|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake say after Mr. Singer offers to share his room with him until he finds a place?
(a) He is not staying in town.
(b) He says yes.
(c) He preferred living alone.
(d) He has a place to stay.
2. What is Lucille preparing her daughter to do?
(a) Have an acting career.
(b) Find a rich husband.
(c) To be a beauty queen.
(d) Get into a good college.
3. Who is Spiros Antonapoulos?
(a) A chef at a Greek restaurant.
(b) He runs a candy store in the Southern town.
(c) An obese, dreamy Greek.
(d) Owner of a Greek grocery store.
4. What term does Dr. Copeland use that his daughter takes offense at?
(a) African Americans.
(c) Black People.
(d) Colored People.
5. What does Dr. Copeland do for his patients on Christmas day?
(a) He treats them to a free dinner.
(b) He doesn't do anything.
(c) He has a Christmas party.
(d) He gives them all a free check-up.
6. Where does Jake go with the fruit basket it purchased.
(a) To visit Biff Brannon.
(b) To work at the Sunny Dixie Show.
(c) To visit Mr. Singer.
(d) He found a picnic bench.
7. Where did Mick Kelly take her brothers on Sunday morning?
(a) To the church to look out from the steeple.
(b) To a big, haunted house.
(c) To a big, new house that was being built.
(d) To the playground to climb the sliding board.
8. What puzzles Biff Brannon so that he thinks about it late at night?
(a) Mick Kelly.
(b) Mr. Singer.
(c) Jake Blount.
9. What does Dr. Copeland try to teach Negro parents?
(a) Birth control.
(b) To read.
(d) Better hygiene.
10. Why did Mick say she wore shorts?
(a) She could climb trees better in shorts than a skirt.
(b) She thought it was too hot for long pants.
(c) She didn't want to look like her sisters or wear their hand-me-downs.
(d) She wanted to look like her brothers, not her sisters.
11. What does Jake ask the three men sitting on the step?
(a) If they knew a good fishing hole.
(b) If they had jobs.
(c) If they ever rode the flying-jinny.
(d) If they worked at the mill.
12. What does Antonapoulos seem most interested in doing?
(a) His friend, Singer.
(c) Playing chess.
13. What was the first thing Jake Blount says when he wakes in Mr. Singer's room?
(a) That he is thirsty.
(b) He asks where he is.
(c) That he has to use the bathroom.
(d) He asks what happened to him.
14. What is a flying-jinny?
(a) A coin operated horse.
(b) A model airplane.
(c) A machine that removes the seed from cotton.
(d) A merry-go-round.
15. How many people lived in the Kelly house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Copeland feel after the Christmas party?
2. When did Jake Blount arrive in town?
3. What is Singer's job?
4. What do Lucille and Biff both agree on?
5. What does part of Biff almost wish?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)