Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Hill House in Chapter 7?
2. What does Eleanor come to believe she can hear?
3. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
4. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
5. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
Essay Topic 1
What is the sound Eleanor hears often at night? Why does Theo not always hear the sound even though the sound comes at one point while they share a room? How do these sounds affect Eleanor? What do these sounds say about Eleanor's relationship to the house? Whose hands was Eleanor holding the night she hears the sounds and believes Theo woke, but did not?
Essay Topic 2
What book does Luke find in the library that frightens him? What is the intention of this book? What is significant about the pictures in the book? What is significant about the signature in the book? What does all this say about the person who wrote the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is theme? What are some of the themes of this novel? Describe each in a short sentence, using quotes from the novel to support your argument. How does the theme influence the development of the novel?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)