|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon whom does Dave call?
(b) His cousin.
2. Who is just arriving at Dave's house one day as he drives up?
3. About what do Dave and Annie continue to argue?
(a) Moving out of Louisianna to Annie's home state.
(b) Officially reporting their having Alafair.
(c) Keeping Alafair.
(d) Dave's being involved in the investigation of the plane crash.
4. What is Cecil's ethnic background?
(b) A mixture of Cajun, Negro, and Chitimacha Indian.
5. What does Dave contemplate?
(a) Why men fall in love with different types of women.
(b) Why Batist always seems to need him at the wrong moments.
(c) Why Bubba would come to Dave for help.
(d) Why he is so unhappy at the sheriff's office.
6. What call does Dave get to investigate?
(a) A dead man in a dumpster.
(b) About a drug find.
(c) A dead man in a bathtub.
(d) A man who is badly beaten but still alive.
7. With whom does Dave become lovers?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) No one; it's too soon after Annie's death.
(c) His old high school sweetheart.
8. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
(a) Murderously angry.
(b) In a daze.
(c) Deeply depressed.
(d) Calm and resolute.
9. What does Romero do when he sees Dave?
(a) Shoots himself.
(b) Locks himself in the bedroom.
(c) Runs to another room and starts blasting away with a shotgun.
(d) Jumps out a closed window.
10. How is Annie killed?
(a) Her car explodes.
(b) She is kidnapped and later shot.
(c) Her brakes were tampered with and she drives into the bay.
(d) By two men with shotguns.
11. Why does Dave fire up through the ceiling?
(a) He does not shoot the ceiling, just the window.
(b) He sees floorboards flexing.
(c) He wants to scare Romero.
(d) He wants to signal the cops.
12. What does Dave do to some strippers at Keats' bar?
(a) Arrests them.
(b) Bribes them to quit.
(c) Intimidates them into leaving.
(d) Sets them up for a drug bust by planting some coccaine.
13. What does Dave do to the escape vehicle?
(a) Shoots it up.
(b) Jumps in it.
(c) Throws a tire iron through the windshield.
14. What does Dave want to do?
(a) Dive in the bay and retrieve Annie's body.
(b) Find Keats.
(c) Find Annie's kidnappers.
(d) Take his gun and go after the killers.
15. How many laundry facilities does Dave eliminate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave ask Robin?
2. What does Dave ask of Annie?
3. What will the person receive from the government?
4. Who may cut a deal with the government?
5. Who is described as dim-witted?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)