|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lovborg's book received by the public?
(a) It becomes the most popular novel of the time.
(b) It is very well received and called 'a sensation'.
(c) It is ridiculed.
(d) It is disputed by the academic community.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) Eloquent and learned.
(b) Out of control and drunken.
(c) Strong and willful.
(d) Desperate and scheming.
3. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
(a) They had some good friends in common and so they saw a lot of each other.
(b) They were seperated by a year, and Mrs Elvsted was frightened of Hedda.
(c) They were classmates that spent a lot of time on school work together.
(d) They were inseperable best friends.
4. What does Lovborg take with him to Brack's?
(a) A bottle of punch.
(b) Mrs Elvsted's glove.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) A pistol.
5. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
(a) For society to recognize Lovborg's complete reformation.
(b) The end of Lovborg's career so that Tesman would get the professorship.
(c) For Lovborg to be recognized as a great scholar.
(d) For Lovborg to be independent and in control of himself without Mrs Elvsted's influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lovborg write his book?
2. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
3. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
4. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
5. What are Mrs. Elvsted's plans when she leaves the Tesman household in Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)