|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theo insist she and Eleanor should dress?
(a) In work clothes
(b) In sexually appealing clothes
(c) In brightly colored clothes
(d) In comfortable clothes
2. What time is dinner served?
(b) Five sharp
(d) Six sharp
3. How long have the Dudleys worked at Hill House?
(a) Since the Sandersons took possession
(b) Since the last tenants left
(c) Since the death of Mr. Crain
(d) Since their childhoods
4. What is Eleanor forced to steal when she leaves home?
(a) A car she co-owns with her sister
(b) An expensive suitcase
(c) A credit card to pay for gas
(d) A wardrobe of clothes
5. Why does the party get lost on the way to dinner?
(a) Mrs. Dudley has come behind them and shut off all the lights.
(b) They do not know the house well enough to find their way.
(c) The house is so oddly designed, no one could possibly find their way.
(d) The doors keep closing, blocking off the light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor buy for this trip to Hill House?
2. Who opens the door?
3. How many wives of Hugh Crain died at Hill House?
4. With what does Eleanor deny having experiences?
5. What warning did Dr. Montague receive about Hill House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
2. From whom did Dr. Montague hear about Hill House?
3. What does Mrs. Montague say about the events of the night?
4. What warning does Dr. Montague address directly to Eleanor?
5. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
6. Who are the Dudleys?
7. What does Theo encourage Eleanor to do more?
8. What did Eleanor purchase specifically for this trip to Hill House?
9. How does Dr. Montague treat Luke Sanderson?
10. With whom does Eleanor sit in the summer house?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)