|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Montague invite Theodora to be his assistant?
(a) Theodora owns the house Dr. Montague is investigating.
(b) Theodora is psychic.
(c) Theodora lived in a haunted house as a child.
(d) Theodora had an experience with poltergeist as a child.
2. Where do Dr. Montague and his assistants spend the night?
(a) In the study.
(b) In Eleanor's room.
(c) In the library.
(d) In Dr. Montague's room.
3. What happens to Dr. Montague when his book comes out?
(a) It is critically acclaimed, but sells badly.
(b) It is a best seller.
(c) It is not accepted well and he resigns.
(d) It gives him all the respect he has always wanted.
4. Who refuses to stay in the house after dark?
(a) Mrs. Dudley
(c) Dr. Montague
5. What guards the entrance to the nursery?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A cold spot.
(c) A poltergeist.
(d) A set of armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eleanor stop for coffee in Hillsdale?
2. What does Theo tease Eleanor about in Chapter 6?
3. What does Theo confess she did while going back to Hill House?
4. What does Eleanor think of Luke's confession?
5. For what does Luke claim he has a passion?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)