|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
(a) Rip the sweater away.
(b) Hug her and apologize for her trying day.
(c) Compliment her, even though she does not look as good as Eleanor did.
(d) Bash her with rocks and sticks.
2. For whose death does Eleanor believe she is responsible?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her father's
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her neice's.
3. What is Eleanor surprised to see when she wakes?
(a) That there is no damage from the fallen tower.
(b) That the house is still whole and standing.
(c) That the garage is still attached to the house.
(d) That the attic has not fallen in.
4. Where does Eleanor go after her conversation with Theo?
(a) For a walk in the dark.
(b) To the kitchen for a snack.
(c) To her room.
(d) To the library.
5. What does Theo confess she did while going back to Hill House?
(b) Looking behind her.
(c) Closing her eyes.
(d) Taking pictures.
6. What are the lessons illustrated in the book Luke found?
(a) How to marry a millionaire.
(b) How to survive Hill House.
(c) How to live a millionaire's life.
(d) How to live a pious and virtuous life.
7. Who insists on moving in with Theo when the summer is over?
(c) Dr. Montague
8. What is Theo's response to this request.
(a) She has a roommate already.
(b) Yes, she needs help with the rent.
(c) Yes, it will be fun.
(d) She believes they should all go back to their own lives.
9. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
(a) The illustrations are badly done.
(b) The illustrations are too childish.
(c) The illustrations are graphic and violent.
(d) The illustrations are inappropriate to the material they represent.
10. What does Eleanor expect to feel under her feet as she goes back to Hill House?
(a) Picnic blankets and baskets.
(b) A camera.
(c) Children's toys.
(d) A tape recorder.
11. Who looks forward to owning Hill House?
(a) Mrs. Montague
(b) Dr. Montague
12. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
(a) Eleanor's sister
(b) Mrs. Montague
(c) Theo's girlfriend
(d) Mrs. Dudley
13. What does Theo advice Eleanor to do?
(a) Close her eyes.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Call Dr. Montague.
14. What does Luke find in the library in Chapter 6?
(a) A photo album of the Crain family.
(b) A fictional book written by Hugh Crain.
(c) A handmade scrapbook.
(d) A book on the history of Hillsdale.
15. What question does Eleanor ask Theo about their conversation?
(a) Why her relationship with Luke is any of Theo's business.
(b) If Theo wants Eleanor to leave.
(c) Why Theo came to Hill House.
(d) If Theo is jealous of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Theo tease Eleanor?
2. Why do Dr. Montague and Luke believe Theo accuses Eleanor?
3. Who mocks Eleanor about Journeys ending in lovers meeting?
4. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
5. What does Eleanor say as she wakes?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)