|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eleanor say she is not frightened by the state of Theo's room?
(a) Eleanor is getting used to Theo blaming her for things.
(b) Eleanor is more concerned for Theo than herself.
(c) Eleanor does not believe a ghost did these things.
(d) Eleanor has gotten used to the strangness of Hill House.
2. Who insists on sleeping in the nursery?
(a) Eleanor's sister
(b) Mrs. Montague
(c) Theo's girlfriend
(d) Mrs. Dudley
3. Who follows Eleanor?
(c) Dr. Montague
(d) Mrs. Dudley
4. What does Eleanor expect to feel under her feet as she goes back to Hill House?
(a) Picnic blankets and baskets.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) Children's toys.
(d) A camera.
5. Whose call did Eleanor not heed the night of his/her death?
(a) Her sister's
(b) Her mother's
(c) Her neice's
(d) Her father's
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes ghosts only want to be loved?
2. Why do Dr. Montague and Luke believe Theo accuses Eleanor?
3. What is Theo's response to this request.
4. What do Eleanor and Theo see while walking on the property after dark?
5. Who stands at the door when the sound begins, trying to establish from which direction the sound is coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Theo confess when they return to the house?
2. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
3. What does Eleanor hear as she sits in the parlor?
4. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
5. What warning does Dr. Montague address directly to Eleanor?
6. Who wants to move in with Theo after the summer. What does Theo say to this?
7. What does Luke find written in the hallway?
8. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
9. What does Eleanor say out loud after the crash sounds through the room?
10. What does Eleanor hear as she walks the grounds of Hill House?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)