|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
(a) Two, but only one is available because the other is at the Elvsted house.
(c) One that was divided into two pieces and seperated.
2. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
(a) The name of the woman that inspired him.
(b) That there is a second copy of the manuscript.
(c) That he is in love with Hedda.
(d) That his work is plagiarized from Tesman's.
4. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
(a) That he tore it into bits and scattered it in the fjord.
(b) That Miss Diana has taken it and he can't get it back.
(c) That he sold it to pay his debts.
(d) That it is missing but the police are looking for it.
5. What does Hedda show Lovborg when they are first left alone together?
(a) Her house.
(b) A photo album of her honeymoon.
(c) Her father's pistols.
(d) Her husband's manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
2. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
3. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
4. Why is the professorship so important to Tesman?
5. What kind of friends were Mrs Elvsted and Hedda in school?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)