|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
(a) That it is missing but the police are looking for it.
(b) That he sold it to pay his debts.
(c) That Miss Diana has taken it and he can't get it back.
(d) That he tore it into bits and scattered it in the fjord.
2. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
(a) Mrs Tesman.
(c) My love.
3. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
(a) He asks if there was ever any love in her friendship for him.
(b) He asks if Tesman is angry with him for competing for the professorship.
(c) He asks her about Mrs Elvsted.
(d) He wants to know if she thinks his book is better than Tesman's.
4. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
(a) To inspire him.
(b) To reform him.
(c) To make him forget everything but her.
(d) A look into a world that she is supposed to know nothing about.
5. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
(a) That Mrs Elvsted had trained him well.
(b) That it makes him appear unsure of himself.
(c) That he had changed greatly from the person she knew.
(d) That she admired his fortitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
2. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
3. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
4. What are Mrs. Elvsted's plans when she leaves the Tesman household in Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)