|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Dave and Annie at the opening of the novel?
(a) In the Gulf off Tampa Bay.
(b) In the Southwest United States near the Mexican border.
(c) In Galveston, Texas.
(d) Off Southwest pass in New Iberia, Louisiana.
2. How might Dave and Bubba's relationship be characterized?
(a) Close friends.
(d) Complex and subtle.
3. What does Dave conclude about the local sheriff?
(a) He is taking bribes.
(b) He has no intention of doing anything about the beating.
(c) He does not believe Dave.
(d) He is in with Toots.
4. Of what heritage is Dave's father?
5. Who is Eddie Keats?
(a) An INS agent.
(b) Dautrieve's partner.
(c) Probably one of the men watching Dave's house.
(d) A New Orleans detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie tell Dave to do?
2. Upon whom does Dave reflect while at church?
3. How is Robin punished?
4. Why is Dave admitted to the hospital?
5. What does Dave surmise about the occupants of the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dave think about as he is sitting in church and what are his thoughts on the subject?
2. Describe Annie Robicheaux.
3. What does Dave conclude about the incident in the bayou?
4. How do Dave and Annie learn more about Alafair?
5. Who does Dave ask to watch Annie and the house and give a brief description of the person.
6. Briefly describe Robin Gaddis.
7. Where does Dave go after a phone call from Batist?
8. What does Dave find out from Robin?
9. Why does Dave visit Robin?
10. Describe Dave Robicheaux.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)