|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Skeptical and cautious.
(b) Protective, worried, and adoring.
(c) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(d) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
2. How does Hedda imagine Lovborg when he returns?
(a) Flushed and fearless with vine leaves in his hair.
(b) The talk of the town.
(c) Reckless and free.
(d) Responsible and self controlled.
3. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
(b) A great understanding of interpersonal relationships.
(c) The courage to act.
4. What does Lovborg take with him to Brack's?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A bottle of punch.
(c) Mrs Elvsted's glove.
(d) His manuscript.
5. What are Mrs. Elvsted's plans when she leaves the Tesman household in Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) She is going to return to her husband.
(b) She is going to look for the missing manuscript.
(c) She is going to attempt to purchase the manuscript back from Miss Diana.
(d) She has no plans and nowhere to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's view of her marriage at the end of Act 1?
2. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
3. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
4. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
5. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)