|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Comfortable and supportive.
(b) Unimportant and temporary.
(c) A disappointment and boring.
(d) Exciting and adventurous.
2. What time of day is it when Lovborg arrives at the Tesman household?
(a) Late the next day.
(b) He arrives at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(c) After daybreak the next morning.
(d) Four in the morning.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Concern and honesty.
(b) Kindness and friendship.
(c) Respect and fear.
(d) Jealousy and disdain.
4. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A discussion of the professorship.
(b) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
(c) A stag dinner.
(d) A literary gathering.
5. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
(a) Responsible and self controlled.
(b) The talk of the town.
(c) Reckless and free.
(d) Flushed and fearless with vine leaves in his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
2. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What does Lovborg take with him to Brack's?
4. When did Lovborg write his book?
5. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)