|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets the group about the illustrations in the book Luke found?
(a) The illustrations are badly done.
(b) The illustrations are inappropriate to the material they represent.
(c) The illustrations are too childish.
(d) The illustrations are graphic and violent.
2. What does Eleanor come to believe she can hear?
(b) Everything in the house.
(d) Everything those around her think.
3. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
(a) A child crying.
(b) Running water.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) A knocking sound and laughter.
4. Who suggests a walk to the brook?
5. What is Theo's response to this request.
(a) Yes, she needs help with the rent.
(b) Yes, it will be fun.
(c) She believes they should all go back to their own lives.
(d) She has a roommate already.
6. What character flaw does Luke tell Eleanor he suffers?
(a) Selfishness and conceit.
(b) Conceit and narcisism.
(c) Cowardess and weakness of character.
(d) Selfishness and immaturity.
7. Who is concerned for Mrs. Montague?
(c) Dr. Montague
8. Who believes ghosts only want to be loved?
(b) Mrs. Montague
(d) Mrs. Dudley
9. What is the cause of Eleanor's sudden happiness?
(b) Dr. Montague
10. What are the lessons illustrated in the book Luke found?
(a) How to live a pious and virtuous life.
(b) How to survive Hill House.
(c) How to marry a millionaire.
(d) How to live a millionaire's life.
11. Why do Dr. Montague and Luke believe Theo accuses Eleanor?
(a) Because she really believes it.
(b) To take her focus away from her fear.
(c) To distract her while they slip her a calming drug.
(d) Because she hates Eleanor.
12. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
(a) Bash her with rocks and sticks.
(b) Hug her and apologize for her trying day.
(c) Compliment her, even though she does not look as good as Eleanor did.
(d) Rip the sweater away.
13. Who takes Eleanor to get dressed?
(a) Mrs. Dudley
(c) Dr. Montague
14. What is Eleanor surprised to see when she wakes?
(a) That the attic has not fallen in.
(b) That there is no damage from the fallen tower.
(c) That the garage is still attached to the house.
(d) That the house is still whole and standing.
15. For whose death does Eleanor believe she is responsible?
(a) Her neice's.
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her father's
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes charge when Theo becomes hysterical over the state of her room?
2. What can Dr. Montague not do with the cold spot that he desperately wants to do?
3. How is Eleanor's mood in Chapter 7?
4. What do Eleanor and Theo see while walking on the property after dark?
5. What does Theo confess she did while going back to Hill House?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)