|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Montague believe the doors swing shut on their own?
(a) Because every angle in the house is irregular.
(b) Because a ghost is pushing them closed.
(c) Because the doors were hung improperly.
(d) Because the architect was inferior, causing many irregularties in the house's structure.
2. What does Eleanor dislike her sister for?
(a) Not allowing her to take the car
(b) Not helping with her mother
(c) Not allowing her to have a new suitcase
(d) Not giving her a room of her own
3. How does Luke introduce himself?
(a) As the nephew of the house's owner
(b) As a bullfighter
(c) As a specialist in psychic phenomenon
(d) As a lawyer
4. What is Eleanor's prevailing emotion as she is left alone in her room?
5. How does Theo introduce herself?
(a) As a lord's daughter masquerading as a commoner
(b) As a professional athlete
(c) As a nightclub singer
(d) As a psychic
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke's aunt send him to stay with Dr. Montague at Hill House?
2. Who lived in Hill House after Hugh Crain's death?
3. What happened to the last person who attempted to leave Hill House after dark?
4. In what house does Eleanor pretend she lives?
5. Who offers to pray for Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eleanor get annoyed with her new friends?
2. From whom did Dr. Montague hear about Hill House?
3. How does Luke act when he meets Eleanor and Theo?
4. What does Dr. Montague say he expects of his assistants during the summer?
5. Who is Eleanor Vance? Why is she chosen for Dr. Montague's project?
6. Who are the Dudleys?
7. What does Mrs. Dudley insist she will never do?
8. What did Eleanor purchase specifically for this trip to Hill House?
9. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
10. How does Dr. Montague treat Luke Sanderson?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)