|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whose death does Eleanor believe she is responsible?
(a) Her father's
(b) Her neice's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her sister's.
2. Why does Theo tease Eleanor?
(a) She does not want Eleanor to be distracted.
(b) She is jealous. She likes Eleanor.
(c) She wants to date Luke.
(d) She does not want a relationship to complicate the investigation.
3. What does Eleanor expect to feel under her feet as she goes back to Hill House?
(a) Picnic blankets and baskets.
(b) A camera.
(c) Children's toys.
(d) A tape recorder.
4. Who refuses to allow the group to linger over their breakfast?
(b) Mrs. Montague.
(d) Mrs. Dudley.
5. What is a planchette?
(a) A device that measures barometric changes within a house.
(b) A device that uses weights to measure breezes.
(c) A device similar to a themometer.
(d) A device similar to a Ouija board that uses a pencil to write out messages from the other side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Arthur plan to spend the night?
2. What is Eleanor surprised to see when she wakes?
3. Who believes ghosts only want to be loved?
4. What does Luke find?
5. What does Eleanor say as she wakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Mrs. Montague arrive at the house? Why does she come?
2. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
3. Why is Dr. Montague concerned that everyone is happy?
4. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
5. Whom does Eleanor eavesdrop on to see if they are speaking about her?
6. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
7. Who plans to roam the halls all night? Why?
8. What does Theo confess when they return to the house?
9. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
10. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)