Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hill House affect Eleanor?
2. How many children did Hugh Crain have?
3. What does Eleanor say as she wakes from a dream?
4. What does Eleanor think of Luke when they first meet?
5. Who arrives at Hill House behind Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
2. Why does Eleanor leave her room in the middle of the night?
3. What does Theo encourage Eleanor to do more?
4. Who is Luke Sanderson?
5. What does Dr. Montague say he expects of his assistants during the summer?
6. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
7. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
8. Who are the Dudleys?
9. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
10. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
What is the nature of the relationship between Eleanor and Theo? Are they friends? Is there sexual tension between them? Why does this relationship begin to turn sour? Is Theo truly mean to Eleanor, or is this just something Eleanor perceives because of the house?
What is an unreliable narrator? Is Eleanor an unreliable narrator? How can you tell? What could the author have done differently to make the narrator more reliable? How does the author's choice of narrators impact the overall plot development?
Why does Eleanor climb the spiral staircase? Is Eleanor attempting to kill herself? Why? Why does Eleanor do this now when she was afraid of the library before? What does this tell the others about Eleanor? Does this have an impact on Dr. Montague's decision to send Eleanor home?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)