Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hill House affect Eleanor?
2. How many children did Hugh Crain have?
3. What does Eleanor say as she wakes from a dream?
4. What does Eleanor think of Luke when they first meet?
5. Who arrives at Hill House behind Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
2. Why does Eleanor leave her room in the middle of the night?
3. What does Theo encourage Eleanor to do more?
4. Who is Luke Sanderson?
5. What does Dr. Montague say he expects of his assistants during the summer?
6. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
7. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
8. Who are the Dudleys?
9. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
10. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
Who died in Hill House? How? Who inherited the house upon the owner's death? What was the nature of the dispute between these owners? Who inherits the house upon the death of the second owner? What happens to this person? Why?
Who is Mrs. Montague? Why does she show up at Hill House? What does Mrs. Montague plan to do there? What is significant about Mrs. Montague's treatment of her husband? Of his assistants? What is significant of Mrs. Montague's relationship with Mrs. Dudley?
What is the nature between Eleanor and Luke? Does Eleanor like Luke? Why does Eleanor doubt Luke's sincerity when he tells her about his mother? Is Eleanor's perception of Luke affected by the house?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)