|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda suggest that Lovborg do beautifully?
(a) Go to the interview for the professorship.
(b) Write another book.
(c) Apologize to Mrs Elvsted.
(d) End it all.
2. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
(b) A literary gathering.
(c) A discussion of the professorship.
(d) A stag dinner.
3. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
(a) Reckless and free.
(b) Flushed and fearless with vine leaves in his hair.
(c) The talk of the town.
(d) Responsible and self controlled.
4. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(b) They were inseperable best friends.
(c) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(d) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
5. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
(b) It is ridiculed.
(c) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(d) It is disputed by the academic community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
2. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
3. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
5. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)