|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to pray for Eleanor?
(a) Her sister
(b) An old woman she accidentally knocked over
(c) The little girl in the restaurant
(d) The waitress in Hillsdale
2. Who provides directions to Hill House?
(d) Dr. Montague
3. Why does Eleanor stop for coffee in Hillsdale?
(a) To ask questions about Hill House
(b) To ask about the local night life
(c) To prolong her journey
(d) To ask about Dr. Montague
4. When does Dr. Montague suggest Eleanor should leave the house?
(a) If she feels the house latching onto her.
(b) If she begins to feel uneasy.
(c) If trouble begins to take place.
(d) If she is frightened.
5. What does Eleanor do on the ride to Hill House?
(a) Sings along to the radio
(b) Daydreams of a better life
(c) Talks to her dead mother
(d) Imagines life at Hill House
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Hill House behind Eleanor?
2. What does Eleanor believe her sister and brother-in-law would never expect her to do?
3. How does Luke introduce himself?
4. What is odd about the drawing room?
5. What does Eleanor dislike her sister for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Montague plan to do with the information he gains from his and his assistants' experiences at Hill House?
2. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
3. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
4. Why do Dr. Montague and his assistants have trouble finding the dining room?
5. Who is Theodora?
6. What is significant about Hill House?
7. Who is Luke Sanderson?
8. Why does everyone claim to be someone different than they are as they make introductions?
9. Who is Dr. Montague?
10. Who built Hill House?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)