|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hedda want at the end of 1Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) A salon, a footman, and a horse.
(b) To be reunited with old friends.
(c) Peace from the world to be with her family.
(d) A child.
2. What does Ejlert Lovborg do shortly after publishing his book?
(a) Inherits a fortune.
(b) Leaves the Elvsted household to return to town.
(c) Falls in love with Diana, a red headed singer.
(d) Applies for a professorship.
3. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To be less distant with Julle.
(b) To help him with his work.
(c) To show her affection towards him.
(d) To try and get out in society.
4. Of what does Lovborg accuse Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) That she was trying to prevent him from publishing his book.
(b) That she was working with her husband to watch out for him.
(c) That she wanted to control him.
(d) That she was trying to credit for his reformation.
5. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
(b) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
(c) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(d) Summon Brack to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lovborg write his book?
2. Who does Tesman invite over to their house for evening in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
3. Which of the following best describes the state Lovborg is in when he returns to the Tesman household after Brack's party?
4. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
5. What is the very important thing that Hedda keeps from Lovborg when he comes to see her in Act 3?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)