|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tesman tell Brack about Tesman and Hedda's trip?
(a) It was long and difficult.
(b) They spent every moment together.
(c) They missed their home terribly.
(d) Hedda had a very good time.
2. What is the book Tesman is working on about?
(a) Cultural norms of the modern age.
(b) The role of religion in shaping the future.
(c) The importance of family in society.
(d) Domestic crafts of Brabant in the Middle Ages.
3. What item in Hedda and Tesman's house has been moved out of view in the beginning of Act 2 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Hedda's piano.
(b) The bouquet of flowers.
(c) The picture of Rina.
(d) The pistols.
4. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
(b) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
(c) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
(d) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
5. In the second act, what do we learn about the hat incident?
(a) That Hedda is sorry she said anything.
(b) That Hedda was jealous of the hat.
(c) That Julle is still offended.
(d) Hedda only pretended she thought the hat belonged to the maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julle give to Tesman before she leaves?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Tesman's feeling towards Julle?
3. What is the one thing that Hedda says she has an aptitude for?
4. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
5. When Hedda and Brack are discussing a trip in a compartment on a train, what are they really discussing?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)