|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Eleanor ask Theo about their conversation?
(a) Why Theo came to Hill House.
(b) If Theo is jealous of her.
(c) Why her relationship with Luke is any of Theo's business.
(d) If Theo wants Eleanor to leave.
2. What are the lessons illustrated in the book Luke found?
(a) How to live a pious and virtuous life.
(b) How to live a millionaire's life.
(c) How to survive Hill House.
(d) How to marry a millionaire.
3. Who befriends Mrs. Dudley?
(d) Mrs. Montague
4. What does Eleanor expect to feel under her feet as she goes back to Hill House?
(a) A camera.
(b) Picnic blankets and baskets.
(c) Children's toys.
(d) A tape recorder.
5. How is Eleanor's mood in Chapter 7?
(a) Eleanor is angry.
(b) Eleanor is sad.
(c) Eleanor is happy.
(d) Eleanor is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor surprised to see when she wakes?
2. What does Eleanor hear while walking alone by the brook?
3. Who hears a child singing?
4. Who does Dr. Montague announce will arrive the following Saturday?
5. What does Theo confess she did while going back to Hill House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
2. What do Eleanor and Theo talk about?
3. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
4. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
5. What does Eleanor confess to Theo as they walk the grounds?
6. Where does Theo spend the following night?
7. Who wants to move in with Theo after the summer. What does Theo say to this?
8. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
9. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
10. What does Eleanor say out loud after the crash sounds through the room?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)