|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Romero call Dave?
(a) To ask Dave to cooperate with the authorities.
(b) He does not call Dave directly.
(c) To ask for information.
(d) To tell him he will never catch him.
2. Who is found shot through the heart?
3. Who is Cecil Aguillard?
(a) Dave's new partner.
(b) An INS agent.
(c) The man who kills Annie.
(d) The man who kidnapps Annie.
4. What does Dave see when he is wandering around outside?
(a) A man running down the street with no clothes on carrying a shotgun.
(b) Annie running out of the house screaming.
(c) Two men get out and kill another one who is sitting in a car.
(d) Two men open his door with a crowbar.
5. What happens to Alafair?
(a) She is adopted by another couple.
(b) She is put in a foster home.
(c) She is cared for by different people in the community.
(d) She is sent back to her home country.
6. What does Dave do at the only laundry facility he believes may be Romero's cousin's place?
(a) Plants a large amount of coccaine.
(b) Stakes it out.
(c) Plants a bomb inside to go off when it is vacant in the middle of the night.
(d) Trashes the place.
7. Why can't Dave be heard when he starts yelling?
(a) Because of the storm.
(b) Because the man running down the street naked is yelling.
(c) Because Annie is screaming.
(d) Because the men are already inside his house.
8. Why does Jerry help Dave with information about Romero?
(a) For help on an arrest.
(b) He liked Annie and was sorry to see her killed.
(c) He wants to get back at Bubba.
(d) He wants to get back at Claudette.
9. What is Cecil's ethnic background?
(a) A mixture of Cajun, Negro, and Chitimacha Indian.
10. Who goes fishing with Dave?
11. Why does Dave call Dautrieve?
(a) To report he is still being harrassed.
(b) To tell him they are moving.
(c) To gain information.
(d) To ask if Dautrieve will help him and Annie adopt Alafair.
12. What is found later that Dave goes to investigate?
(a) A vehicle that looks like one that was on Dave's street the night Annie is killed.
(b) The escape vehile Dave had thrown the tire iron through the windshield.
(c) The escape vehicle Dave had shot.
13. What does Dave contemplate?
(a) Why Bubba would come to Dave for help.
(b) Why he is so unhappy at the sheriff's office.
(c) Why men fall in love with different types of women.
(d) Why Batist always seems to need him at the wrong moments.
14. Where do Dave and Annie meet with Claudette?
(a) A football game.
(b) A local baseball game.
(c) The stripper bar.
(d) The casino.
15. What does Claudette say about her car?
(a) It won't start.
(b) It is on fire.
(c) It threw a rod.
(d) It has a flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave call later in the evening after talking with Dautrieve?
2. What does Dave learn about Claudette from Dautrieve?
3. What does Dave believe about the INS?
4. How many laundry facilities does Dave eliminate?
5. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)