|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theo introduce herself?
(a) As a psychic
(b) As a nightclub singer
(c) As a professional athlete
(d) As a lord's daughter masquerading as a commoner
2. How does Luke introduce himself?
(a) As a lawyer
(b) As a bullfighter
(c) As a specialist in psychic phenomenon
(d) As the nephew of the house's owner
3. What were Dr. Montague and Luke searching for during the manifestation that woke the girls?
(a) A cat that ran past Luke's door.
(b) A rat that stole Dr. Montague's after dinner cookie.
(c) A goat that somehow got into the house.
(d) A dog that ran past Dr. Montague's door.
4. The narrator informs the reader that Hill House is what?
(b) Just a house
5. What does Eleanor dislike her sister for?
(a) Not helping with her mother
(b) Not allowing her to take the car
(c) Not allowing her to have a new suitcase
(d) Not giving her a room of her own
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to stay in the house after dark?
2. How many responses does Dr. Montague get to his letter searching for possible assistants?
3. How many children did Hugh Crain have?
4. What warning does Mrs. Dudley offer Eleanor?
5. What kind of cup does Eleanor hear a little girl cry over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
2. What room is guarded by a cold spot?
3. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
4. What does Dr. Montague plan to do with the information he gains from his and his assistants' experiences at Hill House?
5. How is the interior of Hill House designed?
6. What did Eleanor purchase specifically for this trip to Hill House?
7. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
8. Who is Eleanor Vance? Why is she chosen for Dr. Montague's project?
9. Who is Dr. Montague?
10. How does Dr. Montague treat Luke Sanderson?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)