|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Theo's room?
2. What were Dr. Montague and Luke searching for during the manifestation that woke the girls?
(a) A goat that somehow got into the house.
(b) A dog that ran past Dr. Montague's door.
(c) A rat that stole Dr. Montague's after dinner cookie.
(d) A cat that ran past Luke's door.
3. Why is Theo's window not above the front door as it should be?
(a) Crain designed the house to have many optical illusions.
(b) Crain had every angle of the house designed to be slightly off kilter.
(c) Because the architect did not follow the plans correctly, causing several irregularities.
(d) Because her bedroom is not above the front door as she thought.
4. What does Theo accuse Eleanor of not doing?
(a) Theo accuses Eleanor of being boring.
(b) Theo accuses Eleanor of being an old maid.
(c) Theo says Eleanor does not spend enough time caring for herself.
(d) Theo accuses Eleanor of stealing silverware from the kitchen.
5. What time is dinner served?
(a) Five sharp
(b) Six sharp
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lived in Hill House after Hugh Crain's death?
2. What is Dr. Montague's passion?
3. What did Eleanor buy for this trip to Hill House?
4. Who leaves the house at six every night?
5. The narrator informs the reader that Hill House is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what time does Mrs. Dudley always have dinner ready?
2. From whom did Dr. Montague hear about Hill House?
3. What do Theo and Eleanor see as they turn to go back to Hill House?
4. How is the interior of Hill House designed?
5. Who built Hill House?
6. Why does everyone claim to be someone different than they are as they make introductions?
7. Who is Theodora?
8. Who is Dr. Montague?
9. What does Theo encourage Eleanor to do more?
10. How does Dr. Montague treat Luke Sanderson?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)