|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Johnny Dartez working?
(a) Rocky Martinez.
(b) Bob Rocker.
(c) Bubba Rocque.
(d) Bubba Martinez.
2. What does Dautrieve tell Dave about Eddie Keats?
(a) That Keats is related to one of the most influential mafia bosses in the area.
(b) That Keats owns a few rundown bars.
(c) That Keats served ten years for a brutal beating of his girlfriend.
(d) That Keats has served time twice for attempted murder.
3. In what war did Dave serve?
(b) Desert Storm.
4. What does Annie tell Dave to do?
(a) Follow the men.
(b) Take no further interest in the situation.
(c) Threaten the men.
(d) Call his buddy on the police force.
5. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(b) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
(c) In Galveston, Texas.
(d) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is parked down the street from Dave and Annie's house?
2. What does Alafair say about her upbringing?
3. What do the Coast Guard divers find on the plane?
4. What does Dautrieve suggest to Dave?
5. What do Dave and Annie explain to their new daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dave in the bayou?
2. What does Victor Romero attempt?
3. What happens with Dave's visit to Monroe?
4. What do Dave and Annie witness as they are about to have lunch?
5. Why does Dautrieve question Dave about dead men turning up?
6. What is an indication of Robin's possibly over drinking?
7. What do Dave and Batist do at the very end of the book?
8. What does Dave conclude about the incident in the bayou?
9. What is the consequence of Claudette's visit?
10. What does Romero tell Dave when he calls Dave and what is Dave's reaction?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)