|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie doing on the boat when Dave spots a plane?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Changing the oil on the engine.
(c) Reeling in a fish.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
2. What happens to the aircraft?
(a) It crashes into the water, flips over, and sinks near their location.
(b) It flies off into the West.
(c) It drops a package and then flies off.
(d) It lands near their boat on its pontoons.
3. What does Dautrieve tell Dave about Eddie Keats?
(a) That Keats owns a few rundown bars.
(b) That Keats is related to one of the most influential mafia bosses in the area.
(c) That Keats served ten years for a brutal beating of his girlfriend.
(d) That Keats has served time twice for attempted murder.
4. Who is Minos Dautrieve?
(a) A drug enforcement agency agent.
(b) Robin's pimp.
(c) Annie's supervisor.
(d) The police chief.
5. In what war did Dave serve?
(d) Desert Storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave surmise about the occupants of the plane?
2. What do Dave and Annie explain to their new daughter?
3. What does Dave conclude about the local sheriff?
4. Of what heritage is Dave's father?
5. Why is Dave admitted to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Dave and Annie doing when the novel opens?
2. What does Dave find when he dives down?
3. Who calls Dave and what does he want?
4. How do Dave and Annie learn more about Alafair?
5. Why does Dave visit Robin?
6. What do Dave and Annie tell Alafair about her mother and what do they do to help Alafair start healing emotionally?
7. What does Annie see down the street and what does Dave do about it?
8. What does Dave find out from Robin?
9. What do Dave and Annie do with the young girl they name Alafair?
10. How does Dave begin his investigation?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)