|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor hear while walking alone by the brook?
(a) A child singing.
(b) A voice in her mind.
(c) A child laughting.
(d) Luke and Theo's thoughts.
2. What does Luke find in the library in Chapter 6?
(a) A book on the history of Hillsdale.
(b) A fictional book written by Hugh Crain.
(c) A photo album of the Crain family.
(d) A handmade scrapbook.
3. Where does Luke go alone after breakfast?
(a) To ask Mrs. Dudley for another pot of coffee.
(b) To investigate the cold spot a little more.
(c) To take a walk on the grounds.
(d) To town for supplies.
4. Where does Arthur plan to spend the night?
(a) In the nursery.
(b) In Dr. Montague's room.
(c) Patroling the corridor outside the nursery.
(d) In the library.
5. Who looks forward to owning Hill House?
(a) Dr. Montague
(b) Mrs. Montague
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arthur?
2. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
3. Who does Eleanor decide she will not allow to go out of her life?
4. What is Eleanor surprised to see when she wakes?
5. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)