|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mick do in the afternoon after her conversation with Portia in the kitchen?
(a) Paced the hallways of the house.
(b) Went to the YWCA.
(c) Went outside to play.
(d) Walked up and down the street.
2. What does Mick do most nights?
(a) Works a part time job.
(b) Hides in the attic and looks at her secret box.
(c) Walks the streets alone.
(d) Drinks beer behind the house.
3. No matter what she is doing, what is always going on in the back of Mick's mind?
(a) Some kind of invention.
(b) A plan to run away when she turns seventeen.
(c) Some kind of piano piece.
(d) Some place she wants to travel.
4. What does Portia tell her father about Willie?
(a) Willie eloped with a woman Portia didn't like.
(b) Willie was beaten up and in the hospital.
(c) Willie got in a fight and cut a man with a razor.
(d) Willie ran off with the wife of another man.
5. What does Mick suddenly realize about her father in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) He felt useless.
(b) He felt cut off from his family.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) He felt lonesome.
6. What does Willie tell Biff Brannon happened to Jake Blount after he left the cafe?
(a) Jake was fighting with the police.
(b) Jake was beating his fists against a wall.
(c) Jake had been arrested for fighting.
(d) Jake was in a fight with two white men.
7. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what two people does Jake Blount picture himself sitting with at a table?
(a) Karl Marx and Mr. Singer.
(b) Mr. Singer and Biff Brannon.
(c) Mr. Singer and Jesus.
(d) Jesus and Karl Marx.
8. What does Dr. Benedict Copeland do in the evening when he doesn't have patients?
(a) He plays harmonica.
(b) He reads.
(c) He sings.
(d) He writes letters.
9. What magazine does Mick look at when she went to the library?
(a) Boy's Life.
(b) True Story.
(d) National Geographic.
10. What is the Sunny Dixie Show?
(a) A rodeo.
(b) A carnival.
(c) A revival.
(d) A dance hall.
11. Who does Mick "prom with" at her party?
(b) Sucker Wells.
(c) Harry Minowitz.
12. What is Lucille preparing her daughter to do?
(a) Have an acting career.
(b) To be a beauty queen.
(c) Find a rich husband.
(d) Get into a good college.
13. Who is Portia?
(a) The woman who cooks for the Kellys.
(b) A young woman who boards with them.
(c) A friend of Mick's from school.
(d) The daughter of the town banker.
14. When did Jake Blount arrive in town?
(a) May 15th.
(b) May 1st.
(c) June 15th.
(d) April 1st.
15. What is Antonapoulos's job?
(a) Selling candy on the sidewalk.
(b) A great chef in an expensive restaurant.
(c) He does not work.
(d) Making candy in his cousin's fruit store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Copeland go after the Christmas party?
2. Who does Dr. Copeland tell his guests about at the Christmas party?
3. What happens to Singer after Antonapoulos was gone?
4. What did Portia say about Mick that Mick knew was wrong?
5. Why did Mick say she wore shorts?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)