|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor come to believe has fallen?
(a) The garage.
(b) The tower.
(c) The attic.
(d) The house.
2. What does Eleanor hear while walking alone by the brook?
(a) A child singing.
(b) A child laughting.
(c) Luke and Theo's thoughts.
(d) A voice in her mind.
3. What does Theo tease Eleanor about in Chapter 6?
(a) Her reserved behavior.
(b) Her budding relationship with Luke.
(c) Her distaste toward the book Luke found.
(d) Her unattractive wardrobe.
4. What question does Eleanor ask Theo about their conversation?
(a) Why Theo came to Hill House.
(b) Why her relationship with Luke is any of Theo's business.
(c) If Theo wants Eleanor to leave.
(d) If Theo is jealous of her.
5. Who mocks Eleanor about Journeys ending in lovers meeting?
(c) Dr. Montague
6. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
(a) Mrs. Montague
(b) Mrs. Dudley
(c) Eleanor's sister
(d) Theo's girlfriend
7. Who does Eleanor decide she will not allow to go out of her life?
(a) Dr. Montague
8. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
(a) Someone has stolen all of Theo's clothes and written words on the wall.
(b) Someone has burned Theo's clothes and written words on the wall.
(c) Someone has splattered red paint on Theo's clothes and written words on the wall.
(d) Someone has cut Theo's clothes to shreds and written words on the wall.
9. What does Theo advice Eleanor to do?
(b) Close her eyes.
(c) Call Dr. Montague.
(d) Take pictures.
10. Where does Luke go alone after breakfast?
(a) To ask Mrs. Dudley for another pot of coffee.
(b) To town for supplies.
(c) To investigate the cold spot a little more.
(d) To take a walk on the grounds.
11. Who suggests a walk to the brook?
12. Who does Eleanor eavesdrop on early in the afternoon outside the summer house?
(a) Arthur and Mrs. Montague.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Dudley.
(c) Dr. Montague and Mrs. Montague.
(d) Theo and Luke.
13. For whose death does Eleanor believe she is responsible?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her neice's.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her father's
14. What do the three young people discover while walking on the grounds?
(a) A carriage house.
(b) A summer house.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A bubbling brook.
15. Who takes charge when Theo becomes hysterical over the state of her room?
(c) Mrs. Dudley
(d) Dr. Montague
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke find?
2. What is the cause of Eleanor's sudden happiness?
3. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
4. What do the words on Theo's wall say?
5. How do Eleanor and the others feel when they wake up?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)