• The novel opens with Dave and Annie Robicheaux fishing and shrimping off Southwest Pass new New Iberia, Louisiana.
• Dave and Anna are described and some past history is elaborated upon.
• Dave and Anna share a close, intimate relationship and a good marriage.
• A distressed aircraft comes in low over the water and the couple watches as the plane crashes into the water near them.
• Anna notifies the Coast Guard and Dave dives in to check the wreckage.
• Dave finds two women and two men in the plane and then notices a young girl who is still alive.
• Dave notices a green-and-red snake tattoo on the chest of one of the dead men and is reminded of something from Vietnam.
• Dave grabs the young girl, surfaces and hands her to Annie who revives the child.
• They take the little girl to the hospital who is discharged after...
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)