|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is found shot through the heart?
2. What does Dave ask of Annie?
(a) To allow him to continue the investigation.
(b) To visit her hometown for a few weeks.
(c) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Europe.
(d) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Canada.
3. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
(b) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
(c) Talk to the neighbors.
(d) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
4. What will the person receive from the government?
(a) Entry into the witness protection program.
(b) Up to three payments depending upon the quality of the information.
(d) A lump sum payment.
5. Who may cut a deal with the government?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do before returning to New Iberia?
2. Who does Dave call later in the evening after talking with Dautrieve?
3. What bothers Dave a great deal about his job?
4. Where does Dave apply for a job?
5. What does Dautrieve ask Dave when Dautrieve calls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Victor Romero.
2. What does Victor Romero attempt?
3. What does Dautrieve warn Dave about and what is Dave's response?
4. Describe the night of Annie's murder.
5. Who does Dave go to see after Annie is buried and what happens?
6. Why is Dave's new boss angry and what does the boss do as a consequence?
7. What happens with Dave's visit to Monroe?
8. What is the ongoing argument between Annie and Dave and what does Dave try to do to please Annie about the issue?
9. What does Dave find when he searches Romero's apartment?
10. Why is Robin waiting for Dave one evening and what happens?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)