|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
(a) He tells her that he loves another woman.
(b) He tells her that he tried to return for her the previous night but was prevented.
(c) He has no more use for her and they must part.
(d) He lost control and needs her forgiveness.
2. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
(a) Elated and joyous.
(b) Contrite and repentant.
(c) Sad and mournful.
(d) Desperate and disheveled.
3. What is Mrs. Elvsted's state of mind after the gentlemen leave?
(a) Serene and confident.
(b) Anxious and unhappy.
(c) Hopeful and determined.
(d) Jubilant and victorious.
4. What two events does Tesman accidentally schedule for the same time?
(a) Lovborg's visit and Brack's dinner.
(b) Brack's party and his wife's birthday.
(c) Lovborg's visit and a visit from his aunt.
(d) Mrs Elvsted's visit and work for his next book.
5. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
(a) In between Lovborg and Mrs Elvsted.
(b) In the seat looking at both of them.
(c) At Lovborg's right hand.
(d) Next to Mrs Elvsted where she can watch Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
3. What does Tesman bring to Hedda while she talks to Lovborg?
4. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
5. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)