|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave see when he is wandering around outside?
(a) Annie running out of the house screaming.
(b) Two men open his door with a crowbar.
(c) Two men get out and kill another one who is sitting in a car.
(d) A man running down the street with no clothes on carrying a shotgun.
2. What does Dave start doing?
(a) Drinking every day.
(b) Getting himself in shape so he can be ready when he finds Annie's killers.
(c) Going to AA.
(d) Working again as a policeman.
3. Who does Dave call later in the evening after talking with Dautrieve?
(b) The Catholic church.
4. What does Dave do at the only laundry facility he believes may be Romero's cousin's place?
(a) Stakes it out.
(b) Trashes the place.
(c) Plants a large amount of coccaine.
(d) Plants a bomb inside to go off when it is vacant in the middle of the night.
5. Where does Dave apply for a job?
(a) Back with the New Orleans police department.
(b) With the INS people to be able to track the killers.
(c) At the local sheriff's office.
(d) With the FBI.
6. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
(a) He is not involved in Annie's death.
(b) He is the kingpin behind Annie's death.
(c) Bubba would not have come to the funeral if he is responsible for Annie's death.
(d) Dave is not sure yet.
7. Who arrives after Annie is killed?
(c) The cops.
(d) The INS agents.
8. Who visits Dave later that night after Claudette?
(c) His mother.
9. What does Dave learn about Claudette from Dautrieve?
(a) That she has a sister who is a Catholic nun at the school where Alafair is attending.
(b) That she has been murdered in a hit-style execution.
(c) That she has moved to Florida for sure.
(d) That she is bisexual and connected with various figures in the world of crime.
10. Where does Dave spot Romero?
(a) In a adult book store.
(b) In the Chinese food place next door to the laundry.
(c) Walking back to his apartment with a bag of groceries.
(d) In a bar.
11. What does Dave do to some strippers at Keats' bar?
(a) Intimidates them into leaving.
(b) Bribes them to quit.
(c) Sets them up for a drug bust by planting some coccaine.
(d) Arrests them.
12. With whom does Dave become lovers?
(a) His ex-wife.
(c) His old high school sweetheart.
(d) No one; it's too soon after Annie's death.
13. Who goes fishing with Dave?
14. What will the person receive from the government?
(a) A lump sum payment.
(b) Entry into the witness protection program.
(d) Up to three payments depending upon the quality of the information.
15. What does Dave ask Robin?
(a) For information about Keats and Toot.
(b) For help in caring for Alafair.
(c) For information about Bubba.
(d) If she will move in with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found later that Dave goes to investigate?
2. Where do Dave and Annie meet with Claudette?
3. Why does Romero call Dave?
4. Who is just arriving at Dave's house one day as he drives up?
5. What does Dave do to the escape vehicle?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)