|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave conclude about Bubba?
(a) He is not involved in Annie's death.
(b) Bubba would not have come to the funeral if he is responsible for Annie's death.
(c) He is the kingpin behind Annie's death.
(d) Dave is not sure yet.
2. What does Dave do when Keats comes into the bar?
(a) He does not come in as he is already dead.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Hits him on the side of the head with a pool cue.
(d) Handcuffs him and arrests him.
3. What happens to Alafair?
(a) She is sent back to her home country.
(b) She is adopted by another couple.
(c) She is cared for by different people in the community.
(d) She is put in a foster home.
4. What does Dave believe?
(a) He and Annie should move somewhere in the far west.
(b) He can again withdraw into a peaceful life.
(c) He is the only one who suspects a large-scale drug ring.
(d) He should have stayed completely out of the situation to begin with.
5. What does Dave do before returning to New Iberia?
(a) Sobers up some.
(b) Calls his brother to help Dave find Annie's killers.
(c) Hires a hit man for Keats and Toot.
(d) Sends Alafair to Annie's parents.
6. Who is the man Dave goes to investigate?
7. What does Dave ask of Annie?
(a) To visit her hometown for a few weeks.
(b) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Europe.
(c) To allow him to continue the investigation.
(d) To take Alafair and go into hiding in Canada.
8. Who is described as dim-witted?
(a) The sheriff.
9. What does Dave learn about Keats from Dautrieve?
(a) That Keats has been murdered in a hit-style execution.
(b) His connections to the underworld.
(c) That his mother lives down the street from Dave.
(d) Where to find him.
10. What does Romero tell Dave as Romero is dying?
(a) That he did not kill Annie; Keats did.
(b) That he is sorry for killing Annie.
(c) That he killed Annie.
(d) That he was out of town when Annie is killed.
11. Why is the sheriff angry with Dave?
(a) Because he does not answer his radio.
(b) Because he drove out of his patrol area.
(c) Because he has tried to intimidate the wrong people.
(d) He is not angry.
12. Why does Dave fire up through the ceiling?
(a) He does not shoot the ceiling, just the window.
(b) He sees floorboards flexing.
(c) He wants to scare Romero.
(d) He wants to signal the cops.
13. Who is found shot through the heart?
14. What happens when Dave is walking around his property one evening?
(a) He falls into a ditch while drunk.
(b) A man attempts to murder him by shooting him with a high-power, scoped rifle.
(c) He is bound and tortured for information.
(d) He encounters a woman who says she is Alafair's aunt.
15. What does Dave start doing?
(a) Drinking every day.
(b) Working again as a policeman.
(c) Going to AA.
(d) Getting himself in shape so he can be ready when he finds Annie's killers.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Dave become lovers?
2. What do Dave and Bubba do on a street corner?
3. What is Dave's best area as a cop?
4. What does Dave do at the only laundry facility he believes may be Romero's cousin's place?
5. Why is the visitor there?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)