|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) She thinks Mrs. Elvsted is a scheming social climber.
(b) She feels a close affinity to Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) She is jealous of her and the influence she has on Lovborg.
(d) She feels Mrs. Elvsted is wrong to leave her husband.
2. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
(b) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(c) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
(d) Summon Brack to the house.
3. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
(b) A child.
(c) To be reunited with old friends.
(d) Peace from the world to be with her family.
4. What does Mrs. Elvsted liken Lovborg's manuscript to?
(a) Mrs Elvsted's and Lovborg's love.
(b) Lovborg's own life.
(c) A child.
(d) A great piece of art.
5. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
(a) That his work is plagiarized from Tesman's.
(b) That he is in love with Hedda.
(c) That there is a second copy of the manuscript.
(d) The name of the woman that inspired him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda do with a pistol as Lovborg prepares to leave?
2. What is the likely reason that Hedda dreams of controlling another person's destiny?
3. After Mrs Elvsted arrives, what does Lovborg talk about?
4. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
5. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)