|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting on Dave's porch a few days later?
2. What does Dave believe about the INS?
(a) They do not care about Annie's death.
(b) They are investigating the wrong people.
(c) They have a dirty agent.
(d) They are behind some of the events pertaining to the plane crash.
3. What does Dave learn about Keats from Dautrieve?
(a) His connections to the underworld.
(b) That his mother lives down the street from Dave.
(c) Where to find him.
(d) That Keats has been murdered in a hit-style execution.
4. What does Dave do?
(a) Goes out right away to the Inlet to help Batist.
(b) Tells Alafair she can live with him.
(c) Tells Bubba he does not care.
(d) Hires Robin to work at his boat shop.
5. What is Cecil's ethnic background?
(b) A mixture of Cajun, Negro, and Chitimacha Indian.
6. Why can't Dave be heard when he starts yelling?
(a) Because of the storm.
(b) Because Annie is screaming.
(c) Because the men are already inside his house.
(d) Because the man running down the street naked is yelling.
7. How many laundry facilities does Dave eliminate?
8. Why does Claudette get angry?
(a) Dave won't speak to her.
(b) Dave insults her.
(c) Dave rejects her proposition.
(d) Dave tells her he is tailing her.
9. What does Dave learn about Claudette from Dautrieve?
(a) That she has moved to Florida for sure.
(b) That she has been murdered in a hit-style execution.
(c) That she has a sister who is a Catholic nun at the school where Alafair is attending.
(d) That she is bisexual and connected with various figures in the world of crime.
10. What does Dave realize about Romero?
(a) He has cut his beard and dyed his hair.
(b) He is unarmed.
(c) He is armed.
(d) He is injured.
11. What does Dave do before returning to New Iberia?
(a) Hires a hit man for Keats and Toot.
(b) Calls his brother to help Dave find Annie's killers.
(c) Sobers up some.
(d) Sends Alafair to Annie's parents.
12. Who does Dave call later in the evening after talking with Dautrieve?
(a) The Catholic church.
13. What does Dave start doing?
(a) Working again as a policeman.
(b) Going to AA.
(c) Drinking every day.
(d) Getting himself in shape so he can be ready when he finds Annie's killers.
14. What does Monroe offer to Dave?
(a) Information as to where to find Keats.
(b) A way to gain revenge.
(c) A parttime job.
15. Why is Dave angry with Robin?
(a) She tells Alafair to call her Auntie.
(b) She cleans the room where Annie was killed.
(c) She has a friend over who is a prostitute.
(d) She takes Alafair out to where Dave does not think it safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is just arriving at Dave's house one day as he drives up?
2. What does Bubba believe about Dave?
3. With whom does Dave become lovers?
4. Who is the man Dave goes to investigate?
5. What does Dave see when he is wandering around outside?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)