|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Dr. Montague and Luke searching for during the manifestation that woke the girls?
(a) A dog that ran past Dr. Montague's door.
(b) A cat that ran past Luke's door.
(c) A goat that somehow got into the house.
(d) A rat that stole Dr. Montague's after dinner cookie.
2. What words come to Eleanor's mind when she sees Hill House?
(a) Vile and diseased
(b) Ugly and old
(c) Large and attractive
(d) Happy and decorative
3. With what does Eleanor deny having experiences?
(a) Haunted houses
4. What time is dinner served?
(b) Six sharp
(c) Five sharp
5. How does Luke introduce himself?
(a) As a lawyer
(b) As the nephew of the house's owner
(c) As a specialist in psychic phenomenon
(d) As a bullfighter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Theo's calling the shadow a rabbit?
2. Who tries to stop Eleanor from going through the gates at Hill House?
3. Where is the spiral staircase located?
4. What does Eleanor believe her sister and brother-in-law would never expect her to do?
5. What does Eleanor think of Luke when they first meet?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)