|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor react to Theo's teasing?
(a) She teases back.
(b) She ignores Theo.
(c) She laughs and walks away.
(d) She becomes angry.
2. What are the lessons illustrated in the book Luke found?
(a) How to live a millionaire's life.
(b) How to live a pious and virtuous life.
(c) How to marry a millionaire.
(d) How to survive Hill House.
3. Who becomes angry when the planchette refuses to speak?
(c) Dr. Montague
(d) Mrs. Montague
4. What does Dr. Montague say can be destructive and lacks a will of its own?
5. Where does Luke go alone after breakfast?
(a) To take a walk on the grounds.
(b) To investigate the cold spot a little more.
(c) To town for supplies.
(d) To ask Mrs. Dudley for another pot of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the words on Theo's wall say?
2. What do the three young people discover while walking on the grounds?
3. Who befriends Mrs. Dudley?
4. Why does Theo tease Eleanor?
5. What does Eleanor say as she wakes?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)