|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Portia?
(a) A friend of Mick's from school.
(b) The daughter of the town banker.
(c) The woman who cooks for the Kellys.
(d) A young woman who boards with them.
2. No matter what she is doing, what is always going on in the back of Mick's mind?
(a) Some kind of invention.
(b) A plan to run away when she turns seventeen.
(c) Some kind of piano piece.
(d) Some place she wants to travel.
3. Why did Mick say she wore shorts?
(a) She thought it was too hot for long pants.
(b) She didn't want to look like her sisters or wear their hand-me-downs.
(c) She could climb trees better in shorts than a skirt.
(d) She wanted to look like her brothers, not her sisters.
4. What was Jake Blount talking about when he was at the restaurant?
(a) A weird kind of politics.
(b) About everything and nothing.
(c) About religion.
(d) About doomsday.
5. Where does Jake spend the second night of the story?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In a chair in Mr. Singer's room.
(c) On a mattress on Mr. Singer's floor.
(d) On a park bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake Blount say about Mr. Singer after he first meets him?
2. On the second day of the story when he returns to Singer's apartment, what does Jake tell Mr. Singer about himself?
3. When did Jake Blount arrive in town?
4. What was Mick doing in her brother's room that upset her?
5. What is Antonapoulos's job?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)