Act 1, Part 1
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Nephew and aunt.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Close friends.
2. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(b) Visiting relative.
3. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(a) Merchant and importer.
(b) Tesman does not work.
(d) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
4. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A hat.
(c) A book.
(d) A dress.
5. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Particular and demanding.
(b) Relaxed and lazy.
(c) Loving and kind.
(d) Professional and competent.
6. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
(b) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(c) She was a school teacher.
(d) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
7. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Their honeymoon.
(b) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
(c) The funeral of Hedda's father.
(d) Spending the summer in the country.
This section contains 6,214 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)