|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theo theorize the house contains?
(a) A closet full of skeletons
(b) An evil spirit
(c) A basement full of rats
(d) Secret passageways filled with treasure
2. Why does Dr. Montague invite Theodora to be his assistant?
(a) Theodora had an experience with poltergeist as a child.
(b) Theodora lived in a haunted house as a child.
(c) Theodora owns the house Dr. Montague is investigating.
(d) Theodora is psychic.
3. What are some of the theories for the cause of odd events that have taken place in Hill House?
(a) Ghosts, evil spirits, spirits from an Indian burial site
(b) Someone's bad sense of humor
(c) Sun spots, atmospheric pressure, polluted air, earth tremors
(d) Santanic rituals
4. How many responses does Dr. Montague get to his letter searching for possible assistants?
5. With whom does Eleanor live ?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her mother
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her father
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theo see Eleanor?
2. How do Eleanor and the others feel when they wake up?
3. Who was accused of breaking into the house at night and stealing things?
4. What happened at Eleanor's house when she was twelve?
5. How does Eleanor plan to change her behavior?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)