|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have the Dudleys worked at Hill House?
(a) Since their childhoods
(b) Since the death of Mr. Crain
(c) Since the last tenants left
(d) Since the Sandersons took possession
2. What does Eleanor do on the ride to Hill House?
(a) Sings along to the radio
(b) Daydreams of a better life
(c) Talks to her dead mother
(d) Imagines life at Hill House
3. How does Dr. Montague treat Luke?
(a) Dr. Montague treats Luke with the respect his position affords him.
(b) Dr. Montague treats Luke almost like a servant.
(c) Dr. Montague treats Luke with indifference.
(d) Dr. Montague treats Luke like a son.
4. Who offers to pray for Eleanor?
(a) The little girl in the restaurant
(b) An old woman she accidentally knocked over
(c) The waitress in Hillsdale
(d) Her sister
5. Why does Dr. Montague invite Luke Sanderson to the house?
(a) Luke lived in a haunted house as a child.
(b) Luke's family owns the house.
(c) Luke is psychic.
(d) Luke had an experience with poltergeist as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Montague send a letter to Eleanor Vance?
2. What is Eleanor forced to steal when she leaves home?
3. What color is Eleanor's room?
4. How does Theo see Eleanor?
5. Why does Eleanor refuse to leave Hill House before going inside?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)