|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
(a) Punch and cakes.
(b) His book.
(c) A letter from Mrs Elvsted.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
2. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(b) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(c) Write and publish a book of her own.
(d) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
3. What does Lovborg confess to Hedda about his manuscript?
(a) That he plagiarized Tesman's work.
(b) That he sold it to repay drinking debts.
(c) That he always hated the book.
(d) That he lost it.
4. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Passionate and unwise.
(b) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(c) Abusive and horrible.
(d) Loveless and convenient.
5. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(b) Summon Brack to the house.
(c) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
(d) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
2. What time of day is it when Lovborg arrives at the Tesman household?
3. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
4. Who is the bouquet of flowers from?
5. What does Mrs Elvsted tell Hedda that Lovborg has done for her specifically because he knew she wanted it?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)