|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Montague warn Eleanor not to talk about if she stops in Hillsdale?
(a) Dr. Montague's investigation
(b) Ghost stories
(c) The Crain family
(d) Hill House
2. How does Theo see Eleanor?
(a) Theo sees Eleanor as weak and unstable.
(b) Theo sees Eleanor as drab and unexciting.
(c) Theo sees Eleanor as a kindred spirit.
(d) Theo sees Eleanor as funny and outgoing.
3. What emotion does Theo detect in Eleanor?
4. Why does Eleanor refuse to leave Hill House before going inside?
(a) She does not want to miss out on an adventure.
(b) She does not want Mr. Dudley to laugh at her.
(c) She does not want to disappoint Dr. Montague.
(d) She does not want to return to her sister's house.
5. Why does Eleanor stop for coffee in Hillsdale?
(a) To ask about the local night life
(b) To ask questions about Hill House
(c) To ask about Dr. Montague
(d) To prolong her journey
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise do Theo and Eleanor hear?
2. What color is Eleanor's room?
3. What is Eleanor forced to steal when she leaves home?
4. What does Eleanor think would infuriate her mother?
5. Who lived in Hill House after Hugh Crain's death?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)