|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theo's response to this request.
(a) Yes, she needs help with the rent.
(b) Yes, it will be fun.
(c) She has a roommate already.
(d) She believes they should all go back to their own lives.
2. What does Eleanor hear while walking alone by the brook?
(a) A child laughting.
(b) Luke and Theo's thoughts.
(c) A child singing.
(d) A voice in her mind.
3. What does Eleanor come to believe she can hear?
(a) Everything those around her think.
(b) Everything in the house.
4. Who takes charge when Theo becomes hysterical over the state of her room?
(a) Mrs. Dudley
(d) Dr. Montague
5. Who takes Eleanor to get dressed?
(b) Mrs. Dudley
(d) Dr. Montague
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor say as she wakes?
2. What is the cause of Eleanor's sudden happiness?
3. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
4. What impedes their investigation of the cold spot?
5. Why does Eleanor say she is not frightened by the state of Theo's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Montague concerned that everyone is happy?
2. Who wants to move in with Theo after the summer. What does Theo say to this?
3. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
4. What do Eleanor and Theo talk about?
5. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
6. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
7. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
8. What does Theo confess when they return to the house?
9. What does Eleanor confess to Theo as they walk the grounds?
10. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)