|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes ghosts only want to be loved?
(a) Mrs. Montague
(c) Mrs. Dudley
2. Who insists on moving in with Theo when the summer is over?
(c) Dr. Montague
3. Who is concerned for Mrs. Montague?
(a) Dr. Montague
4. How do Eleanor and the others feel when they wake up?
5. Where does Arthur plan to spend the night?
(a) In the library.
(b) Patroling the corridor outside the nursery.
(c) In the nursery.
(d) In Dr. Montague's room.
6. What does Eleanor come to believe has fallen?
(a) The tower.
(b) The garage.
(c) The attic.
(d) The house.
7. What does Eleanor say as she wakes?
(a) I'll come.
(b) I love you.
(c) I don't want to.
(d) I wish I could.
8. What do Dr. Montague and his assistants hear during the night?
(a) A child crying.
(b) Running water.
(c) A knocking sound and laughter.
(d) A dog barking.
9. What does Theo advice Eleanor to do?
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Call Dr. Montague.
(d) Close her eyes.
10. What does Theo confess she did while going back to Hill House?
(a) Closing her eyes.
(b) Looking behind her.
(c) Taking pictures.
11. What do the words on Theo's wall say?
(a) Eleanor is evil.
(b) Eleanor did it.
(c) Help Eleanor Come Home Eleanor
(d) Leave Eleanor alone.
12. Who is Arthur?
(a) Theo's nephew
(b) Mrs. Montague's assistant
(c) Eleanor's cousin
(d) Mrs. Dudley's cousin
13. Why do Dr. Montague and Luke believe Theo accuses Eleanor?
(a) Because she hates Eleanor.
(b) To distract her while they slip her a calming drug.
(c) To take her focus away from her fear.
(d) Because she really believes it.
14. Who belittles Dr. Montague's investigation?
(a) Mrs. Montague
(b) Theo's girlfriend
(c) Eleanor's sister
(d) Mrs. Dudley
15. What does Theo accuse Eleanor of doing?
(a) Trying to draw attention to herself by becoming hysterical at the sight of the words.
(b) Erasing the words before they could document them.
(c) Writing the words herself.
(d) Paying Luke to write the words to frighten everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theo's response to this request.
2. Who takes Eleanor to get dressed?
3. What does Luke find in the library in Chapter 6?
4. What is Eleanor surprised to see when she wakes?
5. Who does Dr. Montague announce will arrive the following Saturday?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)