|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lovborg write his book?
(a) During a long solitary vacation.
(b) In his "good days" before he started drinking.
(c) Within the year prior to the happenings in Hedda Gabler.
(d) When he was unter the tutelage of Mr Elvsted.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
(a) A disappointment and boring.
(b) Comfortable and supportive.
(c) Unimportant and temporary.
(d) Exciting and adventurous.
3. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) Her love and sympathy.
(b) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) Information about the professorship.
4. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) That she was trying to prevent him from publishing his book.
(b) That she was trying to credit for his reformation.
(c) That she was working with her husband to watch out for him.
(d) That she wanted to control him.
5. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
(a) The courage to act.
(b) A great understanding of interpersonal relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
2. What future does Hedda see for Lovborg?
3. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
4. What reason does Hedda give Lovborg for not following through on a threat she made a long time ago?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)