|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave do when Keats comes into the bar?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Hits him on the side of the head with a pool cue.
(c) Handcuffs him and arrests him.
(d) He does not come in as he is already dead.
2. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
(b) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
(c) Talk to the neighbors.
(d) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
3. What does Dave learn about Claudette from Dautrieve?
(a) That she has moved to Florida for sure.
(b) That she has a sister who is a Catholic nun at the school where Alafair is attending.
(c) That she is bisexual and connected with various figures in the world of crime.
(d) That she has been murdered in a hit-style execution.
4. What does Dave realize about Romero?
(a) He is armed.
(b) He is unarmed.
(c) He has cut his beard and dyed his hair.
(d) He is injured.
5. What does Dave ask Robin?
(a) If she will move in with him.
(b) For information about Bubba.
(c) For information about Keats and Toot.
(d) For help in caring for Alafair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
2. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
3. What does Dave start doing?
4. What does Dautrieve ask Dave when Dautrieve calls?
5. What does Dave do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the night of Annie's murder.
2. What does Dautrieve warn Dave about and what is Dave's response?
3. Describe Claudette Rocque.
4. What is the ongoing argument between Annie and Dave and what does Dave try to do to please Annie about the issue?
5. What murder scene does Dave investigate?
6. What does Romero tell Dave when he calls Dave and what is Dave's reaction?
7. What does Dave decide about Bubba?
8. Describe Victor Romero.
9. Why does Dautrieve question Dave about dead men turning up?
10. Why is Robin waiting for Dave one evening and what happens?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)