|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor react to Theo's teasing?
(a) She laughs and walks away.
(b) She ignores Theo.
(c) She teases back.
(d) She becomes angry.
2. Where do Luke and Eleanor go to spend an afternoon alone in chapter 6?
(a) The basement
(b) The garden
(c) The summer house
(d) The tower
3. Why do Dr. Montague and Luke believe Theo accuses Eleanor?
(a) To distract her while they slip her a calming drug.
(b) Because she hates Eleanor.
(c) Because she really believes it.
(d) To take her focus away from her fear.
4. What is Theo's response to this request.
(a) She believes they should all go back to their own lives.
(b) Yes, it will be fun.
(c) Yes, she needs help with the rent.
(d) She has a roommate already.
5. Whose call did Eleanor not heed the night of his/her death?
(a) Her father's
(b) Her sister's
(c) Her mother's
(d) Her neice's
6. What is significant about the signature in the book Luke found?
(a) It is written in invisible ink.
(b) It is written in blood.
(c) It is the signiture of a famous ghost hunter.
(d) It is a fake.
7. What does Theo accuse Eleanor of doing?
(a) Paying Luke to write the words to frighten everyone.
(b) Writing the words herself.
(c) Trying to draw attention to herself by becoming hysterical at the sight of the words.
(d) Erasing the words before they could document them.
8. Who treats Luke like a servant?
(a) Mrs. Montague
(b) Mrs. Dudley
(d) Dr. Montague
9. Who suggests a walk to the brook?
10. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
(a) Compliment her, even though she does not look as good as Eleanor did.
(b) Bash her with rocks and sticks.
(c) Rip the sweater away.
(d) Hug her and apologize for her trying day.
11. Who irritates Dr. Montague while he transcribes the notes of his assistants?
12. For what does Luke claim he has a passion?
(a) Spirits, meaning religious spirits.
(b) Spirits, meaning ghosts.
(c) Spirits, meaning poltergeist.
(d) Spirits, meaning liquor.
13. Where does Luke go alone after breakfast?
(a) To town for supplies.
(b) To investigate the cold spot a little more.
(c) To take a walk on the grounds.
(d) To ask Mrs. Dudley for another pot of coffee.
14. What does Luke find?
(a) Words written about Theo on the wall.
(b) Words written about Dr. Montague on the wall.
(c) Words written about Eleanor on the wall.
(d) Words warning Luke on the wall.
15. Who takes Eleanor to get dressed?
(b) Dr. Montague
(c) Mrs. Dudley
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eleanor say she is not frightened by the state of Theo's room?
2. Why does Theo tease Eleanor?
3. What do Eleanor and Theo see while walking on the property after dark?
4. Who does Eleanor eavesdrop on early in the afternoon outside the summer house?
5. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)