|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Montague send a letter to Eleanor Vance?
(a) Eleanor owns the house Dr. Montague is investigating.
(b) Eleanor lived in a haunted house as a child.
(c) Eleanor had an experience with a poltergeist as a child.
(d) Eleanor is psychic.
2. What warning does Mrs. Dudley offer Eleanor?
(a) That Dr. Montague is insane.
(b) That the house is haunted.
(c) That no one will come if she needs help at night.
(d) That there is a killer loose in Hillsdale.
3. What does the voice tell Eleanor to do?
(a) Make a snack in the kitchen.
(b) Return to bed.
(c) Follow her to the nursery.
(d) Find a book in the library.
4. What time is dinner served?
(b) Five sharp
(d) Six sharp
5. Who offers to pray for Eleanor?
(a) Her sister
(b) An old woman she accidentally knocked over
(c) The little girl in the restaurant
(d) The waitress in Hillsdale
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theo tease Eleanor about in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Dr. Montague invite Luke Sanderson to the house?
3. How does Eleanor react to Theo's teasing?
4. Where does Luke go after leaving Hill House?
5. Who says that Theo looks better in Eleanor's clothing than Eleanor?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)