|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
(a) Mrs. Dudley
(b) Eleanor's sister
(c) Mrs. Montague
(d) Theo's girlfriend
2. What does Luke tell Eleanor about his mother?
(a) Luke says he never had a mother.
(b) Luke says he dislikes his mother.
(c) Luke says his mother abandoned him as a child.
(d) Luke says his mother abused him as a child.
3. Who refuses to allow the group to linger over their breakfast?
(a) Mrs. Montague.
(c) Mrs. Dudley.
4. Who follows Eleanor?
(b) Dr. Montague
(d) Mrs. Dudley
5. Why do Dr. Montague and Luke believe Theo accuses Eleanor?
(a) To take her focus away from her fear.
(b) Because she hates Eleanor.
(c) Because she really believes it.
(d) To distract her while they slip her a calming drug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes charge when Theo becomes hysterical over the state of her room?
2. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
3. What do Mrs. Montague and Arthur report hearing the night before?
4. What impedes their investigation of the cold spot?
5. Who insists on sleeping in the nursery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Theo spend the following night?
2. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
3. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
4. Whom does Eleanor eavesdrop on to see if they are speaking about her?
5. What does Luke find written in the hallway?
6. What does Eleanor say out loud after the crash sounds through the room?
7. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
8. Who teases Eleanor about her relationship with Luke?
9. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
10. What does Theo confess when they return to the house?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)