|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose call did Eleanor not heed the night of his/her death?
2. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
3. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
4. Who treats Luke like a servant?
5. Who does Eleanor eavesdrop on early in the afternoon outside the summer house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
2. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
3. What does Theo confess when they return to the house?
4. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
5. Whom does Eleanor eavesdrop on to see if they are speaking about her?
6. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
7. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
8. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
9. What does Eleanor say out loud after the crash sounds through the room?
10. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the Sandersons? How did they come to own Hill House? Why do they not live in the house? Who has lived in the house over the past several years? What happened to those people?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Mrs. Montague? Why does she show up at Hill House? What does Mrs. Montague plan to do there? What is significant about Mrs. Montague's treatment of her husband? Of his assistants? What is significant of Mrs. Montague's relationship with Mrs. Dudley?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the Dudleys? Why are they at Hill House? Why does Mr. Dudley try to frighten Eleanor away? Why does it not work? Why does Mrs. Dudley refuse to stay in the house after dark? Why is Mrs. Dudley unfriendly to Dr. Montague and his assistants?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)