|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg take with him to Brack's?
(a) A pistol.
(b) Mrs Elvsted's glove.
(c) A bottle of punch.
(d) His manuscript.
2. What does Lovborg think Hedda's motives might have been in their prior friendship?
(a) To keep him from writing.
(b) To make him fall in love.
(c) To ruin his reputation.
(d) To purge and cleanse him of his ways.
3. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(b) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
(c) Summon Brack to the house.
(d) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
4. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(b) Abusive and horrible.
(c) Loveless and convenient.
(d) Passionate and unwise.
5. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
(a) To influence a human fate.
(b) To secure the professorship for Tesman.
(c) To win Lovborg's love.
(d) To see Lovborg succumb to weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
2. What does Hedda divulge to Lovborg that Mrs Elvsted did not want known?
3. What best characterizes the way Hedda feels about Mrs. Elvsted?
4. To what does Brack invite Tesman?
5. What does Mrs Elvsted ask of Tesman in Act 1 of Hedda Gabler?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)