Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Dautrieve play in college?
2. What does Batist want when he calls Dave?
(b) To borrow some money.
(c) The next week off.
(d) The upcoming weekend off.
3. What does Dave do when he returns home?
(a) Meets with Dautrieve.
(b) Fights with Annie.
(c) Plays with Alafair.
(d) Meets with his New Orleans detective friend.
4. For what does Dave rail against law enforcement?
(a) For their secrecy.
(b) For being restrained by the law itself.
(c) For their uneven enforcement of laws.
(d) For their slow time in responding.
5. What does Dave think causes the plane to crash?
(a) The pilot dies of a heart attack.
(b) Pilot error.
(c) They ran out of fuel.
(d) An explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
2. What does Dautrieve think Dave's best course of action is?
3. What does David do when he sees the car?
4. Why does Dave rough up Jerry?
5. What does Dave decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dave and Annie tell Alafair about her mother and what do they do to help Alafair start healing emotionally?
2. What does Dave decide about Bubba?
3. Where does Dave go from Bubba's house and what does he do?
4. What do Dave and Annie do in response to the event they witness?
5. Describe Minos P. Dautrieve.
6. What does Dave find out from Robin?
7. Describe Dave Robicheaux.
8. What is the consequence of Claudette's visit?
9. Describe Victor Romero.
10. What happens with Dave's visit to Monroe?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)