|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who befriends Mrs. Dudley?
2. What is Eleanor surprised to see when she wakes?
3. Who follows Eleanor?
4. Who refuses to allow the group to linger over their breakfast?
5. What does Theo confess she did while going back to Hill House?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Montague concerned that everyone is happy?
2. Where does Theo spend the following night?
3. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
4. Who teases Eleanor about her relationship with Luke?
5. What does Eleanor confess to Theo as they walk the grounds?
6. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
7. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
8. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
9. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
10. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the Dudleys? Why are they at Hill House? Why does Mr. Dudley try to frighten Eleanor away? Why does it not work? Why does Mrs. Dudley refuse to stay in the house after dark? Why is Mrs. Dudley unfriendly to Dr. Montague and his assistants?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the Sandersons? How did they come to own Hill House? Why do they not live in the house? Who has lived in the house over the past several years? What happened to those people?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Dr. Montague concerned about Eleanor's reaction to the house? Why has Dr. Montague invited her there? Why does Eleanor deny this incident? How does Dr. Montague expect Eleanor will be affected by the house?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)