day.
(b) Cut her hair off.
(c) Send her to care for Rina.
(d) Dismiss her.
4. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
(a) That she was anxious about Lovborg's fortitude.
(b) That she was jealous of Hedda.
(c) That she had left her husband.
(d) That she had been a flame of Tesman's.
5. When Hedda and Brack are discussing a trip in a compartment on a train, what are they really discussing?
(a) The unexpected in life.
(b) The importance of having good friends close by.
(c) Fidelity in marriage.
(d) Getting away from society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
2. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
3. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
4. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
5. When Julle leaves at the end of Act 1, what are her plans for returning?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)