|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
(a) His book.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Punch and cakes.
(d) A letter from Mrs Elvsted.
2. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
(a) She was a coward and afraid of scandal.
(b) Because she loved Lovborg.
(c) It would have damaged her chances of marrying Tesman.
(d) She knew it was wrong.
3. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
(a) In between Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
(b) At Lovborg's right hand.
(c) In the seat looking at both of them.
(d) Next to Mrs Elvsted where she can watch Lovborg.
4. What was the basis of the close friendship shared by Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted?
(a) Similar personalities.
(b) Long walks in the country.
(c) Working together on Lovborg's book.
(d) Hard times that brought them together.
5. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
(a) To ruin his reputation.
(b) To make him fall in love.
(c) To purge and cleanse him of his ways.
(d) To keep him from writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
2. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
3. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
4. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)