|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs in New Iberia a few days after Annie and Dave meet Claudette?
(a) A huge bank heist.
(b) A triple murder.
(c) A Brinks truck robbery.
(d) A storm.
2. Why is Dave angry with Robin?
(a) She cleans the room where Annie was killed.
(b) She tells Alafair to call her Auntie.
(c) She takes Alafair out to where Dave does not think it safe.
(d) She has a friend over who is a prostitute.
3. What does Romero do when he sees Dave?
(a) Runs to another room and starts blasting away with a shotgun.
(b) Jumps out a closed window.
(c) Locks himself in the bedroom.
(d) Shoots himself.
4. Who goes fishing with Dave?
5. What does Dave contemplate?
(a) Why men fall in love with different types of women.
(b) Why Bubba would come to Dave for help.
(c) Why he is so unhappy at the sheriff's office.
(d) Why Batist always seems to need him at the wrong moments.
6. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
(a) He is the kingpin behind Annie's death.
(b) Bubba would not have come to the funeral if he is responsible for Annie's death.
(c) He is not involved in Annie's death.
(d) Dave is not sure yet.
7. Who may cut a deal with the government?
8. About what do Dave and Annie continue to argue?
(a) Moving out of Louisianna to Annie's home state.
(b) Keeping Alafair.
(c) Officially reporting their having Alafair.
(d) Dave's being involved in the investigation of the plane crash.
9. What does Dave do to the escape vehicle?
(a) Shoots it up.
(b) Jumps in it.
(d) Throws a tire iron through the windshield.
10. Why does Jerry help Dave with information about Romero?
(a) He liked Annie and was sorry to see her killed.
(b) For help on an arrest.
(c) He wants to get back at Claudette.
(d) He wants to get back at Bubba.
11. What do Dave and the police do?
(a) Leave Romero's body for the detectives and leave.
(b) Talk to the neighbors.
(c) Search Romero's apartment for clues.
(d) Nothing; Dave does not call the police.
12. Who visits Dave later that night after Claudette?
(a) His mother.
13. How does Cecil come to regard Dave?
(a) With awe.
(b) With respect.
(c) With indifference.
(d) With contempt.
14. What bothers Dave a great deal about his job?
(a) Arresting people who commit victimless crimes.
(b) Thinking of Annie everytime he sees a shotgun.
(c) Being confined to one small patrol area.
(d) The paperwork.
15. Where does Dave spot Romero?
(a) In the Chinese food place next door to the laundry.
(b) In a adult book store.
(c) Walking back to his apartment with a bag of groceries.
(d) In a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Alafair?
2. What does Dave learn about Keats from Dautrieve?
3. What does Dave see when he is wandering around outside?
4. What does Dave do when Keats comes into the bar?
5. Who is described as dim-witted?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)