|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antonapoulos's job?
(a) Making candy in his cousin's fruit store.
(b) He does not work.
(c) Selling candy on the sidewalk.
(d) A great chef in an expensive restaurant.
2. What is Singer's job?
(a) A sign-language teacher at a special school.
(b) A chess master.
(c) An engraver in a jewelery store.
(d) A psychologist.
3. Who is Spiros Antonapoulos?
(a) Owner of a Greek grocery store.
(b) A chef at a Greek restaurant.
(c) An obese, dreamy Greek.
(d) He runs a candy store in the Southern town.
4. Who is Biff Brannon?
(a) The owner of the jewelry store where Singer works.
(b) The owner of the New York Cafe.
(c) A stranger in town no one likes.
(d) A retired teacher.
5. Where did Mick Kelly take her brothers on Sunday morning?
(a) To the church to look out from the steeple.
(b) To the playground to climb the sliding board.
(c) To a big, haunted house.
(d) To a big, new house that was being built.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she is introduced to the story, what time does Mick come into the restaurant ?
2. What is a flying-jinny?
3. Where does Singer move?
4. What does Singer like to read?
5. As she sat on the landing listening to Miss Brown's radio, where did Mick want be?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)