|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is just arriving at Dave's house one day as he drives up?
2. What does Dave do before returning to New Iberia?
(a) Sends Alafair to Annie's parents.
(b) Sobers up some.
(c) Hires a hit man for Keats and Toot.
(d) Calls his brother to help Dave find Annie's killers.
3. How does Cecil come to regard Dave?
(a) With awe.
(b) With indifference.
(c) With respect.
(d) With contempt.
4. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
(a) Murderously angry.
(b) In a daze.
(c) Calm and resolute.
(d) Deeply depressed.
5. Who is Cecil Aguillard?
(a) Dave's new partner.
(b) An INS agent.
(c) The man who kidnapps Annie.
(d) The man who kills Annie.
6. What does Dave see when he is wandering around outside?
(a) Annie running out of the house screaming.
(b) Two men open his door with a crowbar.
(c) A man running down the street with no clothes on carrying a shotgun.
(d) Two men get out and kill another one who is sitting in a car.
7. Who arrives after Annie is killed?
(a) The cops.
(d) The INS agents.
8. Why is the visitor there?
(a) Robin has been fired from a job.
(b) Bubba cannot find Claudette.
(c) Batist needs help with a boat
(d) Alafair wants to come back and stay with Dave.
9. What does Dave ask of Annie?
(a) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Canada.
(b) To visit her hometown for a few weeks.
(c) To allow him to continue the investigation.
(d) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Europe.
10. What does Dave do to some strippers at Keats' bar?
(a) Bribes them to quit.
(b) Arrests them.
(c) Sets them up for a drug bust by planting some coccaine.
(d) Intimidates them into leaving.
11. What does Jerry tell Dave about Romero?
(a) He is having surgery to alter his looks.
(b) He has a contract out on him by some big time bosses.
(c) He is about to skip the country.
(d) He has a cousin who runs a laundry in New Orleans.
12. What happens to Alafair?
(a) She is sent back to her home country.
(b) She is put in a foster home.
(c) She is cared for by different people in the community.
(d) She is adopted by another couple.
13. How many laundry facilities does Dave eliminate?
14. What does Dave believe about the INS?
(a) They do not care about Annie's death.
(b) They are investigating the wrong people.
(c) They are behind some of the events pertaining to the plane crash.
(d) They have a dirty agent.
15. What will the person receive from the government?
(b) Entry into the witness protection program.
(c) A lump sum payment.
(d) Up to three payments depending upon the quality of the information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudette want of Dave?
2. What occurs in New Iberia a few days after Annie and Dave meet Claudette?
3. What does Dave want to do?
4. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
5. What happens when Dave is walking around his property one evening?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)