|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor plan to change her behavior?
(a) Eleanor plans to be more friendly.
(b) Eleanor plans to be more open.
(c) Eleanor plans to act more reserved.
(d) Eleanor plans to be more helpful.
2. What warning did Dr. Montague receive about Hill House?
(a) To stay away
(b) To only go there with a psychic
(c) To take a gun when visiting
(d) To never stay overnight
3. Who lived in Hill House after Hugh Crain's death?
(a) His widow and her new husband
(b) His youngest daughter and her husband
(c) His son and his family
(d) His eldest daughter and a young companion
4. Who offers to pray for Eleanor?
(a) Her sister
(b) The waitress in Hillsdale
(c) An old woman she accidentally knocked over
(d) The little girl in the restaurant
5. How does Theo introduce herself?
(a) As a nightclub singer
(b) As a professional athlete
(c) As a lord's daughter masquerading as a commoner
(d) As a psychic
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theo advise Eleanor to dress?
2. How many wives of Hugh Crain died at Hill House?
3. Who was accused of breaking into the house at night and stealing things?
4. Why does Dr. Montague believe the doors swing shut on their own?
5. Where did Dr. Montague hear of Hill House?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who teases Eleanor about her relationship with Luke?
2. What is Mrs. Montague's opinion of Dr. Montague's research thus far?
3. Who are the Dudleys?
4. What is unusual about the design of Hill House overall?
5. Why is Dr. Montague concerned that everyone is happy?
6. What does Dr. Montague plan to do with the information he gains from his and his assistants' experiences at Hill House?
7. In what room does Mrs. Montague insist on sleeping?
8. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
9. What does Eleanor confess to Theo as they walk the grounds?
10. From whom did Dr. Montague hear about Hill House?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)