Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Hill House in Chapter 7?
2. What does Eleanor come to believe she can hear?
3. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
4. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
5. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Eleanor the only one who can hear the small child singing her final night in the house? Why does Eleanor believes she can hear everything that is happening in the house? What impact does this imply about Eleanor? Is this what causes Eleanor to act strange later in the night?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Eleanor climb the spiral staircase? Is Eleanor attempting to kill herself? Why? Why does Eleanor do this now when she was afraid of the library before? What does this tell the others about Eleanor? Does this have an impact on Dr. Montague's decision to send Eleanor home?
Essay Topic 3
What is an unreliable narrator? Is Eleanor an unreliable narrator? How can you tell? What could the author have done differently to make the narrator more reliable? How does the author's choice of narrators impact the overall plot development?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)