|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(b) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(c) Applies for a professorship.
(d) Inherits a fortune.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Unimportant and temporary.
(b) Exciting and adventurous.
(c) Comfortable and supportive.
(d) A disappointment and boring.
3. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
(a) Contrite and repentant.
(b) Desperate and disheveled.
(c) Elated and joyous.
(d) Sad and mournful.
4. Which of the following set of people truly acts in the others best interest to the best of their ability in the play HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Hedda and Tesman.
(b) Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Tesman and Brack.
(d) Hedda and Brack.
5. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Working together on Lovborg's book.
(b) Long walks in the country.
(c) Similar personalities.
(d) Hard times that brought them together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
2. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
3. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
4. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
5. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)