|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes angry when the planchette refuses to speak?
(a) Dr. Montague
(b) Mrs. Montague
2. What can Dr. Montague not do with the cold spot that he desperately wants to do?
(a) Get an accurate temperature reading of the cold spot.
(b) Explain it scientifically.
(c) Measure it.
(d) Remove the cold spot.
3. Who does Eleanor decide she will not allow to go out of her life?
(b) Dr. Montague
4. How do Eleanor and the others feel when they wake up?
5. What does Eleanor come to believe she can hear?
(b) Everything those around her think.
(d) Everything in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Montague believe has caused these feelings?
2. Who does Dr. Montague announce will arrive the following Saturday?
3. What does Eleanor think of Luke's confession?
4. What does Eleanor come to believe has fallen?
5. What is Theo's response to this request.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
2. What does Eleanor say out loud after the crash sounds through the room?
3. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
4. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
5. Who teases Eleanor about her relationship with Luke?
6. What warning does Dr. Montague address directly to Eleanor?
7. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
8. What does Eleanor confess to Theo as they walk the grounds?
9. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
10. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)