|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Dave become lovers?
(a) No one; it's too soon after Annie's death.
(b) His old high school sweetheart.
(d) His ex-wife.
2. Why does Jerry help Dave with information about Romero?
(a) He wants to get back at Bubba.
(b) For help on an arrest.
(c) He wants to get back at Claudette.
(d) He liked Annie and was sorry to see her killed.
3. What occurs in New Iberia a few days after Annie and Dave meet Claudette?
(a) A Brinks truck robbery.
(b) A huge bank heist.
(c) A storm.
(d) A triple murder.
4. What does Dave see when he is wandering around outside?
(a) A man running down the street with no clothes on carrying a shotgun.
(b) Two men open his door with a crowbar.
(c) Two men get out and kill another one who is sitting in a car.
(d) Annie running out of the house screaming.
5. What does Dave learn about Claudette from Dautrieve?
(a) That she has a sister who is a Catholic nun at the school where Alafair is attending.
(b) That she has moved to Florida for sure.
(c) That she has been murdered in a hit-style execution.
(d) That she is bisexual and connected with various figures in the world of crime.
6. Why is the sheriff angry with Dave?
(a) He is not angry.
(b) Because he has tried to intimidate the wrong people.
(c) Because he does not answer his radio.
(d) Because he drove out of his patrol area.
7. Who is found shot through the heart?
8. Of what does Dautrieve warn Dave?
(a) To stay out of the case as the INS men could be trouble.
(b) That Keats has died and Dave is a suspect.
(c) That some of the police detectives know about Alafair.
(d) That Keats has taken a contract out on Dave.
9. Who is described as dim-witted?
(c) The sheriff.
10. What does Dave do to the escape vehicle?
(b) Throws a tire iron through the windshield.
(c) Jumps in it.
(d) Shoots it up.
11. What does Dave ask Robin?
(a) For help in caring for Alafair.
(b) If she will move in with him.
(c) For information about Keats and Toot.
(d) For information about Bubba.
12. Why does Dave fire up through the ceiling?
(a) He does not shoot the ceiling, just the window.
(b) He wants to signal the cops.
(c) He sees floorboards flexing.
(d) He wants to scare Romero.
13. What happens to Alafair?
(a) She is put in a foster home.
(b) She is adopted by another couple.
(c) She is sent back to her home country.
(d) She is cared for by different people in the community.
14. Where does Dave apply for a job?
(a) At the local sheriff's office.
(b) Back with the New Orleans police department.
(c) With the FBI.
(d) With the INS people to be able to track the killers.
15. Who goes fishing with Dave?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
2. What does Romero do when he sees Dave?
3. Why does Dave go to New Orleans?
4. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
5. What is Dave's best area as a cop?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)