|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Hill House in Chapter 7?
2. What does Eleanor come to believe she can hear?
3. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
4. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
5. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Luke Sanderson? Why is he invited to Dr. Montague's investigation of Hill House? What is Luke's reputation? Is this reputation accurate to Luke's personality? Who is responsible for the perpetuation of this reputation? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Who died in Hill House? How? Who inherited the house upon the owner's death? What was the nature of the dispute between these owners? Who inherits the house upon the death of the second owner? What happens to this person? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Dr. Montague, Mrs. Montague, and the others force Eleanor to go home? Is this because they do not like her anymore? Or is this for her protection? Why does Eleanor drive her car into a tree? Is this of Eleanor's own free will, or does it have something to do with the house? What is the significance of the tree Eleanor hits?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)