Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Hill House in Chapter 7?
2. What does Eleanor come to believe she can hear?
3. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
4. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
5. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
Essay Topic 1
Who are the Sandersons? How did they come to own Hill House? Why do they not live in the house? Who has lived in the house over the past several years? What happened to those people?
Essay Topic 2
What is an unreliable narrator? Is Eleanor an unreliable narrator? How can you tell? What could the author have done differently to make the narrator more reliable? How does the author's choice of narrators impact the overall plot development?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Luke Sanderson? Why is he invited to Dr. Montague's investigation of Hill House? What is Luke's reputation? Is this reputation accurate to Luke's personality? Who is responsible for the perpetuation of this reputation? Why?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)