|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Montague suggest Eleanor should leave the house?
(a) If she feels the house latching onto her.
(b) If trouble begins to take place.
(c) If she is frightened.
(d) If she begins to feel uneasy.
2. Who offers to pray for Eleanor?
(a) An old woman she accidentally knocked over
(b) The waitress in Hillsdale
(c) Her sister
(d) The little girl in the restaurant
3. What does Dr. Montague hope to do with the information their investigation will gather?
(a) Write a historical book about the land the house sits on and its role in supernatural manifestations.
(b) Write a fictional book about the house.
(c) Write an academic book chronicalling supernatural manifestation in the house his colleagues will respect.
(d) Write a historical book about the family who once owned the house.
4. How does Theo react to Luke?
(a) Theo tell Luke not to waste his time, she is taken.
(b) Theo brushes Luke off.
(c) Theo responds to his flirting.
(d) Theo teases Luke.
5. Why does Dr. Montague send a letter to Eleanor Vance?
(a) Eleanor owns the house Dr. Montague is investigating.
(b) Eleanor is psychic.
(c) Eleanor lived in a haunted house as a child.
(d) Eleanor had an experience with a poltergeist as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke's aunt send him to stay with Dr. Montague at Hill House?
2. Who did Eleanor care for for eleven years?
3. What color is Eleanor's room?
4. What does Dr. Montague claim to be?
5. What does Eleanor say as she wakes from a dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what time does Mrs. Dudley always have dinner ready?
2. Who is Dr. Montague?
3. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
4. Why does everyone claim to be someone different than they are as they make introductions?
5. What did Eleanor purchase specifically for this trip to Hill House?
6. What is significant about Hill House?
7. Who built Hill House?
8. Who is Eleanor Vance? Why is she chosen for Dr. Montague's project?
9. What does Dr. Montague say he expects of his assistants during the summer?
10. Who gets lost on their way to breakfast? Why?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)