Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hill House affect Eleanor?
(a) Eleanor is happy to just be out of her sister's house.
(b) Eleanor is blissfully unaware of the evil around her.
(c) Eleanor is paralyzed with fear.
(d) Eleanor is enthusiastic about the investigation.
2. How many children did Hugh Crain have?
(a) Two daughters
(b) Three sons, one daughter
(c) Three daughters
(d) Two daughters, one son
3. What does Eleanor say as she wakes from a dream?
(a) I want to believe.
(b) I'm coming, Mother.
(c) Journeys end in lovers meeting.
(d) I'll leave.
4. What does Eleanor think of Luke when they first meet?
(a) Eleanor finds him to be rude.
(b) Eleanor finds him to be unfriendly.
(c) Eleanor finds his flirting flattering.
(d) Eleanor finds his flirting silly.
5. Who arrives at Hill House behind Eleanor?
(d) Dr. Montague
6. Dr. Montague's doctorate is in __________________.
7. Who greets the women when they return to the house?
(a) Mrs. Dudley
(c) Dr. Montague
8. To what does Theo compare this first day at Hill House?
(a) The first day of school
(b) The first day of a new job
(c) The first day of camp
(d) The first appointment with a new doctor
9. What is Dr. Montague's passion?
(b) Study of anthropology
(d) Study of supernatural manifestations
10. How does Theo insist she and Eleanor should dress?
(a) In brightly colored clothes
(b) In comfortable clothes
(c) In work clothes
(d) In sexually appealing clothes
11. Why is Theo's window not above the front door as it should be?
(a) Because her bedroom is not above the front door as she thought.
(b) Crain had every angle of the house designed to be slightly off kilter.
(c) Because the architect did not follow the plans correctly, causing several irregularities.
(d) Crain designed the house to have many optical illusions.
12. Why do the girls get lost on the way to the kitchen?
(a) Mrs. Dudley shut off all the lights.
(b) Mrs. Dudley closed the doors.
(c) All the doors have swung shut again.
(d) They do not know the house well enough.
13. What quote comes to Eleanor's mind when she reaches the front door?
(a) Journeys begin with lover meeting.
(b) Journeys end with lovers meeting.
(c) Journeys end at the iron knocker.
(d) Journeys begin at the front door.
14. How does Theo react to Luke?
(a) Theo teases Luke.
(b) Theo tell Luke not to waste his time, she is taken.
(c) Theo brushes Luke off.
(d) Theo responds to his flirting.
15. How many responses does Dr. Montague get to his letter searching for possible assistants?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dr. Montague suggest Eleanor should leave the house?
2. How does Theo see Eleanor?
3. Where did Dr. Montague hear of Hill House?
4. With what does Eleanor deny having experiences?
5. What time is dinner served?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)