|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the three young people discover while walking on the grounds?
(a) A carriage house.
(b) A summer house.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A bubbling brook.
2. Who befriends Mrs. Dudley?
(d) Mrs. Montague
3. Where does Eleanor go after her conversation with Theo?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the kitchen for a snack.
(c) To her room.
(d) For a walk in the dark.
4. Who mocks Eleanor about Journeys ending in lovers meeting?
(b) Dr. Montague
5. What is a planchette?
(a) A device that measures barometric changes within a house.
(b) A device similar to a themometer.
(c) A device that uses weights to measure breezes.
(d) A device similar to a Ouija board that uses a pencil to write out messages from the other side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Eleanor ask Theo about their conversation?
2. Who does Eleanor eavesdrop on early in the afternoon outside the summer house?
3. What can Dr. Montague not do with the cold spot that he desperately wants to do?
4. What does Eleanor hear while walking alone by the brook?
5. What does Eleanor come to believe has fallen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eleanor say out loud after the crash sounds through the room?
2. Whom does Eleanor eavesdrop on to see if they are speaking about her?
3. What is Mrs. Montague's opinion of Dr. Montague's research thus far?
4. What does Luke find written in the hallway?
5. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
6. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
7. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
8. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
9. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
10. Why is Dr. Montague concerned that everyone is happy?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)