|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor hear while walking alone by the brook?
(a) Luke and Theo's thoughts.
(b) A voice in her mind.
(c) A child singing.
(d) A child laughting.
2. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
(a) Bash her with rocks and sticks.
(b) Hug her and apologize for her trying day.
(c) Compliment her, even though she does not look as good as Eleanor did.
(d) Rip the sweater away.
3. Who does Eleanor decide she will not allow to go out of her life?
(d) Dr. Montague
4. What nickname does Theo use with Eleanor?
5. Who is Arthur?
(a) Theo's nephew
(b) Mrs. Dudley's cousin
(c) Eleanor's cousin
(d) Mrs. Montague's assistant
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to allow the group to linger over their breakfast?
2. Who looks forward to owning Hill House?
3. For what does Luke claim he has a passion?
4. What does Eleanor say as she wakes?
5. What does Theo accuse Eleanor of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
2. What does Eleanor say out loud after the crash sounds through the room?
3. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
4. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
5. Where does Theo spend the following night?
6. What does Luke find written in the hallway?
7. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
8. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
9. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
10. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)