One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg know after his night at Brack's?
(a) That it is pointless for him to write books.
(b) The he will not be able to maintain a respectable lifestyle.
(c) That he is the best man for the professorship.
(d) That he is in love with Hedda.
2. What does Hedda first tell Lovborg when he continually declines the cold punch she offered him?
(a) That Mrs Elvsted had trained him well.
(b) That he had changed greatly from the person she knew.
(c) That it makes him appear unsure of himself.
(d) That she admired his fortitude.
3. What does Tesman ask of Hedda in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
(a) To show her affection towards him.
(b) To be less distant with Julle.
(c) To try and get out in society.
(d) To help him with his work.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs Elvsted's feelings regarding Lovborg?
(a) Fearful, thwarted, and rancorous.
(b) Skeptical and cautious.
(c) Proud, sure, and boastful.
(d) Protective, worried, and adoring.
5. What does Hedda show Lovborg when they are first left alone together?
(a) Her father's pistols.
(b) Her husband's manuscript.
(c) A photo album of her honeymoon.
(d) Her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hedda insist on sitting when Mrs Elvsted joins her and Lovborg?
2. What reason does Hedda give for refusing to go with Tesman to Rina?
3. To whom does Hedda not speak in Act 1 of HEDDA GABLER?
4. What attribute does he give Mrs Elvsted that he knows Hedda lacks?
5. Which of the following set of people truly acts in the others best interest to the best of their ability in the play HEDDA GABLER?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)