|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alafair say about her upbringing?
(a) It was priviledged compared to most children in her country.
(b) It is brutal growing up in war-torn Central America.
(c) It is poor but her mother loved her.
(d) She does not remember much.
2. What does Batist want when he calls Dave?
(b) The next week off.
(c) To borrow some money.
(d) The upcoming weekend off.
3. What does their new daughter do at the church?
(a) Talks to a nun.
(b) Plays the organ.
(c) Lights a candle.
(d) Talks to a priest.
4. What does Annie beg of Dave?
(a) To take her and Alafair out of the country for a while.
(b) To re-join the police force so he can legally pursue the men.
(c) To leave the situation alone.
(d) To go to the FBI.
5. What sport does Dautrieve play in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave surmise about the occupants of the plane?
2. Where does Dave go after talking with Batist?
3. How does Dave seem to feel among the underworld elements of his city?
4. To whom does Dave hand the girl?
5. What does Dautrieve tell Dave about Eddie Keats?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Dave and Annie go when they dock their boat?
2. What is an indication of Robin's possibly over drinking?
3. What does Dave learn when he sees Dautrieve the day after the bayou incident?
4. What do Dave and Annie do with the young girl they name Alafair?
5. Where does Dave go after a phone call from Batist?
6. What does Dave learn from Robin before she leaves town?
7. What do Dave and Annie witness as they are about to have lunch?
8. What do Dave and Annie do in response to the event they witness?
9. Who calls Dave and what does he want?
10. What does Dave find out from Robin?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)