|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mick Kelly take her brothers on Sunday morning?
(a) To the playground to climb the sliding board.
(b) To a big, new house that was being built.
(c) To the church to look out from the steeple.
(d) To a big, haunted house.
2. What change does Mr. Singer see in his friend, Antonapoulos?
(a) He looks ill.
(b) He has lost some weight.
(c) He has gained more weight.
(d) He is more talkative.
3. Why is Dr. Copeland so interested in Mr. Singer?
(a) Because he he curious about the other man.
(b) Because Mr. Singer paid his daughter well for ironing his shirts.
(c) Because he has a deaf child as a patient.
(d) Because he never knew a person who was deaf and mute.
4. What does Portia tell her father about Willie?
(a) Willie eloped with a woman Portia didn't like.
(b) Willie got in a fight and cut a man with a razor.
(c) Willie was beaten up and in the hospital.
(d) Willie ran off with the wife of another man.
5. What does Jake tell Mr. Singer that he had once done to his hand?
(a) He nailed it to a table.
(b) He sprained it.
(c) He broke it in a fight.
(d) He put a stake through it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake spend the second night of the story?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what two people does Jake Blount picture himself sitting with at a table?
3. What type of things does Mick think about when she goes to her "inside room"?
4. In July, where does Mr. Singer go to visit his friend?
5. In the opening pages of Chapter 3, what are Mr. and Mrs. Brannon arguing about?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)