|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many passengers are in the plane?
2. What does Dave do when he returns home?
(a) Meets with Dautrieve.
(b) Fights with Annie.
(c) Meets with his New Orleans detective friend.
(d) Plays with Alafair.
3. How does Dave's employment end with the police department?
(a) He is laid off with a reduction in force.
(b) He retires after 35 years of service.
(c) He is indicted for graft.
(d) With a violent shootout.
4. How does Dave seem to feel among the underworld elements of his city?
5. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
(b) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(c) In Galveston, Texas.
(d) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were two men who the INS arrested quickly released?
2. For whom is Johnny Dartez working?
3. What is Annie doing on the boat when Dave spots a plane?
4. What does Jerry deny?
5. Why does Dave rough up Jerry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Minos P. Dautrieve.
2. What do Dave and Annie do with the young girl they name Alafair?
3. Describe Dave's visit to Bubba.
4. What does Dave find out from Robin?
5. What do Dave and Annie tell Alafair about her mother and what do they do to help Alafair start healing emotionally?
6. What does Dave learn when he sees Dautrieve the day after the bayou incident?
7. Where does Dave go after a phone call from Batist?
8. What do Dave and Annie do in response to the event they witness?
9. What does Annie see down the street and what does Dave do about it?
10. Describe Annie Robicheaux.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)