|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was a distant relation.
(b) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(c) He tutored the children.
(d) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
2. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
(a) That he plagiarized Tesman's work.
(b) That he always hated the book.
(c) That he sold it to repay drinking debts.
(d) That he lost it.
3. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(b) Mrs Elvsted.
(c) Ejlert Lovborg.
4. What time of day is it when Lovborg arrives at the Tesman household?
(a) Four in the morning.
(b) He arrives at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(c) After daybreak the next morning.
(d) Late the next day.
5. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
2. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
3. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
4. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
5. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)