|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Inherits a fortune.
(b) Applies for a professorship.
(c) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(d) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
2. What does Hedda claim she has to keep her entertained at the end of Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A busy social life.
(b) A charming home.
(c) A growing family.
(d) Her father's pistols.
3. Which of the following best describes Mrs Elvsted's marriage?
(a) Loveless and convenient.
(b) Comfortable and satisfactory.
(c) Passionate and unwise.
(d) Abusive and horrible.
4. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
(a) Someone needs to guard the manuscript.
(b) She says she needs to free herself from darkness and death.
(c) She needs to wait for Lovborg to arrive.
(d) She feels unwell.
5. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
(a) Stay sober.
(b) Finish his book.
(c) Speak to Brack about the professorship.
(d) Return at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
2. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
3. At Brack's party, what information does Lovborg withhold?
4. What are Mrs Elvsted's plans for the future?
5. What future does Hedda see for Lovborg?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)