|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor come to believe has fallen?
(a) The house.
(b) The garage.
(c) The tower.
(d) The attic.
2. For what does Luke claim he has a passion?
(a) Spirits, meaning poltergeist.
(b) Spirits, meaning liquor.
(c) Spirits, meaning religious spirits.
(d) Spirits, meaning ghosts.
3. What do the three young people discover while walking on the grounds?
(a) A bubbling brook.
(b) A carriage house.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A summer house.
4. Who stands at the door when the sound begins, trying to establish from which direction the sound is coming?
(d) Dr. Montague
5. For whose death does Eleanor believe she is responsible?
(a) Her neice's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her father's
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Dr. Montague and Luke believe Theo accuses Eleanor?
2. Who arrives at Hill House in Chapter 7?
3. What does Luke find?
4. Who irritates Dr. Montague while he transcribes the notes of his assistants?
5. Who does Eleanor eavesdrop on early in the afternoon outside the summer house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Eleanor go when Theo teases her?
2. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
3. What is Mrs. Montague's opinion of Dr. Montague's research thus far?
4. Who wants to move in with Theo after the summer. What does Theo say to this?
5. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
6. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
7. What warning does Dr. Montague address directly to Eleanor?
8. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
9. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
10. What does Luke find written in the hallway?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)