|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Eleanor's sudden happiness?
(a) Dr. Montague
2. What does Luke find in the library in Chapter 6?
(a) A fictional book written by Hugh Crain.
(b) A book on the history of Hillsdale.
(c) A handmade scrapbook.
(d) A photo album of the Crain family.
3. What question does Eleanor ask Theo about their conversation?
(a) If Theo wants Eleanor to leave.
(b) If Theo is jealous of her.
(c) Why Theo came to Hill House.
(d) Why her relationship with Luke is any of Theo's business.
4. What character flaw does Luke tell Eleanor he suffers?
(a) Cowardess and weakness of character.
(b) Conceit and narcisism.
(c) Selfishness and conceit.
(d) Selfishness and immaturity.
5. Who irritates Dr. Montague while he transcribes the notes of his assistants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke find?
2. What do Mrs. Montague and Arthur report hearing the night before?
3. How is Eleanor's mood in Chapter 7?
4. What does Dr. Montague say can be destructive and lacks a will of its own?
5. Why does Eleanor say she is not frightened by the state of Theo's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eleanor say out loud after the crash sounds through the room?
2. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
3. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
4. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
5. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
6. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
7. What is Mrs. Montague's opinion of Dr. Montague's research thus far?
8. Where does Theo spend the following night?
9. Who teases Eleanor about her relationship with Luke?
10. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)