|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Dr. Montague not do with the cold spot that he desperately wants to do?
(a) Explain it scientifically.
(b) Measure it.
(c) Remove the cold spot.
(d) Get an accurate temperature reading of the cold spot.
2. Who takes charge when Theo becomes hysterical over the state of her room?
(b) Mrs. Dudley
(c) Dr. Montague
3. Where do Luke and Eleanor go to spend an afternoon alone in chapter 6?
(a) The summer house
(b) The basement
(c) The garden
(d) The tower
4. Who insists on sleeping in the nursery?
(a) Mrs. Montague
(b) Theo's girlfriend
(c) Eleanor's sister
(d) Mrs. Dudley
5. What character flaw does Luke tell Eleanor he suffers?
(a) Conceit and narcisism.
(b) Selfishness and immaturity.
(c) Selfishness and conceit.
(d) Cowardess and weakness of character.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Hill House in Chapter 7?
2. What does Theo accuse Eleanor of doing?
3. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
4. Who is Arthur?
5. Who befriends Mrs. Dudley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
2. Why is Dr. Montague concerned that everyone is happy?
3. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
4. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
5. Who wants to move in with Theo after the summer. What does Theo say to this?
6. What does Theo confess when they return to the house?
7. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
8. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
9. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
10. What warning does Dr. Montague address directly to Eleanor?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)