|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave see when he is wandering around outside?
(a) Two men open his door with a crowbar.
(b) Two men get out and kill another one who is sitting in a car.
(c) A man running down the street with no clothes on carrying a shotgun.
(d) Annie running out of the house screaming.
2. What does Dautrieve ask Dave when Dautrieve calls?
(a) If Dave will take him deep sea fishing.
(b) If Dave is involved in the deaths of Dave's enemies.
(c) If Dave wants to know where Annie's other killer is.
(d) If Dave wants to do a job for Dautrieve.
3. Why is the sheriff angry with Dave?
(a) Because he does not answer his radio.
(b) Because he drove out of his patrol area.
(c) Because he has tried to intimidate the wrong people.
(d) He is not angry.
4. With whom does Dave become lovers?
(a) His old high school sweetheart.
(b) No one; it's too soon after Annie's death.
(c) His ex-wife.
5. What does Dave ask of Annie?
(a) To visit her hometown for a few weeks.
(b) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Canada.
(c) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Europe.
(d) To allow him to continue the investigation.
6. How is Dave in the week after Annie is buried?
(a) Murderously angry.
(b) In a daze.
(c) Calm and resolute.
(d) Deeply depressed.
7. Where do Dave and Annie meet with Claudette?
(a) A local baseball game.
(b) A football game.
(c) The stripper bar.
(d) The casino.
8. What happens when Dave is walking around his property one evening?
(a) He encounters a woman who says she is Alafair's aunt.
(b) He is bound and tortured for information.
(c) A man attempts to murder him by shooting him with a high-power, scoped rifle.
(d) He falls into a ditch while drunk.
9. What does Monroe offer to Dave?
(a) Information as to where to find Keats.
(b) A parttime job.
(d) A way to gain revenge.
10. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
(a) He is the kingpin behind Annie's death.
(b) Dave is not sure yet.
(c) Bubba would not have come to the funeral if he is responsible for Annie's death.
(d) He is not involved in Annie's death.
11. What is found later that Dave goes to investigate?
(a) The escape vehile Dave had thrown the tire iron through the windshield.
(b) A vehicle that looks like one that was on Dave's street the night Annie is killed.
(d) The escape vehicle Dave had shot.
12. What does Claudette want of Dave?
(d) A ride into town.
13. What does Dave do to the escape vehicle?
(a) Throws a tire iron through the windshield.
(b) Shoots it up.
(d) Jumps in it.
14. Who is Cecil Aguillard?
(a) Dave's new partner.
(b) The man who kills Annie.
(c) The man who kidnapps Annie.
(d) An INS agent.
15. Where does Dave go to find Robin?
(b) Key West.
(d) Boca Raton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudette say about her car?
2. Why can't Dave be heard when he starts yelling?
3. Who is the man Dave goes to investigate?
4. How does Cecil come to regard Dave?
5. What does Dave do?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)