|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo confess she did while going back to Hill House?
(b) Taking pictures.
(c) Closing her eyes.
(d) Looking behind her.
2. Where does Luke go alone after breakfast?
(a) To take a walk on the grounds.
(b) To town for supplies.
(c) To investigate the cold spot a little more.
(d) To ask Mrs. Dudley for another pot of coffee.
3. What is Theo's response to this request.
(a) She believes they should all go back to their own lives.
(b) Yes, she needs help with the rent.
(c) She has a roommate already.
(d) Yes, it will be fun.
4. Who takes Eleanor to get dressed?
(b) Mrs. Dudley
(d) Dr. Montague
5. What is a planchette?
(a) A device that uses weights to measure breezes.
(b) A device similar to a Ouija board that uses a pencil to write out messages from the other side.
(c) A device similar to a themometer.
(d) A device that measures barometric changes within a house.
6. What does Eleanor hear while walking alone by the brook?
(a) A child laughting.
(b) A child singing.
(c) A voice in her mind.
(d) Luke and Theo's thoughts.
7. For whose death does Eleanor believe she is responsible?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her neice's.
(c) Her father's
(d) Her sister's.
8. What does Eleanor say as she wakes?
(a) I love you.
(b) I wish I could.
(c) I don't want to.
(d) I'll come.
9. What character flaw does Luke tell Eleanor he suffers?
(a) Cowardess and weakness of character.
(b) Selfishness and immaturity.
(c) Conceit and narcisism.
(d) Selfishness and conceit.
10. Why does Eleanor say she is not frightened by the state of Theo's room?
(a) Eleanor has gotten used to the strangness of Hill House.
(b) Eleanor is getting used to Theo blaming her for things.
(c) Eleanor is more concerned for Theo than herself.
(d) Eleanor does not believe a ghost did these things.
11. Who takes charge when Theo becomes hysterical over the state of her room?
(a) Mrs. Dudley
(b) Dr. Montague
12. Who suggests a walk to the brook?
13. Where do Dr. Montague and his assistants spend the night?
(a) In Eleanor's room.
(b) In Dr. Montague's room.
(c) In the study.
(d) In the library.
14. What question does Eleanor ask Theo about their conversation?
(a) Why her relationship with Luke is any of Theo's business.
(b) If Theo wants Eleanor to leave.
(c) Why Theo came to Hill House.
(d) If Theo is jealous of her.
15. Who mocks Eleanor about Journeys ending in lovers meeting?
(a) Dr. Montague
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Montague and Arthur report hearing the night before?
2. Who is Arthur?
3. Where does Arthur plan to spend the night?
4. Who hears a child singing?
5. What does Eleanor think of Luke's confession?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)