Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise do Theo and Eleanor hear?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) A child crying.
(c) A crashing sound.
2. What room does Eleanor refuse to enter as they explore the house?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The game room.
(c) The study.
(d) The library.
3. What does Eleanor believe her sister and brother-in-law would never expect her to do?
(a) Make friends.
(b) Buy bright colored clothes.
(c) Steal the car.
(d) Stay in a haunted house.
4. Why is Theo's window not above the front door as it should be?
(a) Crain had every angle of the house designed to be slightly off kilter.
(b) Crain designed the house to have many optical illusions.
(c) Because the architect did not follow the plans correctly, causing several irregularities.
(d) Because her bedroom is not above the front door as she thought.
5. What does Dr. Montague warn Eleanor not to talk about if she stops in Hillsdale?
(a) The Crain family
(b) Dr. Montague's investigation
(c) Ghost stories
(d) Hill House
6. What time is dinner served?
(a) Six sharp
(b) Five sharp
7. Who did Eleanor care for for eleven years?
(a) Her father
(b) Her sister
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her mother
8. Why has Dr. Montague brought Theo to Hill House?
(a) She is psychic.
(b) She is a professional ghost hunter.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is pretty.
9. What does Dr. Montague hope to do with the information their investigation will gather?
(a) Write a historical book about the family who once owned the house.
(b) Write a fictional book about the house.
(c) Write an academic book chronicalling supernatural manifestation in the house his colleagues will respect.
(d) Write a historical book about the land the house sits on and its role in supernatural manifestations.
10. What emotion does Theo detect in Eleanor?
11. With what does Eleanor deny having experiences?
(b) Haunted houses
12. What kind of cup does Eleanor hear a little girl cry over?
(a) A pink cup
(b) A cup of stars
(c) A cup of moons
(d) A cup with bears on it
13. How does Theo react to Luke?
(a) Theo teases Luke.
(b) Theo brushes Luke off.
(c) Theo responds to his flirting.
(d) Theo tell Luke not to waste his time, she is taken.
14. Why does Dr. Montague invite Luke Sanderson to the house?
(a) Luke is psychic.
(b) Luke's family owns the house.
(c) Luke had an experience with poltergeist as a child.
(d) Luke lived in a haunted house as a child.
15. Who lived in Hill House after Hugh Crain's death?
(a) His youngest daughter and her husband
(b) His eldest daughter and a young companion
(c) His widow and her new husband
(d) His son and his family
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eleanor refuse to leave Hill House before going inside?
2. How does Theo insist she and Eleanor should dress?
3. What is Eleanor surprised by when she wakes the following morning?
4. What happens when Eleanor opens the curtains over the window?
5. Who tries to stop Eleanor from going through the gates at Hill House?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)