|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eleanor go after her conversation with Theo?
(a) For a walk in the dark.
(b) To her room.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the kitchen for a snack.
2. What character flaw does Luke tell Eleanor he suffers?
(a) Conceit and narcisism.
(b) Selfishness and conceit.
(c) Selfishness and immaturity.
(d) Cowardess and weakness of character.
3. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
(a) Compliment her, even though she does not look as good as Eleanor did.
(b) Bash her with rocks and sticks.
(c) Rip the sweater away.
(d) Hug her and apologize for her trying day.
4. Whose call did Eleanor not heed the night of his/her death?
(a) Her neice's
(b) Her father's
(c) Her mother's
(d) Her sister's
5. How does Eleanor react to Theo's teasing?
(a) She laughs and walks away.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She ignores Theo.
(d) She teases back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Eleanor and Theo see while walking on the property after dark?
2. What does Luke find?
3. Who arrives at Hill House in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Arthur plan to spend the night?
5. Who mocks Eleanor about Journeys ending in lovers meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luke find written in the hallway?
2. Where does Theo spend the following night?
3. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
4. Who wants to move in with Theo after the summer. What does Theo say to this?
5. When does Mrs. Montague arrive at the house? Why does she come?
6. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
7. What is Mrs. Montague's opinion of Dr. Montague's research thus far?
8. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
9. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
10. What do Eleanor and Theo talk about?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)