|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eleanor stop for coffee in Hillsdale?
(a) To ask questions about Hill House
(b) To prolong her journey
(c) To ask about Dr. Montague
(d) To ask about the local night life
2. What warning did Dr. Montague receive about Hill House?
(a) To only go there with a psychic
(b) To take a gun when visiting
(c) To never stay overnight
(d) To stay away
3. What are some of the theories for the cause of odd events that have taken place in Hill House?
(a) Santanic rituals
(b) Someone's bad sense of humor
(c) Ghosts, evil spirits, spirits from an Indian burial site
(d) Sun spots, atmospheric pressure, polluted air, earth tremors
4. Who was accused of breaking into the house at night and stealing things?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) The younger Crain sister.
(c) The young companion.
(d) The older sister.
5. With what does Eleanor deny having experiences?
(c) Haunted houses
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Dr. Montague brought Theo to Hill House?
2. What room does Eleanor refuse to enter as they explore the house?
3. How long have the Dudleys worked at Hill House?
4. What words come to Eleanor's mind when she sees Hill House?
5. Dr. Montague's doctorate is in __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Theo encourage Eleanor to do more?
2. How is the interior of Hill House designed?
3. At what time does Mrs. Dudley always have dinner ready?
4. What does Mrs. Dudley insist she will never do?
5. Why does Eleanor steal her car from her sister?
6. What room is guarded by a cold spot?
7. From whom did Dr. Montague hear about Hill House?
8. What is Eleanor's first impression of the house?
9. What is significant about Hill House?
10. Who is Dr. Montague?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)