|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor expect to feel under her feet as she goes back to Hill House?
2. What does Eleanor think of Luke's confession?
3. Where does Eleanor go after her conversation with Theo?
4. What does Theo confess she did while going back to Hill House?
5. What does Eleanor come to believe has fallen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
2. What do Eleanor and Theo talk about?
3. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
4. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
5. Where does Theo spend the following night?
6. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
7. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
8. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
9. What is Mrs. Montague's opinion of Dr. Montague's research thus far?
10. Who teases Eleanor about her relationship with Luke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Eleanor the only one who can hear the small child singing her final night in the house? Why does Eleanor believes she can hear everything that is happening in the house? What impact does this imply about Eleanor? Is this what causes Eleanor to act strange later in the night?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Theo? Why does Theo accept Dr. Montague's invitation to Hill House? Why does Dr. Montague invite her? What is significant about Theo's home life? How does this impact the reader's impression of Theo?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Dr. Montague concerned about Eleanor's reaction to the house? Why has Dr. Montague invited her there? Why does Eleanor deny this incident? How does Dr. Montague expect Eleanor will be affected by the house?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)