|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Montague warn Eleanor not to talk about if she stops in Hillsdale?
(a) Dr. Montague's investigation
(b) Ghost stories
(c) The Crain family
(d) Hill House
2. What does Theo accuse Eleanor of not doing?
(a) Theo accuses Eleanor of being boring.
(b) Theo accuses Eleanor of stealing silverware from the kitchen.
(c) Theo says Eleanor does not spend enough time caring for herself.
(d) Theo accuses Eleanor of being an old maid.
3. What does Eleanor say as she wakes from a dream?
(a) I'll leave.
(b) Journeys end in lovers meeting.
(c) I'm coming, Mother.
(d) I want to believe.
4. Dr. Montague's doctorate is in __________________.
5. What is Eleanor's prevailing emotion as she is left alone in her room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to stay in the house after dark?
2. What is Eleanor surprised by when she wakes the following morning?
3. What happened at Eleanor's house when she was twelve?
4. What color is Theo's room?
5. Who tries to stop Eleanor from going through the gates at Hill House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luke act when he meets Eleanor and Theo?
2. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
3. Who is Theodora?
4. Who built Hill House?
5. Who is Luke Sanderson?
6. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
7. How does Dr. Montague treat Luke Sanderson?
8. Who gets lost on their way to breakfast? Why?
9. What is significant about Hill House?
10. What room is guarded by a cold spot?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)