Act 1, Part 1
1. What is the relationship between Tesman and Julle in the play, HEDDA GABLER?
(a) Close friends.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Nephew and aunt.
2. In Act 1, what is the role of Berte in the household?
(b) Visiting relative.
3. What is the profession of Jorgen Tesman?
(b) Tesman does not work.
(c) Academic researcher and aspiring professor.
(d) Merchant and importer.
4. What did Julle buy in honor of Hedda?
(a) A dress.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A book.
(d) A hat.
5. Which are the most appropriate words to describe Hedda in the first act?
(a) Loving and kind.
(b) Professional and competent.
(c) Relaxed and lazy.
(d) Particular and demanding.
6. What was Hedda's life like before she married?
(a) She was the popular daughter of a general.
(b) She was a school teacher.
(c) She was the heiress to a large fortune.
(d) She was the beautiful daughter of a poor family.
7. From where are Tesman and Hedda returning?
(a) Spending the summer in the country.
(b) Visiting a relative that is unwell.
(c) Their honeymoon.
(d) The funeral of Hedda's father.
This section contains 6,214 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)