|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave start doing?
(a) Working again as a policeman.
(b) Drinking every day.
(c) Getting himself in shape so he can be ready when he finds Annie's killers.
(d) Going to AA.
2. Who does Dave call later in the evening after talking with Dautrieve?
(d) The Catholic church.
3. Upon whom does Dave call?
(c) His cousin.
4. What happens when Dave is walking around his property one evening?
(a) He falls into a ditch while drunk.
(b) He encounters a woman who says she is Alafair's aunt.
(c) He is bound and tortured for information.
(d) A man attempts to murder him by shooting him with a high-power, scoped rifle.
5. Why does Dave go to New Orleans?
(a) He is assigned a two-day stint there.
(b) He goes there to drink so he is not seen in New Iberia drinking.
(c) He wants to access police records there.
(d) He wants to find a permanent home for Alafair.
6. What does Monroe offer to Dave?
(a) Information as to where to find Keats.
(b) A way to gain revenge.
(c) A parttime job.
7. Who visits Dave later that night after Claudette?
(c) His mother.
8. Why can't Dave be heard when he starts yelling?
(a) Because of the storm.
(b) Because Annie is screaming.
(c) Because the men are already inside his house.
(d) Because the man running down the street naked is yelling.
9. What does Claudette want of Dave?
(a) A ride into town.
10. Where does Dave go to find Robin?
(b) Key West.
(d) Boca Raton.
11. With whom does Dave become lovers?
(a) No one; it's too soon after Annie's death.
(b) His old high school sweetheart.
(d) His ex-wife.
12. What does Dave contemplate?
(a) Why men fall in love with different types of women.
(b) Why he is so unhappy at the sheriff's office.
(c) Why Bubba would come to Dave for help.
(d) Why Batist always seems to need him at the wrong moments.
13. What does Dave see when he is wandering around outside?
(a) Two men open his door with a crowbar.
(b) Two men get out and kill another one who is sitting in a car.
(c) A man running down the street with no clothes on carrying a shotgun.
(d) Annie running out of the house screaming.
14. What do Claudette and Annie do when they meet?
(a) Make sarcastic comments to each other.
(b) Find they instantly like each other.
(c) Size up each other.
(d) Refuse to speak to the other woman.
15. What does Jerry tell Dave about Romero?
(a) He has a contract out on him by some big time bosses.
(b) He is having surgery to alter his looks.
(c) He has a cousin who runs a laundry in New Orleans.
(d) He is about to skip the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do?
2. Who goes fishing with Dave?
3. What call does Dave get to investigate?
4. What do Dave and Bubba do on a street corner?
5. What does Dave realize about Romero?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)