|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(b) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(c) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
(d) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
2. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
(a) That he loved Hedda.
(b) That he wanted to kill himself.
(c) That he wanted to write a great book in his life.
(d) The details of his dissolute lifestyle.
3. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
(a) To ruin his reputation.
(b) To make him fall in love.
(c) To keep him from writing.
(d) To purge and cleanse him of his ways.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) Unimportant and temporary.
(b) Comfortable and supportive.
(c) A disappointment and boring.
(d) Exciting and adventurous.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Protective, worried, and adoring.
(b) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(c) Skeptical and cautious.
(d) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
2. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
3. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
4. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)