|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave realize about Romero?
(a) He is armed.
(b) He has cut his beard and dyed his hair.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is unarmed.
2. What does Dave start doing?
(a) Drinking every day.
(b) Working again as a policeman.
(c) Going to AA.
(d) Getting himself in shape so he can be ready when he finds Annie's killers.
3. What bothers Dave a great deal about his job?
(a) Arresting people who commit victimless crimes.
(b) Being confined to one small patrol area.
(c) The paperwork.
(d) Thinking of Annie everytime he sees a shotgun.
4. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
(b) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
(c) Talk to the neighbors.
(d) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
5. What does Monroe offer to Dave?
(a) A parttime job.
(b) Information as to where to find Keats.
(c) A way to gain revenge.
6. What does Dave want to do?
(a) Find Annie's kidnappers.
(b) Dive in the bay and retrieve Annie's body.
(c) Find Keats.
(d) Take his gun and go after the killers.
7. Why does Dave go to New Orleans?
(a) He wants to find a permanent home for Alafair.
(b) He goes there to drink so he is not seen in New Iberia drinking.
(c) He wants to access police records there.
(d) He is assigned a two-day stint there.
8. Who is sitting on Dave's porch a few days later?
9. How is Annie killed?
(a) Her car explodes.
(b) By two men with shotguns.
(c) She is kidnapped and later shot.
(d) Her brakes were tampered with and she drives into the bay.
10. Why can't Dave be heard when he starts yelling?
(a) Because the man running down the street naked is yelling.
(b) Because of the storm.
(c) Because Annie is screaming.
(d) Because the men are already inside his house.
11. Why does Dave call Dautrieve?
(a) To tell him they are moving.
(b) To ask if Dautrieve will help him and Annie adopt Alafair.
(c) To report he is still being harrassed.
(d) To gain information.
12. What does Dave do when Keats comes into the bar?
(a) Hits him on the side of the head with a pool cue.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) He does not come in as he is already dead.
(d) Handcuffs him and arrests him.
13. What call does Dave get to investigate?
(a) A dead man in a bathtub.
(b) A man who is badly beaten but still alive.
(c) A dead man in a dumpster.
(d) About a drug find.
14. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
(a) Murderously angry.
(b) Calm and resolute.
(c) In a daze.
(d) Deeply depressed.
15. Upon whom does Dave call?
(a) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as dim-witted?
2. Why is the visitor there?
3. Why does Jerry help Dave with information about Romero?
4. What do Dave and Bubba do on a street corner?
5. What does Dave believe about the INS?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)