|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Eleanor ask Theo about their conversation?
(a) Why her relationship with Luke is any of Theo's business.
(b) Why Theo came to Hill House.
(c) If Theo wants Eleanor to leave.
(d) If Theo is jealous of her.
2. How does Theo advise Eleanor to dress?
(a) Dark and drab.
(b) Bright as a sunbeam.
3. What does Theo accuse Eleanor of not doing?
(a) Theo accuses Eleanor of stealing silverware from the kitchen.
(b) Theo accuses Eleanor of being boring.
(c) Theo accuses Eleanor of being an old maid.
(d) Theo says Eleanor does not spend enough time caring for herself.
4. What does Eleanor notice on the veranda outside the library that no one else notices?
(a) A picture of Hugh Crain.
(b) A dark shadow below the staircase.
(c) A moldy, earth smell.
(d) A cold spot outside the door.
5. What is significant about Theo's calling the shadow a rabbit?
(a) Theo likes rabbits.
(b) Theo thinks of Eleanor as a rabbit, ripe to be manipulated.
(c) Theo saw a rabbit seconds before the shadow, confusing the two.
(d) Theo has a pet rabbit, so the comparison makes her feel better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
2. The narrator informs the reader that Hill House is what?
3. Why does Theo make jokes with Eleanor?
4. What is Eleanor forced to steal when she leaves home?
5. What does Theo tease Eleanor about in Chapter 6?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)