|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the drawing room?
(a) The tree growing through its center.
(b) The odd paintings throughout the room.
(c) The huge portrait of Crain.
(d) The huge baroque style statue.
2. Dr. Montague's doctorate is in __________________.
3. What happened to the last person who attempted to leave Hill House after dark?
(a) The town thought he was insane and put him in the hospital.
(b) His car drove off a cliff.
(c) He lost his fortune in the stock market.
(d) His horse bolted into a tree in a turn in the drive.
4. Who opens the door?
(b) Dr. Montague
(c) Mrs. Dudley
5. What surprises Theo about the position of Hill House?
(a) That it is set so far back from the main gate.
(b) That it is on top of the hills, rather than protected in the middle of them.
(c) That it is between the hills rather than on top.
(d) That it is so far from town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Dr. Montague and Luke searching for during the manifestation that woke the girls?
2. What is Dr. Montague's passion?
3. Who committed suicide in Hill House?
4. Who lived in Hill House after Hugh Crain's death?
5. What does Eleanor say as she wakes from a dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Dr. Montague and his assistants have trouble finding the dining room?
2. Why does Eleanor steal her car from her sister?
3. At what time does Mrs. Dudley always have dinner ready?
4. Who gets lost on their way to breakfast? Why?
5. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
6. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
7. What do Theo and Eleanor see as they turn to go back to Hill House?
8. Who is Luke Sanderson?
9. What did Eleanor purchase specifically for this trip to Hill House?
10. Who is Theodora?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)