|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what house does Eleanor pretend she lives?
(a) A house with oleander bushes along the driveway
(b) Hill House
(c) A house with stone lions outside
(d) A mansion in Hillsdale
2. What does Eleanor dislike her sister for?
(a) Not allowing her to take the car
(b) Not giving her a room of her own
(c) Not allowing her to have a new suitcase
(d) Not helping with her mother
3. What color is Eleanor's room?
4. Who greets the women when they return to the house?
(a) Dr. Montague
(c) Mrs. Dudley
5. How does Theo introduce herself?
(a) As a nightclub singer
(b) As a lord's daughter masquerading as a commoner
(c) As a psychic
(d) As a professional athlete
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Montague treat Luke?
2. Why has Dr. Montague brought Theo to Hill House?
3. Who did Eleanor care for for eleven years?
4. To what does Theo compare this first day at Hill House?
5. Dr. Montague's doctorate is in __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. From whom did Dr. Montague hear about Hill House?
2. Why does Eleanor get annoyed with her new friends?
3. How does Dr. Montague treat Luke Sanderson?
4. Who are the Dudleys?
5. Who is Luke Sanderson?
6. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
7. Who built Hill House?
8. What quote comes to Eleanor's mind when she walks up to the front door the first time?
9. What does Theo encourage Eleanor to do more?
10. At what time does Mrs. Dudley always have dinner ready?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)