|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
(a) To reform him.
(b) To make him forget everything but her.
(c) To inspire him.
(d) A look into a world that she is supposed to know nothing about.
2. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
(a) None, other than to be near Ejlert Lovborg.
(b) Stay in town as long as her husband will agree to.
(c) Start formal divorce proceedings.
(d) Write and publish a book of her own.
3. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
(a) That it makes him appear unsure of himself.
(b) That he had changed greatly from the person she knew.
(c) That Mrs Elvsted had trained him well.
(d) That she admired his fortitude.
4. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A discussion of the professorship.
(b) A literary gathering.
(c) A stag dinner.
(d) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
5. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
(a) He was the protege of Mr Elvsted.
(b) He was a distant relation.
(c) He was a close friend of Mr Elvsted.
(d) He tutored the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
2. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted when he returns at last from Brack's party?
4. Why is Mrs Elvsted uneasy talking about her home life?
5. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)