|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave apply for a job?
(a) With the INS people to be able to track the killers.
(b) Back with the New Orleans police department.
(c) At the local sheriff's office.
(d) With the FBI.
2. What does Dave believe?
(a) He can again withdraw into a peaceful life.
(b) He should have stayed completely out of the situation to begin with.
(c) He is the only one who suspects a large-scale drug ring.
(d) He and Annie should move somewhere in the far west.
3. With whom does Dave become lovers?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) No one; it's too soon after Annie's death.
(d) His old high school sweetheart.
4. What does Dave realize about Romero?
(a) He is unarmed.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is armed.
(d) He has cut his beard and dyed his hair.
5. What is Dave's best area as a cop?
(b) On the streets.
(d) Using the computer for research.
6. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
(b) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
(c) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
(d) Talk to the neighbors.
7. Of what does Dautrieve warn Dave?
(a) That some of the police detectives know about Alafair.
(b) To stay out of the case as the INS men could be trouble.
(c) That Keats has died and Dave is a suspect.
(d) That Keats has taken a contract out on Dave.
8. What will the person receive from the government?
(a) Up to three payments depending upon the quality of the information.
(c) A lump sum payment.
(d) Entry into the witness protection program.
9. What does Dave ask Robin?
(a) For information about Bubba.
(b) For information about Keats and Toot.
(c) For help in caring for Alafair.
(d) If she will move in with him.
10. What does Dave do before returning to New Iberia?
(a) Calls his brother to help Dave find Annie's killers.
(b) Hires a hit man for Keats and Toot.
(c) Sends Alafair to Annie's parents.
(d) Sobers up some.
11. About what do Dave and Annie continue to argue?
(a) Moving out of Louisianna to Annie's home state.
(b) Dave's being involved in the investigation of the plane crash.
(c) Keeping Alafair.
(d) Officially reporting their having Alafair.
12. Why does Dave fire up through the ceiling?
(a) He wants to scare Romero.
(b) He does not shoot the ceiling, just the window.
(c) He wants to signal the cops.
(d) He sees floorboards flexing.
13. What does Dave do to the escape vehicle?
(a) Jumps in it.
(b) Throws a tire iron through the windshield.
(c) Shoots it up.
14. Who is described as dim-witted?
(d) The sheriff.
15. What happens to Alafair?
(a) She is sent back to her home country.
(b) She is cared for by different people in the community.
(c) She is put in a foster home.
(d) She is adopted by another couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Dave is walking around his property one evening?
2. What does Bubba believe about Dave?
3. Why is the sheriff angry with Dave?
4. Why does Dave go to New Orleans?
5. Where does Dave spot Romero?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)