* The novel opens with Dave and Annie Robicheaux fishing and shrimping off Southwest Pass new New Iberia, Louisiana.
* Dave and Anna are described and some past history is elaborated upon.
* Dave and Anna share a close, intimate relationship and a good marriage.
* A distressed aircraft comes in low over the water and the couple watches as the plane crashes into the water near them.
* Anna notifies the Coast Guard and Dave dives in to check the wreckage.
* Dave finds two women and two men in the plane and then notices a young girl who is still alive.
* Dave notices a green-and-red snake tattoo on the chest of one of the dead men and is reminded of something from Vietnam.
* Dave grabs the young girl, surfaces and hands her to Annie who revives the child.
* They take the little girl to the hospital who is discharged after a...
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)