|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hill House affect Eleanor?
(a) Eleanor is happy to just be out of her sister's house.
(b) Eleanor is blissfully unaware of the evil around her.
(c) Eleanor is paralyzed with fear.
(d) Eleanor is enthusiastic about the investigation.
2. How many children did Hugh Crain have?
(a) Two daughters
(b) Three sons, one daughter
(c) Three daughters
(d) Two daughters, one son
3. What does Eleanor say as she wakes from a dream?
(a) I want to believe.
(b) I'm coming, Mother.
(c) Journeys end in lovers meeting.
(d) I'll leave.
4. What does Eleanor think of Luke when they first meet?
(a) Eleanor finds him to be rude.
(b) Eleanor finds him to be unfriendly.
(c) Eleanor finds his flirting flattering.
(d) Eleanor finds his flirting silly.
5. Who arrives at Hill House behind Eleanor?
(d) Dr. Montague
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Montague's doctorate is in __________________.
2. Who greets the women when they return to the house?
3. To what does Theo compare this first day at Hill House?
4. What is Dr. Montague's passion?
5. How does Theo insist she and Eleanor should dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who accuses Eleanor of writing the message? Why?
2. Why does Eleanor leave her room in the middle of the night?
3. What does Theo encourage Eleanor to do more?
4. Who is Luke Sanderson?
5. What does Dr. Montague say he expects of his assistants during the summer?
6. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
7. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
8. Who are the Dudleys?
9. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
10. What do Eleanor and Theo find when they reach the garden?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)