|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudette want of Dave?
(a) A ride into town.
2. What does Dave want to do?
(a) Find Keats.
(b) Dive in the bay and retrieve Annie's body.
(c) Find Annie's kidnappers.
(d) Take his gun and go after the killers.
3. Why can't Dave be heard when he starts yelling?
(a) Because the men are already inside his house.
(b) Because the man running down the street naked is yelling.
(c) Because Annie is screaming.
(d) Because of the storm.
4. What do Claudette and Annie do when they meet?
(a) Size up each other.
(b) Make sarcastic comments to each other.
(c) Refuse to speak to the other woman.
(d) Find they instantly like each other.
5. What does Dave ask of Annie?
(a) To allow him to continue the investigation.
(b) To visit her hometown for a few weeks.
(c) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Canada.
(d) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Europe.
6. Who may cut a deal with the government?
7. What does Dave contemplate?
(a) Why he is so unhappy at the sheriff's office.
(b) Why Bubba would come to Dave for help.
(c) Why men fall in love with different types of women.
(d) Why Batist always seems to need him at the wrong moments.
8. What will the person receive from the government?
(a) A lump sum payment.
(b) Entry into the witness protection program.
(d) Up to three payments depending upon the quality of the information.
9. Where do Dave and Annie meet with Claudette?
(a) The casino.
(b) A football game.
(c) A local baseball game.
(d) The stripper bar.
10. With whom does Dave become lovers?
(a) No one; it's too soon after Annie's death.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His old high school sweetheart.
11. Where does Dave spot Romero?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a adult book store.
(c) In the Chinese food place next door to the laundry.
(d) Walking back to his apartment with a bag of groceries.
12. What happens when Dave is walking around his property one evening?
(a) He falls into a ditch while drunk.
(b) He is bound and tortured for information.
(c) He encounters a woman who says she is Alafair's aunt.
(d) A man attempts to murder him by shooting him with a high-power, scoped rifle.
13. How many laundry facilities does Dave eliminate?
14. What does Dave do to some strippers at Keats' bar?
(a) Intimidates them into leaving.
(b) Bribes them to quit.
(c) Sets them up for a drug bust by planting some coccaine.
(d) Arrests them.
15. What is Dave's best area as a cop?
(a) On the streets.
(d) Using the computer for research.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave go to New Orleans?
2. Why does Jerry help Dave with information about Romero?
3. What does Dave realize about Romero?
4. What does Bubba believe about Dave?
5. What does Dave do?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)