|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave do?
(a) Tells Alafair she can live with him.
(b) Hires Robin to work at his boat shop.
(c) Goes out right away to the Inlet to help Batist.
(d) Tells Bubba he does not care.
2. Who is Cecil Aguillard?
(a) The man who kills Annie.
(b) Dave's new partner.
(c) An INS agent.
(d) The man who kidnapps Annie.
3. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
(b) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
(c) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
(d) Talk to the neighbors.
4. What call does Dave get to investigate?
(a) A dead man in a bathtub.
(b) About a drug find.
(c) A dead man in a dumpster.
(d) A man who is badly beaten but still alive.
5. What is Dave's best area as a cop?
(a) Using the computer for research.
(c) On the streets.
6. Who is the man Dave goes to investigate?
7. What does Claudette say about her car?
(a) It threw a rod.
(b) It has a flat.
(c) It won't start.
(d) It is on fire.
8. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
(a) In a daze.
(b) Murderously angry.
(c) Deeply depressed.
(d) Calm and resolute.
9. Why does Dave go to New Orleans?
(a) He is assigned a two-day stint there.
(b) He wants to find a permanent home for Alafair.
(c) He goes there to drink so he is not seen in New Iberia drinking.
(d) He wants to access police records there.
10. Why does Claudette get angry?
(a) Dave rejects her proposition.
(b) Dave insults her.
(c) Dave tells her he is tailing her.
(d) Dave won't speak to her.
11. What does Dave contemplate?
(a) Why he is so unhappy at the sheriff's office.
(b) Why Bubba would come to Dave for help.
(c) Why men fall in love with different types of women.
(d) Why Batist always seems to need him at the wrong moments.
12. How many laundry facilities does Dave eliminate?
13. What does Romero tell Dave as Romero is dying?
(a) That he was out of town when Annie is killed.
(b) That he did not kill Annie; Keats did.
(c) That he killed Annie.
(d) That he is sorry for killing Annie.
14. What is Dave's reply to Dautrieve?
(a) He is unwilling to respond.
(c) Only one man.
15. What occurs in New Iberia a few days after Annie and Dave meet Claudette?
(a) A triple murder.
(b) A huge bank heist.
(c) A storm.
(d) A Brinks truck robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cecil's ethnic background?
2. Where does Dave go to find Robin?
3. Who arrives after Annie is killed?
4. Why can't Dave be heard when he starts yelling?
5. With whom does Dave become lovers?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)