|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes apparent as soon as Hedda and Lovborg converse alone?
(a) Hedda is angry at Lovborg for an unknown reason.
(b) Hedda and Lovborg have been very close.
(c) Hedda wishes she had married Lovborg.
(d) Lovborg is jealous of Tesman's success.
2. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
(a) A party at the home of a wealthy relative.
(b) A discussion of the professorship.
(c) A stag dinner.
(d) A literary gathering.
3. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
(a) Her mannerisms.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her manner of speaking.
(d) Her hair.
4. What is Lovborg's response to Hedda's revelation about Mr Elvsted?
(a) He grows angry and embarrassed, and decides to leave with Tesman and Brack.
(b) He brushes it off and admonishes Hedda.
(c) He makes a toast with a glass of punch, to 'the truth'.
(d) He laughs at Mrs Elvsted.
5. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
(a) She tried to shoot him with a pistol.
(b) She had rejected Lovborg for another man.
(c) Lovborg had asked her to marry him.
(d) She was a remarkable beauty, with red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
2. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
3. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
4. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
5. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)