|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
(a) Bubba would not have come to the funeral if he is responsible for Annie's death.
(b) He is the kingpin behind Annie's death.
(c) Dave is not sure yet.
(d) He is not involved in Annie's death.
2. What happens when Dave is walking around his property one evening?
(a) He encounters a woman who says she is Alafair's aunt.
(b) He falls into a ditch while drunk.
(c) He is bound and tortured for information.
(d) A man attempts to murder him by shooting him with a high-power, scoped rifle.
3. Who arrives after Annie is killed?
(a) The INS agents.
(c) The cops.
4. Why does Dave fire up through the ceiling?
(a) He wants to signal the cops.
(b) He wants to scare Romero.
(c) He sees floorboards flexing.
(d) He does not shoot the ceiling, just the window.
5. What occurs in New Iberia a few days after Annie and Dave meet Claudette?
(a) A storm.
(b) A triple murder.
(c) A huge bank heist.
(d) A Brinks truck robbery.
6. Who is sitting on Dave's porch a few days later?
7. What do Claudette and Annie do when they meet?
(a) Find they instantly like each other.
(b) Refuse to speak to the other woman.
(c) Make sarcastic comments to each other.
(d) Size up each other.
8. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
(b) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
(c) Talk to the neighbors.
(d) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
9. Why is the visitor there?
(a) Bubba cannot find Claudette.
(b) Alafair wants to come back and stay with Dave.
(c) Robin has been fired from a job.
(d) Batist needs help with a boat
10. Why does Dave go to New Orleans?
(a) He wants to access police records there.
(b) He is assigned a two-day stint there.
(c) He goes there to drink so he is not seen in New Iberia drinking.
(d) He wants to find a permanent home for Alafair.
11. What does Dave do?
(a) Hires Robin to work at his boat shop.
(b) Tells Alafair she can live with him.
(c) Goes out right away to the Inlet to help Batist.
(d) Tells Bubba he does not care.
12. Of what does Dautrieve warn Dave?
(a) To stay out of the case as the INS men could be trouble.
(b) That Keats has died and Dave is a suspect.
(c) That Keats has taken a contract out on Dave.
(d) That some of the police detectives know about Alafair.
13. What does Dave ask of Annie?
(a) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Europe.
(b) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Canada.
(c) To allow him to continue the investigation.
(d) To visit her hometown for a few weeks.
14. What does Dave contemplate?
(a) Why men fall in love with different types of women.
(b) Why Bubba would come to Dave for help.
(c) Why he is so unhappy at the sheriff's office.
(d) Why Batist always seems to need him at the wrong moments.
15. Why does Romero call Dave?
(a) To ask for information.
(b) He does not call Dave directly.
(c) To ask Dave to cooperate with the authorities.
(d) To tell him he will never catch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is just arriving at Dave's house one day as he drives up?
2. What is found later that Dave goes to investigate?
3. About what do Dave and Annie continue to argue?
4. Who may cut a deal with the government?
5. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)