|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theo tease Eleanor?
(a) She is jealous. She likes Eleanor.
(b) She wants to date Luke.
(c) She does not want a relationship to complicate the investigation.
(d) She does not want Eleanor to be distracted.
2. What character flaw does Luke tell Eleanor he suffers?
(a) Conceit and narcisism.
(b) Selfishness and conceit.
(c) Selfishness and immaturity.
(d) Cowardess and weakness of character.
3. With whom does Eleanor live ?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her cousin
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
4. Who insists on moving in with Theo when the summer is over?
(c) Dr. Montague
5. How many responses does Dr. Montague get to his letter searching for possible assistants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eleanor go after her conversation with Theo?
2. The narrator informs the reader that Hill House is what?
3. What does Eleanor hear while walking alone by the brook?
4. What does Eleanor come to believe has fallen?
5. Why do the girls get lost on the way to the kitchen?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)