|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, what does Hedda confess to Mrs Elvsted that she wants out of the whole situation?
(a) To secure the professorship for Tesman.
(b) To influence a human fate.
(c) To see Lovborg succumb to weakness.
(d) To win Lovborg's love.
2. How long has Mrs Elvsted been in town?
(a) She is very recently arrived.
(b) She moved to town some years ago.
(c) She has always lived here.
(d) Her whole family recently moved into town from the country.
3. What does the letter sent in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLE propose to do?
(a) Summon Brack to the house.
(b) Warn Mrs Elvsted's husband of her whereabouts.
(c) Make arrangements for a celebration.
(d) Invite Ejlert Lovborg over that evening.
4. What does Hedda threaten, again, to do to Mrs. Elvsted?
(a) Ruin her in society.
(b) Seperate her from Lovborg.
(c) Write to her husband.
(d) Burn her hair off.
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted happened to the manuscript?
(a) That it is missing but the police are looking for it.
(b) That he tore it into bits and scattered it in the fjord.
(c) That Miss Diana has taken it and he can't get it back.
(d) That he sold it to pay his debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
2. What role did Ejlert Lovborg play in the Elvsted household prior to the happenings in the play Hedda Gabler?
3. Before he leaves, what does Lovborg promise to do?
4. What does Hedda say she is doing at the end of Act 3 of HEDDA GABLER?
5. What does Hedda refer to when she says someone has 'vine leaves in their hair'?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)