|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave surmise about the occupants of the plane?
(a) None are older than about 25.
(b) They are all related.
(c) They are very wealthy.
(d) They must be illegal immigrants.
2. What does Annie tell Dave to do?
(a) Call his buddy on the police force.
(b) Threaten the men.
(c) Take no further interest in the situation.
(d) Follow the men.
3. What does Annie do as Dave moves the boat?
(a) Waves a flag to greet the plane's occupants.
(b) Gets out the first aid kit.
(c) Gets a gaffing hook to grab the package.
(d) Calls the Coast Guard.
4. Of what does the tattoo remind Dave?
(a) A tattoo he saw on an NBC special.
(b) Something from his wartime days.
(c) A picture he saw in a police blotter.
5. What is Annie doing on the boat when Dave spots a plane?
(a) Cooking breakfast.
(b) Changing the oil on the engine.
(c) Making lunch.
(d) Reeling in a fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Monroe?
2. What does Jerry deny?
3. What happens when Dave turns his back on a man he is helping?
4. What does Dave do when he returns home?
5. What does Dave arrange for Robin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an indication of Robin's possibly over drinking?
2. What does Dave conclude about the incident in the bayou?
3. What does Annie see down the street and what does Dave do about it?
4. Describe Minos P. Dautrieve.
5. What are Dave and Annie doing when the novel opens?
6. Where do Dave and Annie go when they dock their boat?
7. What do Dave and Annie witness as they are about to have lunch?
8. What do Dave and Annie do in response to the event they witness?
9. Describe Dave's visit to Bubba.
10. Why does Dave visit Robin?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)