|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Theo introduce herself?
(a) As a psychic
(b) As a lord's daughter masquerading as a commoner
(c) As a nightclub singer
(d) As a professional athlete
2. What does Eleanor want to do to Theo when she sees her wearing her new red sweater?
(a) Bash her with rocks and sticks.
(b) Rip the sweater away.
(c) Hug her and apologize for her trying day.
(d) Compliment her, even though she does not look as good as Eleanor did.
3. Who refuses to stay in the house after dark?
(c) Mrs. Dudley
(d) Dr. Montague
4. What happened to the last person who attempted to leave Hill House after dark?
(a) The town thought he was insane and put him in the hospital.
(b) He lost his fortune in the stock market.
(c) His car drove off a cliff.
(d) His horse bolted into a tree in a turn in the drive.
5. Why does Luke's aunt send him to stay with Dr. Montague at Hill House?
(a) To keep an eye on Dr. Montague.
(b) To find him a wife.
(c) To keep the house safe.
(d) To keep him out of trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Eleanor and the others feel when they wake up?
2. What quote comes to Eleanor's mind when she reaches the front door?
3. Who greets the women when they return to the house?
4. What does Eleanor find in Theo's room?
5. What does Dr. Montague believe has caused these feelings?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)