|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the aunt say about Luke?
(a) He is kind and generous.
(b) He is a drunk.
(c) He is handy with tools.
(d) He is dishonest and unreliable.
2. How does Theo insist she and Eleanor should dress?
(a) In comfortable clothes
(b) In brightly colored clothes
(c) In sexually appealing clothes
(d) In work clothes
3. What happens when Eleanor opens the curtains over the window?
(a) Nothing, the windows are too thick to allow light in.
(b) Nothing, the windows are boarded up.
(c) A bird flies inside.
(d) Eleanor sees someone staring in.
4. Who provides directions to Hill House?
(b) Dr. Montague
5. Why does Eleanor refuse to leave Hill House before going inside?
(a) She does not want to miss out on an adventure.
(b) She does not want Mr. Dudley to laugh at her.
(c) She does not want to return to her sister's house.
(d) She does not want to disappoint Dr. Montague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the house at six every night?
2. Dr. Montague's doctorate is in __________________.
3. What is Eleanor forced to steal when she leaves home?
4. What happened at Eleanor's house when she was twelve?
5. To what does Theo compare this first day at Hill House?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)