|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the signature in the book Luke found?
(a) It is the signiture of a famous ghost hunter.
(b) It is a fake.
(c) It is written in blood.
(d) It is written in invisible ink.
2. What does Theo tease Eleanor about in Chapter 6?
(a) Her distaste toward the book Luke found.
(b) Her budding relationship with Luke.
(c) Her reserved behavior.
(d) Her unattractive wardrobe.
3. Whose call did Eleanor not heed the night of his/her death?
(a) Her father's
(b) Her mother's
(c) Her neice's
(d) Her sister's
4. Who insists on sleeping in the nursery?
(a) Theo's girlfriend
(b) Eleanor's sister
(c) Mrs. Montague
(d) Mrs. Dudley
5. What is the cause of Eleanor's sudden happiness?
(c) Dr. Montague
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor say as she wakes?
2. What does Theo confess she did while going back to Hill House?
3. Who suggests a walk to the brook?
4. Who is Arthur?
5. Why does Theo tease Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who teases Eleanor about her relationship with Luke?
2. What does Luke find written in the hallway?
3. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
4. Why is Dr. Montague concerned that everyone is happy?
5. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
6. What does Eleanor confess to Theo as they walk the grounds?
7. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
8. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
9. What is Mrs. Montague's opinion of Dr. Montague's research thus far?
10. What warning does Dr. Montague address directly to Eleanor?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)