|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) For Lovborg to be independent and in control of himself without Mrs Elvsted's influence.
(b) For society to recognize Lovborg's complete reformation.
(c) The end of Lovborg's career so that Tesman would get the professorship.
(d) For Lovborg to be recognized as a great scholar.
2. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
(a) Sad and mournful.
(b) Contrite and repentant.
(c) Elated and joyous.
(d) Desperate and disheveled.
3. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) Burn her hair off.
(b) Ruin her in society.
(c) Seperate her from Lovborg.
(d) Write to her husband.
4. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
(a) He desperately wants some academic recognition.
(b) He based his marriage and finances on the prospects of the job.
(c) So he will finally outshine Lovborg.
(d) He wants to make Hedda and Julle proud of him.
5. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To continue Lovborg's work.
(b) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
(c) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
(d) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What future does Hedda see for Lovborg?
2. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
5. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)