|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Montague hope to do with the information their investigation will gather?
(a) Write an academic book chronicalling supernatural manifestation in the house his colleagues will respect.
(b) Write a historical book about the family who once owned the house.
(c) Write a fictional book about the house.
(d) Write a historical book about the land the house sits on and its role in supernatural manifestations.
2. How many wives of Hugh Crain died at Hill House?
3. Why does the party get lost on the way to dinner?
(a) The doors keep closing, blocking off the light.
(b) The house is so oddly designed, no one could possibly find their way.
(c) Mrs. Dudley has come behind them and shut off all the lights.
(d) They do not know the house well enough to find their way.
4. How does Theo introduce herself?
(a) As a lord's daughter masquerading as a commoner
(b) As a psychic
(c) As a professional athlete
(d) As a nightclub singer
5. Who greets the women when they return to the house?
(a) Dr. Montague
(b) Mrs. Dudley
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theo react to Luke?
2. What noise do Theo and Eleanor hear?
3. Where did Dr. Montague hear of Hill House?
4. How does Luke introduce himself?
5. What do Theo and Eleanor find on their walk on the grounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. From whom did Dr. Montague hear about Hill House?
2. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
3. What did Eleanor purchase specifically for this trip to Hill House?
4. At what time does Mrs. Dudley always have dinner ready?
5. Why does Eleanor steal her car from her sister?
6. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
7. What room is guarded by a cold spot?
8. Who gets lost on their way to breakfast? Why?
9. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
10. Who are the Dudleys?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)