|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda claim were her motives in their prior experiences together?
(a) To make him forget everything but her.
(b) To inspire him.
(c) A look into a world that she is supposed to know nothing about.
(d) To reform him.
2. What part of Mrs Elvsted does Hedda find "irritating"?
(a) Her mannerisms.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her manner of speaking.
3. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) Information about the professorship.
(c) The money he needs to buy back his manuscript.
(d) Her love and sympathy.
4. Why might Tesman not get the professorship he was promised?
(a) Tesman was gone too long on his travels.
(b) Lovborg is also being considered for the post.
(c) There are doubts about Tesman's character.
(d) The subject of Tesman's book is irrevelant to the post.
5. What time of day is it when Lovborg arrives at the Tesman household?
(a) Late the next day.
(b) He arrives at ten to take Mrs. Elvsted home.
(c) After daybreak the next morning.
(d) Four in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg ask Hedda while they are alone?
2. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
3. What did Hedda envision for Lovborg the night of Brack's party?
4. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
5. What does Hedda suggest that Lovborg do beautifully?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)