|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Loveless and convenient.
(b) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(c) Abusive and horrible.
(d) Passionate and unwise.
2. What state of mind is Mrs Elvsted in when she arrives?
(a) Confident and cheery.
(b) Excited and bubbly.
(c) Concerned and thoughtful.
(d) Nervous and desperate.
3. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(b) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
(c) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(d) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
4. What does Tesman thank Brack for when Brack arrives at the house for the first time in Act 1?
(a) Making the financial arrangements for the house.
(b) Coming so promptly after receiving his letter.
(c) Always being a good friend to Hedda.
(d) Looking after Julle while they were away.
5. What does Hedda remember getting Lovborg to confess?
(a) That he wanted to kill himself.
(b) That he wanted to write a great book in his life.
(c) That he loved Hedda.
(d) The details of his dissolute lifestyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Hedda's feelings towards Mrs Elvsted?
3. What is the thing that Hedda fights hardest for?
4. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
5. What is the only thing that Mrs Elvsted knows about the woman whose shadow stands between her and Lovborg?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)