|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(b) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
(c) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(d) During a long solitary vacation.
2. What time of day is it when Lovborg arrives at the Tesman household?
(a) He arrives at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(b) Four in the morning.
(c) After daybreak the next morning.
(d) Late the next day.
3. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A discussion of the professorship.
(b) A stag dinner.
(c) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
(d) A literary gathering.
4. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
(a) She needs to wait for Lovborg to arrive.
(b) Someone needs to guard the manuscript.
(c) She says she needs to free herself from darkness and death.
(d) She feels unwell.
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
(a) He tells her that he tried to return for her the previous night but was prevented.
(b) He tells her that he loves another woman.
(c) He lost control and needs her forgiveness.
(d) He has no more use for her and they must part.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
2. What is Lovborg's plan for his future at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
5. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)