|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave contemplate?
(a) Why men fall in love with different types of women.
(b) Why Bubba would come to Dave for help.
(c) Why he is so unhappy at the sheriff's office.
(d) Why Batist always seems to need him at the wrong moments.
2. What does Dave learn about Keats from Dautrieve?
(a) His connections to the underworld.
(b) That his mother lives down the street from Dave.
(c) That Keats has been murdered in a hit-style execution.
(d) Where to find him.
3. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
(b) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
(c) Talk to the neighbors.
(d) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
4. What is found later that Dave goes to investigate?
(b) The escape vehicle Dave had shot.
(c) The escape vehile Dave had thrown the tire iron through the windshield.
(d) A vehicle that looks like one that was on Dave's street the night Annie is killed.
5. What does Romero tell Dave as Romero is dying?
(a) That he did not kill Annie; Keats did.
(b) That he killed Annie.
(c) That he was out of town when Annie is killed.
(d) That he is sorry for killing Annie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudette want of Dave?
2. Where does Dave apply for a job?
3. Of what does Dautrieve warn Dave?
4. How is Annie killed?
5. Why is the visitor there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave decide about Bubba?
2. What happens that Dave is able to start his new job?
3. What is the government offering Romero and why is Dave informed of the fact?
4. What is the consequence of Claudette's visit?
5. Describe Claudette Rocque.
6. What does Dave ask Annie to do and how does she respond both to his request and her meeting Claudette?/
7. What murder scene does Dave investigate?
8. Describe the night of Annie's murder.
9. What does Victor Romero attempt?
10. Describe the confrontation between Dave and Romero.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)