|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
2. Who stands at the door when the sound begins, trying to establish from which direction the sound is coming?
3. What character flaw does Luke tell Eleanor he suffers?
4. What does Luke find?
5. What is Theo's response to this request.
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Eleanor sit in the summer house?
2. Whom does Eleanor eavesdrop on to see if they are speaking about her?
3. What does Eleanor confess to Theo as they walk the grounds?
4. What does Theo confess when they return to the house?
5. Where does Theo spend the following night?
6. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
7. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
8. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
9. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
10. Who wants to move in with Theo after the summer. What does Theo say to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who died in Hill House? How? Who inherited the house upon the owner's death? What was the nature of the dispute between these owners? Who inherits the house upon the death of the second owner? What happens to this person? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the Sandersons? How did they come to own Hill House? Why do they not live in the house? Who has lived in the house over the past several years? What happened to those people?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Dr. Montague concerned about Eleanor's reaction to the house? Why has Dr. Montague invited her there? Why does Eleanor deny this incident? How does Dr. Montague expect Eleanor will be affected by the house?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)