|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave go to New Orleans?
(a) He wants to access police records there.
(b) He is assigned a two-day stint there.
(c) He goes there to drink so he is not seen in New Iberia drinking.
(d) He wants to find a permanent home for Alafair.
2. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
(a) Deeply depressed.
(b) In a daze.
(c) Calm and resolute.
(d) Murderously angry.
3. What does Dave do to the escape vehicle?
(a) Throws a tire iron through the windshield.
(c) Shoots it up.
(d) Jumps in it.
4. Who arrives after Annie is killed?
(a) The cops.
(b) The INS agents.
5. Where does Dave spot Romero?
(a) Walking back to his apartment with a bag of groceries.
(b) In the Chinese food place next door to the laundry.
(c) In a adult book store.
(d) In a bar.
6. Who goes fishing with Dave?
7. What does Dave do to some strippers at Keats' bar?
(a) Bribes them to quit.
(b) Sets them up for a drug bust by planting some coccaine.
(c) Intimidates them into leaving.
(d) Arrests them.
8. Why does Jerry help Dave with information about Romero?
(a) He liked Annie and was sorry to see her killed.
(b) For help on an arrest.
(c) He wants to get back at Claudette.
(d) He wants to get back at Bubba.
9. Of what does Dautrieve warn Dave?
(a) To stay out of the case as the INS men could be trouble.
(b) That Keats has died and Dave is a suspect.
(c) That some of the police detectives know about Alafair.
(d) That Keats has taken a contract out on Dave.
10. Who may cut a deal with the government?
11. What does Dave do before returning to New Iberia?
(a) Sobers up some.
(b) Calls his brother to help Dave find Annie's killers.
(c) Sends Alafair to Annie's parents.
(d) Hires a hit man for Keats and Toot.
12. What happens to Alafair?
(a) She is put in a foster home.
(b) She is adopted by another couple.
(c) She is cared for by different people in the community.
(d) She is sent back to her home country.
13. Why is the visitor there?
(a) Batist needs help with a boat
(b) Bubba cannot find Claudette.
(c) Alafair wants to come back and stay with Dave.
(d) Robin has been fired from a job.
14. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
(a) He is the kingpin behind Annie's death.
(b) He is not involved in Annie's death.
(c) Bubba would not have come to the funeral if he is responsible for Annie's death.
(d) Dave is not sure yet.
15. What is Cecil's ethnic background?
(a) A mixture of Cajun, Negro, and Chitimacha Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Dave and Annie continue to argue?
2. What is found later that Dave goes to investigate?
3. What does Dave ask of Annie?
4. What does Dave want to do?
5. What does Jerry tell Dave about Romero?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)