|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave spot Romero?
(a) In the Chinese food place next door to the laundry.
(b) Walking back to his apartment with a bag of groceries.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In a adult book store.
2. What is Cecil's ethnic background?
(b) A mixture of Cajun, Negro, and Chitimacha Indian.
3. Who visits Dave later that night after Claudette?
(b) His mother.
4. What occurs in New Iberia a few days after Annie and Dave meet Claudette?
(a) A Brinks truck robbery.
(b) A storm.
(c) A triple murder.
(d) A huge bank heist.
5. What does Romero do when he sees Dave?
(a) Locks himself in the bedroom.
(b) Jumps out a closed window.
(c) Runs to another room and starts blasting away with a shotgun.
(d) Shoots himself.
6. Why is the visitor there?
(a) Bubba cannot find Claudette.
(b) Robin has been fired from a job.
(c) Batist needs help with a boat
(d) Alafair wants to come back and stay with Dave.
7. What does Dave see when he is wandering around outside?
(a) Two men get out and kill another one who is sitting in a car.
(b) A man running down the street with no clothes on carrying a shotgun.
(c) Annie running out of the house screaming.
(d) Two men open his door with a crowbar.
8. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
(a) In a daze.
(b) Murderously angry.
(c) Calm and resolute.
(d) Deeply depressed.
9. What does Monroe offer to Dave?
(b) Information as to where to find Keats.
(c) A way to gain revenge.
(d) A parttime job.
10. About what do Dave and Annie continue to argue?
(a) Keeping Alafair.
(b) Dave's being involved in the investigation of the plane crash.
(c) Officially reporting their having Alafair.
(d) Moving out of Louisianna to Annie's home state.
11. How many laundry facilities does Dave eliminate?
12. What is Dave's reply to Dautrieve?
(c) He is unwilling to respond.
(d) Only one man.
13. Why does Romero call Dave?
(a) He does not call Dave directly.
(b) To ask Dave to cooperate with the authorities.
(c) To tell him he will never catch him.
(d) To ask for information.
14. What does Dave learn about Claudette from Dautrieve?
(a) That she has a sister who is a Catholic nun at the school where Alafair is attending.
(b) That she has moved to Florida for sure.
(c) That she has been murdered in a hit-style execution.
(d) That she is bisexual and connected with various figures in the world of crime.
15. What does Dave contemplate?
(a) Why men fall in love with different types of women.
(b) Why Bubba would come to Dave for help.
(c) Why he is so unhappy at the sheriff's office.
(d) Why Batist always seems to need him at the wrong moments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is found shot through the heart?
2. Who may cut a deal with the government?
3. What call does Dave get to investigate?
4. What will the person receive from the government?
5. What does Romero tell Dave as Romero is dying?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)