|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Eleanor live ?
(a) Her father
(b) Her sister
(c) Her mother
(d) Her cousin
2. What are some of the theories for the cause of odd events that have taken place in Hill House?
(a) Santanic rituals
(b) Sun spots, atmospheric pressure, polluted air, earth tremors
(c) Ghosts, evil spirits, spirits from an Indian burial site
(d) Someone's bad sense of humor
3. What does Dr. Montague warn Eleanor not to talk about if she stops in Hillsdale?
(a) Dr. Montague's investigation
(b) Ghost stories
(c) Hill House
(d) The Crain family
4. When does Dr. Montague suggest Eleanor should leave the house?
(a) If she begins to feel uneasy.
(b) If she feels the house latching onto her.
(c) If trouble begins to take place.
(d) If she is frightened.
5. How does Theo insist she and Eleanor should dress?
(a) In brightly colored clothes
(b) In comfortable clothes
(c) In work clothes
(d) In sexually appealing clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Theo's room?
2. What does Eleanor dislike her sister for?
3. What were Dr. Montague and Luke searching for during the manifestation that woke the girls?
4. Why does Luke's aunt send him to stay with Dr. Montague at Hill House?
5. Who provides directions to Hill House?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Theodora?
2. How does Luke act when he meets Eleanor and Theo?
3. Who built Hill House?
4. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
5. What does Mrs. Dudley insist she will never do?
6. What do Theo and Eleanor see as they turn to go back to Hill House?
7. Why does Eleanor steal her car from her sister?
8. What room is guarded by a cold spot?
9. What surprises Eleanor the next morning?
10. Who is Luke Sanderson?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)