|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eleanor buy for this trip to Hill House?
(a) A new hairbrush
(b) A new jacket
(c) A new suitcase
(d) A new sweater and matching sandals
2. Who committed suicide in Hill House?
(a) The young companion.
(b) The other daughter.
(c) The widow.
(d) The son.
3. What kind of cup does Eleanor hear a little girl cry over?
(a) A cup of moons
(b) A cup of stars
(c) A cup with bears on it
(d) A pink cup
4. What is a planchette?
(a) A device similar to a themometer.
(b) A device similar to a Ouija board that uses a pencil to write out messages from the other side.
(c) A device that uses weights to measure breezes.
(d) A device that measures barometric changes within a house.
5. What do Mrs. Montague and Arthur report hearing the night before?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is found climbing the spiral staircase?
2. What happened to the last person who attempted to leave Hill House after dark?
3. Who lived in Hill House after Hugh Crain's death?
4. To what does Theo compare this first day at Hill House?
5. Where does Eleanor go after her conversation with Theo?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)