|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the lessons illustrated in the book Luke found?
(a) How to live a pious and virtuous life.
(b) How to live a millionaire's life.
(c) How to survive Hill House.
(d) How to marry a millionaire.
2. What does Eleanor think of Luke's confession?
(a) That it is sad.
(b) That it is silly and obviously a come-on.
(c) That it is unbelievable, but touching just the same.
(d) That it is outrageous.
3. Who refuses to allow the group to linger over their breakfast?
(b) Mrs. Montague.
(c) Mrs. Dudley.
4. How does Theo advise Eleanor to dress?
(a) Bright as a sunbeam.
(d) Dark and drab.
5. How does Theo react to Luke?
(a) Theo teases Luke.
(b) Theo tell Luke not to waste his time, she is taken.
(c) Theo brushes Luke off.
(d) Theo responds to his flirting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Eleanor's room?
2. What happened to the last person who attempted to leave Hill House after dark?
3. What is Eleanor's prevailing emotion as she is left alone in her room?
4. How do Eleanor and the others feel when they wake up?
5. What does Eleanor think would infuriate her mother?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)