|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor think of Luke's confession?
(a) That it is outrageous.
(b) That it is sad.
(c) That it is unbelievable, but touching just the same.
(d) That it is silly and obviously a come-on.
2. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
(a) Someone has burned Theo's clothes and written words on the wall.
(b) Someone has stolen all of Theo's clothes and written words on the wall.
(c) Someone has cut Theo's clothes to shreds and written words on the wall.
(d) Someone has splattered red paint on Theo's clothes and written words on the wall.
3. Who looks forward to owning Hill House?
(c) Mrs. Montague
(d) Dr. Montague
4. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
(a) Compliment her, even though she does not look as good as Eleanor did.
(b) Hug her and apologize for her trying day.
(c) Rip the sweater away.
(d) Bash her with rocks and sticks.
5. What can Dr. Montague not do with the cold spot that he desperately wants to do?
(a) Remove the cold spot.
(b) Explain it scientifically.
(c) Measure it.
(d) Get an accurate temperature reading of the cold spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Eleanor to get dressed?
2. Where does Eleanor go after her conversation with Theo?
3. What does Theo advice Eleanor to do?
4. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
5. Where does Luke go alone after breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
2. What do Eleanor and Theo talk about?
3. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
4. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
5. Where does Theo spend the following night?
6. With whom does Eleanor sit in the summer house?
7. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
8. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
9. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
10. Who teases Eleanor about her relationship with Luke?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)