|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
2. Where does Eleanor go after her conversation with Theo?
(a) To her room.
(b) For a walk in the dark.
(c) To the kitchen for a snack.
(d) To the library.
3. Where do Dr. Montague and his assistants spend the night?
(a) In Dr. Montague's room.
(b) In the study.
(c) In Eleanor's room.
(d) In the library.
4. Who takes Eleanor to get dressed?
(a) Dr. Montague
(d) Mrs. Dudley
5. What does Theo advice Eleanor to do?
(a) Take pictures.
(b) Call Dr. Montague.
(d) Close her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists on moving in with Theo when the summer is over?
2. What is significant about the signature in the book Luke found?
3. What does Dr. Montague believe has caused these feelings?
4. Who arrives at Hill House in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Dr. Montague announce will arrive the following Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Eleanor eavesdrop on to see if they are speaking about her?
2. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
3. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
4. What warning does Dr. Montague address directly to Eleanor?
5. What does Eleanor say out loud after the crash sounds through the room?
6. What do Eleanor and Theo talk about?
7. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
8. Why is Dr. Montague concerned that everyone is happy?
9. With whom does Eleanor sit in the summer house?
10. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)