Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Hill House in Chapter 7?
2. What does Eleanor come to believe she can hear?
3. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
4. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
5. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
Who is Luke Sanderson? Why is he invited to Dr. Montague's investigation of Hill House? What is Luke's reputation? Is this reputation accurate to Luke's personality? Who is responsible for the perpetuation of this reputation? Why?
Why is Eleanor the only one who can smell dirt in the library? What does this smell signify? Why is Eleanor afraid to go into the library? What happened in the library that could result in Eleanor's fear?
Why is Eleanor the only one who can hear the small child singing her final night in the house? Why does Eleanor believes she can hear everything that is happening in the house? What impact does this imply about Eleanor? Is this what causes Eleanor to act strange later in the night?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)