|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Dr. Montague and Luke believe Theo accuses Eleanor?
(a) To distract her while they slip her a calming drug.
(b) Because she hates Eleanor.
(c) To take her focus away from her fear.
(d) Because she really believes it.
2. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
(a) Compliment her, even though she does not look as good as Eleanor did.
(b) Hug her and apologize for her trying day.
(c) Bash her with rocks and sticks.
(d) Rip the sweater away.
3. What does Eleanor come to believe has fallen?
(a) The tower.
(b) The attic.
(c) The garage.
(d) The house.
4. Who refuses to allow the group to linger over their breakfast?
(a) Mrs. Montague.
(d) Mrs. Dudley.
5. What is Theo's response to this request.
(a) She has a roommate already.
(b) Yes, it will be fun.
(c) She believes they should all go back to their own lives.
(d) Yes, she needs help with the rent.
6. For what does Luke claim he has a passion?
(a) Spirits, meaning ghosts.
(b) Spirits, meaning poltergeist.
(c) Spirits, meaning liquor.
(d) Spirits, meaning religious spirits.
7. What does Theo tease Eleanor about in Chapter 6?
(a) Her budding relationship with Luke.
(b) Her distaste toward the book Luke found.
(c) Her unattractive wardrobe.
(d) Her reserved behavior.
8. Where does Arthur plan to spend the night?
(a) In the library.
(b) Patroling the corridor outside the nursery.
(c) In the nursery.
(d) In Dr. Montague's room.
9. Who takes charge when Theo becomes hysterical over the state of her room?
(a) Dr. Montague
(b) Mrs. Dudley
10. What does Eleanor think of Luke's confession?
(a) That it is unbelievable, but touching just the same.
(b) That it is sad.
(c) That it is outrageous.
(d) That it is silly and obviously a come-on.
11. What does Eleanor hear while walking alone by the brook?
(a) A voice in her mind.
(b) A child singing.
(c) A child laughting.
(d) Luke and Theo's thoughts.
12. For whose death does Eleanor believe she is responsible?
(a) Her father's
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her neice's.
13. What are the lessons illustrated in the book Luke found?
(a) How to marry a millionaire.
(b) How to live a pious and virtuous life.
(c) How to live a millionaire's life.
(d) How to survive Hill House.
14. Who does Eleanor eavesdrop on early in the afternoon outside the summer house?
(a) Theo and Luke.
(b) Dr. Montague and Mrs. Montague.
(c) Arthur and Mrs. Montague.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Dudley.
15. Where does Luke go alone after breakfast?
(a) To town for supplies.
(b) To take a walk on the grounds.
(c) To investigate the cold spot a little more.
(d) To ask Mrs. Dudley for another pot of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Eleanor's mood in Chapter 7?
2. What does Theo advice Eleanor to do?
3. Who takes Eleanor to get dressed?
4. Who mocks Eleanor about Journeys ending in lovers meeting?
5. Where do Luke and Eleanor go to spend an afternoon alone in chapter 6?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)