|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Hugh Crain have?
(a) Two daughters, one son
(b) Three daughters
(c) Two daughters
(d) Three sons, one daughter
2. What warning did Dr. Montague receive about Hill House?
(a) To take a gun when visiting
(b) To never stay overnight
(c) To only go there with a psychic
(d) To stay away
3. Why has Dr. Montague brought Theo to Hill House?
(a) She is psychic.
(b) She is a professional ghost hunter.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is pretty.
4. Who arrives at Hill House behind Eleanor?
(c) Dr. Montague
5. What color is Eleanor's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor forced to steal when she leaves home?
2. Why does Dr. Montague invite Theodora to be his assistant?
3. What were Dr. Montague and Luke searching for during the manifestation that woke the girls?
4. Who leaves the house at six every night?
5. Who opens the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luke act when he meets Eleanor and Theo?
2. Why do Dr. Montague and his assistants have trouble finding the dining room?
3. What is unusual about the design of Hill House overall?
4. What does Mrs. Dudley insist she will never do?
5. Who built Hill House?
6. Who are the Dudleys?
7. Why does Eleanor steal her car from her sister?
8. What is significant about Hill House?
9. Who is the first person Eleanor meets at Hill House?
10. Who is Luke Sanderson?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)