|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to pray for Eleanor?
(a) The little girl in the restaurant
(b) The waitress in Hillsdale
(c) Her sister
(d) An old woman she accidentally knocked over
2. Why does Luke's aunt send him to stay with Dr. Montague at Hill House?
(a) To keep him out of trouble.
(b) To find him a wife.
(c) To keep an eye on Dr. Montague.
(d) To keep the house safe.
3. Who did Eleanor care for for eleven years?
(a) Her father
(b) Her sister
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her mother
4. How does Theo advise Eleanor to dress?
(c) Bright as a sunbeam.
(d) Dark and drab.
5. How does Theo react to Luke?
(a) Theo responds to his flirting.
(b) Theo teases Luke.
(c) Theo tell Luke not to waste his time, she is taken.
(d) Theo brushes Luke off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about the drawing room?
2. What does Eleanor believe her sister and brother-in-law would never expect her to do?
3. What did Eleanor buy for this trip to Hill House?
4. Why does the party get lost on the way to dinner?
5. What surprises Theo about the position of Hill House?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Mrs. Montague arrive at the house? Why does she come?
2. What does Theo confess when they return to the house?
3. How does Dr. Montague treat Luke Sanderson?
4. What warning does Dr. Montague address directly to Eleanor?
5. What quote comes to Eleanor's mind when she walks up to the front door the first time?
6. Where do Eleanor and Theo go after Theo unpacks?
7. Who are the Dudleys?
8. What does Eleanor do as she leaves Hill House?
9. What does Eleanor confess to Theo as they walk the grounds?
10. Why do Dr. Montague and his assistants have trouble finding the dining room?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)