|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie doing on the boat when Dave spots a plane?
(a) Changing the oil on the engine.
(b) Making lunch.
(c) Reeling in a fish.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
2. Why is Dave admitted to the hospital?
(a) To recover from his beating.
(b) He is not admitted, just treated.
(c) To do a CAT scan on his head.
(d) To observe him for internal injuries.
3. Why does Dave ask for assistance?
(a) To learn Spanish.
(b) To hold a family conversation.
(c) To spirit his new daughter out of the country.
(d) To learn how to adopt this new daughter legally.
4. Who is Minos Dautrieve?
(a) Robin's pimp.
(b) The police chief.
(c) A drug enforcement agency agent.
(d) Annie's supervisor.
5. From where is Annie?
(a) North Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Dave and Annie been married?
2. For whom does Keats occasionally work?
3. What happens to the aircraft?
4. How might Dave and Bubba's relationship be characterized?
5. Who did Claudette once date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Annie Robicheaux.
2. What do Dave and Annie witness as they are about to have lunch?
3. What do Dave and Annie do with the young girl they name Alafair?
4. What do Dave and Annie do in response to the event they witness?
5. Describe Minos P. Dautrieve.
6. What are Dave and Annie doing when the novel opens?
7. Briefly describe Robin Gaddis.
8. How does Dave begin his investigation?
9. Where do Dave and Annie go when they dock their boat?
10. What does Dave learn from Robin before she leaves town?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)