|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave want to do?
(a) Take his gun and go after the killers.
(b) Dive in the bay and retrieve Annie's body.
(c) Find Keats.
(d) Find Annie's kidnappers.
2. How does Cecil come to regard Dave?
(a) With respect.
(b) With indifference.
(c) With awe.
(d) With contempt.
3. What does Dave do to some strippers at Keats' bar?
(a) Arrests them.
(b) Intimidates them into leaving.
(c) Sets them up for a drug bust by planting some coccaine.
(d) Bribes them to quit.
4. Who is described as dim-witted?
(a) The sheriff.
5. What does Dave start doing?
(a) Drinking every day.
(b) Getting himself in shape so he can be ready when he finds Annie's killers.
(c) Going to AA.
(d) Working again as a policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave call Dautrieve?
2. What does Dautrieve ask Dave when Dautrieve calls?
3. Who visits Dave later that night after Claudette?
4. Who does Dave call later in the evening after talking with Dautrieve?
5. Where do Dave and Annie meet with Claudette?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dautrieve question Dave about dead men turning up?
2. What is the government offering Romero and why is Dave informed of the fact?
3. How does Dave ferret information out of Jerry?
4. When Dave calls Dautrieve, what does Dave learn?
5. Why is Dave's new boss angry and what does the boss do as a consequence?
6. What does Romero tell Dave when he calls Dave and what is Dave's reaction?
7. Describe Victor Romero.
8. What does Dave do with this new information he gains from Dautrieve about Keats?
9. What does Dave find when he searches Romero's apartment?
10. Why is Robin waiting for Dave one evening and what happens?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)