|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Eleanor and Theo see while walking on the property after dark?
(a) Luke stealing kisses from Mrs. Dudley.
(b) A shadow that looks like a rabbit.
(c) Dr. Montague setting a tape recorder in the garage.
(d) Children playing and picnicking in the garden.
2. Who does Dr. Montague announce will arrive the following Saturday?
(a) Luke's aunt.
(b) A famous poltergeist researcher.
(c) Mrs. Montague.
(d) A fellow academic.
3. What does Luke find in the library in Chapter 6?
(a) A book on the history of Hillsdale.
(b) A fictional book written by Hugh Crain.
(c) A handmade scrapbook.
(d) A photo album of the Crain family.
4. Whose call did Eleanor not heed the night of his/her death?
(a) Her mother's
(b) Her sister's
(c) Her father's
(d) Her neice's
5. What question does Eleanor ask Theo about their conversation?
(a) If Theo is jealous of her.
(b) Why her relationship with Luke is any of Theo's business.
(c) If Theo wants Eleanor to leave.
(d) Why Theo came to Hill House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor come to believe she can hear?
2. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
3. What are the lessons illustrated in the book Luke found?
4. What is Eleanor surprised to see when she wakes?
5. What does Theo accuse Eleanor of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Eleanor eavesdrop on to see if they are speaking about her?
2. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
3. What does Theo confess when they return to the house?
4. What warning does Dr. Montague address directly to Eleanor?
5. What does Eleanor confess to Theo as they walk the grounds?
6. Why is Dr. Montague concerned that everyone is happy?
7. What do Eleanor and Theo talk about?
8. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
9. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
10. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)