|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudette get angry?
(a) Dave rejects her proposition.
(b) Dave tells her he is tailing her.
(c) Dave won't speak to her.
(d) Dave insults her.
2. Where do Dave and Annie meet with Claudette?
(a) The casino.
(b) A local baseball game.
(c) A football game.
(d) The stripper bar.
3. What does Dave start doing?
(a) Working again as a policeman.
(b) Going to AA.
(c) Drinking every day.
(d) Getting himself in shape so he can be ready when he finds Annie's killers.
4. What does Bubba believe about Dave?
(a) He had put out a contract on Bubba.
(b) He thinks Bubba is responsible for killing Annie.
(c) He had ratted on Bubba to the wrong men.
(d) He had sex with Claudette.
5. Upon whom does Dave call?
(d) His cousin.
6. How does Cecil come to regard Dave?
(a) With contempt.
(b) With respect.
(c) With awe.
(d) With indifference.
7. How many laundry facilities does Dave eliminate?
8. Who is found shot through the heart?
9. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Talk to the neighbors.
(b) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
(c) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
(d) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
10. Why is the visitor there?
(a) Alafair wants to come back and stay with Dave.
(b) Bubba cannot find Claudette.
(c) Robin has been fired from a job.
(d) Batist needs help with a boat
11. What does Dave realize about Romero?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He has cut his beard and dyed his hair.
(c) He is armed.
(d) He is unarmed.
12. Where does Dave go to find Robin?
(b) Boca Raton.
(d) Key West.
13. What does Jerry tell Dave about Romero?
(a) He is having surgery to alter his looks.
(b) He has a contract out on him by some big time bosses.
(c) He has a cousin who runs a laundry in New Orleans.
(d) He is about to skip the country.
14. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
(a) He is not involved in Annie's death.
(b) Bubba would not have come to the funeral if he is responsible for Annie's death.
(c) He is the kingpin behind Annie's death.
(d) Dave is not sure yet.
15. How is Annie killed?
(a) By two men with shotguns.
(b) Her brakes were tampered with and she drives into the bay.
(c) Her car explodes.
(d) She is kidnapped and later shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Dave become lovers?
2. What does Dave do?
3. What does Dave believe about the INS?
4. Who visits Dave later that night after Claudette?
5. Who is described as dim-witted?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)