|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mick feeling at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Angry and bewildered.
(b) Sick and tired.
(c) Afraid and misunderstood.
(d) Angry and cheated.
2. Where is Antonapoulos when Mr. Singer goes to visit him at the asylum?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the infirmary.
(c) In a private room.
3. What changes about Mr. Singer after he learns the news at the asylum?
(a) He picks a fight with the staff at the asylum.
(b) He can't stop crying.
(c) He changes from mild-mannered to irritable and cold.
(d) He leaves everything behind and goes home.
4. Where does Mick go after work on August 21?
(a) The New York Cafe.
(c) The library.
(d) The movies.
5. What does Biff Brannon find in the bathroom closet?
(a) A bottle of pain pills.
(b) Alice's make-up.
(c) His wife's perfume.
(d) Toilet cleaner.
6. Where is Jake Blount running as he tries to escape his problem?
(a) To the New York Cafe.
(c) To the Kelly house to see Mr. Singer.
(d) Out of town.
7. What did Mr. Singer find out when he gets to the asylum?
(a) Antonapoulos has been released.
(b) His friend is quite ill.
(c) Antonapoulos has died.
(d) There are no visitors allowed.
8. What is Jack Blount's dream?
(a) He is riding on the flying-jenny.
(b) He is on a train.
(c) He is walking on a tightrope.
(d) He is walking in a crowd, carrying something.
9. What is the man named Simms trying to do to Jake Blount?
(a) Trying to convert him.
(b) Trying to steal his money.
(c) Trying to be his friend.
(d) Trying to join his cult.
10. How does Mr. Singer feel about his four routine visitors?
(a) He thinks they are all very foolish people.
(b) He is tired of hearing the same thing over and over.
(c) He wishes they would visit less often.
(d) It is better to be with them than to be alone too long.
11. How do Harry and Mick get the the Girl Scout camp?
(a) They ride a bicycle.
(b) They walk.
(c) The bus.
(d) Harry borrows his mother's car.
12. What grieves Dr. Copeland the most?
(a) He is too tired to care.
(b) He is going to miss his work.
(c) He is going away from his children.
(d) He has not accomplished what he had wanted to do.
13. Who finds Mr. Singer's dead body?
(a) Mr. Kelly.
(c) Biff Brannon.
(d) Mick Kelly.
14. By May, what does Mick spend an obsessive amount of time doing?
(a) Following, watching, or visiting Mr. Singer.
(b) Swimming, because it is so hot.
(c) Working at the New York Cafe.
(d) Looking for Harry to tell him she is okay.
15. What happens when Jake asks for the names of the guards that hurt Willie?
(a) Portia explains Willie agreed not to do certain things.
(b) He is told not to make trouble.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Willie is scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mick thinks about the last month, what two things can't she believe?
2. What happens when Mick talked to Mr. Singer about getting a job?
3. What is Dr. Copeland supposed to do on August 21, 1939?
4. Why does Portia suddenly take up drinking and arrive at her father's house drunk?
5. Who is the only person in Mick's "inside" room?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)