Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hill House affect Eleanor?
2. How many children did Hugh Crain have?
3. What does Eleanor say as she wakes from a dream?
4. What does Eleanor think of Luke when they first meet?
5. Who arrives at Hill House behind Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
2. Why does Eleanor leave her room in the middle of the night?
3. What does Theo encourage Eleanor to do more?
4. Who is Luke Sanderson?
5. What does Dr. Montague say he expects of his assistants during the summer?
6. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
7. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
8. Who are the Dudleys?
9. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
10. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Mrs. Montague? Why does she show up at Hill House? What does Mrs. Montague plan to do there? What is significant about Mrs. Montague's treatment of her husband? Of his assistants? What is significant of Mrs. Montague's relationship with Mrs. Dudley?
Essay Topic 2
What book does Luke find in the library that frightens him? What is the intention of this book? What is significant about the pictures in the book? What is significant about the signature in the book? What does all this say about the person who wrote the book?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Theo? Why does Theo accept Dr. Montague's invitation to Hill House? Why does Dr. Montague invite her? What is significant about Theo's home life? How does this impact the reader's impression of Theo?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)