|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
(a) To make him forget everything but her.
(b) To inspire him.
(c) A look into a world that she is supposed to know nothing about.
(d) To reform him.
2. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
(a) To let Lovborg have the professorship.
(b) To continue Lovborg's work.
(c) To let her know what he thinks of Lovborg's book.
(d) To be kind to Lovborg and keep a watchful eye on him.
3. What does Lovborg try to call Hedda when they are alone?
(a) Mrs Tesman.
(c) My love.
4. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(b) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(c) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(d) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
5. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
(a) He compliments Mrs Elvsted and praises the friendship he has with her.
(b) He talks about nothing but his book.
(c) He talks about when he knew Hedda.
(d) He talks about Tesman's research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
2. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
3. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
4. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. How many copies of Lovborg's manuscript exist?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)