|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave fire up through the ceiling?
(a) He wants to scare Romero.
(b) He wants to signal the cops.
(c) He sees floorboards flexing.
(d) He does not shoot the ceiling, just the window.
2. What happens when Dave is walking around his property one evening?
(a) He falls into a ditch while drunk.
(b) He is bound and tortured for information.
(c) He encounters a woman who says she is Alafair's aunt.
(d) A man attempts to murder him by shooting him with a high-power, scoped rifle.
3. What do Claudette and Annie do when they meet?
(a) Refuse to speak to the other woman.
(b) Make sarcastic comments to each other.
(c) Find they instantly like each other.
(d) Size up each other.
4. Who goes fishing with Dave?
5. What does Dautrieve ask Dave when Dautrieve calls?
(a) If Dave is involved in the deaths of Dave's enemies.
(b) If Dave wants to do a job for Dautrieve.
(c) If Dave wants to know where Annie's other killer is.
(d) If Dave will take him deep sea fishing.
6. Where do Dave and Annie meet with Claudette?
(a) A football game.
(b) A local baseball game.
(c) The casino.
(d) The stripper bar.
7. Who is found shot through the heart?
8. Of what does Dautrieve warn Dave?
(a) That some of the police detectives know about Alafair.
(b) That Keats has died and Dave is a suspect.
(c) To stay out of the case as the INS men could be trouble.
(d) That Keats has taken a contract out on Dave.
9. Why does Dave go to New Orleans?
(a) He wants to find a permanent home for Alafair.
(b) He goes there to drink so he is not seen in New Iberia drinking.
(c) He is assigned a two-day stint there.
(d) He wants to access police records there.
10. What does Dave ask Robin?
(a) For information about Bubba.
(b) For information about Keats and Toot.
(c) If she will move in with him.
(d) For help in caring for Alafair.
11. Why is Dave angry with Robin?
(a) She cleans the room where Annie was killed.
(b) She tells Alafair to call her Auntie.
(c) She takes Alafair out to where Dave does not think it safe.
(d) She has a friend over who is a prostitute.
12. Who may cut a deal with the government?
13. Where does Dave spot Romero?
(a) In the Chinese food place next door to the laundry.
(b) In a adult book store.
(c) In a bar.
(d) Walking back to his apartment with a bag of groceries.
14. Where does Dave apply for a job?
(a) Back with the New Orleans police department.
(b) With the INS people to be able to track the killers.
(c) At the local sheriff's office.
(d) With the FBI.
15. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
(b) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
(c) Talk to the neighbors.
(d) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave learn about Claudette from Dautrieve?
2. What does Dave do before returning to New Iberia?
3. Why does Romero call Dave?
4. What does Claudette say about her car?
5. What is Dave's best area as a cop?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)